Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Ambitious Minds | GA Dominion of Gholondreine-β Hex

Gholondreine-β
BYOO: BioToxic Sand Dunes - MaraTibx Detoxifying Research Station
Tag: Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Danger gave a nod at Ko’s commentary, getting out of the speeder and moving towards the back to grab at the geographical, environmental, ozone, and bioanalysis sensor droid. It was an orb, which with a press of a button would come to life and start hovering in front of Danger.

She pulled out a datapad and began to sweep her finger over the selections. While she wasn't entirely certain how this all worked, back in her heyday, she collected a few sensor contracts before Arceneau Trade grew so large that she delegated the field tasks.

'Sides, it was nice to talk a walk and meander outside of the office.

"Don't surprise me none if the trenches have the higher salinity and toxicity 'Specially as the oceans were pumped out and the sun started to dry out what remained." Danger commented, watching the sensor droid go out to double check and scan for more information.

"Reckon with biotoxins we'll need to process those out first before we get onto the minerals. Got a few droids that can do the bulk of that labor to keep folk safe from breathin' in anything nasty. Once that is cleaned up, well reckon the locals might be keen on providing labor for good pay. That'll be a good away to keep folk and any refugees here feelin' productive, specially once Mara Tibx and PharmaTech start building the biodomes. Gettin' folk to see the difference they make in makin' the place livable and productive for use in harvestin' fresh produce should put some pep in their step. They've enough to worry 'bout what is goin' down Coreworld to wonder how they'll be able to afford food or get fed."

Which was Arceneau Trade's philosophy. Get the locals bought into what can be done to make them self-reliant again without having to wait on imports. Not like trade and the like wasn't a good thing - Danger made plenty of profit making sure folk had their water, cleaning toiletries, and anything fancy, but odds were war was going to drive funds to the defense of the Alliance rather than making sure prices weren't hiked up and on short supply.

HAIuSyi.png

This was too close.

Briana had the best start of the three and managed to get ahead of her. Aris had a slightly less lucky start, but he was gaining fast, trapping her between the two Jedi. Losing to her son would be one thing — it'd make him smile and she'd be a proud Mom who could boast to others about how awesome her kids are — but losing to Briana? That was unacceptable.

She'd never hear the end of it.

The third leg of the race was upon them, and Valery decided to take more risks. She accelerated and went through a sharp turn just a little faster than she normally would. It could pay off and allow her to close the distance, but she could very well crash or slow herself down in the end.

<This race is far from over, Bri,> Valery reminded her with a grin.

It was all or nothing now.

BQZqoRN.png

PpBs3gB.png

Tag: Efret Farr Efret Farr Elias Edo Elias Edo
Vera frowned, clearly not fond of the idea that the planet couldn't be healed. Whenever someone told her that something was impossible, she felt that drive to still find a way. Only so she could help someone or something that others had given up on. But, in truth, she knew very little about healing planets and both Efret and Elias were experts when it came to handling the environment. If they said it was impossible, she'd trust them.

Luckily, her frown didn't linger for long.

When she poked about their vacation, Vera noticed the pink cheeks and the quick response from Elias. She smiled, nodded, and made it seem as if she pushed those thoughts out of her mind, but Vera knew. She had already made a mental note and perhaps had a new topic of conversation for over dinner with Mom.

Speaking of Mom, Elias mentioned her when he asked about surfing, "I've not surfed before, but I'd love to try! Mom told me about her surfing trip with you and I'm sure she'd love to go there again. With both of you." She giggled innocently, but she couldn't help but tease just a little more.

The screeching of Efret's kind companion pulled Vera back into focus. She loved to mess around, but when it was time to get back to work, she'd always be ready!

"This is my first time, so I'll follow after you two, okay?"

Getty_AralSea.jpg

Objective: BYOO
Tags: Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau

Z9U36lL.png

Hearing Danger’s explanation, Ko “looked” over and nodded along. “That sounds like a good plan to me if it can be put into practice. If you want long term rewards and fulfillment like that then I imagine you gotta balance building communities here on top of the reconstruction. Otherwise I could foresee biodomes here being little more than fancy work camps for folks to come to for seasonal work if they have the qualifications.” Ko didn’t think that would be the worst outcome either, but it would be a far cry from the more community oriented project Danger seemed to suggest. Even Ko’s idea of seasonal work here should still mean a constant and steady stream of workers. Since they’d likely come from different worlds where different seasons began and ended at different times.

However, Ko also feared the possibility of Pharmatech and Maratibx forming remote company towns. Far enough away from adequate jurisdiction to exploit its workers away from the prying eyes of any authorities.

“I really wish I could see it all as it develops.” Ko lamented, crossing his rather strong arms over his chest. His words have a bit of a double meaning. Since he literally couldn’t “see” anything anyways. “Since I don’t imagine I’ll really be here for very long. I really wanna do as much as I can while I'm here. Because I know it’s only a matter of time until other situations will pull me elsewhere. Soon enough this war with this new ‘Upstart Empire’ is gonna drag a lot of people and myself back to The Core. Like you just said, there's a lot going down out there.” The Kel Dor expressed some with a much more somber and even regretful tone. Needing to turn his back on the rebirth of a world in order to try and prevent the destruction of others.

Letting out a deep sigh through his antiox mask. “I guess I kinda got a little pessimistic there. I supposed on top of everything else going on, I’m now feeling a bit of “FOMO” (fear of missing out) with what’s getting done here, and it’s got me feeling a little nostalgic for what I did in my teens.” Ko then wondered if he could really feel that nostalgic for something that was really only a few years ago. Also wasn't' sure what compelled him to open up about this now. Maybe he just wanted to get some stuff off his chest, and getting to open up to a stranger he didn't think he'd ever meet again would be a decent enough way to do so. "Sorry Miss Danger, I probably shouldn't vent to you like you're my personal diary." Ko said, trying to readjust to his more usual respectful tone. Not wanting to seem rude or full of himself.

Gholondreine-β
BYOO: BioToxic Sand Dunes - MaraTibx Detoxifying Research Station
Tag: Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Knight Vuto was certainly a curious little thing. Well, not a little thing. Man really. Under her mask, Danger would give a subtle smile, enjoying listening to Ko's thoughts as he mused regarding concerns over corporate communities, how that would be leveraged with the locals, and then his bit of nostalgia.

"Ain't nothin' but a thang'"
Danger replied, gently waving off any apology he had. "I don't mind lendin' my ear to concerns and internal musin'. Do it all the time."

It was true; she'd done it for decades in order to build Arceneau Trade where it is today. Danger built her reputation on her cordiality, hospitality, and ability to create the sort of comforting atmosphere that would encourage conversation, intimacy, and interaction.

"You know, you can always come back any time? Ain't like the biodomes themselves are closed to the public. We've even got a good paid internship program for folks looking to learn more about the trade." Iko Vel had joined one of said internships with Salacia.

"All that to say.... no need to be so downcast Knight Vuto... I'm sure there's plenty of work you can do as a Jedi that can cross with agriculture or more of what you did in your teens."

Scans done, Danger reviewed the results. "Well, you were right. I'll get these numbers back and get a team built to start looking at the rest of the coordinates you gave. You've saved us a whole heck of a lot of preliminary data. We can focus on the more biohazardous areas to get them clean up and then see what we can do about all these high salinity areas."

in the footsteps of a stranger

BQZqoRN.png

"This is my first time, so I'll follow after you two, okay?"

"No, absolutely not okay," replied Efret. "I'll go, you follow, then Master Edo." She looked to Elias as if to make sure that was agreeable to him. "That way, if you get stuck or, dare I say, scared, someone can pull you up and we can figure it out from there." There was no judgement in her expression. If the latter happened, Efret wouldn't think any less of Vera.

So, what’s the plan?

It was a relief that Vera's teasing had seemingly left him unbothered.

"You're going to belay me from up here, then I'll belay Vera, then you, from down there." She glanced to Vera. "I put a climbing harness and some carabiners in each of your bags." After saying so, Efret swung her own rucksack off one shoulder, untied the fasten, and took out a coil of rope, then a belaying device. She expertly fed a loop of rope into the device.

"Your dominant hand is going to be your break hand," she told Elias. "The other's the guide. You'll want to hold the rope under the belay device about six inches, like this." She demonstrated the proper grip with her forefinger and thumb facing up. "As I rappel, you just need to make sure that the rope doesn't get tangled as I go. The job's different coming up. I'll teach you more when we're ready to climb."

She looked over to Vera. "For now, there's a few phrases I need you two to know. Ask me 'On belay?' when you want to confirm that I'm ready for you. If I am, I'll say, 'Belay on.' Then, you can start walking backwards down the wall. Don't feel pressured to go as fast as me. I've been doing this for many years. Keep your legs shoulder-width apart and slightly bent. Take your time; there's no rush. Should you want me to lower you, tell me, 'Ready to lower.'

One more. If you, for any reason, think you're about to fall, call, 'Watch me.' I will.
" She smiled as she patted one of her biceps, hoping to be equal parts silly and comforting. "I'm stronger than I look, but mostly smart. It's seventy five percent physics."

She demonstrated how to hook a harness onto the rope by preparing hers. She then took a few minutes to set up a secure ground anchor.

"On belay?" she asked Elias.

When he was ready, Efret would back up further until she was walking off the cliff. She adjusted the volume of her interpretation unit on her way down so that, once on solid ground, she could call up and be heard:

"Okay, Vera. Hook up."

She sent the belay device back up the rope with the Force.

Last edited:

BQZqoRN.png

Objective: Investigate the lost temple
Tag: Cailen Corso Cailen Corso

M977SXg.png

"Who knows in all honesty, maybe the ancients have been kind enough to leave us a cake for our efforts"

Smirking slightly, he moved further into the buried temple and took out a torch to help light up the way ahead "Whoever built it had force sensitive in mind. They were making sure not just anyone could find the treasures inside" Silas remarked while coming up to another archway that led them into a large open room. Stopping at the end, he pointed his torch at the near empty space and noticed the deep drop below. All that remained were narrow stepping stones.

"Watch your step Cailen, we don't want to be falling down there" the knight muttered, his looking to the first stepping stone "If my eyes are correct, these should be stable enough to still take our weight. I don't fancy turning into paste at the bottom" He said with a sigh and shrug "Well, here it goes" with a few steps back he jogged and jumped onto the first stepping stone with ease.

Silas Reaffirmed his balance and motioned for Cailen to follow "When you're ready, start following me"

Tides of Change

BQZqoRN.png

Tags: Efret Farr Efret Farr | Vera Noble Vera Noble
Objective 1: Forgotten Truths

DPFKiwm.png

"Belay on," Elias said with a nod, preparing for the initial stages of their descent. He wasn't afraid of heights per se, but something about watching Efret Farr Efret Farr descend the cliff face made him uneasy. He knew that if push came to shove, for lack of better words, he could rely on the Force to help her or Vera Noble Vera Noble should they lose their footing, but still - it was uncomfortable to watch from the edge of the cliff, where it was much safer by comparison.

But sooner than he thought, Efret was on solid ground at the bottom of the chasm and her belay device came up to Vera's hands. Elias gave the girl an affirmative nod, making sure (and double-sure) that he was ready for her to begin her climb down. "Whenever you're ready, kiddo," he said to her with a reassuring smile. "I've got you from this side, and Master Farr's got you from down there."

Efret was fine, Vera is fine, and he would be fine, Force willing. He took a good, deep breath, then watched for the little Noble to step over the edge.

BQZqoRN.png

Tags: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

Eku1KfW.png

It may catch Silas off guard to see Cailen, timid as he was, take such a leap without hesitation, but it was just the kind of thing he did all the time in the scrapyards on Anaxes. Salvage teams were often unfairly pitted against one another by the foremen, forcing them to devise creative ways to get from point A to B in as little time as possible while avoiding injury - or even death - due to a fall.

Cailen followed one stone behind Silas, carefully hopping ahead and making sure to steady himself as he went. "This is a lot like jumping across starship wings," he said. "My section back home was full of old ARC-170s and X-wings. I was pretty good at moving from one to the other and strapping claim trackers on them so the other teams couldn't steal our finds." That was his least favorite part of being a scrapper. Losing a solid ship because you forgot to tag it was the worst. "At least we're not competing with anyone to get to the bottom first," he said.

Although, there was no denying he was eager to see what awaited them. He wondered if his psychometric abilities would work down here, and if so, what kinds of things would he see? When he explored the Jedi temple ruins on Obroa-Skai with Valery Noble Valery Noble and Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble he was exposed to a series of awful visions from the Imperial era... he hoped to avoid such imagery here.

BQZqoRN.png

Objective: Investigate the lost temple
Tag: Cailen Corso Cailen Corso

M977SXg.png

"You're feeling brave today huh?"

He was happy to see Cailen tackle such obstacles without hesitation and go at them head on. Jedi his age would have thought twice before crossing a risky obstacle, but with trust in his pseudo bro, he had enough trust not to worry as they went across. All it required was a good balance to get across safely, a key aspect that every good Jedi would need going forward.

"Starship wings? I almost keep forgetting you were originally a scrapper. In a different life, I could have done the same, but I'm a homestead boy at heart so the idea of doing that at the time would have been alien to me. Speaking of the homestead, you haven't seen it yet have you?" he asked as he got closer toward the end of the stepping stones. Silas did one last big jump over to the ledge and turned around, his arm extending out to help him out on the last jump.

"I'll have to give you a tour one day and show you what it's all about. You'll be thrilled to know I'm going to start growing stuff back again, just like the old days of my childhood"

BQZqoRN.png

Tags: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

Eku1KfW.png

"You'd have been good at it I think," he said, taking another skip across the stones. "You have good footwork. And confidence, that makes the biggest difference." Anyone can have good balance, after all, but you'll never scale the first scrap pile if you're not sure of yourself. It was the hardest skill to master, and even Cailen wasn't completely in control of his nerves all the time. Not the way his dad was. When he came to the final jump, he reached out and grabbed Silas' hand to finish off the path. He nodded at Silas' offer, a huge grin on his face. "That sounds so awesome! Yeah, I'd love to do that."

The last few years had been so busy, causing a natural shift in their dynamic; the responsibilities of a Knight were much more demanding than that of a Padawan, and that was in the most normal of times - during the dawn of yet another war, it only made things harder for them to connect. The opportunity to do anything with his big brother figure was welcome.

"Where's your homestead?" he asked, his fingertips brushing against a bit of stone as they delved deeper into the vault. It occurred to him that he'd never asked before, which in turn made him realize that much of Silas' life was just as unknown to him as the ruins were. A brief pang of guilt stuck his chest for not knowing Silas better, but there was no better time to make up for that than the present.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom