Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion Chapter Two: House of Cards | Long Live The Empire DE vs GA Coruscant

coruscantaltobj2-1-1.png

Allies: Cordelia Dimitte Cordelia Dimitte + New Jedi Order
Unknown: Valin Zenth Valin Zenth & Tirin Raene Tirin Raene
Opposition: Cesare Demici Cesare Demici & The Dark Empire

VX4ps62.png

Everything was happening so fast.

Blaster fire erupted throughout the Temple, along with the ignition of lightsabers, fighting and yelling as either side engaged one another. Cordelia Dimitte Cordelia Dimitte had suddenly departed from their post without warning, leaving Balun torn about how to proceed. He wanted to go with her, to ensure she remained safe; Cordelia had recently returned to the light, and so her ability to protect herself with the Force was crippled, weakened until she learned to find strength in the light's embrace...-And yet, Balun also owed everything that he knew to the New Jedi Order. He had come to help defend them.

Before long, it seemed that both Valin Zenth Valin Zenth had spotted Cordelia as she moved, and from the looks they both worse, Balun assumed they had taken Cordelia for an enemy combatant; "No, you idiot! She's with the Jedi!" he shouted out after them, yet the shouting of battle between himself and the direction the three were moving could not make sure they had heard him.

Blaster fire ricocheted off the pillar that Balun stood beside. He flinched and turned, ducking low as his right hand triggered his lightsaber's ignition. The sudden emission of burning orange light engulfed the floor around his feet with a snap-hiss that echoed against the sounds of combat, Balun no longer able to ignore the fight that had been drawn to him. He pressed forward, moving to keep himself an uneasy target whilst swinging his blade as his instincts drove his strikes, parrying and deflecting blaster bolts that came too close for comfort.

Before he could understand what was happening, Balun came face to face with one of the Imperial Troopers of the Dark Empire. The helmed soldier immediately drew his blaster rifle in Balun's direction. However, the boy brought the blade of his Lightsaber in a high vertical arc, cutting the rifle in two. Then, with his left hand still free, he reached out with all his strength in the Force and sent the trooper sprawling with a telekinetic push.

Balun Vale had never taken a life, never been forced to. Yet this fight quickly made it apparent that he might have to do so, to keep himself and other Jedi safe.

Last edited:
coruscantaltobj2-1-1.png

Information
Reasonable list of personal items based on occupation, training, purchase, and previous acquisition. This includes one piloting droid and a scouting/personal assistant droid.

Location: New Jedi Temple, outskirts on top of a nearby rooftop, Coruscant
Objective: Figure out what the fuck is going on

[ Well, fuck. ] The wry, if twisted curse with a metallic reverberation came through the polarized helm's speakers, the visor's polished reflection revealing the flames and smoke rising off the Jedi Temple.

[ Talk about shit rolling downhill. ] This was not the plan. Nope, nope, nope. Not the plan at all. The last thing he needed was to get involved in another blasted war. He had enough scars left over from the last run; someone could see, others only he could find. It had taken a long, long, while to make peace with matters finally. The entirety of his focus had been fine-tuned to find his sister. It was going on a near decade, and while he'd finally kicked the bucket to go back home and regroup with his family, it didn't mean that the search was put on standstill.

Nope, still there. Only this time, it took him to Coruscant. Of all the blasted ill-timed situations to find himself in.

[ If you were looking to get offworld, that timeframe is closing fast. ] the seductive voice murmured in his earpiece with distinct curtness.

[ No shit. ] Drifter replied, the man viewing the ongoing madness with another series of mental curses. I should go. I should leave. Not your Kowakian-Monkeys. Not your zoo.

[ You need to leave now. I can send you coordinates where I can pick you up. ]

Time to leave. Just turn around, hop off this roof, and get the void out of dodge -- He felt it then. The push of the familiar. The twisted weighted feeling of the Dark. That annoying shit-stirring miasma that whispered at the edge of the ear and poked at demons laying dormant. A corruption field.

Fuck.

The right heel of one dusty boot began to click a soft beat— a tick. The mind was ticking. Cogs turning. There was something out there. Something was keeping him in place.

[ Like, really, you are running out of time. Sensors are off the charts regarding how much air traffic there is going on now --]

With a burst of aggravated annoyance, the Hunter kicked at the rooftop floor and gave another blasted, twisted curse, [ Fuck!]

There was silence on the other side of the comm; She knew better than to comment when he was like this. Drifter dug into the talisman on his waist and jerked it loose. He tightened his hand around it with a grip that could have broken the sphere.

From under the polarized helm, the Hunter shut his eyes and spread his senses out into the void. The Keetal Tracker had decades of learning how to Force Track and hunt down his prey. It was as normal to him as breathing. It didn't take him long. Not when the tang of that corrupted cloud roused with familiarity.

Snapping his eyes open, his gaze narrowed into thin hooded slits behind that polished polarized visor.

There was a sigh at the end of the line, and then the feminine voice spoke, [ Let me know where you need me to pick you up once you are done. I'll be on standby.]

One gloved hand went to his back, unsheathing the sword secured there. Figures it would come to this.

Without a word and a determined - but annoyed - twitch along a swarthy jaw, the Hunter found a secured overhang that would hide his presence visually. He plopped himself down, sitting cross-legged. This was going to take time. Focus.

He tugged off the gloves, baring a tanned, calloused hand with blunt fingers. He'd need skin contact for this. Placing his hand on the sword, the Hunter gave a slight flinch, feeling the surge of the Darkside curl and lick at his senses, rejoicing at the contact. He picked up his thumb and ran it along the edge, and the scent of metallic copper filled the air as blood trickled along the ha. It drank deep. Blood majick and alchemy combined.

Now came the e'chuta of an amount of concentration he'd need to see this through. He blamed his conscious for such an act. That nagging at the back of his brain that told him he couldn't step away.

In the chaos that surrounded the Jedi Temple, the aggravated curse was heard by none.

[ FUCK!!]

Allies
Hostiles
Unknown

Soon???

TAG: Mentioned Balun Vale Balun Vale

Cordelia watched the two Mandos brawl as she leaned on a metallic felled column. She was at last catching her breath, and she wished,
If only Balun had taught me that nifty Jedi healing thing.. I only know..”
she stopped herself,
No.. I will not tap into that.. I am a.. well not a Jedi.. I am.. dank! I am a Daughter of Light!

This speech to herself was met with clapping as a figure stepped from the shadow,
“Bravo! Bravo! Cordellio!”

How.. how could he be here?!
Seidon Demitte stepped towarrs her and smirked.
“New haircut.. make up.. and a Jedi weapon.. well arn’t we trying for a new identity!”

Cordelia shook her head,
You must be in my head.. you did something when I was flatelined.

Seidon drew close and held put his hand,
“In the flesh.. daughter..”

She touched the palm with its familiar lines and her eyes began to tremble.

Why are you here?”

The Pater took a seat next to her on the fallen column. The sound of Beskar scrapping in the background.
“An Invasion is good for Demitte business.. this planet’s inhabitants will need some Spice to cope with the wanton destruction.”

She turned her head in disgust,
Preying on the destitute and downtrodden.. I am glad you disowned me..”

He chuckled,
“You really have taken this Light Side stuff to heart haven’t you? Well that is.. rather unexpected.”

She turned to look at him and said,
You have to destroy me.. don’t you.. I’m the enemy now..”

Seidon wiped a wet strand of her black hair from her cheek,
“You know me.. the Sith Code and the hatred of all Jedi is simpleminded.. some of my best clients are Jedi.. they need help unwinding..”

Cordelia looked at him, tears starting to make run her pink eye liner.
You killed me.. you sent me to Chaos! Why?!

Seidon placed his hand on her shoulder.
“To save you..”

She turned, “Wh-aat?!”

The Father rose up and looked at her in the eyes.
“It is too late for me my daughter.. I am stained for eternity.. you had one chance.. and you choose wisely.. Balun.. that boy can lead you from the shadows into a better life.. why did you think I exiled you? I knew there was only one chance for you to see the way..”

She could not believe what she was hearing. Her Father was claiming to have been an invisible hand pointing her to this end, and yet he was full of darkness.. was this a lie? Another layer of his deception. He kissed her forehead as he rose up in his regal robes, his long silver and gray beard with black swirls pointing upward before settling on the golden chains around his neck on on a fine tunic.
“By the way.. the tracker is beneath your pilot chair.. I wish you well Cordellia.. May The Force Be In Your Favor..Always.. and may you break your chains truly…”

As he turned to walk away she whimpered and said,
Father..”

He turned with his amber eyes and said,
“I know.. I know..”

He then disappeared, she heard him redirect some troops away from there. As Cord looked up The Mando was holding the helm of his enemy in victory, his blond hair and face with scars visible. This was the most strange day, a Mando as her guardian, her Father’s revelation, and she being of some help in the invasion. Truly The Force works in mysterious ways…

Last edited:

"Master Moonstrider," the eldest of the former Knights spoke up, with a recognizable disdain in his voice for having to call me that. I may not have been a master, but by virtue of my position as Vinaze's true apprentice in the Banite tradition, I was his master.

"There are Jedi approaching, do you sense them?"

I closed my eyes in attempt to search through the flowing of the Force for the presence of Jedi. The Force was strong and fraught with tension in this city, as it so often was when the Jedi and the Sith clashed on the scale of their Orders.

"Do you?" He pushed, I snapped my eyes open at him, glaring.

"Do you?! Do you mock me?! I refuse to suffer your insolence! You have known fear of my master, haven't you, Inquisitor Dietrek?" I snapped back at him, to which he nodded. The mere invocation of a reference to whatever it was that Vinaze had put many of them through, to break their wills and draw them to the Dark Side, was enough to keep him down.

"How could this happen? The Jedi were supposed to be corralled into their damned temple!"

Not one of the Odojinyakaar answered me. Damn them, I thought.

TAGS: Valin Zenth Valin Zenth

Before Valin Zenth could pursue the young quarry, a new challenge emerged. Aziraphale, with dark red hair flowing like bloodied silk and a vile smirk on his visage, blocked his path. Blackened feathered wings flexed outward, casting a shadow that swallowed the light. His lightsaber whip ignited, and an electrical whip crackled menacingly in his other hand.

"And just where do you think you're going, Jedi?" he sneered.

Valin's lightsaber sparked to life. The clash was immediate and brutal, sparks flying as whips and blades met in a flurry of strikes. Aziraphale's dual whips moved with deadly precision, forcing Valin to rely on his agility and quick reflexes. Each strike tested Valin's defenses, the electric whip seeking to incapacitate while the lightsaber whip aimed to disarm.

Valin countered with calculated strikes, aiming to break through Aziraphale's relentless assault. The battle was a whirlwind of energy and motion, with neither combatant willing to yield.

coruscantaltobj2-1-1.png

Wearing: Traditional Jedi Garments.
Equipment: Standard Lightsaber + Walking Cane.
Opposition: Open.

aGc6Py3.png

Jido Myyse had been spending a pleasant day in the Jedi Archives researching what data could be found on The Farseekers, an ancient organization once based in the Outer Rim Territories. They were not commonly spoken of as the group; however, the rumour was that they were gifted force-sensitive navigators. Jido believed that there was sufficient evidence to suggest that this group may have once been known to visit long-lost Temples stepped in the Light. As a scholar of the Force and a self-proclaimed devotee to the Light, the potential of such knowledge was most fascinating to the old Master.

The only problem, however, was all of this blasted noise!

The entrance to the Archives slid open, and suddenly, two Jedi were retreating into it, Lightsabers in hand. At the same time, blaster fire streamed in, some of which damaged the nearby shelves, hitting data cards and holo-vids, all of which held vital information and knowledge for the teaching of the younger generations.

"Stars above!" Jido exclaimed, lowering the datapad in his hands and sighing to himself. He had been seated at one of the desks, the chair of which stood taller than he was. Jido turned and dropped down, his bare feet hitting the polished surface with a light thud, his left hand soon drawing his Cane to him with the use of the Force; "What is all of the fuss?" he enquired aloud, having been so engulfed within his reading that he had failed to consider that there were others fool enough to attack the Jedi Temple.

Glancing down to his right hip, his comlink appeared to be flashing red. It was a subtle light, a notification that the Order had made an announcement. As blaster bolts whizzed past his station, Jido removed the device from his belt, stopping briefly to wave his right hand at the moment that blaster fire would impact the air, meeting only an invisible energy barrier that the aged creature erected to protect himself. A sigh escaped him once more, seemingly irritated by the intrusion. No words were spoken this time; instead, he raised the comlink to his ear and listened intently.

The message was an emergency alert to all Jedi, stating that the Dark Empire had sent an invasion force to Coruscant.

Jido's eyes glanced back towards the entrance to the Archives, where the two Jedi continued to deflect incoming blaster fire. The image certainly matched the alert raised on his comlink. "You're going to make a mess in here..." he grumbled, returning the comlink to his belt and beginning to make his way slowly towards the pair, taking each step with careful purpose, using his cane for support; "Tell them to go back home and leave me to my studies," he told the Jedi, speaking as though the act was a simple one and that the sudden appearance of warfare was naught but a minor frustration, an interruption to what otherwise would have been a good day.

Last edited:
The Death Hand Zealot caste the Jade helm on the floor, and spat on it. He saw figure withdrawal, and so he approached the Young whatever she called herself ( Cordelia Dimitte Cordelia Dimitte ).

You spoke true.. I do not know your name.. regardless you had plenty of opportunity to stab me in the back and instead you let me settle a matter of Ijaat. I am afraid that your Younglings are long gone.. at least you know they are not here. I must part ways, my duty as a Death Hand is to destroy the enemies of The Dark Empire. Alas your just a kid.. and an honest one.. so consider this a one time parlay.. next time when you are more.. seasoned and trained, we shall tilt.”

With that he gave a smirk, his pale blue eyes being covered in shadow of his blood stained Mando Mask. Taking his Besckad he placed it at his side and made heavy boot steps as he left that place. Out there at The Foundations, Sappers were back at work, hitting his thrusters he ascended upward, and drew his blaster, listening for movement he saw some GA troops laying down mines. Pointing the barrel he let fire bolts hit the mines and they exploded, the men shouting:

Raz twirled his blaster in cocky display as he made his way through the smoke and stepped over some bodies. There was no thrill to these kills, he wanted more of a challenge, to test his might, and add some scars fo his already riven body. For him, a zealot, it was not enough to win, you had to win with distinction and honor, to prove yourself capable of besting these Sorcerors, and show the galaxy why Death Hand was poised to drop a sycthe on whoever they willed.

Last edited:
Coruscant: Tower Near Jedi Temple
Allies: Jedi I suppose
Enemies: Sith of course
Tags: Drifter Drifter seem to be in a similar area
Objective: Mess with the backline and maaaaybe get to the temple entrance

Selena popped out of a stairwell to check where exactly she was. Sure, level numbers were notated on at each door, but it had been a long time so she didn't have a strong grasp on which level exactly she wanted to be at. Checking a window would be more than enough to give her a feel for where she was.

Perhaps by some turn of fate it was this exact floor that sith forces has already began seizing. Now, when Selena moved into the room she had the briefest moment where she paused and though to act like some confused old crone. Even Sith soldiers did not always resort to violence especially when dealing with elderly. At least not just at the beginning of a fight. Emotions were not too amped up yet.

Still, the way they raised their weapons gave her some pause. “It's alright, I'm not a threat.” Selena said, pushing up on their minds with the force.

For whatever reason, the aura of darkness being pushed by a powerful Sith or just Selena being out of practice, they did not take the bait. Their weapons raised in and she let out a belabored sigh.

Before they could fire she ignited her lightsaber into a wall switch killing the lights for the room. With them she turned off her lightsaber. Force flowing through her she moved with eyes closed.

The scene looked like one out of a music festival on at some resort city. Flashes of red bolts shot through the darkness like laser lights at a rave. Moments of silver light burst out like a strobe light as she ignited her lightsaber just long enough to sever a hand or stab a leg. She did not revel in maiming individuals, but it was better than killing them. She did not imagine remaining hidden would be an option for much longer anyway.

The next room was thankfully empty, giving her the time to look at the wall length windows towards the temple. The gulf between building was massive. But she was only a floor or two beneath the Jedi Temple's expansive “rooftop” the extended out from the temple proper.

From here she could see blaster fire in the sky above as fighters flew over heard. More than a few explosions from the space battle above were visible. Sith transports were all around. Some moving down between her tower and the temple tower. It would takes months to root out the cells that inserted themselves into the lower levels. No doubt a secondary objective should the invasion fail.

Without much thought at all Selena took her blade to the glass and jumped through the hole towards one of the descending shuttles that was still above her position. The force powered her and brought her softly atop the shuttle. She doubted they even knew she was there.

Not that she gave them much time to realize what the soft thump was. She jumped from that shuttle to another higher up on its descent pattern, then from there to the large temple complex area.

It was war. Selena thought would only exist to her in distant memories. Had she the time to reflect it would have surprised her how little it phased her even now. She did not pause to reflect due to the shock of the moment. With practiced precision she dove right into a Sith position catching them unawares from behind.

That advantage would vanish quickly. But for the moment she moved like between them, lightsaber dancing from limb to blaster bolt to another limb. No movement wasted. Just a constant flow of pain brought in some semblance of an attempt to st
op the slow walk of tyranny.

xiqfVVX.png

[ Be safe, Aris. I'll be helping with evacuations up in space, but if you need anything ... just let me know. I'll figure out something. I'll see you later! ]

Aris had played the recording again. It was the third time now, just him watching her smile and cheer him on, as she always did. This was the second time she'd been on a battlefield without him. Before that, she'd been in several with him. It wasn't right. She wasn't a fighter, a soldier. But she was starting down her path as a Jedi. She was strong, smart. He didn't need to be so worried, right?

But why did he feel so worried anyway?

The Padawan let out a sigh as he hooked on the aural dampeners he'd been given. She saw him at his weakest, hadn't she? And decided to help him, make him something to keep him safe. Zaiya really was a great friend. "Young master?" The voice echoed out from the sword floating beside him. He gave the blade a smile. A genuine smile. The fighting had already begun outside. Jonyna Si Jonyna Si was heading up the defense, as far as he knew. His father was elsewhere, aiding in protection efforts.

So Aris would be here to help.

"I'm ready. Let's meet up with the others."

He reached out to take the heavy blade in his hands, then ran. A full on sprint down through the halls as he rushed to the front lines. He'd help, in the best way he knew how. By blade and strength.

Spindle Spindle

coruscantaltobj2-1-1.png

C A V A L I E R
CORUSCANT | JEDI TEMPLE
ALLIES | Zhea Nox Zhea Nox
ENEMIES | Dark Empire | Kaleb Sunwalker Kaleb Sunwalker

N5cG5gd.png

FEARLESS

There would always be small differences between him and his soulmate. He did not care or agree in protecting the knowledge accumulated by the Jedi as Zhea did. He believed it should all be destroyed as well as any knowledge by and of the Sith. Doing so would be, in his own opinion, the first step in breaking the endless cycle of the struggle between Light and Dark. Study the Force, but not apply it by the principles of ancient cults.

He did not protest to Zhea’s words, not wanting to argue pointless philosophies with the Kiffar. All he wanted was to make sure everything was in order, so they could leave before it was too-

“Zhea!”

-late.

The Imperial’s heart skipped a beat when the cold crept over Zhea causing her to lose balance only to lean on the wall to prevent from falling. He, too, felt its malice though he resisted its effects. His training from the Imperial Knights gave him the strength to withstand this corruption. For now, it was like standing in a circle of dry sand with the waves of the sea wanting to consume him.

"S-Simon....they're already here." she shivered, looking at him as fear danced in her eyes. "We're n-not leaving, whether we want to or not."

We should not have come here.

He could see the fear in her eyes; fear of what possible fate awaited them. But he would not sink into his despair. Instead the love he had for Zhea would make him resolute to find a way out of here in both body and spirit. His strength was hers and she could always rely in his warmth to resist the Dark Side.

The Jedi Archives they found were left unattended, much of it was not relocated as he expected it to be. What remained must be destroyed if they were to prevent the Empire from enriching itself from this treasure of knowledge.

Whatever they were planning to do needed to be done now as the pair felt the presence of another, then moving to find its source.

A young man stood as they turned the corner, though this was no ordinary person as Simon could feel a sinister ambience coming from the man. It didn’t take much to confirm his suspicions as the young man spoke with inconsistencies, raving mad.

"I know you too... N-Nox... Yes-Yes! I have seen you... We need not be adversaries... The Emperor will show you mercy, if you surrender now and come with me... You need not held back by Jedi deceptions and lies.... Join the Shadows... Join Kaleb.... Join The Empire..."

Simon would have Sunwalker’s tongue for that. He let out a heavy exhale, stepping forward to have the Fallen Jedi focus on Simon.

“Zhea,” his voice commanded authority, his eyes glaring at this rabid lapdog of Solipsis. “Destroy what’s left of the archives. We cannot allow the Empire to obtain them.”

“I will deal with this…worm myself,”
he hoped Zhea would trust him as he trusted her, and do what he had asked.

karis.png
coruscantaltobj2.png

P E N I T E N T
THE LIGHTSWORN
Battle Armor | Lightsaber

SE | Amena Kader
BHj7K1e.png

6Bqmc1A.png

II : PASSION IS LOYALTY
SHOW YOURSELF

The spectre of an Empire passed, clad in the black of mourning was persistent in its advance toward the woman. The argent mirroring his own was a surprise to be sure. But hardly a welcome one. If anything, it only served to fuel his ire toward this newfound opponent. He had hoped, nay, yearned to strike his blade true unto the crimson saber of a Sith before skewering it. But no, here, another Knight. Except undoubtedly with a far more malicious intent than his own.

"He is not dead...for I am his will where he is not. He is one with the force...and the Force is my weapon." He said in retort to her confusion to his deathly visage.

They stood at odds, with death in their eyes. She swung the double bladed saber around, locking it initially with his own. He quickly shifted the blade to meet the second strike and when she swung her leg around to crack open his knee with a violent pummel of the limb, he snapped his body, twisting his hips in a quick movement to evade the strike before he fainted a thrust toward her neck, demanding a forceful parry before he'd pull his off hand from the hilt and deliver a heavy handed punch toward her abdomen as he aimed to pin her against the opposite wall, his pale grey eyes ignited with a glint of argent reminescent of to his Imperial father with the movement.

"You march under the banner of the demon. The very same who slew him at Tython. The very same who brought about the Empire's destruction...and so you see his will done...and so you must die." He said, gritting his teeth before swiped the blade at her again.

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

Location | Here, with you.

Tag | Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar Raphael Gallustrade Raphael Gallustrade

Nature. It had taken its course, allowing her a chance to dig her nightmarish claws deep into the heart of the galaxy itself. Deep within she struggled with a passionate.. Burning hunger.

Her previous knowledge of this place had granted the shadow the opportunity to creep right within the undercroft. But, now that she was here and not just right outside?

Boots echo down the hall as she takes an interest in study, her more studious pursuits managing to push down such an animalistic hunger that screamed to be let out.

How could she not? For all her higher thinking, all her pursuits... She was still just a cursed beast in the end, and sometimes we all crave to let go.. To simply embrace insanity and live free of burden.

Alas, her burdens were many. The pressure fading as her pale hand gently caresses a line of books. Charming really, she could almost imagine her younger self running around this place.

"An interesting symphony, is it not?"

She calls out, her soft voice echoing between the two of them... Between the two souls the methodical monster had toyed with.

"The rhythm of blaster fire, followed by the drums of explosions.. Screams, the encore. Nature sounds off putting doesn't it? Don't you belong out there? A 'hero' to the unwise masses? Cloak of faint light, saber in hand."

Black claws slowly reach around the corner, in the darkness two amber eyes gazed at them with an otherworldly glow. Unblinking, cold and inhuman.

As she stepped out into the faint light, the bulb would flicker. A soft smile adorning her face as the devil adjusted her suit.

"Ah I knew I felt a familiar sensation, the reject and my shade touched project."

Hundreds more eyes watched from the darkness behind her, followed swiftly by eldritch looking tendrils dark as the void. They crawled and crept alongside her, the same look as the liquid that leaked out from her eye.

"I can make you a hero, give you the opportunity to use those teachings wiggling around in the brain of yours. What if we made a little deal? A pact, you could say."

Many had taken these dark pacts, with the costs often being high... Yet, the reward was always what was promised.

"Unless your desire for vengeance is so sickeningly sweet you simply cannot resist the taste, truly it would be such a waste. You still have so much room to grow, so very much.."

The creature awaits their responses, either one they went with would satisfy her.

PnnQj7u.png
Ship: The Red Night
Equipment: Outfit | Lightsaber
Tag: Adeline Noctua Adeline Noctua Raphael Gallustrade Raphael Gallustrade

Though Gatz did not know the man, Raphael's presence was a welcome one. If he was to meet destiny today, it'd be nice to have an ally on his side. He opened his eyes for a moment and offered the other man a nod, but quickly returned to his meditation. In this time of fire and brimstone, it was important to center oneself. He was likely to take life today, and while a Jedi often had to do so out of necessity, it was important not to assign emotion to such a task. Lest he take his first steps down a darker, more selfish path.

Listen to him. Spouting Jedi platitudes... and believing in them. When had that happened? But then, it wasn't a when, was it? It was a who.

Valery Noble Valery Noble , Inanna Harth Inanna Harth , Amani Serys Amani Serys , Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren , Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania , Lossa Aureus Lossa Aureus , Katarine Ryiah Katarine Ryiah , Romi Jade Romi Jade .

Every Jedi who had brought him to this moment, through their wisdom, their kindness, and their teachings. Jedi who had turned a rotten man away from a course that could only end in tragedy, and had shepherded him down a path he had long considered himself unworthy of traveling. And yet... they hadn't thought so, no matter how much he insisted upon his own lack of value.

They were here, scattered, fighting all in their own ways. He could feel them all, brilliant lights among the shadows the Dark Empire had cast.

And among the shadow who loomed before him, in the shape of a woman he was all too familiar with. Though fear gripped him, so too did understanding. This was it, the reason why he was here: to confront the only Sith who had ever truly left a mark on him. Who had left a stain on his soul, in the form of flesh and blood rent with claws, and memories tainted with pain and cowardice.

He had run, last time, fearful for his life. He would not run now.

"I can make you a hero, give you the opportunity to use those teachings wiggling around in the brain of yours. What if we made a little deal? A pact, you could say."

"I'm afraid I have to ask you to stay out of my brain," Gatz stood slowly, clasping his hands behind his back, "there's only one person I trust with what 'wriggles' around in there, and even that wasn't a particularly willing arrangement."

As if she knew she was being discussed, his connection to Briana bloomed. He could feel his own presence in the Force be pulled along their bond—not drained but shared to fulfil an oath of protectionand felt her in turn, sharing just a little bit of her radiance with him. Gatz held onto her Light, not so tightly as to disrupt her, but just gently enough to feel its warmth.

And the eldritch shadows that trailed Adeline no longer seemed as dark as they had before.

"There will be no vengeance today, Adeline," Gatz warned, voice calm, "but I'll make you a deal of my own: turn away, or be turned away. You're not welcome in these halls."

coruscantaltobj2-1-1.png

TAG: Romi Jade Romi Jade

Their blades hummed and hissed as they clashed either against one another or empty walls and floor tiles left behind by a deft evasive step. A dozen and more swings, slashes and thrusts exchanged -- all in a heartbeat to the external eye; a blur to those not attuned to the Force. The toil was far more heftier on the mind than on the body; a game of dejarik rather than a contest of physical prowess. Probing each other's defences with the Force, both knew that one mistake -- one opening -- was all that would take to end their duel. Such was the nature of combat between those bearing the gift of the Force.

"You haven't mastered anything yet, I'm all that stands in your way, and I don't intend on moving." Romi shook her head.

"Then I'll --" her voice was cut off by the sudden quake beneath her feet. The whole tower rattled and groaned like a dying animal convulsing in its death throes. Sinestra staggered in an attempt to retain her balance when Romi swept her off her feet with a telekinetic shove, sending her tumbling back like a thrown cat.

Sinestra cursed her lapse of focus -- an amateur's mistake that may have cost her dearly. Rage swelled from within at her error and she drank in the dark side energies gushing from Ibaris Varanin Ibaris Varanin 's ritual and the TIE pilot's ( Electra-12 Electra-12 ) distant purposeful contempt. Fury darkened into clouds of hate rolling from her presence and into lightning dancing on her fingertips; the air cracked with electricity, the smell of a tempest preluding what came next:

"BREAK YOU!"

A web of bolts met Romi's lunge, eager to scorch her alive.

Last edited:
VVVDHjr.png
VVVDHjr.png

The Light of Ashla , Champion and Avatar of Ashla
VVVDHjr.png
coruscantaltobj2-1-1.png
Information
Objective: Protect the Jedi Temple
Equipment: Sverð Fyrstr (weapons) | Ljósspjót (spear) | Skrúð Engill Fyrstr (armour) || Empyrean gland | OPBC-01m
Writing With: Arla Rodarch Arla Rodarch | Closed
Tags: Open
"Galactic Common" | <"High Nelvaanian"> | ["Essonian"] | ~ telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

6pLh85y.png

The storm that was about to break didn't really bother Eina. She often had to fight demons in blizzards. Although the weather inside the Sanctuary was good, the surrounding countryside was very hostile, but it was also a bastion of protection for the city. She could sense from inside the Jedi Temple that the enemy was already there and fighting others. As far as she knew from her history lessons, this sort of thing had happened back in the days of Order 66, when Anakin Skywalker, aka Darth Vader, marched in with the clones to kill everyone.

She sensed that the storm was the "creation" of someone else, and not from the Dark Side, so she didn't want to interfere. Meanwhile, Eina could feel the presence of even Darth Solipsis from a very distance, as he was in the Senate building. For a few moments, she felt the urge to go there and bring the Emperor's soul back to the Netherworld. But in the end, she didn't move, there were many more people she could help here, and many more in need of protection. And for the Light of Ashla, that was the most important thing, to help as many people as possible and not to look out for her own self-interest. There would be another time to return Solipsis' soul to where it belonged. Eina has almost started the chant...

… but the storm and the attacks were too strong, so while she was still concentrating, she stood up and looked for a safer and more protected place to begin her combat meditation. Here she resumed the position she had taken before and left it, and began to murmur words softly as she concentrated. She spoke in the languages of Valkyrja and Children of Ashla, languages well known in the Netherworld, but not many here in Realspace would have known it. She recognized the force that was about to overwhelm the Light Side.

~ We met again, Darth Vinaze Darth Vinaze , and just like the first time. I will not let your corrupted and vile meditation by Bogan affect the warriors of Light and Ashla. ~ she sent the message through the Force to the eldritch Lord, though she did not know if the message reached him or not.

Eina knew that if she continued to meditate, she would not be able to defend herself against others, but it was a sacrifice she made to remove Vinaze's treachery from this land, from this world. As she continued to chant, her power began to spread through the Force. Her chant, like an "angelic" song, spread through the Force, radiating a pleasant warm feeling towards the Light Side warriors, which could give them bravery, equip them with courage, confidence, clearer thinking.

And in the pouring rain, Eina, in her golden armour and golden wings, was a sight to behold, like a celestial phenomenon, thanks to the fact that her aura was visible to any Force User or Force Sensitive; pulsing around her in golden colour. And she just listened to the chant, eyes closed, so she didn't even notice that more Dark Imperials were heading her way...

baSk6S8.png

valktemplate.gif

coruscantaltobj2.png

RŪKAS
DIFFICULT SITUATION | CORUSCANT
CLOSED TAG: Darth Ptolemis Darth Ptolemis

valkdivde.png

banner5.png

WOLF MOON

Fear.

Välk could smell it. It ran deep all around them. The Being of Chaos drank deeply. It fed into his power. He scoffed at the puny storm that was created by the Children of Ashla. It was child's play for him. It took all of the Netherworlder's self-control to not turn it wholly against them with vehemence. It was not his time....yet.

Instead, he calmly reclined in the co-pilot's chair while his Master sat fuming next to him while flying the shuttle toward their target. The Shadow Hand had been beside himself ever since Vortex. Apparently the Sith Holocrons were a great loss. An inexcusable failure.

So Välk had done some work...

- I have verified the information you've brought about the holocrons' location. You have done well, my apprentice.
The smallest of smirks played on his tattooed face.
"I aim to serve, my Master." he said in his deep baritone, regally inclining his head.

Then the unfortunate happened.

The Force-being had just started to enjoy the effect of Darth Vinaze Darth Vinaze 's influence, when the pesky little beings on the ground almost ruined all his plans. Artillery was so inconvenient.

They hurtled at an alarming rate toward the surface. Any mortal would have panicked. Välk, on the other hand, remained cool and collected. The gravitational force pushed hard, but the Netherworlder reached over to grip onto his Master before disappearing from the wreckage that was intent on sending them to their doom.

Their re-appearance on the terrace, however, wasn't perfect. The velocity at which they had been traveling, had them slamming into the ground of the garden unceremoniously.

After taking deep breaths after all the air got knocked out of him, Välk growled as he struggled onto his knees. Ice-blue eyes flashed a dangerous yellow as a burning pain shot through his arm. It wasn't broken but was bleeding profusely from getting ripped open by the ground. He needed to find a way to shift between his true form and this mortal shell. Soon.

Soon he would make the dogs of Light pay.

Everyone would pay.

Struggling to his feet, he let the world stop spinning before placing a hand on his bleeding arm. Lightning and fire crackled between his fingers and palm before the scent of burning flesh surrounded them. The Netherworlder gritted his teeth against the pain of the wound getting crudely cauterised. It would still hurt in some way, but would hamper him far less than the bleeding mess would have. The bruised ribs was something he couldn't do anything about at the moment.

Sneering, Välk looked over to the form of the Blasphemer. He was still alive, that much he could see. A relief really, as he would not let the man die an arbitrary death such as this. He had no love for the mortal, but he did place some value on the power he wielded. It entertained the Force Entity in a way.

"Master, can you walk? We need to keep moving."

VVVDHjr.png
VVVDHjr.png

Director of SHADES, Torture and Interrogation Officer
VVVDHjr.png
coruscantaltobj2-1-1.png
Information
Objective: Capture a Jedi
Equipment: 2x Sunfury Pistol | Light Armour | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit | 2x Vibrodagger || Cloaking Device | 5x ASBF Probe Droid || Empyrean gland || OPBC-01m
Tags: Kazian Blackwood Kazian Blackwood | Xochilt Xochilt | Open
Writing With: Katherine Holt Katherine Holt | Closed
"Galactic Common" | <"High Nelvaanian"> | ["Essonian"] | ~ telepathic communication ~ | << comm. channel >>

EIhVhaB.png

I watched as the soldiers and the Sith stormed the Jedi Temple building and made their way in. Inside, it might have been easy to grab someone and take them into a room to interrogate them, but maybe it was more of a mess out here and less conspicuous if someone disappeared here. So far, though, I hadn't seen anyone who fit my purpose. I could feel the effects of the Force ability caused by one of the Sith in the distance, but as I got closer and closer in the storm, I could feel an opposing force.

This was my distant cousin or aunt. I am never sure about these family connections because there are so many of us. The point is, she was trying to put out what I was feeling. I whimpered under my helmet for a moment at the mixed emotions, and then continued on towards the Temple. I was not skilled enough to completely rule them out, but I tried my best to do so. Maybe I should look for someone from the Dark Side Elite or the New Sith Order to teach me these later. Would have been a useful skill to keep my mind from being distracted.

As I made my way up the stairs, I tried to block out that feeling and also listened to the communication lines and MANIAC also did a summary every few minutes. Based on that, our guys had already gotten into the Senate building. Great! It seemed that the plans and objectives were very well on track and everything was on track. It would have been great to see the Galactic Alliance collapse. They have already dominated the Core Worlds for far too long. I looked around the stairs and around the entrance once I got up the stairs to see if there were any lone Jedi or warriors who might be good targets. If there weren't, I could always go further into the Temple.

Here, when I looked around, I saw someone at the top of one of the pillars. As I saw the wings, for a few moments I thought it was a member of my family. After all, we've had a few of these creatures in our home, even my sister who killed our mother. I could feel the bitterness, anger and rage rising up inside me. I stopped looking for an opponent, I found the one I was looking for. It didn't matter at this point that she probably wasn't related to me, if she was a Jedi she would suit my purposes, and it was unlucky enough that she appeared right in front of me with wings. Still under the benevolent protection of the cloaking device, I took up a suitable position from which to look at the winged woman.

When that was done, I took out my pistols, switched one to stun mode and left the other in normal mode. I raised them at the same time and aimed at a point on the woman where there was no armour, probably her wings. I pulled the trigger on both guns at the same time and the two bundles started towards the woman. The downside of the attack was that it disarmed the cloaking device and made me visible. That means the Jedi will probably know I've been attacked before I'm ready. I could only hope she wouldn't have time to dodge my attack...

XsHhoMx.png

coruscantaltobj2.png

SHADOW SQUADRON

qhkFgZ4.jpg

Shadow Five: "Whisper"

Tags:
SCAR SCAR , Daraho Arvyd Daraho Arvyd , Innis Tarring Innis Tarring , Eiric Ardos Eiric Ardos , Electra-12 Electra-12

qXu9Rp6.png

Prelude:

While others had been in their quarters, or in the mess hall of the ISD Korvan, Whisper had been in the landing bay, taking time to fine tune his fighter while he had the chance. He had always been a gearhead, it was in his blood. Technically modifying one's starfighter was against Imperial Navy protocol, but Whisper had the luxury of having gone through the training for his mechanic cert. As such, he was granted certain liberties when it came to his TIE, and in the tense moments before deployment, there was nowhere else he'd rather be.

Coruscant had been on the forefront of every trooper's mind since the taking of Tython and Teta. Countless drills had been ran, including regular flight pattern drills for pilots such as him. Whisper had spent most of his spare time in the weeks before the attack brushing up on whatever intel he had access to. City plans, blueprints of enemy cruisers... every scrap of information might be the difference between life and death, especially when it came to the Alliance's seat of power.

He finished his tune-up on the fighter, shutting the hatch to one of the engines. The biggest modification he had made to the craft was the dampening of the sound from the twin ion engines, making their noise little more than a purr. The vacuum of space didn't exactly allow for sound to flow freely, but on the surface of Coruscant, the TIE would certainly be loud enough. The last thing that he wanted was for an enemy to see him coming. After all, you don't get a callsign like "Whisper" by advertising your position.

As he had just finished stashing his toolkit away, the blaring sound of the deployment siren violently cascaded through the large landing bay. They had made good time, it seemed...

Good thing he was already wearing his flight suit.

qXu9Rp6.png

The Limit

Shadow Squadron dropped into atmosphere in glorious synchronicity, their ominous presence an impressive display of Imperial discipline. As they formed up behind Scar, Whisper could catch brief glimpses of the temple ahead. The battle had commenced in earnest, and the destruction of the planet's weather systems provided Shadow Squadron with the extra cover they would need. To some the stormy skies might prove to be a problem, but Whisper had won more than a few races in such storms before his time in the Imperial Navy. Unpredictability was his wheelhouse, and he planned to use that to his absolute advantage.
"Shadow Squadron, form up,"

<<Copy that Shadow Leader. I'm with you.>>

His TIE rolled left, spinning into position as Whisper calmly dodged oncoming fire from an X-Wing. His trigger finger squeezed off a couple of shots in response, sending his attacker into a fiery freefall as he formed up alongside the others.
"Another one bites the dust,"

Tarring was always a bit of a hotshot, though Whisper wasn't one to complain. The man could back it up, and that was what mattered. Nevertheless, Whisper always felt a concern that Tarring's nature would one day come back to bite him.

<<Good shooting Tarring, but stay on target. We have Jedi to kill.>>

There was always room for banter, but when in the thick of it, Whisper's main concern was doing everything he could to get his comrades out in one piece, and sometimes... that meant being a bit of a buzzkill.
<So nice of them to come out and greet us.>

<<Wouldn't be a party without them rolling out the red carpet.>>

The joke was said in his usual deadpan manner. Comedy wasn't Whisper's strongest suit. What was, however, was raining down hellish plasma rain onto those problematic ants below.

His fighter swooped down, sending a mix of exhilaration and calm through Whisper's body as he descended upon the targets. That rush was everything to him, the liminal space between utter focus and unstoppable excitement.

This was the thing...

This was the pulse...

He let fly with several shots toward the pests, his laserfire a small taste of the havoc he planned to cause on this day. As soon as the damage was done, he quickly pulled upward, his TIE soaring above to rejoin Shadow Squadron.
"Shadow Squadron, regroup and prepare for the next target,"

<<On your mark, Shadow Leader.>>

- EXIT CHAPTER TWO, ENTERING CHAPTER ONE -

qXu9Rp6.png

Last edited:
Marshal, Journeyman Protector

coruscantaltobj2-1-1.png
Engaging : Any who wish to prevent Eina's Force use.

Comm reports came in from all over, the Temple had been breached. Arla immediately reacted to the news, leaving a Colonel Varane in charge of the defensive emplacements. She reloaded her weapons and hit her jetpack, swooping up and away and towards the place where she might be needed. She wasn't making a difference here. She would make a difference elsewhere.

The golden bright wings of the avatar of Ashla were a bright spark in the darkness that had fallen over the Jedi Temple district. Arla made straight for the beacon of hope, knowing she had found her task.

The Marshal of the Journeyman Protectors landed beside Eina L'lerim-Vandiir Eina L'lerim-Vandiir in a wash of flame, blowing dust and debris away from the two of them. Arla nodded once in her friend's direction. The two of them had met very briefly before the assault had begun, and Valery Noble Valery Noble had been clear that Arla was to consider the protection of Eina a top priority.

"Do you believe the Light stands alone?" Arla's mechanically volume boosted voice boomed out through that section of the Jedi Temple. Having arrived via jetpack, she was on the scene quickly. Weapons were out, and her face behind her helmet's visage was set in grim determination. Her voice brooked absolutely no nonsense. It was a challenge to anyone in the vicinity.

The Journeyman Protector wasn't affected by the battle meditation for good or for ill, and the Force itself was beyond her. She fought in the real world, what the more esoterically minded called the mundane world.

"You want her?" Arla stood before Eina, water streaming off the gold of her beskar'gam. "You have to walk over my dead body." Planting her feet and raising her weapons, Arla prepared to deal death to any challengers, quickly efficiently, and ruthlessly.

YgvlfhP.png

Allies : Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Ryana mina Ryana mina Tulan Kor Tulan Kor Eina L'lerim-Vandiir Eina L'lerim-Vandiir Valery Noble Valery Noble
Enemies : Darth Centax Darth Centax SCAR SCAR Innis Tarring Innis Tarring Daraho Arvyd Daraho Arvyd Urienz Tyrael Urienz Tyrael

coruscantaltobj2-1-1.png

Objective: Protect the Temple
Gear: Armour, Lightsaber, Besker Spear
Tags: Ellayina L'lerim Ellayina L'lerim

K39nyuh.png

As Katherine remained atop her perch, she felt the Light suddenly wash over her. If the Dark was like a cold, then the Light was akin to a coat being draped across her shoulders. Her entire being was flooded with its warmth, pushing out the congestion that was trying to dull her senses.

The Padawan did not hesitate to reach out to solidify the connection.

She saw a flash image of the source, a red-haired winged warrior, not too unlike herself. But this one; Eina, was far more powerful. Some of the words she spoke resonated with Katherine, understood some of them even. Tempted as she was to defend her fellow warrior of Light, Katherine’s senses picked up something more immediate.

The battle meditation had sharpened her focus, allowing the winged Padawan to sense the emotions around her more acutely. Brushing aside the smothering blanket, in favour of the more finer details.

Bitterness.

It wasn’t the most unusual emotion to feel at the time, but there was something…personal to what Katherine was sensing. That, and the fact it felt as though it was being aimed towards her. But she was still a Padawan, and couldn’t find the invisible source that was presently manoeuvring around to find a good shot.

Not until her Force Sense flared out in warning at the incoming attack. At the last moment Katherine fell forwards, disappearing out of view behind the pillar. It was a feint, an attempt to trick her opponent into thinking her shots had struck. Whether it worked or not, it didn’t ultimately matter. As before Katherine’s body would’ve hit the ground, she suddenly pivoted mid-air, using her wings to reorient herself and dash around the other side of the pillar.

A flash of silver and green would appear in Ellayina’s peripheral vision, as Katherine lunged towards her with her lightsaber poised to stab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom