Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Casus Belli? Did you order fries with that? (Fringe Dominion of Tar Mordren to 150)

In Umbris Potestas Est
"Indeed. I think he needs a little bit more on the top of his spear." With a chuckle, she disappeared, scuttering upstairs in order to adequately position herself between the bars. With a careful motion, making sure to be as accurate as possible, she threw a Dagger of Midnight Black, perforating the rebel through the back of his neck. Th man slowly grabbed at his throat, his larynx pierced as to make him unable to vocalize in his final words. Looking down at Rave, she smile, an indication of her success.

"Pass me a cutting torch, will you? I need to cut these bars..."

@[member="Rave Merrill"]

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
Secret Rebel Starfighter Manufacturing Operation

Leveling her shotgun with the non-lethal rounds, she kicked open the door. The flash grenade did the trick. Most the rebel pilots, mechanics, and soldiers were lying stunned and on the ground. But not all.

Two kill bolts zipped past strands of her burnt, chestnut-hair. Crouching behind an assembly line, she balanced the barrel of the shotgun on the platform and squinted, index-finger pressing down on the trigger. A round of non-lethal bullets sailed through the air to hit the chest of her attacker. Invisible tendrils of the force shoved a warning down her gut and she spun around, managing to whack her shotgun against the hand of another attacker as she was tackled onto the moving assembly line from a burly rebel wookie.

A wookie?! Why did it always have to be a wookie?

Man, she could really use a dragon right about now. @[member="Faenrovon The Radiant"]

@[member="Circe Savan"]

One hand shielding her eyes from the rising sun, Rave offered a slow blink as she stared up at the suspended Sith Master. Sometimes, the most trenchant observations and poignant commentary could be distilled down to a minimalist expression of eternal truths.

"Lightsaber?"

In Umbris Potestas Est
It had been a very long time since Circe's twin Qixoni crystal bases had seen any use. But still they were there, clipped to her belt. "Sorry... Trying to get used to not relying on a lightsaber for things." The blades came to her hands as she carefully cut through the gates, making a hole large enough for her and Rave to get through. "Need a hand?"

She probably didn't, but it was worth the request.

@[member="Rave Merrill"]

It wasn't a dragon that answered that internal wish, but @[member="Kitt Solo"] would find herself freed at the whim of Dissero. One hand wrapped firmly around the thick nape of the wookie's neck, the man hoisted the great hairy beast into the air and swiftly impaled it upon the blade of a gleaming sword. The Truesword bit into the wookie with a ferocious hunger, slicing clean through its abdomen and out the small of its back. The resulting gurgle was a more monstrous, more dark than it might've been had it come at the point of any other weapon.

Strangely enough, there came no blood. Dissero waited for the life to leave the eyes of his foe before pulling the blade free and letting the body fall to the floor. It shrank as the moving conveyor carried them off.

The man turned his gaze upon Kitt, brows lofting as he leaned to offer the woman a hand, "That was terribly rude of him...or her. I can never tell these things."

In his right hand the blade gleamed red, the blood upon it seemed to seep into the finely etched symbols.

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
It seemed his Empress was one in the mood for his high jinks, some part of him was surprised that she did not put a Lightning Bolt through his ass for his insolence. Not that he would have preferred that, instead of the cold humorless piercing gaze that she was favoring him now with. Honestly it was expected, he had failed his mission. Though it had been more Vazela's responsibility than his, Ashin knew his worth. But she had not known the worth of the Sith Lord, as such it had been obvious she was testing him for his competence. Seemingly that did not work out as well as she had expected it would go. Still there was another job to do and they were wasting time here sitting and staring at each other, trying to intimidate each other.

"My Empress, what is your wish?" he said while standing up and kneeling in front of her. He wondered where his words of insolence had come from, probably because of the near-death experience and the humiliating experience of sitting on ones lap for an entire trip. Without another word, he shared his regret with Ashin through the Force. Words were not necessary, his feelings would have to do.

@[member="Ashin Varanin"]​

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex

@[member="Lord Dissero"]

If she was at all disturbed by the blood-sucking sword, it didn't show. Never look a gifthorse in the mouth...or something like that Hannibal used to say. Fingers slid into his and she found herself once again on her feet, gripping a non-blood drinking shotgun.

"Thanks Blue Eyes. Or rather, my neck thanks you," massive red welts were already beginning to show from the wookie's crushing grip around her windpipe. Releasing his hand and reloading her shotgun, her posture remained vigilant, surveying the area for any more rogue rebels or rebel-wookies. Looking beyond the shoulder of blue eyes, she angled the shotgun barrel up and fired. The non-lethal round roared through the air and bit into the off-switch of the converyor belt, stopping the pair's eventual descent into the furnace.

Unfortunately, the momentum of the line didn't stop gradually, it lurched to a grinding and screeching halt and she found herself pitched straight into her fellow fringer. Well, she hoped he was a finger.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Penumbra"]

That one-eighty spin gave him away just so, disturbing the dust clouds a touch, and Ember spotted it as he hung one-handed and invisible from the rock face.

What descended toward Zaiden now was not debris or attack, but a fine mist that settled through the dust cloud over a broad area. If droplets of it touched him, they would sting briefly and leave a tiny reddish stain.

If Zaiden happened to inhale any, they would taste like blood.

Matreya

First debris fell, and Zaiden had to counter against such. Next came something far different though, a slow mist began to descend from the skies above. Thinking for a long moment he watched it moved, then took a deep breath and jumped straight upward again. Hooking his telekinesis under his own arms, he used the force to slingshot him further. Using this form he was able to jump the same distance as Ember, in 3 of his own jumps.

Once near where he believed the elder man to be, he once more went heavily on guard. The man was crafty, self sufficient, and capable of thinking on par with the Hand of the Fringe - a clear sign of a strategist of great repute. Once more touching Rose he tickled under her chin, and felt her grow ever more rigid until she was a humongous longsword. Ataru opening stance, Force Cloak, and his greatest concentration all aided the man. For he was growing out of ideas to confuse, and repetitive moves when a Stealther could be deadly.

@[member="Ember Rekali"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Penumbra"]

Immediately in front of Zaiden, Ember reappeared, staring at him.

"It's over," he said, wrapping a simple bandage around his wrist calmly. "When you jumped up here, you jumped through the cloud. Droplets of it are still on your clothes, your amphistaff. That's my blood you're wearing, altered with the Nightsister blood trail ritual. I can sense my blood anywhere it goes."

Deliberately, he turned his back. "Hide your presence, cloak yourself from sight, and I can still find you now. Anywhere."

He leaped up again, to one of the Rebel fortress's lower windows.

Matreya

The realization of what he had done to himself struck home, jaw dropping with it. Ashin had done the same thing so she could follow him when they attempted the planet wide maze...either he was to get naked and drop his favored weapon to return to the land of invisibility...or he could test his abilities without his greatest asset...dropping his cloak he made his decision.

Launching up - again requiring twice the jumps as Ember - Zaiden made his way into the window behind the man. "Stealth may be my forte but that does not change my potentcy. I promised I would either slay, or turn you to our cause. If I do neither it is only because Ill be to weak." He said, Rose still rigid in his hand. Opening himself to the force, Zaiden began to suck up power as quickly as he could.

@[member="Ember Rekali"]

"Care-ful," blue eyes responded to the woman, his bulk giving not-at-all as she tumbled into him like one might into a brick wall. He caught and steadied her with strong arms, "Tsk," a disapproving glance was thrown down at the belt beneath them, "bad conveyor belt."

Blue eyes? The man gave an underhanded chuckle. Now there was a new one. He didn't offer a name to correct her.

"You're handy with a shot gun," a bit more than she was with her footing. Dissero stepped down from the conveyor, offering to help her down if need be, and gave a cursory glance around the expansive warehouse. There was movement at the far end and sounds of soldiers, of droids. Before long the air once again sizzled with blaster bolts.

"What's your objective? I can help cover your assets," blue eyes batted a brow and a smirk at her, ducking as a blasterbolt shrieked off a nearby metal lift. His own objective was fairly simple: eradicate the rebel infestation and clear the warehouse. He was supposed to see it left in one piece, but that wasn't top priority.

@[member="Kitt Solo"]

Kitt Solo

Alen Na'Varro's Ex
@[member="Lord Dissero"]

Wooooo-e, the man's body was as hard and unmoving as a Corellian stick-ball pitch. "Oh, sweetheart, this ain't nothing compared to what I can do with a wrench and a hydrospanner," voice rolled off her tongue like melted-caramel as her feet hit the ground next to blue eyes. Chestnut brow lofted at his comment. Taking a knee, she crouched behind a crate labeled 'Widgets.'

"My objective is to not get shot and strangled by rebel-wookies and to watch myself around wooing, blue-eyed men carrying mysterious swords." Sparing a wink at him, she lined-up a shot and fired at one of the rebel-snipers across the warehouse on a second-level catwalk. "Gotta clear this joint so I can get my hands on some of these starfighters, blue eyes. You wanna go high or low 'cause either way, if you've got my assets, I'll gladly cover your six."

A broad, jovial grin crossed the man's face, baring perfectly straight and pointed whites. Accused of wooing? His brows and free hand rose in a motion that clearly indicated innocence. If this was what she considered wooing he had to ponder the choice of males she kept as company. Clearly they weren't up to snuff.

"Low," blue eyes replied over a coarse chuckle, "you've got the projectiles, I've got this and this," he held up the Truesword in his right hand and flashed the palm of his left. "The hangar's through the gateway at the far side. That hall will need some clearing - save your party-favors for that." He hadn't arrived with explosives, they weren't quite his style, but in a pinch he could certainly improvise. If she went high and picked the potsies off from above, he could herd them into tight quarters and do the rest.

Dissero glanced to a maintenance ladder nearby he assumed she might use, one that lead to the upper-level catwalks spanning from station to station. Thick brows propped at her, the man snubbed his nose with his left pointer finger, "Wotcher, Widgets."

Two could play at the nick-name game.

He ducked beneath the legs of the conveyor, coming out the other side with a long, loud whistle through his teeth. He'd provide the distraction she needed to get to the upper level safely.

@[member="Kitt Solo"]

Vilox Pazela found himself into a transport headed for the plant surface, it's target the fortress that Varanin wanted to be taken before the dominion was finished. His arms were crossed over his chest and his eyes were closed, whilst meditating on the force. "This body has become too weak, too slow, for me to continue existing in it any longer. I must uncover the research that Dramask began on Sojourn all those years ago, so I may ascertain what he learned and begin to unravel the mystery behind the midi chlorian."

The transport began to drop into the area. He opened his eyes, thoughts still with him. "I know that by unlocking the secret of the midi chlorians, I will be able to reclaim the youth and vitality that I had decades ago. The techniques behind these were first cast by the ancient Sith before this era and the era of the Banites. It was Plagueis who uncovered the secrets, which are rumored to be held inside a book. A book put together by his apprentice, Palpatine..."

The transport landed and the soldiers inside began to fill out, so as to take the building ahead. The Dark Jedi exile turned his gaze to it, shifting his thoughts back to the present. Lightsaber in hand, he began his siege...

Vilox Pazela found himself into a transport headed for the plant surface, it's target the fortress that Varanin wanted to be taken before the dominion was finished. His arms were crossed over his chest and his eyes were closed, whilst meditating on the force. "This body has become too weak, too slow, for me to continue existing in it any longer. I must uncover the research that Dramask began on Sojourn all those years ago, so I may ascertain what he learned and begin to unravel the mystery behind the midi chlorian."

The transport began to drop into the area. He opened his eyes, thoughts still with him. "I know that by unlocking the secret of the midi chlorians, I will be able to reclaim the youth and vitality that I had decades ago. The techniques behind these were first cast by the ancient Sith before this era and the era of the Banites. It was Plagueis who uncovered the secrets, which are rumored to be held inside a book. A book put together by his apprentice, Palpatine..."

The transport landed and the soldiers inside began to fill out, so as to take the building ahead. The Dark Jedi exile turned his gaze to it, shifting his thoughts back to the present. Lightsaber in hand, he began his siege...

Neskar A'toll

Hail to the King, baby
The Mandalorian, armoured and jet-pack equipped, soared almost effortlessly across the scorched sky. Clutching the K-56 battle-rifle close to his chest, Neskar descended from the sky, landing neatly on two feet. The mercenary glared at the fortress ahead of him, and the overall combat scene moving to surround him. Great, fighting. Dropping the aim, he moved the slug-thrower in the direction of the nearest rebel trooper, and squeezed the trigger in a gentle motion. A short fire erupted from the barrel of the rifle, a large flurry of metal slugs skimmed across the air, slamming into the fleshy body of the rebel. A fine red cloud rose into the air, the slugs reducing the poor rebel to a crimson pulp. The wreck of the man flew at least three metres, slamming into some nearby cover, more red mist seeping from the wounds of the now dead man. The other rebels only seemed to be now aware of Neskar, and the rear of their company disengaged from the Fringe's own company, and turned on him. They were ten on one, impossible odds for any mere mortal. Neskar was no mere mortal. He was, after all, a Mandalorian. In an instant, a dozen red flashes went by his head, and Neskar dived next to the red, fleshy pulp, the shots missing his body as he dived. Pulling himself up onto his knee, Neskar placed the barrel of the slug-thrower on the stone cover, aimed at three rebels on the flanks of the company. Deftly squeezing the trigger, a flurry of slugs went their way, striking their thighs and sides. They fell like stones, noiselessly. Seven still stood. Reeling from the loss of their three comrades, the seven fired shot after shot at the stone barrier where Neskar crouched behind. Chips and chunks flew from the barrier, bouncing off of the beskar'gam adorned by Neskar. A few chunks slammed into his buy'ce, the classic Mandalorian helmet with the "T"-shaped visor. He cursed, knowing he could not stay there for long. Tapping a button on his right hand gauntlet, the jet-pack reactivated. The rockets boosted him into the air, a good ten metres. The troopers, caught unaware by the sudden move, tried to shoot him down. It made no difference, for every bolt missed him by a great distance.

Neskar dropped the aim of the slug-thrower and squeezed the trigger again. It shook violently in his hands, due to his instability in the air. The flurry of slugs fell on the group of seven. When he next looked, four were on the floor, clutching wounds and rolling around violently. Three were left. Two saw their seven other comrades, dead and dying and the men broke. They ran, straight to the fortress. The rest of their company, engaged in a firefight with the Fringe company were all but decimated. The two were locked down under suppressing fire from the Fringe company, crumpling under the excessive fire. Meanwhile, Neskar hovered eight metres above the last one, his slug-thrower poised, aimed at the last's head. "Run, you crazy bastard. Tell your friends. I promise I won't shoot you, but I can't vouch for our friends here." he said calmly, gesturing to the Fringe company, moving into positions to cut down the last man. And the man broke. He turned and run, and the company let him run, all the way to the fort. Neskar lowered himself to a metre above the surface, cutting out the jet-pack and landing softly on the ground. This'll be good and easy. And profitable, if the pay's decent enough.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

The Force Master offered Rave a hand up through the window, and after a moment, Rave accepted, her small hard palm folding around Circe's wrist. She squeezed by the Master and into the room where the dead Rebel lay on his face. "Thanks," she said to the woman she'd helped create, a woman who still carried her blood trail on her scalp unknowingly. "We have maybe five minutes until the army gets into range of the big flamethrowers two levels up. If you cloak us, how quickly am I allowed to move before someone has a chance of detecting me?"

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Penumbra"]

Ember turned to face his enemy on a catwalk overlooking a Rebel hangar bay, where ragtag militiapersons were loading supplies and people into small transports for a desperate escape run. How they planned to do that without covering fire from heavy weapons, he had no idea.

His lightsabre ignited, pale yellow, and he took up a Djem So posture on the catwalk.

"End this, boy."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Evacuation transports began to rise from the fortress, and Ashin steepled her fingers. There was a reason, other than fire support, that she had parked the Chimaera in geostationary orbit over the Rebel facility.

"Deploy."

From her command ship's hangar bay, thousand upon thousands of cheap tracking beacons began to fall. They clamped onto any ship they hit, and that was several. Time being of the essence, they would escape anyway, jump anyway -- presumably at random vectors. Then they'd search their ships and drop the beaons and rendezvous.

Except not all ships had navicomputers. Some models relied on precalculated coordinates.

"We have one from the list, Ma'am. Stern-class conveyor, needs an astromech. It seems relatively close to stock. Make that two -- BKE-class light freighter, also requires an astromech. Both have taken beacons, and we've identified the beacon signals."

"Let them go. Let them all go. They'll think we can't track them all."

"Ma'am?"

"Let the ships go, Captain."

The Rebel Alliance evac transports began to jump to hyperspace, even as others began to rise from the fortress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom