Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Chance Encounters [Cordelia of House Marr]

Mygeeto
Cordelia of House Marr Cordelia of House Marr

Mygeeto, a realm veiled in an icy embrace, stands as a testament to resilience amidst the chilling winds of adversity. Here, the Lurmen, a hardy species, have weathered generations of turmoil amidst the tumultuous clashes of political titans like the Old Republic and the Galactic Empire, a stark departure from the familiar constructs of governance and oppression in contemporary society.

Despite the frigid expanse and unforgiving terrain that dominate its surface, Mygeeto is far from desolate. Its sprawling urban centres rise defiantly from the frozen wastes, bustling with life and activity. These metropolitan landscapes, home to thousands, serve as beacons of civilization amidst the icy wilderness, their skyline punctuated by towering spires of durasteel and transparisteel.

Within these bustling cities, a cacophony of commerce and industry thrives, weaving a tapestry of activity that pulses with the heartbeat of Mygeeto. Markets bustle with traders peddling wares from across the galaxy, while factories churn ceaselessly, their towering smokestacks casting long shadows over the icy plains.

Despite its harsh environment, Mygeeto remains a bastion of resilience and determination, a testament to the indomitable spirit of its inhabitants in the face of adversity.

Step forth, Balun Vale, a figure of youth and independence, once a pupil of the Jedi Order, now embarked on a journey to carve his own destiny. Arriving via public transit, he stood amidst the bustling streets, clad in attire befitting a civilian, save for the unmistakable presence of his lightsaber, a symbol of his past, carried openly without regard for concealment. With no allegiance to the Jedi or any other faction, Balun bore his weapon as a testament to his newfound autonomy.

As darkness descended upon the cityscape, casting its cloak over the sprawling metropolis, Balun's quest for refuge began. His footsteps echoed against the pavement amidst the labyrinthine streets of Mygeeto, he sought a haven, a sanctuary to anchor him amidst the uncertainties of his early days in this unfamiliar environment.

The Cousin of Malum had found herself on Mygeeto for the reason many went to the planet.. Kyber. While Jedi would find or rather feel the call of a crystal, Sith bles them with their agressive feelings. Many misubderstood bleeding as defilement, the blood color seen as killing the Kyber, when in truth it was a ritual that dates back to The Ancient Sith Lords. Long had it been forgotten what blood color meant.. something Cordelia had come to discover for herself.

In the bustling streets she walkes in her black garb, unmistakable to those who glanced that she was praticipner of the dark. Her eyes blood red, glancing to and fro as she walked with her trenchcoat. She came bear a young and handsome young man, and felt at once vergence. Stopping in her black boots. Her naked fingers tapped her shoto at her waist, she could feel the Force swirl around him.

She took her hand off the hilt, it would not do to strike someone down. She had come her ro find the secret of Bleeding, not bleed someone in the streets. But perhaps thus person knew where the caves of crystals dwelt. So she turning ans licking her lips, approached @Bulan Vale and said with her usual cheeky tone,
Hey Handsome, do you know where the Kyber caves are? I have come a long way and I am afraid I need a guide.

She peppered her words with some batting eyes of her black mascar lids and those deep blood stained lips that matched her eyes puckered. Her hair was long, but at the forehead clipped short and it swayed behind her as she titled her head and smiled, applying sole charm to this Force Sensitive who was in rather drab clothing, which would ordinarily mark him as a Jedi, but something seemed off, not creepy or dangerous. Perhaps there was a reason for this encounter, she did believe in destiny. Though as a Marr she had to be careful, especially since kidnapping was common and she did not want him to be carried off by some jealous person. Yes she had an ego, it could not be helped, but despite her allegiance to House Marr of the Sith Order, she was not one to seek violence without it being necessary. She hates brutish Sith Acolytes who brandish their sabers like cudgels to prove their manhood. No she liked a gentler man.

Last edited:
"Hey Handsome, do you know where the Kyber caves are? I have come a long way and I am afraid I need a guide."

At the unexpected sound of an unfamiliar female voice, Balun Vale pivoted sharply on his heels, his senses jolting to attention. Such encounters were rare on Mygeeto, and the notion that someone might recognize him from his time at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant seemed improbable. Surprise and curiosity flickered across his features as he scanned the figure before him, momentarily questioning if her words were directed at him. Yet, as their eyes met, there could be no doubt—she sought his attention. Moreover, she possessed a youthful allure that did not escape Balun's notice.

Confidence was not a trait readily associated with Balun, especially in matters involving the opposite sex. Despite growing up amidst a diverse array of fellow students within the Jedi Temple, he had always felt ill at ease in such interactions, often stumbling over his words and feeling utterly out of his depth. Later, he would chastise himself for his perceived ineptitude.

"Uh... hey," he greeted her with a barely audible murmur, his gaze lingering briefly on her figure before settling on the pair of shoto hilts hanging at her waist. Suddenly, her inquiry regarding the kyber crystals on Mygeeto took on a new significance. Suspicion tinged his thoughts as he pondered her motives for approaching him. His own lightsaber, prominently displayed on his belt, likely hadn't escaped her notice.

"Wouldn't your Master know the way?" he ventured, his words tinged with caution. Unsure of her intentions or whether she was alone, he hoped the simple question might provide insight into the situation unfolding before him. Were there others lurking nearby, drawn by his presence? "I've heard about them, but that's not where I'm headed...".

TAG: Balun Vale Balun Vale

Boy what Cousin Malum said about Jedi or well in this case Jedi like people was true, they were dense.

I do not have a Master. I have no chains..

She leaned in closer, taking a wiff to see if he smelled so humble or if it was an act. The musk was nice, and so she got a little closer.

You probably can tell I am no Jedi..

She winked and made a smirk. She was playing all the cards. A handsome man her age was rate in The Sith Order. Most of them were oldbees, no one younger than twenty.

She stepped back after getting within inches of his face, and held her hands behind her open back outfit. She was rather cold, some puff of vapor from her mouth rising.

Well maybe we could explore together? I am Cordelia of House Marr. A Sith.”

She wanted to see what effect this information might have. Had he heard of the Marrs? Certainly he knew of The Sith. He had a lightsaber, which meant he likely was or had been apart of an Order, unless he had killed someone for it, but he did not seem the type, which means he probably was from one of the orders, not a Dark Side one, that was for sure.

She ran her fingers through her black hair, looking at him with those blood red eyes. She waited to see if he got any of the hints, and her request to accompany him. Disclosing she was Sith may have been rash, but honesty might win her some good will which she’d abuse of course…

The absence of chains spoke volumes about her heritage, a subtle hint that piqued curiosity. Yet, it was the candid declaration from Cordelia of House Marr Cordelia of House Marr that truly caught him off guard, revealing her allegiance to the Sith. It was a revelation that defied his expectations, challenging the narratives ingrained by Jedi teachings, a doubt that occasionally crept into his mind, questioning their impartiality.

Observing her, he found no trace of deceit in her demeanour. Balun's inherent scepticism honed over time allowed him to discern subtle cues, but Cordelia didn't emit the usual signs of evasion.

Beyond her youthful facade, her boldness in invading his personal space stood out, almost as if relishing the chance to provoke a reaction. In this dance of strangers, both young and similarly situated, a game of cat and mouse unfolded, navigating the delicate balance of their first encounter.

"I'm not a Jedi either," he responded, his tone more clarifying than defensive, a subtle attempt to gauge any potential threat she might pose. "I'm Balun, no titles or whatever. Just me," he added, offering just enough information to maintain courtesy without revealing too much, a careful balance between openness and caution.

Balun remained receptive to the idea of keeping Cordelia's company, yet he harboured a curiosity about her motives for being on Mygeeto beyond her vague reference to the Kyber Crystals rumoured to lie beneath the planet's surface. These precious gems weren't merely scattered about for anyone to stumble upon nowadays; they were carefully monitored, their acquisition tightly regulated.

"You're after a Kyber Crystal?" he echoed, intrigued by the prospect. His mind already envisions the potential for crafting his own unique lightsaber. "Have your Sith friends not told you where to find some?" he probed further, a newfound interest in acquiring some for himself. If not for his personal use, then perhaps as valuable commodities for trade, securing a place to rest for the night or other necessities.

"Well, I suppose it's not like I have anything better to do..." he mused, contemplating their next move. "Someone's bound to know something about them around here" he proposed casually, careful to mask any hint of eagerness for her companionship, presenting it instead as a helpful gesture devoid of personal gain or ulterior motives.

He claimed not to be a Jedi, but she saw the hallmarks of restraint. He was very good playing the part, that he was not interested in her. The dark side was seductive and she was a little seductress.

“Not a Jedi, not a Sith. And yet you have one of those..” She pointed with her smooth and manicured finger at his lightsaber. She then persed her lips and said, “your not a flunky are you? You know one who couldn’t cut it?” She was toying with him now. She relished the subtle ticks she saw in his face, the Jedi training that denied the flesh to be a good “guardian of peace.” And yet he was not in the pauper robes, which did confirm his claim he had no title, Jedi feel special looking like poor beggars so they can act sanctimonious, it’s how they feed their ego.

“Sith friends, more like family. I have a great big Sith family. Cousin Malum will probably kill you for just being seen with me. I’m sorry, there is no way around it, he is protective of the female members of our family.” She winked and batted her eyes to make it unclear if this was all said in jest or was indeed truth.

“Nothing better to do? Talk about making a girl feel special.” She stuck out her tongue and laughed. She was going for broke to illicit something in this living stone boy. “Come on.. admit that despite your reservations you are glad we encountered one another.” Now she was delving the dagger deep, if he was truly a lightsider he wouldn’t lie, if he was one of those god aweful gray fools who think they can straddle light and dark he’d be somewhat forthright, maybe half the time truthful and half the time false. That would give her fifty percent odds of a honest response.

Then he posed the idea that someone here might know where crystals were. He was either dense or trying really hard to avoid the undeniable chemistry between them. That was alright, she’d break him eventually…

Last edited:
Balun, despite his rigorous training in the ways of the Force, felt a surge of annoyance ripple through him like a turbulent current. He was still tethered to his humanity, a youth grappling with emotions as tempestuous as any adolescent's. His brow furrowed, betraying the storm within, as he retorted defensively, "I walked away from them, they didn't kick me out."

Cordelia's probing had struck a chord, deftly navigating the labyrinth of Balun's psyche to elicit a response. In that moment of vulnerability, the truth resounded within him like a bell tolling in the silence. No matter Cordelia's allure or her lofty status, she remained ignorant of his inner turmoil, of the ceaseless battle he waged against a sense of abandonment that had shadowed him since infancy. Yet, she had deftly tapped into his insecurities, playing him like a master musician coaxing melodies from strings.

As the echoes of his words faded into the stillness, Balun realized the depth of Cordelia's manipulation. She had orchestrated this confrontation with a precision that bordered on artistry, drawing out his truths with surgical precision. Though he stood before her, a pillar of Jedi discipline, he could not deny the churning sea of emotions roiling beneath the surface. Cordelia had glimpsed the fractured soul beneath his stoic facade and, in doing so, had left him exposed, vulnerable, and utterly ensnared.

"I've earned this," he declared, his voice carrying a weight of determination as he reached for the lightsaber hilt at his side. With a fluid motion, he unclasped it from the magnetic seal, presenting it to Cordelia with the blade emitter directed towards her. "And if I wanted someone barking orders at me, I could have stayed, and made it in the Order." His words hung in the air, charged with a familiarity that Cordelia might recognize, a sentiment of freedom unchained.

Returning the lightsaber to its holster with a decisive click, he secured it to his right side, the magnetic grip holding it firmly in place. "And your cousin is welcome to try me," he added, his gaze defiant as he met Cordelia's eyes.

Confidence radiated from Cordelia, an aura of entitlement that seemed to place her above all others she encountered. But Balun refused to yield to her airs of superiority, even as he acknowledged a certain satisfaction in standing up for himself. Here, there were no Masters to arbitrate, no one to meddle in his affairs; only his own resolve to rely upon. For now, at least.

"You don't hold back, do you?" he remarked, observing her unwavering confidence in their brief encounter. "Less than five minutes, and you think you know what I'm feeling" he continued, his stance shifting as he subtly shifted his weight to his back foot. With arms crossed defiantly over his chest, he regarded her with a mixture of challenge and amusement. In that initial exchange, emotion had coloured his response, but he hadn't been so easily swayed by her composed demeanour as to miss her subtle probing for a crack in his armour. A glimpse of vulnerability.

"For all I know, you act like this with everyone. Why would I be so different?".

Cordelia smiled as his stoic armor faltered and he began to divulge a great deal. So he left The Jedi, that was promising, it meant he had some intelligence. For all their paltitudes and good intentions, The Jedi Order stifled growth and knowledge. They clung to a black and white philsophy, clsiing naythjng outside orthdooxy evil and darkness, which meant they never could achieve the greater strengths of The Force

He was in full tirade now, which elated her, to see such passion as he accused her of barking while it was him raising his voice like a Tu’kata in heat.

He went on claiming she knew what he was feeling, which to be fair was not her intent, she was flirting and he seemed dense.

When he finished his judgements of what she was trting to achieve she replied,

Actually, most of people I consort with are much older than I.. you ard the first guy I have met in a while who is in my age range..”

Then she decided to unravel some of his other assessments,

I admit I wanted to see you drop your shield, not for the reasons you suppose. I was hoping to connect, you have such a reserved dispostion that its hard to even fathom you’d want any company. That must be the Jedi conditioning I have heard about, what they do to youths.. robbing them of passion in their prime.. its criminal.”

She held out her hand as if to stop what she suspected would be rebuttal, many Jedi spout propaganda involuntarily from their brainwashing, and so she added,

I am not trying to convert you. I am content you are not a Jedi. You deserve time to decide your own destiny. The reason I was drawn to you though.. was I thought you seemed like a person who could help me. I was mistaken.. please forgive if I disturbed you, I got carried away.. you are handsome and I misread signals..

She stepped back from him, her red eyes lowering in s downcast expression as her black hair flowed in the cold wind. Her mouth was solemn as she said,

May The Force Be With You..”

She then turned to seek out a vendor who might have some furs she coudo sugment her outfit with. She admitted she hoped he would reconsider, and stop her from walking away. But it seemed both of them where not reading one another well.

Balun Vale stood rooted to the spot, his gaze lingering on Cordelia of House Marr Cordelia of House Marr as she began to drift away. A sudden rush of guilt engulfed him, sweeping through his core like a tidal surge. It dawned on him with startling clarity that Cordelia hadn't approached him with any hostile intent, contrary to his initial apprehensions. In fact, she seemed genuinely interested in his company, a revelation that struck him with the force of a revelation.

"Great, I'm the a$$hole now" he muttered under his breath, a bitter taste of self-reproach tainting his words. With a swift resolve, he closed the distance between them, hastening his steps to match her pace.

"Hey, wait up..." he called out, his voice infused with an urgency that mirrored his inward turmoil. Drawing level with her in a few brisk strides, he reached out, his hand hovering over her shoulder in a silent plea for her to halt her departure.

"I'm sorry," he began, his words spilling forth in a rush of contrition. "I don't have friends outside of the Jedi Order, and now that I've run away, they're not exactly friends that I can just call on out here. I guess I'm a little on edge, you know?", he didn't mention that he was an idiot when it came to the opposite sex, too.

He hoped his words conveyed the sincerity of his remorse, willing Cordelia to understand that his behaviour stemmed from a place of isolation rather than malice.

"And just so you know," he continued, his tone softening with a hint of defiance, "the Jedi aren't droids. We experience the same feelings as anyone else. The difference is just how we manage them, how we let fear or hate keep us from doing what we gotta do to protect others".

The explanation spilled from his lips almost involuntarily, a reflexive defence of his former allegiance. Though he had chosen to walk away from the Jedi, a lingering loyalty tugged at his conscience, compelling him to defend their principles, if not their practices.

"I can still help you, if you want it, that is?".

Last edited:

Cordelia had not got far when she heard him ask her to wait up, her face grew less forlorn as she turned around to face him. He apologized which was a nice start, and then gave some explanation for his behavior.

I am use to edgy, my whole family. Especially Malum. And The Sith.. well they make edgy seem soft like Loth Cat fur.
She gave a smile, “Apology accepted.”

When he went into explaining that Jedi feel emotion and manage it differently, she decided to do something a little extraordinary, she did not recite Sith Dogma, but said, “I like Odan-Urr variantion of The Jedi Code:There is Passion, There is Peace. Its a beautiful dream that the likes of both could be in harmony, that the conflict between Jedi and Sith could end if we balanced the two, passion and peace.” What she was saying was heresy, even Je’daii in concept, those ancient forerunners who tried to balance Ashla (light side) and Bogan (dark side). Which in eyes of Jedi and Sith was folly, one had to choose a side.

She began to beam with bigger smile as he offered to help.
I would love to have your company and any aid you can offer.
She brushed a strand a black hair away.
If I can help you in anyway, do not hesitate.”
She batted her eyes, she resply fond him handsome, something that would make Cousin Malum probably reel. Bad enough he was formerly a Jedi, but as far as she knew by the words of disdain for her priviledge made her pretty sure he was not from nobility. It did not matter to her, but it mattered to House Marr, well in principle anyways. I mean Cousin Malum was known to run the spectrum of lovers.

Last edited:
"I prefer that one myself..." Balun Vale remarked, his gaze lingering curiously on Cordelia of House Marr Cordelia of House Marr . The unexpected depth of her interest in the Jedi Code piqued his curiosity. "I see the Sith do take a vested interest in their enemies; at least they do their research," he observed, a note of approval creeping into his tone. "I can't say I've met a Sith before, myself" he admitted as they walked together, the conversation weaving between them like a thread of intrigue.

"I'm not quite sure what you'll get out of my company, to be honest. I don't know anything about Mygeeto, I only came here to see what it was like". he admitted with a hint of uncertainty, his eyes scanning the unfamiliar surroundings of Mygeeto. "I've been jumping from place to place using whatever public transport I can find. Trying to figure out how the Galaxy works, I s'pose" he explained, his shoulders lifting in a hesitant shrug. He couldn't shake the feeling that he might not meet her expectations.

"As for the Crystal Caves, they're likely out there in the wilderness, far from the city'. Unless there's a mining operation nearby, we'll have to head beyond the walls," he suggested a note of caution in his voice. "And be bloody cold out there," he warned, stealing a glance at Cordelia, wondering if she was prepared for the harshness of the unforgiving tundra. His own Jedi robes offered little protection against the biting cold awaiting them beyond the city's confines.

Cordelia smirked when he spoke of Sith studying their enemies. When he mentioned not ever meeting One she said, “well cross that off your list, I am Sith.” She gave a soft giggle. “In fact, that is a reason I am here, to build my lightsaber.” Not many places were left in the galaxy to harvest kyber to bleed. She wondered how this Once Jedi might feel about her torturing the crystal in the process; that and pouring in the negative emotions of anger and hate into the kyber.

He was rather self deprecating, what had the Jedi done to his self worth? Trying to restore some of it she said, “Your company is enough. To get to know you is what I get out of it.” Her words were sincere, she enjoyed their banter, and to be with someone her own age for once. And what a handsome young man he was. She had to admit that she kept involuntarily swiping her fingers through strands of her raven black hair. When she heard he was a Wayfarer, going from place ro place she ket out a, “awwwwww,” and continued, “that must be hard to have no home. Did you have one prior to joining The Jedi?”

Then The Former Jedi mentioned tyat the caves containing Kyber were beyond the walls, in the wintry wasteland with its biting cold. She looked at furs as he said this and exchanged some credits for a coat as he mentioned the cold. Pulling the hair over her head she said, “There! That us better! A great deal warmer! How do I look?” She looked like a skinny Wookiee, but she wanted to see if he would attempt to charm her by doing what most men do around girls making poor fashion choices, they lie.

Then turning to Balun, she asked, “Would you escort me in that Tundra? I am willing to pay, my family is very wealthy. I might even be able to convince my kin to back off dominating some worlds, though that is highly unlikely. Maybe I can promise a delay.
She was being s little cheeky, and savored very minute of it.

Cordelia was hoping he would acquiesce to her request. That this Jedi Trained Hunk would be her knight in shivering armor who would help her find the caves and complete her mission and along the way have some adventure.

As they strolled along, the bustling market came into view, its stalls adorned with a colorful array of goods. Merchants vied for attention, their voices melding into a cacophony of commerce, beckoning both visitors to Mygeeto and its enduring inhabitants. Cordelia of House Marr Cordelia of House Marr revealed her quest to fashion her own lightsaber, a task that intrigued Balun, who still clung to the standard hilt bestowed upon him upon his induction into the New Jedi Order. Fifteen years had weathered its grip, leaving him pondering an upgrade, especially now, as his ties to the Jedi had evolved.

"I was given to the Jedi at birth, so I don't know" he replied simply, his tone tinged with detachment, swiftly steering the conversation onward. "I'm fine on my own, though. There's so much to see in the Galaxy, and I guess my home will be where I choose to make it". Focusing on the horizon proved a welcome diversion from dwelling on the past.

Cordelia's attention then shifted to a nearby display of furs, slipping one on that transformed her into a whimsical, albeit cozy, fur-clad figure. Seeking his opinion, Balun opted for diplomacy, concealing his disdain for matters of fashion. "No, yeah! It looks great on you," he declared with a grin, genuine amusement flickering in his eyes as he suppressed thoughts of her possibly being mistaken for local wildlife by unsuspecting hunters—a sentiment best left unspoken.

"I would have said yes to going with you before you mentioned your family, but I will hold you to that," he affirmed, echoing Cordelia's notion of confronting the oppression wielded by her lineage. "We honestly don't know what's out there; I'm not letting you go it alone." Balun added, showing conviction in his will to protect her against whatever might come their way, and despite only having met her a short time ago.

The realization that he did not know where he came from, that the Jedi baby napped him was one of those reasons she despised The Order. Then again Darth Strosius Darth Strosius was known to do the same.
You like being a nomad huh? I must admit that I enjoy traveling myself, though having a home helps center me.”

When she tried on the furs and he gave emphatic “you look great.” She could read his over exuberant face was like most young men who know never tell a girl she looks bad. She had to admit she enjoyed seeing him endeavor to appear spproving of her fur ball outfit. She giggled heartily and pulled the coat firmly about her as if proud of her new look.

His affirmation he’d hold her to her promise to help curb Marr marring of worlds made her her smile. She knew it was a fool’s errand to try and tell Malum to do anything, but it eould be fun to bug him and tell him she promised a former Jedi. She hid her glee though, “Well dank, you would have escorted me without such a hefty promise..” Then when he spoke of not letting her go alome, she saw in his face a resoluteness that made him very attractive to her. She read in his face the hint of something she had not seen in her circles, a chivalry and courtly manner that made her want to lean in and kiss his cheek. In fact, she foybd gerself unvolunatrily leaning towards him with her lips poised at his cheek. She was as if in a trance, her blood eyes trembling as she pressed her red lips against the skin, and drawing back her own cheeks up to below her eyes turned red as she became embarssed. Would he be furious at her invasion of his personal space? Or woukd he understand it as sign of her appreciation of his knightly manner? The suspense made her heart flutter, and she hoper he’d interpret her behavior as she intended it.

Despite Balun's extensive Jedi training, his journey through the rigorous initiate trials, and the myriad adventures he had embarked upon, nothing had primed him for the unexpected actions of Cordelia of House Marr Cordelia of House Marr .

Time seemed to halt as the young woman leaned in, catching Balun off guard. In an instant, her lips pressed against his cheek, leaving him reeling. Balun, who had never experienced the touch of a girl, let alone any form of intimate affection, found himself in the presence of a captivating Sith, her proximity causing his breath to hitch and his heart to race.

His response was a stuttered mumble, words barely coherent as Cordelia awaited some semblance of reaction from him. Balun felt as bewildered as a Bantha caught in the wake of a YT1300's engines. He grappled with a whirlwind of emotions, a mixture of enjoyment at the unexpected kiss, gratitude for being treated as more than just a Padawan, and a profound sense of unfamiliarity with this newfound closeness.

As he struggled to collect his thoughts, Balun reminded himself to breathe. "What was that for?" he managed to ask, his voice barely above a whisper as he met Cordelia's gaze. Unsure whether to smile or delve deeper into the enigma of her actions, he couldn't help but let a small grin slip. This was uncharted territory, yet he couldn't deny the allure of it.

Cordelia admitted that the gesture had been simple in her head and yet the feelings now stirring were far more complex and ranging. She felt her breath become erratic and her heart beat as if some miniature drum had been surgically put inside her. Then she looked into his eyes, and it was clear that an effect was upon him as well. She tried to regain her fortitude from before, and that command of charm that had been like coils she used to control with, but it was useless. Something unexpected had happened. She felt it begin when he apologized, something no one in her family did, nor the Sith who viewed admissions of guilt as weakness. And now he was peering at her, the connection was forming that she little understood. She had always flirted, that was her hallmark, her method, but this was altogether different. She felt a spark when her lips graced his cheek. And now she was the one off center, her head a fog as she tried to regain control. Then she didn’t, she surrendered and it was in this moment she almost fainted.

It was meant as a thanks..” She began and then raised her head, her nose having pointed doward and now her eyes trembling as she decided to confess, “but.. something else stirs.. do you feel it? Am I alone in this sweeping tempest of emotion?” She almost teteered as she took a step, she was dizzy. She bent over a moment to stretch, and then csme back up to meet his gaze. “I am at a lose for words.. all I know is that something is awake and it feels..” She hesitated, finding the proper word was key. She did not want to make him think this was some form of Sith manipulation. She tried to find just the right word, when she said, “I feel unstable, as if the reservoir of my former strength, my wall was gone. It feels good.. this vulnerability.. this.. warmth.”
She had not been familiar with using the word affection, for The Sith focused on strength and the closest word to love was passion. But she knew to use that word would be mistake with his former Jedi training, so warmth was the closest she could come. Perhaps he could better articulate the sensation? She hoped he would express similar or better words. All she knew was this feeling had never been, and now that she had it, she wanted it to last.

"That was one hell of a thank you," Balun chuckled, his voice laced with amusement and a hint of satisfaction, his lips curling into a smirk that danced with mirth. "Most people just say it to me," he quipped lightly before his demeanour softened, a flicker of vulnerability crossing his features as he pondered how to navigate the moment without resorting to humour.

"This is sort of a first-time thing for me," Balun confessed, locking eyes with her, searching for any signs of judgment or mockery. He found himself sharing a vulnerable moment with Cordelia of House Marr Cordelia of House Marr , a rarity in his tumultuous existence where moments of joy often came hand-in-hand with disappointment. While he trusted Cordelia not to exploit his vulnerability, a part of him wondered if his faith was simply the naive hope of youth, desperately clinging to the belief that this connection between them would remain untainted.

"It's strange, isn't it? We've only just met, yet I've never had someone look at me the way you do," Balun reflected, his initial scepticism giving way to a newfound desire to trust. "I thought maybe you were playing a trick on me at first, but now... I want to believe otherwise. That felt...Intense" His smile, though genuine, seemed restrained as if tethered by invisible strings holding him back from fully embracing the moment. Soon, however, he would reveal the weight that burdened his heart.

"Every important person in my life has left me. My parents abandoned me to the Jedi, and my so-called friends abused my trust in my early years at the Temple," Balun confessed, his voice tinged with a raw honesty he rarely allowed himself to express. I learned early on not to let myself be so open with others."

"And then you came along, did this, and suddenly I find myself opening up to you in a way I haven't with anyone else in years," he admitted, his words soft and earnest, devoid of the cautiousness that had characterized their earlier interactions. "There's only one other person I've trusted like this, a friend named Nouqai, but even then, it wasn't like this," he confessed, laying bare his soul before her, a gesture of trust he hadn't dared to extend in far too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom