Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public [Coruscant: Jedi Temple - Training of the Body and Mind]

Raphael had watched, noting the young man's movements as he'd evaded the blasts from the remotes quickly. Evasion was one defense, to be sure. Though the question was, how would he handle a sitation where he couldn't? This was swiftly brought to light, as well, with the instructor bringing that to the fore. Such a situation was quickly made where he couldn't dodge, couldn't get out of the way.

Yet despite the sudden shift, the padawan seemed very determined and began deflect the shots, each one knocked away from harming him, sometimes seemingly at a hair's breadth. His movements were tight and fluid without appearingn forced or rigidly restricted, and even served him well. By the time that the session had ended, the young man was unharmed.

Raphael had heard Valery metion somethingn about the yougn man's master being proud. That would be a good feeling for the padawan to hear about later, to be sure.

"Mm... Well executed, indeed." He muttered, barely audibly, as he stroked his chin in thought. Irksome, was the third form. Little, tight movements, that flowed and weren't too mechanically forced. He found issues with that form. The explosive, and dynamic, manuevers of four, or the precise and calculated dance of two... Either of those seemed quite excellent. He would have to work on three a bit more later. He nodded to Caltin, when the man entered, though for the most part, seemed to be either thinking or analyzing.

Aris Noble Aris Noble Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Valery Noble Valery Noble Mya Windu Mya Windu Nyla Sallaros Nyla Sallaros

Be careful what you wish for.
[/div]​

image_xHeDMa-i_1710005798296_raw.jpg

TAG FRIEND - Mya Windu Mya Windu | Nyla Sallaros Nyla Sallaros | Raphael Gallustrade Raphael Gallustrade | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Aris Noble Aris Noble

TAG FOE -

LOCATION - Coruscant Jedi Temple (*posts after Tython invasion)

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)

Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt

Starship: Spectre, HK-88 (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)

Perhaps it was a good thing that he was currently bereft of emotions, because the big man would not be happy with what the woman standing across from him with the similar surname to his old Vapaad instructor had said. Right now though? Simply no, he just looked at her and then everyone else.

I’m told it is a joke, perhaps before your time.

Taking a few steps, his eyes met the others…

Master Sallaros, I know you by reputation and by library records. Master Vanagor, gratifying to view your face not on a holo-file.

Then there was the Padawan pilot Gallustrade.

I can’t remember your name, but it is gratifying to see you again..Sure, he remembered Raphael, he knew exactly where they met, Caltin just, for some reason could not remember his name. When within arm’s reach of the door to leave, the big man stopped and turned his attention to the Nobles. He was not going to leave without addressing them, he just had something else in mind.

Master Noble, always a pleasure, I must ask. I was planning on heading out today. However is it possible to stay a couple of more days? Caltin had no doubts that not only was it okay, but he did not have to ask, but it was both a “respect” thing, and a way for him to slip his palm within reach of Aris for a “high five”. He may have no emotions at the moment, but the big man was always good around kids, at least most of them.

Last edited:
Jedi Temple Training Grounds

aGc6Py3.png

"I am glad that this opportunity presented itself then." She returned to Catlin's gesture, inwardly contemplating what he'd said about her reputation and what holo records their might be of her in the Jedi archives. While she had spent a great deal of time since her return to the known galaxy making an effort to be the Jedi she had been prior to leaving it, she was modest in her manner of believing that much would be recorded of her outside of her duties to the order. Regardless she gave a gentle smile to the man while watching him make motion to acknowledge the Grandmaster and the young boy that she now acknowledged to be her son. While she knew little of Catlin, his aura told her that he was much more knowing than the trained mind would understand.

Slipping inwardly again, she shifted her gaze between the woman she'd engaged upon her arrival and the boy that was now being engaged by master Vanagor. She had known members of the order to hold exceptional skill, but it was rare for her to have instance to really ponder it. To study it first hand in close proximity. This was entirely due to the fact that she spent a great deal of her time cooped up in her chambers meditating on the state of the galaxy and her feelings on how she'd left things with a number of those she'd encountered when she'd returned to the order.

Choosing this moment as a good time to stretch herself in areas she was less than proficient in, though not entirely unskilled, she rose to her feet and strode to the center of the chamber. Once there she again shrugged off her cloak and laid it to rest on the bench she'd placed it on earlier. She then laid her hands on the sabers at her waist that she always kept with her. While many Jedi in the temple seemed keen to keep their weapons tucked away in light of the safety that the temple provided them, she did not feel that she needed to do the same were an instance that she needed them were to arise. Her time extragalactic had taught her to always be prepared; despite what her training dictated.

Closing her eyes and taking a breath, she centered herself just long enough to get a sense for the entirety of her surroundings. It had been a great deal of time since she had practiced her movements, but there was no denying that she had felt inspired by the show of action between the knight and padawan just minutes before. She calmly pulled on of her sabers hilts from her belt and grasped it firmly in her hand before her. The cold metal of it ran a chill along her skin and with that feeling crawling up her spine to the back of her neck she drew in another slow breath and turned to the others in the room.

"I don't suppose I could trouble any of you to assist me in a bit of practice myself? I admit I've not used these in many years."

Raphael smiled to Caltin, nodding. He hadnn't see the man in such a llong time... He couldn't help himself. Old friends. He wondered, sometimes, how good such a thing was. With a bit of sadness, he nodded to Caltin, head bwign a bit.

"May the Force be with you, sir. It's good to see you again." His voice was strong, as always. He watched Valery and thenn Aris, for a moment, smiling. Based on the glance the young man had give Valery, he suspected some kind of connection betwee the two, but didn't want to question it.

He looked over as the other Master asked for assistance in, what Raphael would call "shaking off the rust". For a moment all he could do was to watch.. But... perhaps, just this once...

"I, uh, I wouldn't mind assisting, though I'm not exactly the greatest at lightsaber combat, as of yet. I've, mm... I've been working on it. Ah, and, apologies. I'm Raphael."

aGc6Py3.png

"I welcome the assistance," she breathed calmly as she saw the man who had, up until this point by her perspective, been rather silent. Turning herself just a bit more while moving towards a more comfortable position within the center ring of the training ground, she extended a hand for him to join her while she acknowledged his words. "There is no need for such modesty, Raphael, as I assure you that your talent is just as well contributed as any other in this room. It is when we apply ourselves that we continue to understand the extent of our own abilities."

Sliding her free hand off the remaining saber hilt on her belt, she focused her mind on the single blade instead as she lowered it to her side. While she was capable of dueling with two sabers at once, trained extensively in the saber art that was Jar Kai, she knew that as a master she should consider the others ability before her own. And, as it was tactful, this session would be best done with one saber in light of her own lack of exercise.

"Whenever you are ready we can begin," she uttered with a sounded sternness in her tone as she flicked a setting switch on her saber to change it's damage level to stun. She found it a miracle that she remembered how to change such settings with her last real experience with them being hundreds of years ago. Nonetheless she brushed that thought from her mind and ignited the saber, it's blue sheen reflecting dully off the floor and her robes as she waited for Raphael to join her. "Allow me to make my own assessment of your talent with a lightsaber."

Raphael stepped forward, towards the master, as she drew her hilt and ignited a blue saber. There was a moment of hesitation as his hands shook. He kept his gaze remained resolute, however, and unbuttoned his jacket, and reached into it, before pulling out the hilt of his lightsaber. It was basic, simple, made of metal and had no ornamentation or decoration. It was a rather simple blade, but he liked it.

He could feel his shoulders tense, his legs lock and his arms freeze.

Breathe

A single word, and one that so long ago, he needed to use. With a deep breath, his shoulders relaxed, his stance loosened a bit, and he shook his arms out a bit. With a faint movement, a silver blade came from the hilt with a quietened hiss. It made him exceedingly happy that he hadn't gotten far enough with Adeline. If he had... well, he wouldn't have met most of these people...

He knew how to start it, at the very least... One form that he enjoyed, or rather, that resonnated with him. He raised his blade in front of his face and performed the makashi salute, the twirl making an X before him as he stands at the ready. He nneeded to focus on giving her his best, but she wasn't threateing him. This was't Adeline all over again.

"I'm ready whenever you are, ma'am."

aGc6Py3.png

It felt heavy in her hand as she waited for the other man to prepare himself. The chill of the metal having subsided there was only the small inkling of unfamiliarity left as she rolled the hilt between her thumb and palm. Then, as that sensation dissipated, she opened herself to the room once more and the man across from her in preparation for the session to come. Feeling the sense of unease that washed over him until the saber in his hands ignited and his thoughts turned from what she believed to be past conflict to present circumstance. He was ready.

Lifting her gaze to meet his own, noting quickly the Makashi salute, she tilted the blade diagonally before her from her right hip to her left shoulder; a traditional Djem-so stance. It was her preferred form amongst the seven and one that she favored extensively over the centuries while keeping the others in ready practice.While she hadn't had a great deal of experience dueling other Jedi, or even Sith, she understood the principles of both forms well enough to know that, with the wrong execution. Makashi was the better suited form.

"Very well, let me see what you can do." She breathed as her demeanor shifted fluidly from one of composure and serenity to one of hardened determination. Her first move was to close the distance between them and hopefully instigate the principles of his form. If he attacked she would counter, if he retreated she would pursue defensively, but first she had to test his position. Balancing her weight as she took a few steps forward she gripped her saber with both hands and made for a very basic, and easily parried, slash aimed for his right elbow.

His mind was quiet, as she took her stance; immediately he began studying her in her entirety, taking in her movements and the slightest shift of her muscle. Somethings that he'd learned from his time with Adeline still had their uses, after all. He watched as her face changed, the calm giving way to steel, the soft and fluid giving way to a strength all its own. He didn't know where she'd strike, though he didn't imagine that she'd go incredibly hard on him. Though, that being said, he'd been wrong before.

Her form and stance were very nearly perfect, from what he'd read of djem so, and he worked to recall what he knew of it. It was a form of strength, made to overwhelm one's opponent through sheer power. That could be difficult to deal with, even with her taking it easy on him. He didn't need to win, didn't even really need to push her. That was something he kept telling himself. Calm your arms.

She moved at him, making a very telegraphed strike towards his right elbow, that would've been aimed to hinder his ability to fight back. In response, he moved his feet, shifting his weight and position ever so slightly to his left and angled his blade to catch hers and allow it to glide away from him. He moved his wrist slightly to push her blade away from him, before he went in to thrust his blade forward. Thankfully, he'd remember to move the blade to stun settings, before they'd started.

With the practiced grace she had, he had no concerns that she'd manage to evade or counter him handily, and yet he was as curious as to what she could do, as she was to see his own skill. In a contest such as this, he felt like he could, at least, allow himself some room to breath, and to be. To answer her blade's call with his own, and to let out the truth of who he was.

Mya Windu Mya Windu Valery Noble Valery Noble Aris Noble Aris Noble Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Nyla Sallaros Nyla Sallaros

aGc6Py3.png

As predictable as her own stroke had been, so was his. A twist of his wrist and his blade angled to turn hers aside, a move that fell into form with her anticipation. While Makashi was a form of grace, discipline and elegance it was one she understood to be centralized on to and fro saber to saber combat that made the interjection of his thrust a move she could compensate for. So, with a shift of her weight towards him, angling her up as she pulled the hilt downwards, she side stepped away from the thrust into a position to counter with a more aggressive move.

Drawing in a breath, pulling the Force into herself to guide her motions, she flexed her muscles to apply acute pressure to the hilt in a manner that she could thrust her blade in the direction of his own and shove it outwards to his left. The hum and crackle of the blades colliding telling her that her motion had connected, she pushed hard into the blade before continuing her motion to his right. Pivoting her weight onto her back foot, keeping her blade aloft between his own and her body, she took a wide step to her left and with a quick spin and twirl of her blade, to cover her back were he to take another strike towards her, she resumed her assault with yet another strike aimed at his right side.

This time however, in comparison to her previous show of testing the waters, her posture and aggression reflected more of the power behind the assertive stance of Form V. The strike coming downwards from above her left shoulder took a sharp angle downwards from his right shoulder towards his left hip. While her left hand had hung poised close to her body as she spun it was now once again gripping the hilt of her saber to apply expert control. This was a strike intended to make its mark.

Raphael knew that there would be a gap between the two of them, one that would no doubt seem insurmountabe and so he kept reminding himself that she'd been in this position once before. Yet the way that she shifted her weight, as she parried his strike, the way that she moved. He was not expecting it. Yet he could not afford the loss of preparedness that surprise brought, the sudden dropping of one's guard.

The Force churned and swirled about her as she made her move, the parry pushing his blade up and away from her, as she then proceeded to her strike. The blades clashed, he felt his own being pushed to the left. He saw the light of sparks as she moved, keeping her blade between his and her body, meawhile she swung at him again. He did what he could to mitigate the swing, another beat parry to knock the attack aside, though it kept goig and he made a half step of a retreat.

She was overpowering him.

It was a issue he'd foound with makashi, was that there was less power to go into swings. The form was about precision, control, flow and nuance... He'd have to find a way around this.

She was bringing another strike to bear, his mind raced with what to do, with how he could respond. He realized that her strike was far stronger and with more leverage, and he hopped back a step, as her lightsaber grazed across his belt and hip. A half second's delay and he'd have been dead. Though she most assuredly wasn't going annywhere near all out, he still couldn't help but curse himself, menntally, while resetting. This was a useful learning opportunity, however. He quickly reset, showing a willingness to continue.

He stepped forward and to her right, makign a prodding swipe at her right arm. Now he was the onne testing...

Mya Windu Mya Windu Aris Noble Aris Noble Valery Noble Valery Noble Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Nyla Sallaros Nyla Sallaros

aGc6Py3.png

There was no denying his talent. A notion that she solidified as she resolved to execute her present maneuver. For as her blade made to cross before his body along his belt, she hadn't missed his quick back step to avoid the brunt of the slash. A practical but functional application of the Makashi form that allowed one to exploit their own personal balance in the heat of battle. Retreating to give oneself a momentum lost in the presence of another's power. Committing her observation of his performance to active mind, watching his every move as she made her own movement, any air of surprise that may slip from her mind was not at his next strike.

She was surprised her muscles remembered her chosen form in such precision.

Grinding her left foot to a halt, keeping it pointed directly towards him as a means to guide her continual movement, she felt the Force ease her body into an open posture. Her saber held in her right hand, her left hand hovering just slightly forward from a resting position at her side, she centered her focus on his movements as he recuperated from her assault and rebounded into a prod towards her right arm. A simple move in the eyes of the inexperienced, but one more complex to those who understood Makashi.

Again she angled her saber, gripping the hilt in her hand in a manner that tilted it in an upwards angle towards his face, and with a single motion she thrust her arm out towards his saber. Drawing on the density of her own bones and the strength of her muscles around them, she intended to bash away his saber in a way that would again cause him to back pedal. That motion executed, the sound of the sabers clashing briefly filling the air, she took a strong and quick two step towards him with her saber held in the same position as prior to her strike.

With a slow breath, she closed her eyes in a brief moment of centering as the Force flowed through her. Then, as the moment subsided, her eyes slowly opened and she took another step towards him. She could see he was capable with a valid distance from his opponent, but she wanted to see how he handled when an opponent was too close for thrusts.

Raphael had not experienced this feeling, this back and forth of the blade... Subconsciously, he was aware of the others within the room, but consciously, he was only in the moment. He was enjoying himself, more than he had in most of the training sessions so far. This was like training with Adeline but here there was no fear, here, just excitement. He was doing his best to curb his enthusiasm for what they were doing.

Her next move surprised him, as their two sabers clashed, she knocked his saber away with a much more powerful strike. His blade went up and he had to fight the urge to panic and step back. Fights and brawls on Nar Shaddaa flooded back to his mind, as he recalled how the larger, stronger, guys loved to do feints, block, get in close and cause you to doubt.

Don't doubt. Stay calm. Step back. She took two steps, not one. She's trying to pressure me, keep me from using thrusts... Adapt. Remember Shaddaa.

He took a deep breath, exhaling, along with her, and as she stepped in, he made no attempts to retreat further. There was nothing else. No one else. There was the moment. Focus. And move, he stepped around faintly, a low diagonal cut, towards her left side, quick and precise. She would parry and counter.

Trust in the Force. Not your eyes.

Mya Windu Mya Windu Valery Noble Valery Noble Aris Noble Aris Noble Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Nyla Sallaros Nyla Sallaros

aGc6Py3.png

She could feel his excitement as he reacted to their duel. It was a reaction she wasn't entirely familiar with but one that was welcome nonetheless. It had been some time since she had allowed herself to enjoy something as trivial as a training duel, the last instance having been some centuries ago when she was resting on a planet near her father's home world. In truth she welcomed the sensation as it emanated from him before his focus was realigned and he brought his attention back to from it's momentary reflection and back to the duel.

He then made his next move and with a flick of her eyes she made her decision on how she would respond.

Continuing with her momentum as her steps guided her weight towards him, she noted his movements that indicated a shift to the left and with a small twist of her body to compensate for the motion, she twisted her arm and brought her saber over to meet his own. Instead of pushing his saber away, however, she opted for a different approach that stood testament to the form she was practicing. Her blade meeting his, the sparks and crackle as they connected filling the chamber, she exercised her physical strength. Twisting her own blade upwards and towards him, her free hand coming to join the other on the hilt to bolster the motion, she began to make an effort to turn his own blade upon himself.

While it was not a traditional counter it was a move that often occurred during duels. If one could not control the radical and swift sweeps of the opponents blade they opted to control their opponents blade by force. She knew she could keep up with his thrusts and slashes, but his resolve urged her to push his limits. How would he fair in a saber lock.

He kept his movements controlled and curtailed. Where he would normally make broader movemets to confused for a shot with his blaster, here he moved minimally, conserving as much energy as he could. The slash was also controlled, using enough momentum to where he could strike, while preserving enough to be able to withdraw and pull away, if needed.

Then, she changed the game.

As she pivoted and brought her blade right up against his, she forced a lock. This was somethig he hadn't been expecting and, once more, he focused to fight back the panic. Something like this could very well happen in an actual duel. He could fight a sith that got tired of him just batting them around and just decided to hold him in place. Then, with a superior strength from the form the Jedi Master was using, he felt his blade being pushed at him. Slowly, but surely, it was being forced.

Adapt. I'm not beaten, yet. There's still a chance to continue. Trust in the Force, follow its flow. Find the way.

He breathed as he watched the blade inch closer. That's when it hit him. The Jedi way was not matching power with power. When your opponent was fighting harder or stronger... the you need to fight smarter. As the blade draw closer, his backfoot slid in a semi-circle, around his body, his hips pivoting with it, as he, instead, spun around her, pulling their blades together, before flourishing his own to break the lock ad use her momentum to carry her forward and away from him.

Mya Windu Mya Windu Aris Noble Aris Noble Valery Noble Valery Noble Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Nyla Sallaros Nyla Sallaros

aGc6Py3.png

Again and again he impressed her with his ability to adapt. With every motion she made he would draw himself inward as a means to center his mind and divert the bubbling waves of panic she could sense in the deepest parts of his aura. He did not let them consume him, something that she knew would lead to fear and ultimately desperation, and it almost brought a smile to her face as she contemplated what the extent of his ability to wield the Force was in contrast or parallel to his talent with a lightsaber.

She did not have the luxury of focusing her thoughts on such matters, of course, as no sooner had she propagated a saber lock did he manage to impress her with a maneuver that brought him away from the subjectively deadly position. He dropped his weight onto his back foot and pivoted into a swivel that brought him away from her front and to her side, slipping away from the lock and potentially sending her forward into a free fall were the Force not guiding her movements.

Continuing, yet again, with her momentum as he put her into a somewhat more awkward position, she made a quick flurry with her saber by spinning it between them as she twisted on her foremost foot to face him again. Her back foot sliding into position in an open posture, her saber coming to a halt in her right hand firmly, she met his gaze and allowed herself to smile just a bit as the exhilaration and excitement culminated themselves. For the first time in centuries she was feeling a live in a way that she could not describe.

Taking a pause, her breathing becoming even and paced again contrast to the heavier breaths that she had unconsciously been experiencing, she lowered her saber below her hip and drew in a slow and calculated breath to allow her composure to shift fluidly from battle ready to sagely finesse.

"You did well, padawan. Your mastery of focus is equal to your ability to adapt quickly on your feet," she started as she extinguished her saber and took a few moments to pace in a half circle around him; observing his posture as she did so. "You do not carry yourself like a traditional student, however, unless my observation is wrong. Do you presently have a master?"

The question was direct, but something within him was tugging her towards the notion. While the direct approach could be consider abrasive, she felt it was the swiftest way to elicit the response she sought.

He watched, waiting for her counter-attack, eyes studying her movements carefully as she caught herself soon after his attempt to throw her off balance. She pivoted and spun around to face him, saber spinning between them. Their gaze met and his focus stayed, the calculating gaze watching her, as he prepared himself mentally. Though, suddenly, she smiled and slowly, he lowered his guard, taking a deep breath, he allowed his laboured breathing to slowly return to normal. He hadn't even noticed that he'd been breathing heavier...

Every step that they'd taken had been a wonderful step in the waltz that had brought him to a feeling of a new height. Surely, had she been going all out, fighting for real... he knew that she would have defeated him but... Slowly his body relaxed, as he slowly stood back to his full height. His stance relaxed, and his lightsaber silently disengaged. He stood straight and with his feet shoulder length apart.

"Thank you very much," he replied with a bow of his head, though her question suddenly caused him to blink. "O-Oh! I do not, no, though I make sure to attend classes when they are offered, and have been doing as much training with both my lightsaber, as well as meditation and what few techniques of the Force that I know."

He watched, at a bit more respectful attention, as she walked about him, in a half circle. The strangest thing was that, even with their spar over, he still alive, and he felt like he had before he'd been captured by Adeline. All were worthy of respect, but he this had brought that same spark as he once had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom