Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Cooperative Parley

hugo-barthouil-vodyani06.png

COOPERATIVE PARLEY
~business as usual, no need to bat your eyes too long~

GEAR: in bio
TAG: Lodd Grimmin Lodd Grimmin

Information is king. To harvest and manage and leverage information is how you skyrocket through the glass ceiling and how you exterminate the covetous rats climbing right below you. It was how my parents and their parents before made fortune. It was how we gained control of every aspect of life in the Slice. It is how we managed to stay hidden from the prying eyes of the Alliance and the various Galactic Empires throughout the known galaxy, while we kept expanding our influence and achieving record profits. It is how the birds in the web have delivered me Senator Lodd Grimmin of The Trade Federation, most likely unprepared for any form of confrontation in his supposedly smooth as silk travel, in his Mirage-Class Superyacht, right to the embrace of Lords of the Slice.

Some might say that this is a rather daring maneuver for such a clandestine organisation. What if it doesn't go well, and Senator Grimmin, and by extension The Trade Federation and even worse, The Galactic Alliance are alerted of the existence of our organization close to their border. Sure, I acted today as United Zeerno's Chairman and the captain of the fleet. Yet as my eloquent partner once said, always assume the worst. Are we ready for a public spotlight after years of secrecy and all the success it has brought.

I guess we never know.

The only thing I know is that we take the calculated risk in front of us to extend our control, our influence, slowly but surely until we have the whole world in our hands.

And so we intercepted the Senator's Superyacht with a fleet of 12 strong corvettes, hailing the captain for a peaceful transition of control.

<This is Captain Dant Zeerno of Zeerno Tetha, Chairman of United Zeerno and Field Marshall of Halcyon Aegis; requesting permission to board. WEEOOOWEEOOWRR. Proper salutation upon my arrival in your ship will be greatly appreciated.>

This is it. No way back. What happens today will forever be carved in the history book, as the galaxy’s introduction to the clandestine organisation that one day will be widely known as The Tribunals. With that, and my lightsaber attached underneath my cloak, and my all-Skakoan elite guards flanking my side, I make my way towards the ship's airlock, waiting for the Senator's answer.

COOPERATIVE PARLEY
vKSkm56.png

The Neimoidian Senator had only recently completed discussions with a another primitive society over the use of additional land for the Trade Federation, although such a deal was kept private from the eyes of the Federal Assembly, who would likely scrutinize certain terms made in the agreement such as the provision that permits the Federation to establish factories and hire workers from the local populace at a wage lower than the prevailing rate.

The Senator felt extremely vulnerable being far from the safety of the Trade Federation strongholds in the Galactic Alliance. However, his fears dissipated as he unwound in the luxurious surroundings of the Mirage Class Superyacht known as "Lodd's Array".

This opulent vessel, crafted by Vanguard Hypernautics, was specifically created for the elite members of society to travel with speed and comfort, although with only a few token ion cannons for defensive purposes.

He was taken out of such blissful comfort, when the sound of alarms went off indicating that the Superyacht was in trouble. "What is going on Captain," Lodd said in fear, glancing over to the Neimoidian Captain of the Vessel.

"It seems, Senator, that we are encircled by a dozen unidentified corvettes." The Captain replied, clutching the control panel as the holo-transmissions from Dant Zeerno Dant Zeerno came through on the private channel.

The Senator briefly looked at the transmission, aware that the closest Trade Federation Defense Fleet was currently patrolling the trade lanes and would not be able to provide assistance.

"We are left with limited options; we must provide them with the clearance signal." Lodd said in defeat, as the Captain allowed the Skakoan and his elite bodyguards to dock with the Superyacht.

Although they would not enter the vessel unopposed as the Neimoidian Gunnery Battalion and two Neimoidian Brutes were there to keep a watchful eye, and provide protection for the Senator if things got out of hand.

COOPERATIVE PARLEY

LODD’S ARRAY

"Apology for such a rather rude introduction I had to make." That was the first thing I mentioned to the Senator the moment I touched base in Lodd's Array. This isn't going to be the best of first impressions, forcing myself into a meeting, but I especially meant the extra courtesy I had to request via the comms.

"Where I am they respect strength and arrogance." They see a Skakoan and they think about a sleazeball douchebag playing toy soldier with his tech money. I had to instill my own gravitas on those bunch of unruly thugs and I ain't planning to lose it any time soon. Here, however, I don't have to play pretend. My elite guards are loyal to me, myself and I, and they do stand mighty toe-on-toe with the Senator's Neimoidian counterparts.

"I hope the reason for our rather abrupt meeting might soften the tension between our guards." I eyed the Senator, then the two freak of natures he employed. Such eloquent beasts. It would be a shame if they were to lose control and we both fail our mission today.

"Trust me Senator, if I had the information needed to arrange this meeting with one of your directors I would, no disrespect to you of course." The higher you go through the hierarchy the easier it is to reach an agreement. The middle-managers have too much fear over their possible reprisals, they are too careful and they don't take risks. We don't want that.

"It's business, Senator. One that requires huge guarantees on our side, meticulously crafted solutions from a multitude of levels from your side, and commitment from both of us." When it comes to money, the Trade Federation is the most true to their analytical decision-making rationale. This meeting needs to be set up from the top and only climbing up. I do sincerely hope that this is only the beginning of a friendship built over a heap of cash.

"Shall we take a seat?"

COOPERATIVE PARLEY
vKSkm56.png

The Neimoidian Senator was surprised by the rather courteous demeanor of the potential pirates, as typically, they would either try to abduct him for a ransom or demand the valuable cargo on board, assuming that the senator was accustomed to expensive luxury items and therefore would have some on hand.

Although gripped by fear, he refused to escape from the Skakoan and his highly skilled enforcers, fully aware that such an act would result in his demise and the loss of the Trade Federation's influence within the Federal Assembly.

Lodd made an effort to heed the requests of Dant Zeerno Dant Zeerno , signaling the Neimoidian Gunnery Battalion and two Neimoidian Brutes to temporarily stand down, ensuring that the individual could express themselves without the threat of immediate conflict arising.

Recognizing that the higher-ups in the Directorate were heavily guarded, Lodd was aware that his minimal entourage would make him a key target for any enforced discussions about trade agreements.

"You make some interesting proposals, my friend. Please take a seat."

The Neimoidian said, allowing the Skakoan to sit down on one of the luxury chairs around the Mirage Class Superyacht. Credits were the one thing that would get the Trade Federation's full attention.

COOPERATIVE PARLEY

LODD’S ARRAY

"Thank you, Senator." Finally. The Senator signaled his men to stand down and I did mine. This should simmer the tension down, and let the Senator be more comfortable with what's next on the table, information exchange.

If information is king, then the table is a chess board. You only want to risk your king if you can bait theirs out. This is not a matter of distrust towards the Trade Federation as an institution. Their allegiance is to credits and reputation and I wouldn't dare to dispute that. It's about the man in front of me, the people on his side, and the very risk of even the smallest portion of information making its way to the Alliance Senate.

I must play it safe.

"We, as in the United Zeerno, are planning to penetrate new markets. Markets that we are less familiar with, with all the complexities of an expansion; internal and external." I insinuate in my words everything; the complexities of the shipping and freight forwarding industry, regulations to bypass, key stakeholders to infiltrate, and the less legal aspects of the plan; the fundings, the executions, and what comes and goes in every shipment, all without saying the words. It's up to the Senator to decipher the words and make his own judgment.

While giving him time to map out all the information he received and what he can give, I decided to probe him more. "But first, tell me, Senator, what do you know about the jewel of the galaxy known as The Slice?" Knowing the full-scope of his knowledge of the region will help me massively to find the right bait to sink on my hook, making sure that this will be a fruitful discussion.

COOPERATIVE PARLEY
vKSkm56.png

Lodd made a mental observation that the Skakoan belonged to United Zeerno and their primary goals were to expand into unfamiliar markets. These markets were so unfamiliar that it created a clear image in the Neimoidian's mind that the organization mentioned would resemble more of a criminal syndicate rather than a well-structured company.

The Trade Federation held the upper hand in this situation because of their limited knowledge in corporate complexities like regulations, major stakeholders, and the legal implications of venturing into this field.

"We are aware of many things happening in the Slice Region, although I think a better question is what importance does the region have to you?"

The Senator skillfully redirected the inquiry, toppling one of their pawns on the metaphorical chessboard, in order to extract valuable information from Dant Zeerno Dant Zeerno .

If they aimed to outmaneuver the Trade Federation in the information war, they would need to exert much greater effort than their present endeavors.

Last edited:

COOPERATIVE PARLEY

LODD’S ARRAY

"Careful now, Senator. WEEOOOWEEOOWRR. I do not appreciate that tone."

What a joke of a deflection. Too on the nose, too obvious. Too arrogant for someone on a lightsaber striking distance. Had the stake not been the window to triple our revenue and extend our influence into the Alliance space, I would've sliced this ungrateful slime in two. Alas, we need this deal, and we would rather do it with his extensive network in the Alliance.

Still, the disrespect wasn't going to be left unanswered, lest they take it as a precedent in this hopefully still a viable business deal.

"You might think but we are just a ragtag group of careless thugs forcing our way to do business, but Senator, I've been nothing but gracious towards you."

If he thinks that this was an aggressive parley, I would've so easily instilled the fear of God in him the next time he even thought of doing the same mistake.

"So let me ask you the question once again, Senator. And please, consider your answer well this time. What do you know about The Slice?"

I asked, my half-concealed, black eyes staring right at him. I can feel the stir in the Force, and it would be oh-so-easy to just ignite my lightsaber or to take this ship right to The Slice to prove my point.

Yet intimidation is a long and delicate game, and for everyone's sake I hope I have the patience to play by the rules.

COOPERATIVE PARLEY
vKSkm56.png

The Neimoidian found it quite confusing when Dant Zeerno Dant Zeerno reacted with great violence to the innocent question regarding the significance of the Slice Region.

The Skakoan appeared to lack an understanding of the fundamental principle of business: never allow emotions to cloud judgment, especially when dealing with controversial matters. In disregarding this unspoken rule, the Skakoan inadvertently divulged valuable information without uttering a single word.

The Trade Federation now comprehended the significance of the Slice Region to United Zeerno, as it held true importance for them. Should that refer to tangible resources like trade outposts, military installations, or shipyards. Each of these could be examined by numerous probe droids supported by the Trade Federation Defense Fleet in case things got violent.

"You desire to gain business traction, however, your response carries a hostile undertone to a mere innocent question."

The Senator said, getting up from the chair. Despite not being a force user, he held the power within the conversation as a bargaining chip with the Alliance and the Federation.

"Inflict me with the force of your lightsaber, expel me into the frigid expanse of space, shatter me into fragments. Although you possess the capability to execute such actions right here and now, the only outcome you would attain is becoming an adversary of both the Galactic Alliance and the Trade Federation. These two forces can easily scour the entire Slice until they uncover the responsible individuals."

The Neimoidian stated that if the Skakoan decided to make himself the top enemy by striking, it was entirely up to him. However, if the Skakoan preferred to conduct legitimate business, he should refrain from making threats and insinuations.

COOPERATIVE PARLEY

LODD’S ARRAY

The Neimoidian is certainly afraid. Maybe he can sense the Force slightly hitching up the tension here. That might be where the deranged tirade comes from. An employee making threats on what their owner might do if their lovely wage-slave is violated. Faced with a bunch of those, unsurprisingly money always talks, and I ended up close partners with a few of those employers.

"You're making a whole lot of insinuation right there, Senator. Imagining that I would summon a lightsaber on my hand out of thin air, that I would jettison you out of your own ship. Where did you learn to have such an eloquent imagination?"

And to think that the Galactic Alliance and the Trade Federation would spare their time and resources to scour up a whole region with minimal information just to avenge one of their… officer? Sure, an exceptional and a high-ranking one, but still a cog in the machine. They will just conduct a formal investigation and call it a day.

"The worst thing I would do is to welcome you with a banquet of feast in my lovely mansion, give you a first-class tour of the Slice all by myself. A nice, well-deserved break for all your hard work."

Then maybe he'll see that in the end, business is all about a primal, machismo contest; the power, the beauty of your nuclear, the dominance you have over your sphere of influence, the adrenaline from a tough negotiation and risking trillion credits to outmaneuver your rivals. A concept that is hard for those who were not born to wealth to grasp.

"Then we can have a nice chat over wine from before the gulag plague, hmm?"

COOPERATIVE PARLEY
vKSkm56.png

The Neimoidian's incoherent speech may have appeared peculiar to any reasonable person, as he was fully aware of his replaceability within the Galactic Alliance and the Trade Federation, one missing senator would hardly cause concern when there were thousands of them occupying the high chamber, certainly not with the Alliance preoccupied with the Dark Empire.

It is unlikely that any significant action would be taken beyond a routine investigation by the Strategic Intelligence Agency, which would likely be delayed for several months due to more 'pressing matters'.

The Senator possessed a strategic rational to his seemingly chaotic actions, skillfully extracting information from his polar opposite. Up until now, he had no prior awareness of the individual's residence in the Slice Region, which further validated his earlier argument regarding the tangible resources that the Trade Federation could uncover through probe droids.

"Transitioning away from such rhetoric and enigmatic narratives surrounding my demise, it is not a secret that the Trade Federation has a profound understanding of the Slice Region. Such an understanding is naturally because of our utilization of the Corellian Run, Hydian Way, and the Perlemian Trade Route, which serve as the three primary trade routes within this region as you should be aware." Lodd explained, pouring a glass of wine for himself to calm his nerves and carry on the play of politics with the Skakoan. Overall, it mattered very little if United Zeerno gained the information from himself or other sources.

"There have been rumors, that new organizations are gathering in the region. No doubt trying to take the place of the Hutt Cartels, whose power is rapidly declining despite the New Council's emergence. The Bryn'adul Empire ransacked numerous planets during their reign of terror, leaving what remained wide open to new factories, droid production plants and other ilk of its kind for the Criminal Underworld." He further commented to Dant Zeerno Dant Zeerno .

COOPERATIVE PARLEY

LODD’S ARRAY

Tension once again simmer, and with that, business is back on the table. I sipped my glass of wine as I listened to the Neimoidian answer. The Trade Federation is active in the trade route that borders or crosses through the region, and is inevitably aware of the brewing power that has been tightening their grasp over the region.

"Indeed, Senator. The Bryn'adul was ironically the savior of the region. Long gone are the days where the Slice was controlled by foreign empires and criminal syndicates."

Foreign powers don't understand something about the Slice. They are resource-rich, yes, but managing such a complex mixture of people, species, noble houses, and local criminal syndicates, which foreign powers tend to straight-up ignore, really amplifies the advantage of the region. That we really excel at.

"It's funny how I am feeling proud of that, despite being a foreigner myself. I guess the region has adopted me well, having friends in high places surely does help."

It's not exactly that I am proud of, I'm proud of our effort so far to consolidate power and fend off foreign influences. But that's not enough.

"You heard right. The economy is thriving, and local powers are looking to maintain and even extend our influence there and in the neighbouring regions."

I took another sip, my mind wandering at the recent update we received of hostile movement getting closer and closer.

"We have to, as we do face external threats. The Hutts, as you mentioned, and the Pykes, but also the Mandalorians and Imperials seeking to expand to the area, and with them, their businesses, state-owned and private."

Recon of both factions have been spotted throughout the region's border. There's been a high alert of spies infiltrating local noble houses and government offices. Trying to sow dissent, picking off unamused governments one by one. If the Trade Federation is deep in both factions, they would be able to find such a plan all over their governments.

"I wouldn't be surprised if you have your liaisons within both factions. Business is business, I like good, toxic competition. Gets my adrenaline pumping."

All the more reason for a business agreement with the Trade Federation. We have the money, we have strategic resources, we have manpower. They have the expansion know-hows, they have the extensive network, and we need them to at least be neutral if a conflict is to happen between one of the two factions and one of our proxy states.

"Doesn't mean that it closes the door on the bright future of our collaboration, hmm?"

COOPERATIVE PARLEY
vKSkm56.png

Lodd settled back onto the couch after the cool glass of wine was poured, attentively absorbing each word and sentence spoken by the Skakoan in order to gather additional details about the Slice Region that the Trade Federation could use for their own expansionary efforts in said region.

In order to safeguard their cargo ships from the imminent war that could potentially consume the entire galaxy, they took great care to provide escorts. A substantial amount of money and valuable resources were allocated to sustain their expansive trading network spanning across the vast expanse of the cosmos.

As previously stated, this undertaking was far from inexpensive, thus necessitating the re-negotiation of supplementary contracts with the InterGalactic Banking Clan in order to uphold financial stability, albeit temporarily, until stringent measures could be implemented.

Dant Zeerno emphasized the significance of expansion as an essential strategy to counteract competitors and external forces seeking to undermine the region for their personal interests, disregarding the slice as nothing more than a lucrative area or administrative division.

" Undoubtedly, the Mandalorians and the Lost Imperials are engaged in a fierce rivalry for control of the hyperspace lanes, as the Sith Order has initiated a large-scale conflict against the Empire following the incident on Felucia." Lodd explained, adding more information as to why the Mandalorians and Imperials might be spotted within the Slice Region of the Galaxy.

"The Trade Federation is a respected ally in all agreements. Our primary objective is to uphold unrestricted trade and business across the galaxy. As long as there is no disruption in this regard, we should be in agreement." He further added to Dant Zeerno Dant Zeerno .

Last edited:

COOPERATIVE PARLEY

LODD’S ARRAY

"War is brewing everywhere, Senator, we always knew that this day would come, sooner or later."

This meeting is not a desperate attempt to prepare ourselves for what is to come, nor is it an impulsive action on a fresh intel. This has been planned for a long, long time, all the resources compounded for this exact moment, a meticulously crafted set of actions for when the time comes.

We almost proceeded with the move a couple of moons ago, when the Enclave was declaring their crusade on the Alliance, but our combined wisdom decided against it, and it has borne its fruit.

A multipolar galaxy, an intricate web of conflict, desperate actors taking their shot at the opportunity, perfect targets to cannibalise.

Those are exactly why we need a trusted, capable, and reliable partner.

"We don't intend to disrupt your business, WEEOOWEEOOWRR, a thriving partner only brings good things for all parties."

Not always the case, but it might be on this specific occasion. We do realise that opening the Slice to the Trade Federation's businesses is a risky move, yet foreign interventions are bound to approach anyway. The Mandalorian and one Empire on our border, the Inquisitorial Sith and the whisper of a Banite Sith pair, scouring the galaxy to hunt heretics. If it was to happen, we'd rather it be in our term, with us having the first move.

"I will send you the details of what we need, take some time to discuss it with your colleagues."

In the document is a list of deliverables; strategic planets we are looking to acquire as our ports of entry, our needs to identify persons of interest and the stakeholder analysis, our needs to launder our money through the whole business cycle, and the range of that we are willing to pay for such services, with a note that this initiative will be funded by multiple interested parties.

I'm putting United Zeerno at risk by using it as the only front, but out of everyone, I have the most to gain in this business endeavour. We have to do it.

"When can we expect the next meeting? We, are ecstatic to meet the rest of the Trade Federation."

I put an emphasis on we, hinting that the next meeting is to be attended by other benefactors of this initiative, and hopefully, the directors of the Trade Federation.

"Soon", I whispered under my breath, as I raised my glasses of wine for a clink.

COOPERATIVE PARLEY
vKSkm56.png

The Neimoidian could only nod along to Dant Zeerno Dant Zeerno , absorbing each minute detail and statement, seperating the crucial parts from the unnecessary information. As the conversation progressed, he found himself becoming more and more engrossed in the conversation, eager to learn as much as possible about the potential business partner in front of him.

Despite the limited information provided, the components he had obtained proved to be extremely valuable for the Trade Federation. The Slice Region was on the brink of gaining increased significance, with opportunities for acquiring resources and influence far beyond what was initially anticipated.

Dant Zeerno provided reassurance that their business operations in the region would remain undisturbed, which was a positive beginning. However, there was skepticism regarding their ability to uphold this promise, considering the substantial volume of high-end goods and currency being transported via their freighters and armed transports.

Lodd felt compelled to remind the Federation's Directorate to enhance convoy protection by deploying additional battle droids and implementing heightened security measures just incase United Zeerno got any ideas to swing the balance of power in there favor. His insectoid eyes glanced at the details within the document, finding it all quite interesting to be honest.

"The document is intriguing and will undoubtedly be thoroughly examined, although there is no certainty that the Directorate will choose to participate in our arrangement. Each member is primarily focused on their respective company's activities throughout the galaxy, considering we are a conglomerate of businesses rather than a single entity."

The Neimoidian explained, cautious about letting anyone meet with the Executive Board given the uncertain times the Federation faced, a lack of leadership would not do well to survive the challenges of 901 ABY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom