Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Character of the Month Nominations, June 2024

I'm gonna nominate Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

Anyone who's written with her knows how she can blend humor and serious scenes into a thread in a way that seems effortless. Her prose is top notch. Her character is a beautifully written story of a broken woman in the process of forging herself anew. Cora feels real in that she's kind, compassionate, and just... but also haughty, judgmental, and with a quick temper.

Genuinely good, but not perfect, and those are the kinds of characters I enjoy reading the most.

Also, I'm a sucker for tsunderes.

Last edited:
ALL JOKES ASIDE, I seriously love that Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren put this together and it saw a lot of traction. Its nice building the community up in these little ways, methinks.

Something I definitely can be better at.

Since we're taking time to derail this thread with circlejerking, I would like to thank Tefka Tefka for no ballsing the community in the Feedback forum to do things that were available to do the entire time.

Also, I award myself Site Owner of the Year.

Thanks man.

1717529362519.png

I hope I'm not too late to throw my nomination up. I would like to nominate Darth Strosius Darth Strosius for a number of reasons.

1) I never fail to have fun writing with him, his character is always true to his core, no matter what he stands to lose. No matter how much you want him to bend a different way, he's consistently an nerf herder (and i say that with love)

2) He repeatedly puts the joy of other writers above his own wants and gains. He stands to lose a lot with his current storyline and despite me offering less severe reactions, from my character perspective because of my own fears of being a roflstomp person in this, he is still willing to take the brunt of all of it. I've also never seen him win a fight, i dont know whather that's because he doesn't think he's good enough to win, or because he thinks the other person will enjoy it more if he loses.

3) one of the nicest people to speak to OOC, he's pretty shy though, you gotta beat him a bit with a stick tonget him to come out of his shell.

Honestly, i just adore him as a character and a person. I'm looking forward to seeing qhat comes next in your vendetta against literally everyone.

I hope I'm not too late to throw my nomination up. I would like to nominate Darth Strosius Darth Strosius for a number of reasons.

1) I never fail to have fun writing with him, his character is always true to his core, no matter what he stands to lose. No matter how much you want him to bend a different way, he's consistently an nerf herder (and i say that with love)

2) He repeatedly puts the joy of other writers above his own wants and gains. He stands to lose a lot with his current storyline and despite me offering less severe reactions, from my character perspective because of my own fears of being a roflstomp person in this, he is still willing to take the brunt of all of it. I've also never seen him win a fight, i dont know whather that's because he doesn't think he's good enough to win, or because he thinks the other person will enjoy it more if he loses.

3) one of the nicest people to speak to OOC, he's pretty shy though, you gotta beat him a bit with a stick tonget him to come out of his shell.

Honestly, i just adore him as a character and a person. I'm looking forward to seeing qhat comes next in your vendetta against literally everyone.

No!

In fact! I'll shamelessly bump the thread to remind folks the deadline is the 17th of June.

Gonna echo this and nominate Darth Strosius Darth Strosius for being such a baller with this storyline, and for being an amazing writer to work with. This storyline would not have been possible at all without him. It's been a lot of fun, can't wait for the rest of the story to unfold and all the ramifications that come with it.

I got a lot of people I have fun reading things from and writing with, as well as just the fact that they're great to interact with OOC. So I'm just gonna throw out a handful of nominations.

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti Braze Braze Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Aris Noble Aris Noble

I could say lots of things about all of these folks. Cora and Ko I love the plot progression of and am always super eager to write with, Aris and Zaiya are both super friendly and super active, and of course we're all in fact Illie alts, Braze is constantly the most active person I write with on the board so bias, but they also put a lot of thought into everything they write, and I could add way more people but will keep it to five.

I'm gonna keep my suggestions and all brief though to not be all sappy. These dudes are awesome and deserve the recognition.

I think I'm gonna nominate Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen .

I think in light of the invasion, I think it's without a doubt that Sully made the invasion what it was. We can all agree that no one single writer makes or breaks an invasion entirely, as it is a collaboration effort, but Sully essentially made every cool moment cooler.

That and the man was writing and managing a LOT during the invasion, and without him, I don't think the DE would have as many cool things to write on as they did, or the Alliance would have to write against. On top of that, juggling multiple things schedule-wise but still churning out quality posts, I can't say that I think of a person that deserves it more than he does.

I think I'm gonna nominate Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen .

I think in light of the invasion, I think it's without a doubt that Sully made the invasion what it was. We can all agree that no one single writer makes or breaks an invasion entirely, as it is a collaboration effort, but Sully essentially made every cool moment cooler.

That and the man was writing and managing a LOT during the invasion, and without him, I don't think the DE would have as many cool things to write on as they did, or the Alliance would have to write against. On top of that, juggling multiple things schedule-wise but still churning out quality posts, I can't say that I think of a person that deserves it more than he does.

Nominating Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen as well for the above reasons and for his great progress in writing over the years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom