Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Absolution

TAG: Balun Vale Balun Vale

10c9c263fc60778fdcdadfc21befb8a4be80b476.jpg

Cordelia’s shuttle came to the sulfurous planet Lola Sayu for one purpose and one purpose alone, to commit particide. Her Father, Lord Seidon Demitte was there with his contingent of faithful knights and as usual he eaa making deals with Scum and Villainy.

“The tainted Spice will be mixed into the normal batches, and then we will have them hooked, paying double.” Said the Syndicate Represensfive said.

Seidon looked at the shipment,
Take care.. the special ingredient from Dathomir have severe side effects..

The Syndicate Representative nodded,
“As promised, the funds will go to your account and you will have revenue streams for your House my Lord.”

Cordelia’s shuttle swooped over them making the hood of Syndicate Man fly off and his google like glasses peered at vessel. Seidon reached for his ornate electrum lightsaber hilt, when the flood lights passed over them and it set down, the ramp extended as Cordelia stepped down. Seidon removed his hand from his hilt and said to representative,
Have no fear, that is my wayward Daughter, who as usual has impeccable timing..”

The Syndicate Rep turned to his ship,
“I’ll leave you to your family affairs.”

As weasel looking man scurried to his ship, Cordelia took uo her lightsaber hilt and walked in her black dress.

The Father sighed with his black beard with silver waves like an s in them.
Well Daughter.. what brings you crawling back? Tired of your exile?

Cordelia made a fist,
I have come to put an end to your voice! To the torment you sow!

Lord Seidon smirked,
Ah my little Anthema, I have heard of your exploits.. and your Jedi friend.. Balun is it? How very typical.. rebellion to the last. Did you think it would sting that you have chosen to love a Lightsider? You forget that to me you are dead already.

Cordelia ignited her ruby blade, and held it in Juyo stance. Her Father chuckled,
Do you need another lesson? You always were too rash for your own good.”

Lunging he ignited his blade in a one hand cut, and folllowed it up with more archs in the Makashi fold. His Yellow Jasper blade crackling against her blood blade.

You do not have it in you.. you are weak.. it is why you have thrown in your lot with Him!

She broke off and then lunged with both hands as she screamed, and Seidon parried and said,
As I said predictable..”

He thrusted the blade into her shoulder, and then grabbed her hand and squeezed with Force making her drop her hilt into his hand, he dug ruby blade into her abdomen, her eyes trembling as her mouth opened wide, and then in one motion he deactivated the two blades.

She laid on the deck coughing and unable to move. The Lord then walked up the ramp and pressed a key that sent a distress signal on Terentaktek channels. He then returned back to her laying there as the yellow magma poured all over in basin around them.

Leaning down to her Seidon said,
Your Boyfriend has been summoned.. perhaps you will live to see me strike him down..” Checking her vitals in The Force he shook his head,
Perhaps not.. know that when you pass into the shadow that he will die, and I will hunt down the rest of your pathetic band..”

Cordelia contorted her body, reaching as the Hash Pater pulled his cloak over his back and glared at her with burning eyes of flame. There was no remorse, no sense of concern for her state, just cruel hate…

Starship: Liberty's Edge.
Droid Companions: LK-EX1000 Executive Assistant Droid & LK Archimedes Maintenance Droid.

The Clifford-Class Freighter drifted aimlessly into deep space, enveloped by darkness and distant stars all around. Balun Vale sat back, leaning into the pilot's chair and kicking his feet up upon the dash, his fingers lacing together, hands falling into his lap. Aside from the motion of the droids that had been stationed on the vessel when Balun had absconded with it, there was almost no sound to be heard, and the view was truly relaxing.

Between his training under Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire and his efforts trying to keep Clan Terentatek together, Balun felt he had earned the break. Nouqai Veil Nouqai Veil had recently drawn him into the company of the Sith, though it was only to be brief, as he had no intention of embracing the Dark Side of the Force. Cordelia Dimitte Cordelia Dimitte had sought the Kyber Caves on Mygeeto, and together, they had survived the frozen wastes to acquire a unique Crystal for both of them. Pitié Pitié was a wild girl, seemingly unaccustomed to the way of life in the known Galaxy, yet she brought something of a feral spark to the pack. As for Lúthien Tinúviel Lúthien Tinúviel , the two had spent the least amount of time together compared to the others, but so far the guy seemed alright. With all of this, plus the news that there were fanatical Jedi hunting him and Nouqai Veil, Balun figured it was worth taking some downtime.

That was until he heard an alarm blaring from the datapad he had discarded to the co-pilot's seat. "Oh C'mon man! I was just starting to chill too!" he complained aloud, though no one would hear nor respond save for the droids working on the Starship's interior, ensuring it was up to scratch. Sighing deeply, Balun leaned across, stretching as much as he possibly could in order to paw at the Datapad with the tips of his index and middle fingers of his left hand.

Once he had finally managed to grab the device, Balun tilted the datapad's screen into view, his brows furrowing and soon his expression running cold. Cordelia had triggered her emergency frequency, something Balun had encouraged his new family only to do in times of absolute need. "Get the hell up here!" he shouted, turning to look back to the corridor leading deeper into the ship, "Chit's hitting the fan; we gotta go!" he added before turning back to the helm and firing up the engines and hyperdrive to maximum power output, diverting power from the shields and weapon systems in order to make for the quickest possible flight to Cordelia's location.

fPu2h3f.gif

Out of Hyperspace, the Liberty's edge snapped back into real space, a bright glowing purple orb, Lola Sayu, looming over the view of the cockpit, causing Balun to lean forward as if trying to get a better look. "Where are we?" he asked the co-pilot, LK-EX1000.

"This is the Belderone System Master Vale," the droid answered while manning the ship's controls. "Lola Sayu lies ahead. It appears this is the source of your companion's ess-oh-ess. Scanners indicate three life-forms; one is currently departing the vicinity, and the other two remain".

"Get us down there fast", Balun told the droid, speaking without any hint of his usual politeness. It wasn't that the co-pilot was merely a droid, although they were tools to be used in his eyes; rather, he was more concerned about Cordelia. Everything within himself seemed to silently scream in warning. This felt all so wrong.

"At once, Master" The droid complied. The Liberty's Edge was sent into full impulse, the thrusters driving Balun back into his seat as the droid obeyed without flaw. Soon enough, the orbit would give way unto the clouded skies of Lola Sayu, the ship descending with a tail of moisture as the clouds parted and swirled in response to the vessel's propulsion. A sharp rumbling would echo across the sky as they plummeted towards the surface at an alarming rate before the droid would begin to balance out the vessel's trajectory and ease back on the thrusters. "Initiating landing sequence. You may prepare for departure at your leisure, Master," the droid announced, though it remained focused on the ship's controls and the central terminal, which displayed the vessel's primary systems and diagnostics.

He didn't need to be told twice, Balun was near jumping from his seat and running down the corridor, moving through the ship towards the cargo bay and landing platform. His field apparel offered a sense of comfort, knowing that he was likely entering into some kind of fight, pray whatever that might be.

The ship rocked violently, Balun stumbling sideways against the corridors left. They had landed, and he was soon within sight of the landing platform, a cargo elevator that would take him out into the open air of Lola Sayu. His hand reached for his Lightsaber, removing it from it's fastening and keeping the weapon at the ready, while he reached out with his left and summoned the force to begin lowering the platform. He quickened his pace into full flight and lept down, landing upon the lift as its descent neared the ground floor.

That's when he saw her and another man standing over Cordelia. They had landed nearby, guided by the beacon that the stranger had activated, although Balun wasn't yet aware of this. Cordelia lay upon the ground, and from where Balun stood, he couldn't make out her wounds, but he could feel her presence in the Force lingering. She was alive but wouldn't stay that way without his help and quickly.

"Get away from her!" Balun shouted, his thumb pressing down against the activation stud, his lightsaber igniting with a snap-hiss of amber light. He did not falter but instead began his assail towards the other man, intent on fighting him if that's what it took to keep her safe.

Cordelia was slipping and out of consciousness, when she felt a familiar presence, and then blacked out. Seidon stood with his black robes and examined the arrival of this Paladin.

“Ah the Boyfriend.. ‘get away from her’? I am her Father..”

He snapped his yellow jasper blade to life and then immolated the blood blade. He began to approach this Young Man.

“Tell me boy.. have you crossed blades with a Lord? The first pesson is never lower your defenses!”

He leapt thrusting the two sabers as fangs to draw from well of his life matter. The he crackled and hissed as he aimee them to find purchase in his chest.

Cordelia had not passed out, her pulse had run cold and she fouhd herself in a realm of shadow, and searing heat. She heard the moans of many and the flicker of flames, which revealed she was bound to a labybith of souls stretching inti the Void, each making cries of desperation and gnashing their teeth. She felt the intense heat bathed in shadow, as it lapped at her feet and rose to her waist. The he torment was excruciating when a figure drew bear with eyes golden like magma, and a hood, in his hands syrche with a glowing sickle.

“Fresh souls.. Gunwald! Prepare the Carosole..”

Cordelia spoke up,
“There must be some mistake! I do not belong in this place!

The Reaper drew near to her and took a wiff.

“I smell it on you.. the Darkness.. all who drew on its power find no rest here.. nothing save anguish and agony for those who subscribed to disharmony!”

Cordelia cried out,
I beg for mercy!

The Reaper drew closer, his eye upon her.
“You do have a faint glitter of another’s power.. risidule glow from those you call foe.”

Cordelia nodded,
Balun Vale.. yes! He is my friend.

A book with a great mantly pages rose up with broken binding as the Phantom examined the lists.

“No Balun in here.. though a Cordelia Demitte, that is you, is right here..”

He pointed his boney finger at the name which burst into flames as he closed the book.

“I am afraid unless revived, and you mend your ways.. to the flames!”

Cordelia was being pulled with countless legions into a pit of shadow where worm like serpents of fire began to coil around the first in line and the next pulling them down therein. She tried to cry out when she felt her mouth seal and her lips disappear.

“Poor girl.. you have no mouth.. no body.. those are illusions here.. your soul shall know nothing save woe.. for you chose the dark fold and it rewards you thus..”

Cordelia felt her soul being pulled by worms of hot fire that became chains.

“Those last words of your creed, ‘My chains are broken, The Force will free me,’ how poetically inverted from the reality, for every link that binds you now was forged in your life.. and they shall drag you deeper into great torment!”

Lord Seidon Demitte stood before him, drawing his jasper Sith Sword to the ready. Balun had never faced a Sith in combat until this point in time. However, Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire trained him and taught him advanced methods of sabre combat since he had left the New Jedi Order.

Facing another far more potent in their ability to wield the Force, however, a Sith Lord who commanded the Dark Side of the Force with merciless disregard, Seidon Demitte, posed the most significant threat that Balun had ever witnessed. Fear threatened to catch in his throat. However, he could not risk the loss of his concentration, and the words of his Master were drawn to mind. Breath. Focus. Move.

Balun pivoted on the heel of his right foot, swinging his left to carry him with momentum, turning as Lord Seidon's blade passed just shy of his torso. The young man stepped sideways, attempting to get alongside the Sith Lord, both hands gripping the hilt of his Lightsaber to bear in a horizontal slash at neck height—a single blow aimed to decapitate the enemy and end the battle quickly.

Every second counted, every mistake likely to cost him his life. With his attention purely on Lord Seidon, Balun was entirely oblivious to Cordelia Dimitte Cordelia Dimitte 's ethereal encounter. Balun had been taught that all life eventually returns to the Force, but as for what that felt like, he had no idea. Nor did he want to find out any time soon.

The Learner had some moves, despite his mastery of Makashi, this Balun was able to get into position and make a stroke that came for nape and head, the Lord let it find purchase as he head tore clean off in a spray of black liquid as he dropped down in a pool of shadow, then suddenly there was another Seidon who thrusted his blade at The Jedi Exile the side, his Dopplegänger was now a pool of ink like liquid that drew back into boot of The Father who now endeavored to carve an effigy in Balun’s chest cavity.

Cordelia was being dragged down by the souls of the damned, she felt as if she was drowning in deep waters and yet The Reaper assured her that this was an illusion. The Poor Girl felt herself suffocating, and the searing heat when another Reaper halted the process, it wore crimson and floated over to her.

“You are Cordelia.. correct?”

She nodded unable to utter a word till she was released. This Scarlet Clade Spirit looked in a different book,
“I have found your name bound to a Balun.. you helped him on Mygeeto? Yes?”

She nodded,
Yes.. we were attacked.”

The Spirit with golden eyes fixed on her and said, “Was this out of an instinct of self preservation? That you sought to ensure your own survival or did you do so put of love and care for him? Seeking to defend him?”

Cordelia cleared her throat, was there a throat?
I did it because I care for him.. he is the kindest man I have ever known.

The Spectra looked at her intently as he shut a ruby gem book with gold pages.
“You acted not as a Sith.. no deciet.. no attempt at guile?”

Cordelia nodded,
I owe him my life.. he welcomed me into a family of misfits despite my darkness, despite my bloodline..”

The Skeletal Reaper sighed,
“You do not belong in the Black Lake of Chaos.. you shall be taken back to Gnashing Floor, and your status will be re-examined by our Lord..”

Cordelia asked,
Who is your Lord?

He turned in his skull face and said, “The Left-Handed God.. Typhojem.”

To Balun's astonishment, his amber blade tore straight through the neck of Lord Seidon, causing his head to be removed and start to spin midair before the figure dissipated into black fluid. There had been no impact as the lightsaber had swept straight through his intended target, the momentum carrying Balun several paces forward in an awkward stumble, his gaze already drawn over his shoulder as he searched for what had become of Cordelia Dimitte Cordelia Dimitte 's Father.

The sound of movement caught his full attention, turning instead to his right and finding a renewed Lord Seidon driving his Sith Sword towards Balun's upper body. He didn't have time to evade and instead brought his lightsaber blade sweeping up in a clockwise arc, aiming to parry the piercing strike off sideways, narrowly avoiding being skewered by Lord Seidon.

"Why would you hurt your own daughter!?" Balun yelled at the man while stepping off to the left to keep Lord Seidon at arm's length. Balun had never known his parents nor whether he had any siblings. He had been abandoned to the New Jedi Order, and so whatever culture or home he might have once had was forgone. His past and the way his life had shaped him only added to the confusion and anger at seeing that Cordelia's father had attacked and mortally wounded her.

The Dark Lord nearly impaled the Jedi, when the blade was parried. The Boyfriend was showing he was able,
Impressive.. you have some skill Young One..
To his statement about his Progeny, the Master of Makashi gave reply,
She is dead to me.. she is a stain on House Demitte, allowing her compassion to make her consort with.. well.. for example the likes of you!
He spun his blade arouhd in several single handed arching cuts, pivoting bus wrist so that the recovery between each stroke was short. The Father kept up the flurry of cuts as Cordelia laid there cold in contrast the bubbling magma around them.

In The Underworld she waited in the crowded place where souls moaned, ahe felt the heat dissipate and then The Scarlet Reaper arrived with a tablet,
“Cordelia.. come with me.”

IMG_4883.png

She came to a place of great clouds, and towers with tentacles slithering around them of ink black. They came to a short tower that they stood on, The Scarlet Skeleton bowed in bended knee as the clouds gleamed with green light and a shadow of great form drew near, its hand stretching out over them. It made clicking noises she could not understand, the Reaper becoming an Interpreter.
“The Great Lord Typhojem has reviewed your sentence and has concluded that you may return to the realm of the living.. though he gives a warning.. remember that the price of the dark side is eternal torment. Remember that..”

Cordelia bowed her head in respect to The Left-Handed God.
Tell The Great Lord I am grateful for his ruling.. I shall take heed to his warning.”

The Reaper related it back to Typhojem who stretching his shadow hand in a gesture began to retreat with the clouds of green.

The Reap approached,
“A soul like yours does not belong in Chaos.. do not come back.. My Master will not be as merciful if you do.”

Cordelia nodded, and with a touch pf his boney finger, she awoke there on the deck with a gasp and she could feel the great pain of mortal flesh once more, she heard the crackle of sabers, and turned to see Balun Vale Balun Vale tilting with her Father. She crawled as drops of magma flew in the air like rain hitting the deck, the bottom of her black dresd caught fire and she tore at it till it was a short skirt revealing her pale legs and thigh in black netting. Her heart was pounding as she crawled up the ramp of her ship, and coughed, inside she searched for a syringe, and some vials of , several glass containers fell, she got one that was labeled Kolto and dipped the needle in it and filled, there was little specks of dust in the liquid as she dug it in a vein, laying on the floor. It was a start but her abdomen wound needed something far more extensive, she had a small Becta tank that she crawled into, it required that she bend her knees up into her chest in a fetal position. It was uncomfortable and not ideal save for emergancies, and this constituted an emergency. She slide the glass that squeeze her, her ceek pressed against it and liquid began to flow in as she took a primitive cord and ingested it, gagging till oxygen flowed and the waters of healing filled the tank.

Lord Seidon began to advance in attack, no longer striking singular blows but lashing out at Balun with multiple strikes in quick succession. The young rogue was forced onto his back foot, growing defensive as the Sith quickly overwhelmed him. What had been luck would soon run out if he weren't careful, and so Balun would retreat further with every attempt the Sith Lord took. Holding his lightsaber in both hands, Balun would swiftly double-back several paces, trying to parry the strikes that came too close for comfort while evading those he could.

Balun's style of combat had changed, referring to Soresu to maintain as much energy he now could, his hair darkened with sweat and the exhaustion of such a battle beginning to show. Every second felt an eternity as he concentrated on the older man's movements, seeking to analyze Seidon's means and identify some form of opening or flaw in the man's form.

Balun almost failed to notice that Cordelia Dimitte Cordelia Dimitte had moved, having regained consciousness when he had thought her near-lost. She no longer lay where she had, so he lept several meters backward to glance back towards her ship just in time to see her withdraw into it. She was in no state to pilot the craft, but with the droids aboard the Liberty's Edge, Cordelia didn't have to.

As Lord Seidon once again pushed forward on the attack, Balun extended both arms, his right hand still gripping the lightsaber hilt between his thumb and palm while summoning as much strength in the Force to hurl a telekinetic wall back at the man. It took what energy Balun had, but he put everything into it, attempting to throw Lord Seidon backwards off his feet while his guard was down and he was rushing the boy.

Instead of capitalizing on a potential opening, Balun turned and sprinted towards Cordelia's ship, giving a wave towards the cockpit of the Liberty's Edge for the droids to take off without him. His feet hit the ramp with a thud, quickly moving up and punching the nearby controls with an open palm to lock down the ship. Balun didn't have time to check on Cordelia's injuries, but seeing her in an emergency healing tank gave him hope to head straight for the cockpit and fire up the engines as quickly as he could manage. He powered the shields and activated the automated turret on the underside of the hull, intent on keeping the Sith Lord at bay until the vessel could adequately fire up. Balun triggered the repulsor lift thrusters for take-off.

The Sith Lord kept at the string of strokes, the fact this Young Jedi managed to hold his own made Seidon begin to wonder if His Daughter choosing him was indeed wise. Balun Vale Balun Vale had a strength of spirit that he saw in few Jedi, most held to principles and the purpose in their Order, the abstract, this was different.. it reminded him of himself long ago.. before power eclipsed his more noble personhood. The dark side mutates, making the vessel experiance many deaths, even the namesake is sacrificed for the mantle of Darth. It has cost This Father everything, including his family…

The Paladin was using Soresu, there was no mistake, he was conserving hus strength, this emboldened Seidon to use Djem So and finish him off, when the slippery Lightsider distanced himself and in a suprise show of power used a Force Wall that knocked him back as the Young Man went in full retreat. The Dark Lord beat at the barrier, until it fell and then he saw the turrent come alive and fire at him with great red bolts, he deflected a few that bounced off the haul tell he found some protection behind some thick obsidian crates.
You have chosen wisely Daughter.. he is a capable one.

Aboard the ship, Cordelia’s emergency soak was ending and she awoke, the glass confining and making her claustrophobic. She pulled the release balve and water poured on deck, into drains, and she fell out, removing the cord from her throat, voiding some fluid that got in from its removal. She felt sore all over and when she tried to walk, she wobbled, he legs feeling like jelly. Her hair was soaked, and her body steaming from warm fluid as she cane to the cock pit and saw Balun, she reached out with her wet hand to touch his back shoulder. Mm
Balun.. you came..

Her voice was horse from the intubation. She held a smile as she looked at him, he was her knight in shining armor.. well robes. She had come to depend on him, and in this light she felt the overwhelming desire to kiss him. She saw flashes of light on the view screen as bolts flew at a figure darting afar. Cordelia knew it was her Father, and yet despite her earlier ire, she felt rather serene. The trip to Chaos had put a check in her darker emotions as the advice of The Left-Handed God rang in her head. She knew it would take time to unlearn her Sith tendencies, but with Balun she believed it was possible to start again, to start from scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom