Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crumbling Atlantis | AoC & EE

Darth Manius

D
rd7bMY.png

[SIZE=12pt]Location: Buffet[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]Wearing: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/564020471084089345/646458573265567773/unknown.png]Turtle Neck on Fleek
[SIZE=12pt]Tags: [member="Madalena Antares"] [member="Kyrinov"][/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Leeroy once again pit the cigarra in his oral recipercator to inhale. He didn’t really the music playing so he turned into to some radio waves like he would when he was a Verpine and listened to some music he found more appealing. Specifically some punk rock, which was probably his favorite genre. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]After that he heard someone speak to him, over the music and tuned out the cacophonous tones to listen to them comment on seeing a droid smoking. After that all his red optical sensors spun around to look at a focus in on the woman. Providing him with a practically perfect image of her. The first thing he noticed was what she was wearing. Which he found surprisingly attractive for what looked to be a human female. It instantly back with his particular Verpine colony on Raxus prime. Which did things a bit differently by having a queen that was responsible for laying all the eggs. So seeing this woman with such a tight dress that seemed to exaggerate her features and remind him of his former queen’s large ovipositor, which he found very attractive.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“Oh, well I’m not actually a droid, well, at least not 100%. My old noggin and a few other bits and pieces are somewhat organic. But I don’t blame you for thinking that sweetheart.” He said, there being a bit of swagger in his voice and mannerisms as he spoke to the woman. “But if you really want to know how I work my magic, I just use my air filter, which acts more like fish gills the lungs, and use the internal fanning to “inhale”. Then reverse it to exhale. Pretty impressive right? I engineered that clever bit myself, but it was no big deal.” He added after answering her question. Obviously bragging to try and impress her at the same time.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“The name’s Leeroy, what about you gorgeous?”[/SIZE]

The affliction which currently gnawed at the miracle-maker's cheek was, to be certain, an irritant of the highest caliber. He had not originally intended to go to the social event whilst still under the effects of a malediction, but a last minute transference had rendered an unsightly blight upon his face. The gaudy lesion was possessed of enough class to avoid leaking like a lanced pustule, at least, though there was an undeniable itching to it which caused the medicinally minded wanderer to occasionally outstretch a wriggling digit underneath his mask in an ineffectual attempt at soothing the affliction. It was, naturally, some manner of leprous growth, though the exact nature of the fasciitis was lost; he was fairly certain that it qualified as such, though his medicinal knowledge was not quite so spectacular as his ability to cure might have indicated.

Regardless of the itching terror hidden beneath his mask, the Wonderworker was taking full advantage of the social gathering, mingling hither and thither with the dignitaries and guests who had found themselves present. His uncovered hands had already made a sampling of a number of organisms, the handshakes he offered serving both as the typical greeting one might have expected from a reasonably adjusted member of society, and also as a chance for the miracle-maker to analyze the specimens before him, his power seizing through their systems for a beautiful moment like a spark of lightning and alerting him to any easily apparent conditions. He made no move to provide assistance to those gathered, naturally, but he documented whatever information he came across for later consideration, making small notes within a PDA he carried as to the diseases and conditions he had uncovered, and in whom.

Desperation quickly wrought its way through the minds of the sick and the afflicted, considered the dark healer, and it would be prudent to keep tabs on those whose maladies might one day escalate into more lethal forms. The ability to 'cure' those problems would likely bring a number of favors and rewards, and while he didn't pride his personality on being particularly verminous as some of his companions, he was not prone to refusing a suitable bribe when it came to utilizing his gift for others.

In the meantime, it would be prudent to make friends with all of those gathered together, and to relax somewhat from the usual rushing and work associated with the organization of anarchists. Besides, for all of his lack of social anguish - this gathering wasn't altogether so different from those he had attended in his time as a youth - he recognized that he had not made many personal allies. If ever the higher-ups of the organization decided that he was no longer necessary to attain their goals, it would not be so problematic for them to simply purge him from existence, and that frightening concept urged the masked man onward in his attempt to socialize and schmooze with whomever was present.

Spying a particularly delectable cluster of grapes was enough to draw the attention of veiled eyes, and bare fingers promptly began to sneak the sweet fruits underneath of his mask, popping them into his mouth and savoring the flavor of the snacks. As he snacked, the miracle-maker became aware of the presence of both an animal within the area, as well as a malfunctioning droid with smoke apparently pouring out of its orifices. An unfortunate lack of filtering capability, considered the Wonderworker, acknowledging the excellence of living respiratory systems in stark contrast to machine amalgamations.

[member="Madalena Antares"] | [member="Leeroy"] | [member="Kyrinov"]

rd7B5p.png
Attn: Scherezade deWinterhttps://starwarsrp.net/user/17618-scherezade-dewinter/ | Ingrid L'lerim | Cero Pax | Darth Tacitushttps://starwarsrp.net/user/15750-darth-tacitus/ | Renn Garrick | Open
Equipment: x1 Heavily Modified Rearguard ‘Giant’ Armor, x1 Heavily Modified, Single-Person KC-M5 Heavy Machinegunhttps://starwarsrp.net/topic/141774-kc-m5-heavy-machinegun/, x1 KC-249 General Purpose Repeating Blaster, x4 KC-95 Blaster Pistols, Red Giant Lightsaber

Juggernaut sat comfortably on board a Gamma Series Titan-pattern Armored Heavy Transport in the cargo hold flanked by two members of the Rearguard, his personal company of bodyguards and logistics. The Eternal Empire had deployed him alongside a platoon of Ultranauts to commandeer, assigning him a convoy responsible for locating a few ancient relics and bringing them back to the temporary staging grounds a few clicks away from the ancient ruins.

The long convoy comprised of Juggernaut's Armored Heavy Transport in the center with an Echo-class Lykos Pattern Armored Utility Vehicle behind it, which carried a highly sensitive sensor array to scan for relics. In front and behind these two core vehicles, eight KV-1601 'Warthog' Protected Mobility Vehicles drove quickly, occasionally leading ahead to check the roads ahead.

The first target Juggernaut was assigned was the remains of a military outpost or installation within one of the larger valleys of the asteroid. As the convoy began encircling the entrance to the valley, the Ultranauts began setting up temporary covers and creating earthen walls. The fortifications seemed a bit excessive, yet the presence of potentially hostile enemies made Juggernaut wary of being unprepared.

As Juggernaut departed from the Armored Heavy Transport, an Ultranaut saluted him before inquiring, "Sir, temporary fortifications are complete and the men have deployed the heavy weaponry. Shall the main expeditionary force proceed with the explorations?"

Taking a deep breath, he sighed before unholstering the KC-M5 Heavy Machinegun from his back. Unlocking the safety and bolting the chamber, he responded, "I will be leading the Ultranauts inside with my Rearguards. The Lykos Pattern Armored Utility Vehicle will trail behind the force, and I will be taking point, of course."

The Ultranaut saluted once again and mustered the sixteen Ultranauts assigned to the platoon. They were divided into four four-man squads, fanning out from Juggernaut leading the force alongside his two Rearguards.

"Juggernaut to Base. Entering Ruins Triple-Alpha-Zero-Nine-Five. Priority level: Severe. Planetary scans indicate the strong presence of stygium crystals. Investigations proceeding."

"Huh." After some time walking the corridors of the asteroid, Cero found himself peering into the abyss of an empty turbolift shaft. A marker outside the door indicted that he was currently on "L1", which probably meant level one. Unholstering his RSKF, he fired the blaster pistol down into the depths, the bolt illuminating the shaft on it's way down, until it collided with a surface about a dozen meters below. There wasn't much else to be seen or done where he was currently, and he wasn't to keen on chatting with the others either, so he figured a little exploring couldn't hurt.

Without a moving start, Cero dropped into the shaft, activating his rocket boots about halfway down, and enjoyed a paced descent downward until he landed with a clank. His HUD naturally switch the low-light, giving him a nightvision-esque vision of his surroundings. In front of him was a closed doorway. He approached it, and with effort, and the assistance of his crushgaunts, managed to pry it open.

"The hell was this place?" The layout of the level, L6, looked like a medical or research center. Every room could be observed from the outside by a wide viewport. Most of them were cracked, for whatever though. Inside a few he could make out equipment like scanners, terminals, tools, most of it useless and uninteresting, to him at least. Tactitus's little team of drones would probably trip over themselves to see what was here. "Lord Tacitus-", he spoke into his comlink, only to receive weird static interference in response. "Lord Tacitus? Come in. L'lerim. Anybody?" More interference. "Haar'chak", he swore. Damned place must be made from phrik or something.

With no communication with the others, Cero figured to just continue with his exploration, and report back anything else he found later.

Tags: [member="Darth Tacitus"], [member="Juggernaut"], [member="Ingrid L'lerim"]

rd7B5p.png
Wearing: Enviro-suit
Wielding: Several knives beneath the suit
Tags: [member="Ingrid L'lerim"] [member="Karlie Lynn Destat"] [member="Darth Tacitus"] [member="Nerulic"] [member="Mythos"] | + Open
reZtUD.gif

Confederate? Scherezade narrowed her eyes, looking first to [member="Darth Tacitus"] and then to the general direction of [member="Karlie Lynn Destat"]. Sure, somewhere in the back of her mind, she knew the blonde was a Confederate, they'd both, heck, no, the three of them, damnit, no, the four- Okay. Pause. Re-calculate. Scherezade herself, Tacitus, Karlie, and Ingrid, had all been Confederates. More or less around the same time. If Karlie was here, wouldn’t logic dictate that, like the rest of them, there was more than just met the eye?

But no. Scherezade resisted the urge to facepalm as he gave Karlie three seconds to comply. "Really, this is unnecessary," she pointed out, but mostly because she had no idea Karlie was calling her Scherawanda inside of her head. If she'd known, she'd have encouraged the Eternal Empire guns to give her two seconds instead of three. Even if said encouragement within its own would take a full five seconds. And now the perimeter was surrounded.

That was… Serious overkill at this point. Karlie was one. Her ship didn't even seem that loaded with potential threats. She felt sorry for the poor girl. Most people would've been terrified at the display. Karlie seemed to be keeping her wits about her though. Except for that whole Scherondea thing, about which Scherezade knew not a thing about.

Another person ([member="Mythos"]) joined them.

Sighing, Scherezade took a few steps closer to Karlie, elegantly ignoring the guns that were now by default aimed at her as well, in that very Scherezade-way that would sometimes drive Tacitus into annoyance way back when.

"She's good," she said, raising her chin at them all, "I vouch for her. If you take issue with that, shoot me. Good luck."

They could look into the encrypted message later. For now, they ought to mostly get on with it.

rd7B5p.png

Wearing: Sk-UL Mk2 Armor
Weapons: KC-M74S Designated Marksman Rifle | KC-47 Hybrid Strike Rifle | KC-95 Blaster Pistol | Lucius-pattern Bayonet
Tags: [member="Scherezade deWinter"] @Mythos @Karlie Lynn Destat [member="Darth Tacitus"] [member="Ingrid L'lerim"] +Open

At the motion of Darth Tacitus’s hand snapping to his sword, Nerulic and his squad’s rifles rose alongside the Wolfguard’s. His blood went cold upon hearing Darth Tacitus’s commands. Confederate. It took almost all of his willpower just to avoid squeezing the trigger. The two Wolfguards approached while Nerulic stayed in place, he knew his role.

With Tacitus’s hand gestures the squad sprang into action, forming a defensive perimeter around the expedition team, alert for any other unexpected guests. He faced away, observing the landscape and listened as the dilemma unfolded. "Really, this is unnecessary," Scherezade spoke, and he scoffed. "I vouch for her. If you take issue with that, shoot me. Good luck." With that new threat it took almost all Nerulic had to avoid spinning around and aiming his sniper towards the side of Scherezade’s head. In fact he almost spoke out to egg on the Sith. It was impossible to tell he was a Chiss under his armor, but his hatred for them boiled.

A bead of sweat rolled down his face and he bit his tongue. He knew his place and wouldn’t speak his thoughts aloud, but he hoped beyond anything she would get herself in a situation where he could turn around and end both of their lives.

For Copero.

Wearing: Sk-UL Mk2 Armor
Weapons: KC-M2 Portable Missile Launcher (2 frag, 2 armor piercing, 1 incendiary) | KC-47 Hybrid Strike Rifle | KC-95 Blaster Pistol | Lucius-pattern Bayonet | Grenades (2 frag, 2flash, 1 decoy) | Multifunctional Entrenching Tool
Tags: [member="Nerulic"] [member="Scherezade deWinter"] [member="Ingrid L'lerim"] [member="Darth Tacitus"] [member="Karlie Lynn Destat"] +Open

A cross operation between the Wolfguard and and the Ultranughts puts him on edge trying to make sure that he is following correct operational procedures to avoid embarrassing his fellow squad mates this is only made worse as his performance may be watched by the Eternal Lord himself.

Snapping to his squad leader raising his weapon at the 'Confederate' he follows suit finger remaining off the trigger but resting against the guard incase a firefight does break out.

Seeing the orders from up high as the Wolfguard close in the confederate and following the rest of his fellow Ultranaughts he steps out to the groups perimeter and begins to scan the horizon looking for any targets into the distance, with the iconic radio sound his voice rings out over the local squad comms system "North-east sector clear" (basic Tygerii) before re-adjusting the strap on his KC-M2.

rd7bMY.png
Wearing: Itty bitty ultra tight breathing is for wussies black dress
Tags: [member="Kyrinov"] [member="Leeroy"] | + Open!
reKFam.png
Eyes narrowed as the droid person once again inhaled from the cigarra. How the heck was he doing that?! And suddenly his red dot lights were on her and the Sithling found herself fighting the urge first to step back, and then fighting the urge even harder to avoid punching him in that what she imagined to be a smug face as he called her sweetheart.

"You…" she blinked, "You extended mental energies on coming up with a way to smoke when you have the body and body parts that completely nullify your ability to actually enjoy or give in to a true nicotine addiction?"

Glancing at Kyrinov for a moment, Madalena smiled as she returned her gaze to the smoking droid. It didn't quite matter at that point what he was or wasn't.

"Madalena Antares," she answered nonetheless, "Head of the Wild Hunt of the Agents of Chaos," she added her job title. Perhaps, this would dissuade him from calling her sweetheart and gorgeous again. There were words that were specifically filed aside and permitted to be used by one person that she would have in the future.

E T E R N A L - E M P R E S S
rd7B5p.png
Equipment: Enviro suit, under the suit: 2 lightsabers, 2 westars and her Blackwatch uniforum
Tags: [member="Scherezade deWinter"] | [member="Cero Pax"] | [member="Nerulic"] | [member="Karlie Lynn Destat"] | [member="Jersan Acklhus"] | [member="Juggernaut"]
The things are getting and getting worse. She never thought the Emperor could act like this, so paranoid. She sighted, while she get the answer from Scherezade. She almost laughed at the answer, really? Ingrid could hardly believe it, but it tossed her day, and the emperor apparently wanted to ruin this day… She sighted.

”My lord, you know I’m still the part of the CIS, and member of the MoS, I’m still spying on the them; this time they not send any assassin or agent after you. This could be simply coincidence…” she sent telepathic message to her master.

She hoped the Emperor will overcome this, but this not happened, she received a new telepathic message from him. They people are still down on the planet surface, maybe they still alive, and waiting the rescue team, and what are they doing here? “Killing” each other. But she could not say no, that’s why she sent back the message.

”Understand my lord! I'll take immediate action”! she replied on telepathic.

She switched her comm channel to the Eternal Empire’s private channel, and on this she sent a message to [member="Cero Pax"], no one hear that, only Cero.

”Pax, it’s Lady L’lerim, the Emperor wants you to scan the woman’s ship. Do it quickly and quietly, until no one watching!” she said.

Ingrid watched the others and Pax too, she wants to help him, if he can’t do the task alone, then she will help distract others. But of course, if he manage it, Ingrid does nothing, just send a new message to her emperor.

”I informed the mandalorian from the task; I’ll send a new message to you, if I received the details!” she sent this telepathic message through the Force.

And then, she was waiting for the results…

qE3JYeS.gif

Karlie Lynn Destat

Conspiracy Theorist and Investigator (IBI)
rd7B5p.png

Ship: Castan GS-1
Wearing: Combat/enviro armor , standard side arm.. Cough cough..and two thermo detonators, nicely tucked away.
Tags: Shoot...suddenly surrounded by..uhm, lots of guns. Frak me!

Ugh...seriously?
He were looking at her like she came out of the mental ward.
Did this guy even know of Tacitus? The look she got from the man, she could only interpret as it were the first time he were hearing of it...or the name.

"Tacitus.... you know, Lord, Darth, King something or other Tacitus? The one trying to resurrect what used to be known as the Eternal Empire?" Did this even ring any bell with this guy?...with anyone?

"Ok look... not trying to be difficult, but my hands are about to drop on their own as I can't hold them up like this much longer. " She weren't blowing hot air...her hands were up and she weren't used to doing that, not in armor. Well Ok, she was blowing hot air as the gravity ere only a fraction of norm. But she figured most of the grunts here including the big guy could be morons and buy the tired arms story...it were a gamble.

"If Scher- " Poodoo, what was that runt's name?
"Ahem...if that black raven hair girl is gona vouch for me..." It were at this point that Scherezade seemed to come between her, the big guy (Tac) and the dot laser light she could see refracting from her glass helmet that were pointed at her head.
"...then can someone just relieve me of my side arm, so I can put my hands down?....and maybe get this confusion settled?" She still had no clue that the big guy in front of her were actually [member="Darth Tacitus"].

Karlie had never met the man, even though it were because of Tacitus that she had acquired a battalion of battle droids. And again, good thing she didn't bring any along with her, just an empty gunship. And one that had been in the service deck of the Castan SD Tecknor awaiting repair.

Sure enough one of the sentries had enough sense to come over to Karlie, and relieve her of the said side arm.

She looked over to Scherezade a moment, not sure what exactly she were up to, or what her role and place was with these AoC's. The girl too had been CIS at one time. As to why she now seemed to be somebody within this group and had left the CIS, she would hope to discover soon enough.

Slowly she put her hands down as the laser dot suddenly seemed to vanish.
She remembered to make like it were a relief to finally drop her hands, slightly shaking them to get blood circulating again. Yes, Karlie could act.
"Uhm...thank you." She then said, before spotting one of the troopers near her gunship give the thumbs up signal.

Seemed her ship were cleared.
And why wouldn't it be? Karlie had lifted it from the service bay. She had come alone.

(Sorry for the delay, were waiting for the big guy to post. Hopefully he don't mind me moving ahead)

rd7B5p.png
qE3JYeS.gif
Attn: [member="Scherezade deWinter"] | [member="Ingrid L'lerim"] | [member="Cero Pax"] | [member="Renn Garrick"] | [member="Nerulic"] | [member="Mythos"] | [member="Karlie Lynn Destat"] | [member="Juggernaut"] | [member="Jersan Acklhus"]
Accompanied By: 4x Wolfguards | 15x Combat Engineers
  • Asteroid Surface
    Unknown Regions

Odd. He didn't remember ever sending an invitation to anyone from the Confederacy and Tacitus was not one who would forget such things. The more he thought about it, the more suspicious the Sith Lord became. "Scherezade, is this your doing?" he asked, hoping this was just another one of her antics and not some elaborate Confederate plot to send a spy, or a saboteur.

Sure enough, the Sithling endeavored to vouch for her, adding some weight to his first assumption, though beneath his helmet, he rolled his eyes. Things certainly always seemed to get... interesting, whenever Scherezade showed up. Though his opinion of her had certainly improved after their last meeting, he was less appreciative of the chaos which seemed to follow her around wherever she went.

His apprentice's telepathic message reassured him further. He trusted Ingrid and her experience with espionage, though he still found Karlie's presence rather odd. The Confederate's complaints only served to further the confusion. He most certainly did not send any invitations to any member of the Confederacy. "Yes, I do know Tacitus," he responded, sarcastically. "Now, why don't you drop that story about receiving an invitation from me, because I am quite certain I never sent you one," the Sith Lord said, once again rolling his eyes beneath his helmet. Either she was pretending, or the girl was a complete idiot, if she didn't recognize the insignia worn by all of his soldiers, which identified them as belonging to the Eternal Empire.

Regardless, he was not going to allow an armed Confederate in their group. "<<Disarm her,>>" he ordered his guards. Immediately, one of the Wolfguards seized her sidearm, while another one scanned for additional hidden weapons, the handheld device immediately discovering the two thermal detonators.

Snapping into action, one of the guards swiftly seized her wrists, bending them uncomfortably as the other soldier removed her thermal detonators. "<<She's clear,>>" the soldiers reported back, once they were certain she carried no additional hidden weapons.

Tacitus nodded back and spoke to one of the guards. "<<You. Watch her. If she tries anything suspicious, blast her,>>" he ordered. The Wolfguard fell in behind her, rifle in hand and held ready, while the other one released her wrists and returned to the Sith Lord's side. To Scherezade and Karlie, he added. "If she shows even a hint of intending to cause trouble, I will have her killed," he said, his tone flat and business-like. It wasn't a threat, it was a statement of fact.

"Everyone, fall in. We push ahead as planned," he notified the entire group. "Scherezade, if you and your insurgents are ready, we can proceed with this expedition."

qE3JYeS.gif

rd7B5p.png

Attn: Scherezade deWinter | Ingrid L'lerim | Cero Pax | Darth Tacitus | Renn Garrick | Open
Equipment: x1 Heavily Modified Rearguard ‘Giant’ Armor, x1 Heavily Modified, Single-Person KC-M5 Heavy Machinegun, x1 KC-249 General Purpose Repeating Blaster, x4 KC-95 Blaster Pistols, Red Giant Lightsaber
Attachment: x2 Rearguards, x1 Platoon (16) of Ultranauts, x1 Gamma Series Titan-pattern Armored Heavy Transport, x1 Echo-class Lykos Pattern Armored Utility Vehicle, x8 KV-1601 'Warthog' Protected Mobility Vehicles

The beskar repulsor-lift boots of his Rearguard ‘Giant’ Armor left faint, ambiguous tracks in Juggernaut’s path, leaving small recesses devoid of small rocks that littered the cave ground. The shape and size of the rocks around Juggernaut suggested that the tunnels were artificially constructed, as the cut of each rock was distinctive and sharp. Juggernaut kept a brisk pace forward, occasionally surveying the surrounding caves, checking his sensor systems and monitoring the scanning data received from the Echo-class Lykos Pattern Armoured Utility Vehicle.

The cave quickly became steeper and steeper as Juggernaut progressed through the tunnel and after walking for one hundred meters, a large durasteel blast door appeared at the end of a large stretch of level and flat road, completely blocking off the tunnel. The natural rock of the cave now transformed to paved ferrocrete, immediately alerting Juggernaut he was in the right area. The cave now became a fully constructed tunnel that spanned one hundred meters from where Juggernaut was standing to the durasteel blast door, completely paved and built with ferrocrete. The design was minimalistic, and it seemed slabs of ferrocrete were installed in the cave walls.

His two Rearguards methodically scanned the area and dashed forward, leaving the sixteen Ultranauts confused. Before they could bolt forward alongside them, Juggernaut raised his fist and signaled them to immediately stop. Their extensive military training forced their instincts to obey his command and so the Ultranauts immediately stopped themselves. Just as the two Rearguards passed the ten meter mark of the one hundred meter road leading to the blastdoors, the panels on the side of the tunnels and the ground at the fifty meter mark began receding into their surfaces. A large series of motors whirring and clanking emitted just as the newly formed openings on the side of the tunnels unleashed two horde of rabid and demonic creatures that spilled from the cave like rats. The larger ground panels slowly elevated in front of the two Rearguards two Terentatek beasts that calmly watched the intruders.

Juggernaut commanded, “Fire on the Terentatek on the right. Slugs first and aim at the eyes.”

The Ultranauts quickly switched to slugs and began unleashing a storm of fire onto the Terentatek. The two Rearguards methodically began slaying the hordes of mutated rats, firing a well-aimed blaster bolt into their skulls. Just as they reached the Terentatek on the left, the two Rearguards bolted forward and acrobatically flipped on top of the Terentatek. The Rearguards fired their grappling hooks into the shoulder of the Terentatek before dashing around its body to secure the hooks in the creature’s back like a harness. Forcefully tugging the flexisteel rope, the Terentatek raged by slamming its body forward but was stopped by the collective strength of the two Rearguards’ power armor forcing the Terentatek in its place. As the hooks dug deeper into the creature’s flesh, the Rearguards were able to forcefully tame the movements of the creature with skillful applications of extreme force and strength.

While this was happening, Juggernaut had unleashed a barrage from his KC-M5 Heavy Machinegun alongside the Ultranauts firing at the other Terentatek. The other Terentatek responded by shielding its face and charging forward, and Juggernaut began alternating his fire at the creature’s joints. Howling in rage, the creature ran faster and more forcefully, quickly reaching in front of Juggernaut.

Just as the creature was about to body slam Juggernaut into the cave wall, Juggernaut dropped his heavy machinegun and ignited his lightsaber, jumping upward and slicing the back of the Terentatek’s neck with a tremendous amount of strength. Beheading the Terentatek in one fell swoop, Juggernaut landed on the ground and the Rearguards continued to charge forward.

Picking up his heavy machinegun, Juggernaut began clearing out the mutated creatures pouring out from the sides of the tunnel. The Ultranuts followed accordingly, with the manhandled Terentatek barely controlled by the two Rearguards occasionally gave a helpful sweep here or there.

Juggernaut opened his comlink to Darth Tacitus and reported, “Sith presence discovered. This Ruins Site Triple-Alpha-Zero-Nine-Five may belong to Exar Kun due to the presence of Terentatek and Sithspawn.”

Last edited:
rd7B5p.png

Tags: [member="Ingrid L'lerim"] [member="Karlie Lynn Destat"] [member="Darth Tacitus"] [member="Nerulic"] [member="Mythos"] [member="Jersan Acklhus"] [member="Juggernaut"] | + Open

reZtUD.gif

"My doing?" there was a sliver of atremble underlying in her voice; not one of fear, or even confusion, but of rage. No, none of this had been 'her doing' The mere fact he would jump to such a conclusion and point his stupid hairy finger at her before anyone else showed just how much they'd exactly advanced since the last time… Before last time… In the two years they'd known each other.

Point of the matter was, neither Scherezade nor Karlie were the only ones who were either from or formerly from the Confederacy. Scherezade was willing to bet her hiney that there were still at least a few more of them walking around, if not on the asteroid then back at the party. To treat Karlie – anyone, really – like that because he didn't know better, was outright dumb. What did he expect her to do when she was surrounded by so many of his paranoid forces? Do the suicide bomber chicken dance?

Rolling her eyes, she sighed.

"Karlie is one of my insurgents," she announced, taking a step forward, not giving the blond the chance to deny it, "Tell your goons to take a chill pill. If she does anything wrong, I'll personally skin her alive and send you your new rug."

Turning around to look at her, Scherezade tried to signal a thumbs up. It was sort of hard with these big lumpy protective gloves, but she was pretty sure she'd managed to do it. To Ingrid, Scherezade sent a glance. This touted many of the line the two had discussed not too long ago.

Springing her frequency to latch onto Karlie's, she sent her a message that was for her ears alone. "Please play along," was the request, "I'd really hate to need to kill you. You were friendly to me when I had no friends at all."

Karlie Lynn Destat

rd7B5p.png

Wearing: Combat/enviro armor ...Damn goons just relieved me of my side arm and detonators... Damn it.
Tags: Hmm...suddenly surrounded by...uhm, lots of unhappy people. Gona have to work on that. Ok, everybody then.

"Hey! Watch where-
....Uhg..." She would have said more than that, when one of the sentries patted her down looking for more weapons, if it weren't for the fact that YES she did have two thermal detonators stashed that his hands finally settled on.
"Sigh..." her eyes made a circle, before she presented a cheesy smile to the big Kahuna.
So this Neanderthal was the Eternal Empire's big wig, huh?... Darth Tacitus.

Karlie looked up at the sith...trying to gauge him...figure out as to why he had given her liberty before to salvage the droids she had discovered in his last treasure hunt campaign.
But needless to say, his lips gave way to his orders concerning her. yes, she were trained in the IBI to read lips...damn this sith!

Still, what did she expect him to do? he had to show who were in charge here and what better way than to make an example of someone 1/3 rd his mass...or 1/100 his current firepower.
Her initial reaction in most of these encounters were to slyly comment on him being a lot smaller than the stories she had heard of him, which of course with her straining to look up at the monolith would have been been a weak shot.
But speaking of shots, his goons still had their weapons trained on her and so... yea, she bit her tongue offering a placid thank you smile for not decimating her existence at the present moment.

"Well...maybe hang one of your administrators for sending an invite to the wrong-
...sigh...
Never mind. My apologizes, Mr Darth Tacitus...sir." yes, she were also culled in politics and knew when to fold while she still had some chips left. Besides, he seemed too serious at the present moment. She'd have to give him time before she'd irk him and not get her head lobbed off.

Of course Karlie were most likely as fond of the CIS as most of the derelicts around her...and that may still have included the little witch, Scherezade for all she knew. But Karlie weren't about to fess up and start whining about how corrupt she thought the CIS was. Not to a sith like Tacitus she weren't.

It were at those thoughts of the raven little runt when Scherezade cut in on her channel that Karlie 's attention shifted from the big guy to her.
Karlie were being cued to play along. play along with what?
No, Karlie at this point had her reservations about the girl. But then the 'friend' comment...

Yea..
Yes, Karlie remembered how she tried making friends with Scherezade only for the drunk little runt to just get up off the bed and walk out of her ship. Easy, fellas...the witch was sitting on the spare bed in the cabin..nothing happened.
Well Ok, except that bump on Scherezade's head that Karlie had given her.
Accidentally, mind you. Scherezade had been passed out and Karlie couldn't well leave the poor girl in that state all alone. So Karlie did her best in picking up the unconscious Scherezade, who was passed out drunk, off the bench and carry her into the ship. Karlie not known for being superwoman, accidentally bumped the girl's head on the airlock door.

Anyway, as it pertains to this segment; Karlie had tried connecting with the girl once she were awake.
Now Sherezade was thanking her for what she had once walked out on? So the little runt remembered, huh?
Well, Karlie then suddenly remembered her full name now too.
"Scherezade..." She said, more wording the girl's name to permanent memory than just repeating it out of the blue.

"...I guess you walked away with more than that bump I gave you, huh?" Yes, it were Karlie's way of accepting the girl's kind gesture in vouching for her.
Maybe this friend thing that so many other people had could well work out between her and the little runt..er, strike that.
Maybe they could work on getting to know one another better before they could become friends for real.

"Anyway...thanks..." Karlie then said to her, before being prompted to move her butt by the sentry. The assembly here were heading down into the rock, following the big guy.

• Asteroid Surface
    Unknown Regions
Face obscured by the helmet of his armor, neither Scherezade or her dimwit friend could see his eyes roll, or the irritated expression on his visage. The Confederate girl seemed completely clueless as to what had transpired between the Empire and her Confederate masters and acted as if the Imperial soldiers were behaving unreasonably, as if she expected trust to just be given to her, acting all indignant when it, naturally, wasn't. Well, she would learn her place. Or she would die. Tacitus had no qualms about executing her if she stepped out of line. Of course, Scherezade seemed to have such reservations about the airhead, which was hardly surprising. As long as he'd known her, the Sithling had always been an impulsive creature, acting on emotion and gut instinct, instead of careful, calculated planning. If her trust in the Confederate proved misplaced and it later came back to bite her and her friends, though, was not Tacitus' concern. Scherezade wasn't his subject, therefore, she also wasn't his responsibility.

Ignoring their little banter, his attention turned instead to his comlink, to a report from one of the mercenaries, Juggernaut, almost relieved to finally hear something spoken with professionalism, amidst their colorful gathering. "<<Copy that,>>" Tacitus responded in High Nelvaanian. "<<Dig in and fortify your current position. We are arriving shortly. Over and out.>>"

Cutting short the two girls' chatter, he easily slipped into his familiar, professional demeanor as he shared the information. "Sithspawn and Terentatek presence discovered. Ruins possibly connected to Exar Kun," he warned. "Stay alert and follow me."

With that, he turned and stepped forward, leading the way into the ruins without bothering to check if the insurgents followed. He knew Scherezade would, she wanted to find out what was in those ruins as much as he did. As for the Destat girl, well, if she dragged her feet, the Wolfguard would put a blaster bolt through her helmet and leave her corpse behind. Both he and his troops had reached the end of their patience with her silliness.

It wasn't long before his suit's sensors alerted him to movement ahead in the ruins, several heat signatures being picked up by his helmet. Reaching out through the Force, through the amulet he wore around his neck, he extended his senses out and into the dark corridor beyond, focusing on a deformed, writhing mass of flesh and limbs skittering towards them. Sithspawn of some kind.

"Contact, twelve-o-clock. Hostiles. Weapons free," he announced in a calm, flat tone as he raised his arm, illuminating the darkness between the explorers and the creatures with searing bolts of unnatural black lightning that stopped the first of the monsters dead in its track. Wasting no time, his troops quickly sprang into action, firing several short, controlled bursts of blaster fire, before switching their hybrid rifles over to slugs. Through it all, the Sith Lord never stopped or slowed down, drawing his sword as he strode forward like a force of nature.

dRUm20K.png

rd7B5p.png
Attn: Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter | Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim | Cero Pax Cero Pax | Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe | Be'iqaronn Be'iqaronn | Open
Equipment: x1 Heavily Modified Rearguard ‘Giant’ Armor, x1 Heavily Modified, Single-Person KC-M5 Heavy Machinegun, x1 KC-249 General Purpose Repeating Blaster, x4 KC-95 Blaster Pistols, Red Giant Lightsaber
Attachment: x2 Rearguards, x1 Platoon (16) of Ultranauts, x1 Gamma Series Titan-pattern Armored Heavy Transport, x1 Echo-class Lykos Pattern Armored Utility Vehicle, x8 KV-1601 'Warthog' Protected Mobility Vehicles

The waves of horrifically mutated Sithspawn seemed unending and there was only two options: regroup with Darth Tacticus or press onward toward the door. However, he knew that the difficulties of the ruins seemed to get more and more difficult as they progressed forward. It was a difficult choice, as it seemed the architect of this relic made the only choice forward. No retreats seemed viable or allowed.

And so, Juggernaut prayed for Darth Tacticus to be close behind him, as if he stayed in position or tried to retreat, his attachment would run out of ammunition and munitions in the process. He commanded coldly, "We advance forward, rush the door!"

As Juggernaut and his attachment reached a few meters away from the door, the right cave wall collapsed and a ghastly roar echoed through the caves. The Sithspawn behind him cowered before fleeing back into their crevices, leaving behind a sea of corpses and blood. The roar seemed to have struck each individual's deepest rooted fears and bring them forward, and a few Ultranauts nearly collapsed until Juggernaut coldly shouted, imbuing the power of the Force in his voice and projecting it to each and every member of his platoon.

"Don't you dare fall. There is only one end for a coward in the Eternal Empire."

As he turned back to encounter the threat, he quickly ordered his attachment, "Watch my flanks. Rearguards will command two squads, follow their orders to death."

Shaking his head, knowing the Ultranauts were not quite familiar with his methods as his Rearguards were, Juggernaut followed, "Don't get in my way, or you'll die."

Taking a deep breath, he channeled the dark side of the Force through his body, and he forcibly collected the Force energy around him with his muscles as his conduit. Tossing his weaponry toward his Rearguard to utilize, he removed his lightsaber from his belt and ignited it. Focusing in the darkness in front of him, he sensed a monstrosity of the dark side of the Force, far stronger than anything he had personally experienced. Emerging from the shadows, a gigantic Battle hydra extended its two heads and roared at Juggernaut, and a long shadow pierced through the darkness and toward his head.

Side-stepping immediately, he struck out with his giant lightsaber, meeting a heavy resistance before the shadow quickly struck out horizontally, and Juggernaut responded by force jumping backwards. As the now-revealed stinger and tail retracted backwards, a trail of blood-like liquid dripped onto the cave floor. The Battle hydra, enraged at its attack not succeeding, ran forward and snapped its two heads toward Juggernaut.

Punching the one head with his fist and smashing his lightsaber toward the eye of the other, he grunted, "It's a battle hydra. Beware of its poisonous stinger and fire at the joints of its limbs. You won't do much damage, but you will impede its movement."

Karlie Lynn Destat

rd7B5p.png

Wearing: Combat/enviro armor ... relieved of my side arm and detonators in a hostile environment. I'm surrounded by geniuses.
Tags: Hmm...everybody on this side of the line with a weapon then.

The blade swung both ways, as did respect and trust.

Karlie could understand Tacitus position with her showing up in a Castan gunship. And Castagne, her beloved system was still within the confines of the Confederacy. But Karlie, like most here whom had once ties with the Confederacy, had for one reason or another either lost faith in the faction or had come to a direct confrontation with it.
In Karlie's case, it were of her own personal experience and findings that were leading her on a dissident path against the Confederacy.
Only that Castagne currently had no means of breaking covenant with their CIS overlord. As thus, Karlie had set out on her own and quite independently in seeking the means of breaking her system away from the Confederacy.
Then again, Castagne's Cabinetry had not sanctioned her to do so. Currently, she were operating as a rogue, feeling out other factions for possible allies.

Now of all luck, here she found herself in an awkward situation. This behemoth of a figure head she had just discovered to be none other than Tacitus himself. And to her own dismay, he had not sent out the invite.

Dully disarmed, the only saving grace were of Scherazade vouching for her. It could have gone from bad to worse if it weren't for the girl.
Karlie was in no position to antagonize the man in asking if he had not sent her an invite then who did?

Well, if Tacitus wasn't concerned as to whom in his organization had slipped up, then who were she to question her own presence here if he simply just waved her off, turning away to get going about what they were here for.
Karlie were IBI, an intelligence agent. Tacitus' flaw in his own security had raised it's own red flag with her. For again, as suspiciously untrusting he seemed to be of her, Tacitus nevertheless allowed her to come along.

Karlie looked over to Scherazade, making sure she gave her a good heads up through her helmet...a gratitude of thanks. But seriously speaking, could she really trust this girl, despite Scherazade seemed to be the only one trusting her? It weren't like Karlie could right up and renounce the Confederacy, even among these other dissidents which had once also embraced it like her system had.
No, she would be risking too much this early in the game, if she divulged her intentions.
Trust were indeed a two side blade.

"Sigh... " She were then nudged by one of the grunts to get moving.
Tacitus had already turned from her, seemingly to be a man of short conversations.

It weren't but a few hundred meters before what most here expected to happen, happened.
karlie were not among the lead groups...more like the tag behind group when whatever had claims on this rock finally surfaced.
Karlie's first instinctive reaction were to reach for her side arm- NOT
"Frak!..." she had been disarmed.

"Great...now what?" She cussed to herself.
What recourse she had, but to fall back a step or two and allow the grunts around her to light up what had sprung from underground. All she could do was take a knee and hope these morons could shoot.

The little setback with what-the-frak those things were were over in a blink of an eye, being that Karlie never took her sights off the creatures.
Again, she were nudged by one of the grunts, rifle buts to stand up and get moving.
This made no sense to Karlie as she complied. .
Why were they having her tag along when they disarmed her? was she a prisoner or one of the exploratory teams?

Looking over to Tacitus and then Scherazade did little good. Both were still a bit preoccupied waiting for what-else to come at them, than to be concerned over her.
"Uhm..." She turned to the grunt, biding her to move.

"... look, not being difficult here, but could you by chance pass a word to Mr Tacitus that I would be less a burden cowering behind someone with a blaster here if I hadn't been relieved of my own?"

Aside from the grunt returning her a look like she were some kind in ingrate for even being allowed to breathe still, in his head it kind of made sense. Tacitus should either dispatch her on the spot or give this blond something useful to do than just tag along as a liability to him or others. It weren't like she would have a chance to get more than a shot off if she did try something on them. But to baby sit an unarmed person, a girl no less was kind of eating at the grunt also. Karlie should be pulling her own weight..or shot her on the spot.

"Seriously... if you have reservations in asking him; mind if I do?

Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe / Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter / Juggernaut Juggernaut

rd7B5p.png

Tags: Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim Karlie Lynn Destat Karlie Lynn Destat Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe Nerulic Nerulic Mythos Mythos Jersan Acklhus Jersan Acklhus Juggernaut Juggernaut | + Open

re3GLA.png
She could hear her heart thumping in her ears. Boom-boom. Boom-boom. Boom-boom. Counting the splits of seconds as words were traded, as things were said, and as finally, Tacitus relented. Karlie was going to get to see another day, assuming nothing under the ground killed and ate them first. She liked those odds; they were great.

And besides, Karlie finally succeeded – Scherezade. She got the name right! It was a shame that the helmet concealed the big goofy grin on Scherezade's face. "I ran away," she admitted quietly, "but that was a long time ago. A lot has happened since." Failed suicide, being stuck in the space between dimensions, a sister, friends, a new place… There were a lot of stories to tel. "Maybe when this is over you could come to Eve, the city I sort of live in now," she offered.

Either way, Sithspawn and Terentateks did not frighten her. Never had. It was hard to be afraid of animals your mother kept as pets. Scherezade still held memories of the Rose Goblins, and found herself wishing that they could be found in other parts of the 'verse as well. Alas, that was not the case, and so she would resume to miss them until the day came that she could go home.

It was the mention of where the beasts were that snapped her out of her daydreaming. Scherezade grinned in her helmet again. Enviro-suits didn't really let you conceal too many weapons, not the way the Blood Hound was used to, but she still had the Force.

Looking to Karlie, the Sithling nodded once before turning to the others. "Seeing as we're about to face Terentateks and Force knows what else," she pointed out on the open comms, "Maybe it'd be better if we gave Karlie her weapons back? I'm sure your dudes would rather not need to babysit her. And she knows how to shoot."

Almost a shame that she couldn’t ask Karlie to shoot Tacitus. Nothing fatal, of course, but did the man really need all his kneecaps?

And along came a battle hydra.

Scherezade shook her head. The suits weren't comfortable enough to do proper melee in. Not for her. But if the Eternal Empire's dudes wanted to show off, she had no issues letting them. There would be time for the blood letting later.

Karlie Lynn Destat

rd7B5p.png

Wearing: Combat/enviro armor ... relieved of my side arm and detonators in a hostile environment. I'm surrounded by geniuses.
Tags: Hmm...everybody on this side of the line with a weapon then.

Eve...Eve... uhm nope, she never heard of a system Eve before.
Then again would she if it were in the Unknown Regions?

Karlie nevertheless were flattered that the girl, a very strange girl at that...Karlie had no idea how STRANGE Scherezade really was... were inviting her to her home...wherever this Eve was.

Her reply? "If maybe we'd make it off this rock...sure." Weird girl, this Scherezade was.
Weird when she had first met her on that forsaken abandoned station off Drukenwell... a forgotten remnant of the old Eternal Empire that she had been invited at the time by none other than Tacitus himself. Why and how now he were playing Mr forgetful, Karlie had no idea. Maybe he was bad at record keeping or never had a mind to tally all those whom had supported him way back when.
Well, whatever took place between his faction and the Confederacy, Karlie was certainly up for finding out. She herself had reservations in the direction the commonwealth, the Confederacy were heading and it looked to her to be aligning with the sith empire. Well, that were the blonde's speculation.
Hey, she was IBI, an investigator. Her job aside from being a biological research/scientist were a conspiracy theorist.

"By the way..." she got up to follow the girl.
"...how'd you manage to chummy up with Mr Personality there?" yes, she were meaning Tacitus.

"I mean...Ok sure you're not the reclusive little runt I met like a while back...although you have to know I mean 'runt' like in a kidding kind of way..." yes, she thought best to clear that up. It had been hard enough the last time she tried making nice with the girl.
"... you weren't exactly well at making friends...you know?"
But as Scherezade had pointed out that had been a different time, different frame of mind (alcoholic) and circumstances. Both had really just emerged out of their holes per say. the girl had hatched out of a pebble?..Karlie still couldn't wrap her mind around that...and Karlie had just herself kind of crawled out from under a rock.

Fast forward to the present, these two had all the makings of an odd couple... a friendship that would certainly have one or the other at the breaking point. But this was now and they were on a chunk of rock...or on a fragment of a once legendary planet. Or it could just well be a hollowed out asteroid home to some nasty hive colony of sithspawns or worse.
Nope, they were Terentateks. Say what?!

"Oh...is that what they are?" Again, the blonde never heard of such creatures. As thus, she took to close the gap a bit more between her and Scherezade as the sitlhing was after all armed and she were not.
But Lord and behold, Scherezade somehow got through the thick skulls of the grunts following the almighty leader and tossed Scherezade one of the more heftier blasters. No, it weren't Karlie's nice compact side arm, but who were she to complain when Scherezade passed on over to her. Hell, those sithspawns..er, the Terentateks were kida nasty creatures and by the looks of the blaster Karlie was handed, it could bring one down in a single shot.

"Hmm...not bad...lightweight..." she weighed in her hand when Scherezade passed it over to her...
"Yea, thanks." Little did Karlie know how really heavy the blaster given her were was. They were on an asteroid's surface and in micro-gravity. If below ground this gravity were field corrected... it were going to be one HEAVY blaster!

"So anyway....any idea as to what could be down there if this rock is in fact a piece of Atlantis?"

Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter / Kainan Wolfe Kainan Wolfe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom