Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Council Assignment: Odacer-Faustin

Three days prior.

Arrived in: Stealth Corvette

Interacting With: Moya Virtu Moya Virtu

"You had me worried, Nathan." Moya said as she watched him force down a bowl of oatmeal. The scar on his cheek had yet to heal properly.

"We haven't talked for weeks."

"Your concern is noted." Nathan said, holding a pack of ice to his head. He had barely made it off Ukatis. He had needed to be in the Bacta Tank for quite a while and he still wasn't a hundred percent. He rested on the couch of their now fully repaired and renovated luxury space station that had served as their hideout. It was mostly automated still. Workers were on vacation. The station was in orbit above Coruscant's sun.

The aged but still gorgeous doppelganger of his own master, Moya De Lifte sat across from him. He really hadn't been the same since Ukatis.

Seeing the devastating aftermath had started to make him wonder how dead The Gulag Era actually was. It had brought him back to a time where lawlessness and anarchy reigned supreme.

Diseases. Theft. Violence. Everywhere.

He was not surprised by it. He was too numb emotionally to be horrified.

But that didn't mean he liked it, or that he wanted it to spread.

Moya sat across from him, petting her old, aging rabbit Cortosis, the only living remnant of her time with his daughter... Laertia...

He was older now. Slower. But still one of the friendliest animals Nathan had ever encountered.

He was reaching the end of his life span. Moya had taken excellent care of him. But he was eating less, drinking less. He still loved being cuddled. Nathan liked the brown rabbit. He also knew how important it was for Moya's emotional state that she take care of something. His master had been the same way. This android copy had his master's best qualities in some ways. It was partly why he had gotten used to her.

"I heard about Ukatis."

"Eh, it was a planet of stuffy noblemen. They might not have deserved the short end of the stick, but I ain't losing sleep over it. My bigger concern is the damage to Thyferra." He replied as he forced some oatmeal into his mouth.

"You mean the Bacta Planet? Yeah... that'll make things difficult." Moya admitted. "But it's a tragedy what happened."

"Yes." he conceded. "It is. But I have a plan."

(Cutaway of Dutch Van Der Linde shooting Cornwall)

"And what would that be?"

Nathan looked down at his bowl...

"There was a world my father showed me when I was young. I dunno it...might be able to offset this disaster..."

"The name of this world?"

"Kytrand." Nathan answered. "In fact, it's coordinates are somewhere I would like you to go and scout. I don't want you to land, just...scout."

Moya's face scrunched in curiosity.

"What's at Kytrand that could help?"

"It'd be a fairer question to ask what's not at Kytrand, if I'm right..."

Moya gave a little self amused snort.

"Keep pretending you don't care, Nate. It's positively adorable."

He didn't reply to this, just continued to eat his food.

"Jax Thio is my master." He said suddenly.

Moya went silent. Then she gave a slow, sarcastic clap.

"Of all the people you had to get...you had to get my one time boyfriend?" She asked, incredulous. "Nathan, are you trying to get caught? Or is it more like you're some weird-ass masochist who wants to make chit as difficult as possible for yourself?"

"It just happened, alright. The Force...willed it. You can complain if you want...that is one luxury I can not afford myself..."

"If he finds out I'm working with you, if he even suspects--"

"I'll be careful. Besides, I left you a large enough rainy day supply you can flee."

"But I don't want to flee, Nathan." Moya replied as she rose, going over to place a hand on his shoulder.

"I don't want to abandon you the way I did your daughter. I don't want to see you make the same mistakes she did, make an enemy out of The Jedi Order as she did." Moya confessed.

"I am not The Order's enemy. If anything, I'm the least of their problems. Y'know..." he trailed, taking another spoonful and swallowing, contemplating.

"My Dad, he'd tell me stories of The Order's tactical blunders. Their Head-In-The-Sand management. I saw a bit of airheads in my day, who, for whatever reason, couldn't appreciate the fact law and order had broken down, and were unable to adjust accordingly. We're close to that state, whether they will admit it or not. I always wondered what a fully functional and operational Jedi Order would look like..."

He grimaced even more than he usually did, the tinted viewport hitting his face with heavily filtered sunlight.

"I am...skeptical...of the benefits of its current structure."

"Spoken like a true Padawan." Moya teased playfully.

Nathan half heartedly rolled his eyes, causing her to chuckle more.

"Your assignment...are you taking him with you?"

"I have to, Moya, he's my master..." Nathan replied.

"Be careful, Nathan. It's a Sith World. Terrible atrocities were committed there..."

"I'll be careful."

"Honestly, Nathan, I think you're taking too many risks. It's been a long time since you truly had a Master... you're going to be under closer scrutiny. You might not be ready for that."

"I have dual citizenship in the Trade League and Alliance Space. Duties to the Jedi in the Dagobah Temple as much as I have in the Coruscant Temple. His chances of being fully able to monitor me are slim."

"And what if you develop a Force bond between Master and Apprentice?"

"No chance of that. Syd's...connection to me would drown it in flames..."

"You don't know that..." Moya said concerned. Her hand reached out to touch Nathan's. He flinched, pulling it back slightly.

"All my bonds are cursed." he said quietly, rising up. "He would gain nothing but a head full of bad memories."

"And the truth..." Moya pointed out, saying the quiet part out loud.

"That's what you really don't want, is it?" She questioned. "You don't want him to know the truth."

"The truth is like fast food..." Nathan muttered, downing another spoonful.

"Some people want too much of it."

Present.

Nathan had given Moya the coordinates. If anything happened to him, Moya would disclose those coordinates.

He had arrived in the early dawn of Coruscant, His Stealth Corvette, heavily aged and having undergone adhoc renovations on the fly over the past few months headed to the Temple

The only way they were reaching Odacer-Faustin was by not getting detected.

Nathan had the ship piloted by B1 Pilot Droids who also oversaw ship maintenance as he prepared the weapons and equipment in the armory. Jax, he knew, had questions about him. He didn't blame him. Nathan was not a typical Padawan.

There were no records of him before being encountered in the ruins of a temple at Sullust. Nothing. No birth records. No criminal history. No medical records. He never let the temple healers have a go at him. He treated his own wounds. His interactions with other Padawans, Knight's, Masters, was noted by this point as infamously stilted and formal, as if he barely understood how to have a conversation. He was never rude, or hostile. But it was like talking to a statue that could talk back.

In spite of being thoroughly prepared, having acquired cold weather gear and a plethora of weapons, Moya's words haunted him still.

Syd picked up in his distress, but didn't reach out, because all his thoughts towards her were nothing but bile. It was telling he treated Vera, a cold blooded monster, and Lynda, the Demon of Jedha, with more respect than he did Syd Celsius.

They had a powerful bond in the Force. But Nathan could never, ever embrace it.

He waited outside the ship for Jax Thio Jax Thio , in his pitch black biker clothes, Moya's words echoing in his skull. His expression ever grim.

Inwardly, he wondered if Jax had gotten that robe he had anonymously sent him...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom