Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Bazaar of the Four Winds

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Zaiya listened with interest, then her brows rose in growing curiosity as Aris Noble Aris Noble explained why Epicanthix families were so big. She began to arrange the slices of apple in the bowl for him to start eating if he liked, asking, “Oh, okay. Does that mean you have multiple mom’s then?”

That was so strange to her, but then again, there were so many different cultures and races in the galaxy.

“Lovalla mate for life and because of how rare we are, it’s hard to find a partner…so one child tends to be normal…it has a lot to do with our physiology… but family is just as important.”
She gave a faint smile towards him, opening the blum berries and spreading a few handfuls in a decorative swirl. She then opened the tin of nuts and placed them beside the berries.

“Like sharing a meal like this. Preparing it for one another. It’s another way we show our affection.” Another pleasant glow radiated from her then, before moving to place bunches of ice berries on the plate.

“Your family sounds lovely.”

qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

"No, mom and dad are very devoted to one another. I guess that's just how they are?"

That's how it was always phrased, but Aris didn't really get it. Then again, all that mattered was they were happy in his eyes. Aris however did blink and tilt his head. It sounded very difficult for the Lovalla to exist in this galaxy, especially if they were as rare as she said. At least he now understood why she was still glowing just making food. This was a connection for her. Something very precious.

Something he honestly didn't understand.

"They are. They are very unique, but they are very special to me. You're really good at this. Did you practice?"

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

“Oh, so then they are mated for life too!” Zaiya smiled, “That’s good that they are devoted to each other. Means they really love each other. “ in her mind devoted also meant love, because it meant one did their best to loyally show affection, devotion, and dedication to one another.

At @Aris Noble’s query, Zaiya glanced at him quizingly, citrine pale grey hues dancing in bemused curiosity. “Hmm, good at what?”

Did he meant setting up the fruit board?

“Oh! Well, food should not only taste great but also look pretty. “ she grinned, adding the king berries and the figs to the plate. She collected a big fat strawberry and began to gently remove the green tops.

“My parents and I used to do this a lot…before they passed,” she replied, her colors dampening a bit, “I stay in the university dorms so… I just prepare my own food. Sometimes Dr.
Izar joins me.”

Zaiya paused and looked at him, then she smiled, her skin brightening again, “you can start eating if you like. You don’t have to wait until I’m done.”

qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

"Whether it's one spouse or multiple Epicanthix marry for life. From what I understand the strongest is often the one who ends up with multiple spouses." Which wasn't limited by genders either, not that Aris thought much on it. "Strength is beauty for the Epicanthix. Many of the murals that were saved depict as much."

Those were beautiful in his eyes. Artwork, the history preserved. It brought quite the smile when he first saw them, and still did now.

"Plating, yes. It's a very important part of cooking and culinary. You habe a good grasp on it." Technically he did too, even if he couldn't figure out how to cook food right. But she didn't seem.to have thay problem. She was having fun, at least until rhe mention of her parents. Without much though he reached over just to tap her hand. Lovalla found comfort through bonds. He couldn't craft one through the Force, but he hoped this would at least help brighten her colors again.

He said nothing on it though, instead reaching for a piece of fruit once she had brightened back up. "I will do just that, then."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Brighten she did, Aris’s comforting touch of his hand saw a resurgence of the teal and turquoise hues signifying happiness and contentment, followed by high lights of pale blue in amusement as he began eating.

“Like it?” She asked, slicing the strawberry in half then placing it in a fanned pattern on the plate. Zaiya slightly flushed in pleasure at the compliment, then smiled,” Thank you. Glad you think so.”

As for his culture and strength, Zaiya pondered for a bit then went, “Then I guess you’ll be considered very handsome once you are older because of how strong you are, right?”

If strength is beauty and Aris Noble Aris Noble said he’s already very strong, then by those standards he would reach top beauty awards.

However something caught her attention,”Murals that were saved? Which murals? — and what were they saved from?

qXrM5Mv.png

Last edited:

xiqfVVX.png

Aris nodded as he took up one of the berries to pop back. Fruit were a good treat. Easy on calories, and the natural sugars weren't as bad as the processed stuff he'd have gotten in the jellycakes. It was unfortunate he couldn't fully enjoy those treats, but at least he wasn't completely ruining his diet for the day. Though he tilted his head shortly after. "I am very strong, but physical strength isn't the only strength that the Epicanthix support. Strength of mind. Of will. Artistic strength even more so. Something can't just be used to fight, it has to look beautiful while doing so, sort of thing."

Strength was beauty, and beauty was strength.

"Oh. From Panatha. When the world was destroyed twenty or so years ago they saved as much as they could. Niv Hani, where I live, is where my father and Adonis, the current leader, brought the survivors to rebuild."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Zaiya's face continued to radiate a soft, joyful glow as she observed Aris's appreciation for the meal. There was a profound satisfaction in nourishing another being and witnessing their delight in the food prepared for them—a sentiment deeply ingrained in Lovalla culture. While the act of cooking may seem mundane, it holds significant meaning, fostering sentiments of trust, empathy, and companionship.

Preparing a meal for someone was more than just providing sustenance; it was a gesture of thoughtfulness and care, eliciting primal emotions of safety and warmth. Sharing food with others strengthened bonds and reinforced the importance of social connection and belonging. It allowed for a type of intimacy few other interactions permitted, especially for a typically non-violent race like Lovalla.

"Hmm... strength of mind, will, and art -- all while looking beautiful while doing so,"
Zaiya pondered aloud, considering, "That makes me think that the way you fight must look almost like a dance of sorts?" She was trying to picture it in her mind, but without a reference, it was hard to.

When Aris explained that the world had been destroyed, with as much attempted to be saved in the wake of it, Zaiya's colors dampened in sympathy, concern returning to her delicate face. "I'm sorry that happened, but I'm glad your people were able to save as much as they could."

Curiosity peaked at the mention of the world where Aris Noble Aris Noble lived now, "Niv Hani? Where is that located at?" curious to learn more -- not only because that is where Aris lived, but also selfishly because it gave her an idea how long travel times might be to come to visit.

qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

"Echani treat fighting like a dance. While beautiful, there is no flair or extra steps in Epicanthix fighting. You move how you need to move and finish the fight as fast as you can. Sometimes the best way to prevent any more harm is to win quickly." It was how he'd handled the people who broke into his home. Cut them down without any hesitation, as fast as possible. Both to spare them any pain, and to ensure the safety of his siblings.

But even thinking about it had his expression fall again as he took up another piece of fruit. This were darker subjects. Even thinking about Panatha saddened him. Not because he knew what had been lost, or even that he was from there. Rather, that he'd never see the world himself, with all it's glory.

"Within Alliance space. If you give me a star map I can show you. The world itself is mostly undeveloped. Lots of forests, outside of Niv Hani, which is the name of the city the Epicanthix have built."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Zaiya listened quietly, finishing up fanning the rest of the strawberries. As Aris Noble Aris Noble continued, she caught the way his expression dampened. It was clear he was thinking about something that bothered him. Zaiya went through her mind regarding what it could be. Fighting. Echani treating fights like a dance. No extra steps to Epicanthix fighting and the need to finish the fight as fast as possible to prevent more --

Oh. oh.

Compassion fanned over Zaiya's expression, evoking the swirl of color hues relaying that. Zaiya took a clean cloth and wiped her hands clean. Then, with careful fingers, she reached down to collect a strawberry and offered it up to him. She wasn't sure what the best way to comfort him was, as he had done to her, but she hoped the gesture conveyed her desire to give him that.

"We can go to the resources room after this. I can pull one there."
She told him, intending to clean up a bit before joining him. "Niv Hani sounds lovely. What's your favorite part of it?"

qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

Ah, she picked up on it. The compassionate colors as she offered up the strawberry was enough to confirm that, while he didn't have colors like she did, he still visibly showed his emotions. It wasn't a bad thing in his mind. Maybe. It could be bad if he was actively trying to make sure people didn't know what he was feeling. It was something he'd have to figure out, eventually.

Right now it was nice that she could pick up on it. He took up the strawberry, popping it back. Chewed, swallowed.

"The lake my home is on. It's crystal clear, nice to swim in. And the submerged temple looks really cool."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

A soft smile returned to Zaiya's delicate face as Aris Noble Aris Noble seemed to perk up. She took a fig and took a bite, enjoying its sweetness. Chewing quietly, she listened to his explanation that the lake was his favorite. That there was a submerged temple sounded awesome.

"Oh, that sounds so cool," she relayed, excitement in her voice and flaring in teal ripples edged in a golden glow with joy. "Have you swum to the temple to explore it? That would be so neat to do." A flicker of light green trickled over her patterns in mild envy before disappearing. "And I'm jealous that you can swim. I haven't had the chance to learn. Is it hard to?"

qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

"No, not yet. Mom and dad say it's dangerous. Something about a giant serpent that lived in it and that there might still be some dangers." Not that it'd stop him for long, if he was being honest. He was very interested in exploring the temple. Especially while it was still submerged. It sounded like it'd be a beautiful place to say the least. And that the water would only add to it.

Though, Aris ended up raising a brow as the color of envy again flashed over her.

"It is until you figure it out, and then it's easy. There's not a lot of practical skills the university taught you, is there?"

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Zaiya's iridescent blue eyes widened in awe. "A giant serpent lives there??! Whoa." The notion sounded equally thrilling and dangerous, stirring her adventurous spirit to want to explore it further.

"Do you know what type?" she inquired, reaching for a king berry and popping it into her mouth. The mention that she'd need to learn how to swim before exploring the lake made her scrunch her face in mild, silly displeasure. Amusement flickered over her skin in light blue hues, followed by wry cyan ombres.

"Well... I'm not technically a student there," Zaiya explained. "I'm just a ward. My parents were professors there. Since I don't have any other kin, Dr. Izar took me in so I could stay there with the student visa. Otherwise, I'd have to be deported back to Volik -- and well, as long as I'm following the advanced curriculum, she doesn't really focus on things like... teaching me how to swim. More like, what I can help her with since I'm interested in high technology and tinkering with things."

It had its pros and cons. She had more independence to do whatever she wanted, but then not much oversight over practical aspects. A lot of the time, Zaiya was left to fend for herself.

qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

"There was one. Mom and dad had to kill it because it was threatening to kill the Epicanthix if it was left unchecked. The danger is there might be other such creatures in the waves." It could get exceedingly dangerous if there was, if only because Aris wasn't a waterborn species The last thing he wanted to do was fight a serpent deep underwater and have to worry about breathing air.

Though, now he wasn't even thinking about underwater battles. All of a sudden Zaiya's calm life just seemed.. Too calm. No, not calm. Cold. No one to teach her how to actually live versus just the knowledge she was given and absorbed.

It honestly reminded him of the time he spent in the lab. After waking, gaining sentience in his stasis tube. All these facts he learned, but not much for actual emotional cues or facts of life that he needed to eventually learn so he could function day to day. She was good at it, at speaking with people. Understanding emotion. Or maybe that was just because of how much he didn't himself.

"We both have a lot to learn, don't we?"

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

"Oh, okay. So, we just have to figure out what else may be there."
Although the serpent was interesting to consider, Zaiya was glad that it didn't linger to potentially harm someone. "Glad no one was hurt then. I wonder who built the temple. Any ideas?"

Taking a few slices of apple, she offered some more to Aris, while taking a bite with her other. "Hmm?" she arched a brow, only to look a bit confused, an ombre of soft grey settling over the patterns of her face as she chewed then swallowed. Ah, did he mean over all?

"Oh, haha... well, that's the fun bit. Learning, exploring, and having new experiences. We can't know everything all at once," her nose scrunched. "That would be dreadfully boring."

She raised her palm to rest her chin on it. "What do you feel like you need to learn next? Clearly, swimming and speeder driving are high on my list now," she flashed him a silly wink in a silly quip at her own expense.

qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

"A very, very old culture from what I understood. They've been long forgotten and are very tied to the Force." That was as much as he'd been told, at least. He still had more questions, but either his parents had their reasons to keep the information to themselves, or they were still exploring it. He smiled though, as she did. At least she understood what he meant.

He snorted a laugh at her wink, though. She was much more casual about what she needed to learn than he expected.

"How to be a good friend is at the top of my list."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
A long-forgotten culture tied to the Force? Color me intrigued, Zaiya thought - and she was, curiosity sparking over her face and down her arms in a bright orange hue, "I wonder if there are any particular symbols or scripts that could identify them..." Aris Noble Aris Noble already had her plotting a potential adventure. Never mind that she didn't know how to swim yet. It sounded all sorts of exciting.

"I can probably look into it and try to find more on it in the University library," the Lovalla offered, taking another fig to take another bite. Just as Aris mentioned that he wanted to learn more about being a good friend, it dawned on her that she hadn't even offered him something to drink.

"Hrmph!" Her eyes widened, making a strangled noise mid-chewing, and her hues shifted into colorful, abashed surprise. She chewed quickly and apologized, "I'm sorry I didn't offer you something to drink. What would you like? I have some water, blumjuice, and I think some blue milk."

She straightened, moving to find two cups. While she rushed around to fix her mistake, Zaiya added, "I think you are doing just great being a good friend. You're doing it now," she flashed him a reassuring smile, her skin giving off a pearly luminance with highlights of pale blue.

"Unless you think you have to do something in particular?"
qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

"When I can swim down I'll go ahead and copy some of the runes. It might be good to explore other avenues of understanding what this group was." He wasn't sure of any university would have information on it now, with just how old it was. It was far older than even his mother's original time. But it also didn't hurt to take a look. Though she suddenly was- Oh. A drink.

He tilted his head. She certainly was making a bigger deal of that than he expected. "Blumjuice is fine. .. And honestly, I don't know. I've only had my family to be friends with, and some at the temple, but I've never been very good at knowing who I'm friends with."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
"Blumjuice? Okay," Zaiya quickly returned to the fridge and took out the bottle of blumjuice. She shut the door and then returned to the counter, setting the bottle down next to the two cups.

"Oh, what would be great! I can create an algorithm to cross-reference the university's database and see if anything comes up."
If it didn't, she could see if she could find another database to use.

A soft smile graced Zaiya's lips as she listened to Aris's words, her eyes reflecting a gentle warmth. She reached for the bottle of blumjuice, pouring them both a serving as she spoke. "My mom used to say that friends are like an extended family. They're the people you care about, trust, and share a special bond with -- just like family, but by choice."

With a glint of excitement in her iridescent blue eyes, Zaiya handed Aris Noble Aris Noble his cup, the gesture filled with a sense of camaraderie. "And the best part is, they're always there for you, so you never have to feel alone."

qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

Aris nodded and smiled wide. An algorithm, huh? He hadn't expected to hear those words from a kid his age, but she was in a university. And as she said, she mostly learned things to help her teacher. So.. This seemed like something she could certainly do. His smile widened further, though, at her definition of friends. Like family, that they chose.

"Well, then I certainly choose you. I'm very happy to have you as a friend, even just meeting you, Zaiya."

He nodded his confirmation at his words. He wanted nothing more than to be a good friend for her, and everyone else. This was a good first step to at least understanding what that meant.

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom