Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Careful What You Wish For (Kiara)

Otium Mentis

O
OOC: Good, we're in agreement @Kiara. Nice day to you as well. Oh, and the man he is talking to is a hallucination, not a force ghost. The spirit is in his head, like the people in the Dark Temple from SWTOR. It doesn't affect anyone but him.

Otium was awoken from his meditation by a voice in his head.

Open your eyes, seeker, the voice said. The voice was new, one Otium had never heard before. He was puzzled. He had not heard a new voice in quite a long time. When his eyes drifted open, he was faced by a tall man wearing strange battle armor underneath a brown robe. A lightsaber like Peace's hung at his belt. He was older, maybe in his late twenties, though the lines of battle etched his face, making him seem twice that age. He stood proudly, hands clasped behind his back, but his shoulders slumped slightly, betraying his tiredness.

"Who are you, tall one?" Otium said, in awe of this newfound friend.

My name is lost to time, the man said, For centuries I have been trapped here, unable to leave, waiting for a way to escape. The minds of all who came here were unable to accommodate me. You are the only one who has proved a worthy vessel. Please, take me with you.

A normal person would have refused. The man was, after all, basically asking to possess him. But, Otium was far from normal. And, his force of will was too strong to be completely taken over. The tall man would do nothing but join the multitude of voices already filling his mind.

"Of course!" Otium said, patting the dirt next to the fire, "Please, come into my home!"

No, the man said, There is nothing more for you here. You must go. We must go. There are many places to find the knowledge you seek, and this is not one of them. For some reason, Otium felt himself agreeing. Rage, Peace, and even Fear said the same. They hated this place, and now so did Otium. He stood, stomped out the fire, and boarded his ship.

"You're going to need a name," he said as the small shuttle blasted off, "I'm going to call you...Harmony." The name popped into his head easily, though the only response was his own mad laughter as he launched into hyperspace.

OOC: And that I believe is a fitting ending. Thanks for what help you gave me, and good luck in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom