Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public [Centerra] - Springtide Event Contest

"...Prize...in the bottle...wait. There's a prize?!" Iko yelled out once again at the top of his voice, his eyes going wide for a moment, almost sparkling with pure joy and excitement before rushing straight back into the sand castle making, with renewed vigor and effort. Everything had to be perfect if they were going to be getting a prize! Prizes were cool after all!

Braze Braze

Centerra
Tags: Braze Braze , Iko Vel Iko Vel

qyeuyxa.png

Delta-7

"...Prize...in the bottle...wait. There's a prize?!"

"Good lord," Jalen muttered as he made his way up to where Braze was.

He thought that Braze was loud, but this other kid was on a whole different octive. It probably didn't help that his hearing was really good, since it was one of the senses that made up for his lack of vision. Jalen shuffled his way over, rubbing at his ear with a sigh as he presented Braze with a bag. A rather simple sandwich was within.

"Here," the padawan offered. "Before you forget to eat and starve."

Braze would probably wind up doing that.

His attention shifted to what they were making, a frown coming over his face as he felt it in the force. A sand castle, no doubt, but aside from the vague shape of it Jalen really didn't know what it was supposed to be more than a pile of sand. Skill issue on his part honestly.

"Nice... castle..." Jalen complemented. "At least I assume it is. Don't tell me and accept the complement."

Yeah, that was supportive.

"Thanks... It's a Sand City!" Braze chirped. "At least I think... What ARE we building, Iko? Is a sand city even viable for a sandcastle contest?"
He moved to pluck the bag from Jalen.

"Thank you, Jalen!" Braze chirped, then tilted his head. "I won't starve... You know I can hunt and fish, right?" he trailed with a frown. "Oh, this is my new friend Iko... He likes making knives." He decisively looked at Iko. "Iko, do you want half?" he asked softly before standing up, dusting himself off, and searching for something on his person.

"Here." He pulled something out of his jacket and moved to place it into Jalen's hand... it was hard and almost shaped like an... egg?
An egg with holes? No, it was a bit longer than an egg... it was like... wood maybe? Yeah, maybe it was wood.

"I thought you might like that," Braze chirped.

"Of course a sand city is viable for a sand castle contest! It is meant out of sand! I mean, here! Bacon! Look at our castle! Look at it with your own eyes and look at how spectacular Raze and I's crafting skills are!"

Iko kept his voice loud and proud as he stepped up from the sand, turning his attention over towards Jalen...and blinking when he noticed the fellow young lad's eyes. A crimson blush coming over his face in embarrassment as he glanced over towards Braze! That traitor! Why didn't he tell Iko that Jalen was blind? Sure, he never gave the other lad a chance to...but still!

Oh well. It was time to apologise now as Iko cleared his throat, and spoke loud still, but also very slowly. "I. Am. Sorry. For. My. Comment. I. Did. Not. Know. You. Could. Not. See." The young Kiffar made sure to put proper emphasis on his words, alongside overexaggerating his mouth movements so that Jalen could...read his lips. Yes. Read his lips. Iko saw nothing wrong with that thought. There was totally nothing wrong with it.

Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el Braze Braze

Centerra
Tags: Braze Braze , Iko Vel Iko Vel

qyeuyxa.png

Delta-7

"I. Am. Sorry. For. My. Comment. I. Did. Not. Know. You. Could. Not. See."

"Pft," Jalen snickered. "Don't worry about it. Happens all the time."

It didn't help that in some regards, Jalen wasn't really blind at all. The force guided his movements, and he followed the auras of people to keep up with them. He just couldn't make out the finer details, like colors or things around a castle. That wasn't really the end of the world though. He got by just fine without his eyes.

And then Braze handed him an egg?

No, it wasn't an egg. It was an ocarina. A soft smile came to the young man's face as he assessed the instrument he had been handed, running his thumb along it to feel the quality of it's craftsmanship.

"Good shape... seems well carved..." the padawan muttered to himself.

He moved the instrument up to his mouth and began to play it off the cuff, just to get a feel for it. He was a natural, playing it like he had owned the ocarina all his life.

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Iko Vel Iko Vel Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

Braze chuckled at Iko, shaking his head as he decided to settle down. He looked up at Jalan, playing along with the moment. "Oh, wow, you play so well," Braze remarked with a light-hearted tone. "Did 'someone' send you to feed me?" he inquired, a hint of suspicion in his voice as he began to enjoy the gift he'd been given.​

It happens all the time...Iko shrugged his shoulders, ignoring Jalen playing the ocarina. Music was never a thing that Iko was particularly a fan of. It wasn't that he disliked it. No. It was more...everything just felt like noise to him. Instead the young Kiffar worked on his sand buildings somemore, letting Braze talk to his friend whilst keeping an ear out to...listen. Yes. Listen. He totally wasn't eavesdropping on his new friend. No. Not at all.

Braze Braze Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el

Objective 2 Currently, Objective 1, Eventually...

CURRENT QUEST - There's no place like Home...
Immediate Goals -
1: Reconnect with Matthew of Valendale Matthew of Valendale
1.1: Assuage the guilt of what you've done...
2: Walk the beat beach (Active)
3: Strut your stuff on the catwalk

FRIEND(s) - Matthew of Valendale Matthew of Valendale

FOE(s) - N/A

TARGETING ACTION(S) - Braze Braze Iko Vel Iko Vel Jalen Kai'el Jalen Kai'el

She didn't take off the beskar'gam, for a variety of reasons - chiefest among them was that though she is of House Solus, and an adherent of the Resol'nare, she was a member of Centerra's finest: the Sunstar Order. That, and in spite of all these years the air still caused her to be dizzy, the thickness and richness caused even one of a Lasat's constitution to sway! Of course, this didn'ts top Beviin, the juvenile Vanquo Dragon that was her truest companion, to lazily fly high and above, the meter-long drakeling delighting in zooming around and pressing on just how much she-the-drakeling could strike terror into the silicate constructs of the beach - or any errant foodstuffs.

Telepathically, she would chastise Beviin, and keep her on a "leash" so to speak - but the Lasat would prefer to be within her own thoughts. It hadn't been too long since she left her second home to take up the call of a "knight-errant", utilizing her mother's Cynthia Solus Cynthia Solus ' network of contacts to keep her busy and with plenty of dataries to keep her flying. She had daydreamt of Centerra all the way back then, and spent the years between her verd'goten and a little while ago on the mystical planet - and for a while, she thought she had found her home.

Of course, this still was, she - despite the efforts of being aligned to the Lilaste Order, and by extension, the Empire of the Lost, she kept true to the tenets of the Sunstar. ...Hadn't she?

The Galaxy was a complicated place, one where ideals don't neatly fit in with reality, nor vice versa - and this was the truest reason why she was here. Not merely to reconnect with the lands she once knew, and maybe even win a trip to a spa on her vacation, but to gain a sense of certainty. Already she had sensed her old mentor, the paragon Matthew of Valendale Matthew of Valendale , so close and so tantalizingly out of reach. Was it the Force that kept them apart, her own fear of what to even say - it was almost enough for her to miss the fact that Beviin had selected a rather impressive looking "sand-city" as the target of her desolation.

Before the meter-long bringer of fire and misfortune could ravage the childish dreams made reality, the drakeling would find herself suspended, thrashing powerlessly in an unseen grip. "<<Beviin, if you can't behave, you'll be brought to the ship.>>" the Lasat growled up at her flying companion, her hand reaching out and the Force clearly emanating from the cross Mandalorian. "<<And you will help Tyme clean.>>" With a despondent yowl, conceding defeat, the drakeling was brought back to her perch on the Lasat's shoulders. Turning to the smattering of young lads around the almost destroyed city, she gave an apologetic bow and began in Basic. "Sorry about Beviin, she can be... irritable when she's cramped on a spaceship for too long." She would turn her attention between the impressively built sand-city and the trio of gentlemen. "Which one of you lads made this? Looks pretty good!"

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated

y43pnZR.jpg

Tag(s): Matthew of Valendale Matthew of Valendale

Equipment

Centerra was one haran of a beautiful world. He didn't as of yet know what business he was here to discuss, but maybe he needed to come to some sort of agreement that would allow the company to use the world for shore leave and vacation. His host's voice and invitation to try the shrimp tore Shuk's attention away from the world's natural beauty and the festivities for a moment to the dish being offered to him.

Shrimp, he found, referred to a number of different salt, fresh and occasionally brackish swamp water dwelling shellfish on a number of worlds. At the same time, he didn't think he'd seen it served like this with the exception of some overly fancy obnoxiously formal gathering masquerading as a meeting that he often found himself having to attend during the company's time with the CIS.

He reached over and used a provided cutlery to spear one of the shellfish, taking care not to lose the candied nut that had been meticulously placed on top. A smile flickered across his features, the sauce hitting many of the right notes for his very Mandalorian palate, "That's good. Very good. But you didn't call me all the way here for shrimp, did you?"

Matthew chuckled heartily and shook his head gently in response. "Not quite," he said, his tone warm and inviting. "I invited you here so you could experience firsthand the bounty my home has to offer. I want you to enjoy it, soak it in. But I also have a specific purpose in mind for our meeting."

He paused, raising his hand and intertwining his fingers for emphasis. "You see, our world has a somewhat different approach to technology compared to the rest of the galaxy. I'm interested in commissioning you for some ideas that could bridge that gap. I want something that can intertwine the old and the new, preserving our traditional values and ceremonial purposes while embracing technological advancements."

Matthew leaned back slightly, his gaze thoughtful yet eager. "Of course, the business of whether we can achieve that balance can wait. Unless, of course, 'talking shop' is what excites you. In that case, I'm more than happy to discuss our ideas over a nice meal while we enjoy the festivities." He gestured towards the event unfolding before them, a smile playing at the corners of his lips.

Matthew selected one of the covered tables adorned with a pristine white tablecloth, a perfect reflection of the overarching theme of purity and brightness that infused the atmosphere. Amidst the decorations blending snowy white tones with vibrant hues, the table stood as a picture of elegance.

At its center sat an iridescent crystaline pitcher filled with fruit-infused ice water. As light filtered through the pitcher, it created a mesmerizing dance of colors, casting delicate rainbows across the expanse of the white tablecloth. The juxtaposition of the pure white backdrop against the vivid, prismatic display encapsulate beauty and extravagance that characterized the Springtide celebration.

Shuklaar Kyrdol

CEO of Breshig War Forge Consolidated

y43pnZR.jpg

Tag(s): Matthew of Valendale Matthew of Valendale

Equipment

Though he wasn't sure of what to expect when he'd first landed on the world, and though he'd been apprehensive aboard, Matthew's postiion on the matter mirrored his own. Over the years he'd done his level best to ensure that he could bring Mandalorian tradition into the modern era, and he believed that he had done just that. To help someone else do the same was an opportunity that did not present itself often, and to refuse would be pretty shabla di'kutla.

"We pride ourselves in never letting the lessons of tradition become forgotten in the pursuit of progress," said Shuklaar after thinking over what Mattthew had said. "I do what I love, and I love what do," said Shuklaar in response to the matter of their meal time conversation topic, the right corner of his lips tugging into an uneven smile.

He joined Matthew at the table, taking a moment as he made his way over to take a quick glance at the decorations. Most other cultures in contrast to Mandalorians had immaculately decorated tables at occasions like this. It was far from the first immaculately decorated table he'd seen, but to the credit of those behind it, it was certainly in the top few he'd seen. Not that he was a fair judge of such things, his sensibilities in this matter were distinctly Mandalorian.

Matthew leaned forward, his eyes reflecting a spark of enthusiasm as he discussed his ambitious project with Shuklaar. "Centerra has a proud tradition of dragon riders, an emblem of our heritage and strength. However, we're looking to bring something new to the table—integrating advanced technology with our flight-bound warriors. Armor, weaponry, and other utility tools specifically designed for aerial combat and dragon riding."

He paused, allowing the gravity of his proposal to settle in. "After lunch, I'd like to show you one of our dragons, named Crystal. She's my personal mount and battle partner. It'll give you a real sense of what dragon flight entails. I hear your people are magnificent riders. "

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom