Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Big Trouble Little Oba Diah

Zax sat outside Cordel Bylo’s office in the back of a crappy bar. It was an operating house for the Pykes, Bylo moved a lot of weight for the syndicate, because of that, he was often the focus of low level disputes and on a rare occasion the target of some unknown bounty hunter, today, however, he was doing the shot calling.

The door to Bylo’s office hissed open, Zax pushed himself off the wall he’d been lounging on and nodded a greeting to Cordel, “Walk with me, kid,” barked the guy without missing a step in his stride.

Danner peeled off the wall after him, “You said you had something I’d like?
Bylo scoffed, “I love a gun that can get right to the point.
What can I say, I know time equals credits, boss,” replied Zax.
Good, here,” Bylo turned around and handed Zax a datapad. The thug looked down at it and frowned, “This is a picture of Deyas Krim, right? What am I supposed to do with this?
Bylo kissed his teeth in irritation, “Memorize it, then bring me the poodoo sucker’s head!
Zax’s frown soured into a scowl, “Why are you after a Pyke ringleader?
Bylo turned on him, “I don’t think you appreciate the chance you’re getting here, kid.
Zax stopped in place and felt one of his eyebrow’s cock indignantly, “I think you want me to off someone who’s gonna be incredibly well guarded, for the price of some stim sucker.

Bylo didn’t budge and neither did Zax, a gnarled yellow grin spread across the distributor’s face, “You’re smarter than your Daddy, ain’tcha?

Zax didn’t respond. He hated his father and any comparison between the two of them pissed him off to no end, but he knew his place in this little dance macabre, so he just grinned, “If you can’t learn from your parent’s who can you learn from.
Bylo barked a peel of laughter and said, “Tack on an extra five–
Seven,” cut in Zax.
Bylo scowled, then reluctantly nodded, “Seven, bring him to me alive and I’ll throw you a little bonus.

Zax nodded and held out his hand. The two shook. The deal was sealed and with it possibly his life. Danner stepped outside the bar and lit up a cigarra, he took a drag and leaned up against the wall while taking in the information Bylo provided on the target. He could feel in the pit of his stomach this was going to be a dicey gig, but his nerves made him smile, if he could pull this off, he’d be one step closer to getting the hell off this spice-covered rock.

Tamna Korvan Tamna Korvan

Last edited:

banner6.png

F O X
PATCH OF DIRT | OBA DIAH
TAG: Zax Danner Zax Danner

tamdiv.png

banner.png

APOCALYPSE

"Tam!"

Shaddix's holler had her scowling over her shoulder at him as she kept walking down the hallway of the Hellion barracks.
"Fuck sakes, Tamna!" he grumbled as he caught up with her. "Would you bloody listen?"
She gave him another scowl, but stopped. "You know I never listen to your gibberish, but what?"
He gave her a flat look. "I should actually have Jas Katis Jas Katis beat your insubordinate ass instead of telling you what he said."
Tamna snorted. "He can try." As soon as she said it, she regretted it. The rest of the squad didn't know who she was. What she was. To them, she was just good with a blaster and tech. Since the shitshow on Empress Teta, it was getting harder to hide her identity from her comrades.
Thankfully, Shaddix just heard arrogance. "Keep dreaming, Fox. Anyway, that Pureblood asked for you by name." He pulled a face at her quizzical look. "Nothing bad, jeez, calm down. Here, it's a more covert op - a high profile bounty. The Hexers want the guy gone, quiet and no trail. You're the best at this." He handed her the puck.
"Well Jas can also pull it off." she said, still frowning.
"You still have a concussion from that explosion on Teta, Tam? Jeez, just take it and do it."
"Fine, but you owe me a week's worth of drinks." she said, taking the puck from her CO and friend.
"Deal."

tamdiv.png

Pykes. Oba Diah. And a contract to off one of the ringleaders for her employer.

Oh if her parents could see her now. Her mom would give her pointers in navigating the slums and her dad would die ten times to see his princess in a place like this. The wonders of having a pedigree of both worlds. How the hell did they end up married again? Either way, they both would keel over if they knew their daughter was a professional hunter.

Experience had her sauntering toward a bar to get some info on her target's whereabouts. Naturally, she wasn't armed to the teeth just yet. She was just another piece of lowlife heading to the bar.

She was just about to head inside when she caught sight of one who just stood out enough to not be ordinary with his slicked-back hair, dragging on a cigara. Just maybe...
"Hey, can I nick a cig from you?" she asked him.

Start nonchalant and work the way up to getting info.

Zax knew where he needed to go, he knew the lay of the land here like it was the back of his hand. He’d come up on these streets, and was very aware that that was where his advantage ended, and if he were completely honest with himself, it wasn’t that much of an advantage to start with. He took a drag off his cigarra, still trying to figure out his next move when a shadow fell across his face, his eye slipped to the woman approaching. He looked away.

Zax didn’t recognize her, and he prided himself on being aware of all the problematic pieces of trash on Oba Diah, so when she asked for a cigarra, he let his eyes slip back to her, then flashed her a quick smile, “Can’t nick something freely given,” he quipped, holding out his pack with a cigarra ready for her to pluck. It was the closest to giving a girl flowers he ever came.

Without her asking he pulled out his lighter, ignited it, and held it out for her.

So, when did you blow into town?” he asked, probing as much as actually asking. By nature Zax didn’t trust anyone, but he wasn’t about to miss the opportunity to chat up a pretty girl.

Tamna Korvan Tamna Korvan

Last edited:

banner6.png

F O X
PATCH OF DIRT | OBA DIAH

tamdiv.png

banner.png

APOCALYPSE

Can’t nick something freely given,

Tamna smirked. Step one complete. She pulled an offered cig and pressed it between her lips as she leaned forward for him to light it. She took a moment to take a drag to win some time to get her thoughts in a row and had to really fight against pulling a face. She's had some crappy cigaras while in the Hellions when money was low, but this one was pretty close to the worst one so far.

Either that or her dad's cultured outlook had a real bad influence on her.

So, when did you blow into town?
That shut her inner babbling up. This was either a loaded question or a legit one. She was inclined to go with loaded, cute as this guy was.
"Yesterday." she said. "And blow sounds about right - one of my engines blew on my ship. I had to stop here." She took another drag of the cigara and breathed out a sigh. "Know anywhere solid where I can stay 'til it's fixed?" she then asked him.

Be the damsel in distress and she might actually get some info to work with. Even if it's just establishing a FOB before getting on the hunt. She needed to do it quickly - Corpos weren't exactly patient when it came to jobs like this. She'd try clean first before resorting to more forceful means.

Tamna leaned against the wall, propping a leg back to rest against it.

"You seem to know your way around here - any tips for a newcomer of who not to get on the wrong side of?"

Oh, so you’re new, new, huh?” he stated.

When she mentioned her engine trouble he chuckled, “The Kessel run is a fickle beast,” he seemed to think for a moment before adding, “I might know of a few places, but that favor will cost you,” he said, through a plume of smoke.

Pretty or not, he had his own problems to deal with, and taking time to walk a pretty face around Oba Diah City wasn't something he was dying to take on at the moment, not that he couldn’t be persuaded, credits always did a great job of

You’re right, he retorted, See, you keep asking me what I can do for you, but you’re not telling me anything you can do for me. That’s rule one here in ODC, I’ll let you have that one for free,” he said with a smirk.

Before taking another drag on his cigarra, he let his gaze flick to her, it was common enough for someone to ask for help, he wasn’t thrown by that, but the question about who and who not to upset, set off a red flag in his head. Oba Diah was property of the Pykes, had been for generations, any smuggler or spicer worth their salt knew that, and Oba Diah City was their palace. The list of people you had to look out for was so substantial it’d be easier for him to list the beings that weren’t dangerous, but that was information that came with a price tag.

Tag: Tamna Korvan Tamna Korvan

Last edited:

banner6.png

F O X
PATCH OF DIRT | OBA DIAH

tamdiv.png

banner.png

APOCALYPSE

Cute guy was pushing his luck.

She was willing to continue the innocent act until the moment she could take the Pyke's head, but this guy and his hustle for credits rendered that nigh impossible now.

It was time to let him know he was barking up the wrong tree.

One moment she was still innocently smirking at him while he was trying to squeeze some credits out of her non-existent plight and the next she flicked away the cigara and moved with a Force-induced speed that far transcended normal. Her blaster was summoned into her one hand while the other grabbed his wrist and twisted it into an arm curl. She pushed him against the wall, blaster in his neck.

"Sorry to say but that's not going to happen." she said, all innocence gone from her voice. "Now that you know I'm not some lost idiot...you will take me to Deyas Krim's compound. Try anything stupid and you won't survive to regret it." Not that she'll really kill him - her dad raised her better than that. But he didn't have to know that.

She gave his twisted arm a final twitch.
"I'm going to let you go now. Be a good lad and sniff out that Pyke." she said. Slowly, she released him, keeping the blaster on him while she stepped back. It was a shame really that the low-lives on planets like this had to rely on every hustle they could get to gain a few credits. Maybe she should have stuck to playing nice. But that would not get the job done. If she didn't get it done, Hex Inc. would send InterSec operatives after her.

"So, which way are we going?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom