Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Eve of Destruction: Coruscant's Crescendo | Open to All

CWW7zQy.png

Somewhere within Club Everlight, located in a private room, Tyrus sat bobbing his head to the remixed beats that reverberated through the entire building and most of the Uscuru District. Seemingly unbothered and enjoying the company of a female zabrak and twi'lek. Both of which seemed highly interested in the book that the Korun was so obsessed by.

Both of women sat adjacent to Tyrus, one on each side, examining him and the reading material as Tyrus himself read silently. Every now and then the Korun would crack a smile or chuckle at what he read and point a finger at the paragraph.

" This shit is funny." He would say, but never explained or elaborated what it was.

Her eyes did look soft, losing the degree of intensity they started the evening with. A bizarre, repressed part of herself felt seen by the stranger— safe and unjudged in his anonymity. When would she learn her lesson? Her eyes skimmed the beaded tangles of his hair, the abdomen marred by countless scars, the calloused hands that pressed against her own. He was someone clearly capable of great violence and yet handled her so gently.

It was deception.

She felt her walls slowly rebuilding themselves, brick by painful brick. He brought her hand to his mask and the girl found herself fiddling with the latch. She had her enemies, but looking into those ocular lenses none came to mind. Maybe she didn't want to see. Maybe she just wanted to escape it a little longer

"It's Capris." she said simply and without hesitation, "Capris Halcyon."

She lowered the mask—slowly, then all at once.

Fuck.

Reflex had her on her feet in a matter of microseconds, the remaining liquor toppling over and staining the table.

No.

Capris looked into those duel-colored eyes and could practically feel Sinestra's whispers in her ear. Her lungs constricted like a popped ballon, chest heaving against the bodice of her dress in some bid to regain composure. All at once, her gaze frosted over and Capris genuinely seemed afraid.

It was a surprisingly powerful reaction for someone so seemingly disciplined. Someone so uncaring for her own well-being. But when she looked at Kyric all she saw was Caspian's killer staring back. Her mind carded through emotions; fear followed by the briefest flash a hurt, and then entirely swallowed by ahardened indifference.

The runes slithering her arm burned a harsh blue, the liquid from the table collecting together and sharpening into a needle of ice. One which hovered like a blade over at her side.

She said nothing.

Kyric Kyric

Like the slime he was, he took leisure at everything he could afford and openly bragged about it. Moves like that were certain to attract women even if they only schemed to use him for monetary gain. Whatever their intentions were did not bother him as he enjoyed the attention to fill in the endless void in his heart.

The dangers, the money, the women, and everything else circling around his life of crime was all to reach that high and enjoy it until he had to chase it again.

One hand snaked around a lovely Pantoran. Another around a bright Mikkian.

He planned to waste away the night’s climax with a handle and a warm bed until…

Well, wha’ do we got here…

And noticed two highly wanted men all within his vicinity. A deserter and the son of a legendary Jedi. The former was a Gen’dai and no matter what his former occupation was, Lok was not stupid to commit in pointing a blaster at him. It was just suicidal.

Which left him with…

“Ladies,” with a confident grin at his company, “we might have to rain check that private suite.” He was met with protest and pleading faces, but he was already up from his seat and his hands returned to his sides. He strode at Kyric Kyric and Capris Halcyon Capris Halcyon , weaving around the bodies to reach the man.

He was no professional bounty hunter, but he never pushed away opportunities.

His hand reached for his modified pistol, though still holstered as he confronted the two. “Hate to break the romance, fellas, but there’s a pretty price on lover boy’s head.”

“Let’s try not to make things messy. We don’t wanna break the mood for the patrons, yah?”

Dezorath Barcu Dezorath Barcu

When the HRD server did not return I decided to cut my losses. Maybe a drink was not what I needed after all. I wanted it, I didnt need it. Besides it would take all the booze in the bar to even remotely get me drunk. The spirits in here were too weak for my biology. In my contemplation is when I felt something vibrate adjacent to me. A small device, a fob. It was not mine.

I had given Bounty Hunting up long ago. Still it continued to go off. Then another vibrate went off and another and another and like a chain reaction they continued. Each one falling in sync with my sensitive physiology. Someone is on the run.

Sitting up the Gen'dai took a quick glance around the club from his position at the bar and noticed flinching looks at himself and one other. Each head that turned to inspect him was quickly went back to it original position as soon as Dezorath made eye contact. A prospect that made him snarl aloud and stand up. Within his own sensory acuity he felt the pulse of multiple hearts beating faster and centralize in a specific direction.

What the kark is going on in here? I thought to myself and lumbered toward a small gathering. Two males and female. The female Capris Halcyon Capris Halcyon looked like she had seen a ghost, while the one of the other males Lok Xiangu Lok Xiangu seemed rather pleased of himself. Then there was the other male which I had seen before. Not in person but in a report on my desk when the Dark Empire still had worthy goals. A bounty. The son of Ryv was here on Coruscant, right in front of him. Kyric Kyric

His hand reached for his modified pistol, though still holstered as he confronted the two. “Hate to break the romance, fellas, but there’s a pretty price on lover boy’s head.”

“Let’s try not to make things messy. We don’t wanna break the mood for the patrons, yah?”

" Ahh what a strange occurrence this is...I se-" Dezorath stopped short when addressed the group and could only stare up at holo-screen. The static of the device got clearer only to reveal his own face and full name. Dezorath Barcu. Deserter of the Dark Empire. Wanted Dead or Alive. Then the feeling of being watched slammed into his being. This club was no longer safe.

Her mind carded through emotions; fear followed by the briefest flash a hurt, and then entirely swallowed by ahardened indifference.

Kyric rolled through his own turbulent string of emotions as Capris tore away from him. Confusion at her fear turned into deep shame in himself. Flashes of Caspian's death at the end of a crimson saber assaulted his mind. And when Kyric looked into Capris' eyes, the glimpse of something more morphed into apathy. The kiffar could only wince and look away from her as Lok approached the table to the tune of a dozen different tracking FOBs.

The slime said something to Kyric, then dropped his hand to the holstered pistol. Kyric couldn't hear him over the sound of his heartbeat thundering inside his skull. His mouth had gone dry at some point, and no matter where he stood once he climbed to his feet, the kiffar couldn't shake the sensation he needed to get the hell out of his skin.

And then there was a gendai.

That isn't good. Kyric's hand reached over his shoulder to grasp the handle of his sword. We can't kill a gendai. And if he's anythin' like pretty boy over there, we're in trouble. His gaze dropped to the floating ice spike beside Capris. It was aimed at his heart, that much was clear, but Kyric couldn't make out a lick of recognition in the other two.

We've seen plenty of bounties go south. And we're big money. If she throws in with them, there is a big chance she's dead by dawn. Kyric considered his options carefully. If he put himself between them all and managed to de-arm the gendai in a surprise attack, all he would have to do is eat Capris' attack somewhere non-lethal and split Lok's shot. With the confu-

Are you stupid or what?

Not exactly working with a lot of options here. And there's no way in hell I'm leaving her anywhere near a gendai.

Blood ran in a tiny stream from Kyric's nose.

" Ahh what a strange occurrence this is...I se-" Dezorath stopped short when addressed the group and could only stare up at holo-screen. The static of the device got clearer only to reveal his own face and full name. Dezorath Barcu. Deserter of the Dark Empire. Wanted Dead or Alive. Then the feeling of being watched slammed into his being. This club was no longer safe.

Kyric silently thanked the force and looked between the group.

"I've no intention of going anywhere, so forget about the bounty. There's no way this doesn't go bad for a whole lot of people if it becomes a fight. Let's walk away and call it a night." Kyric's gaze lingered on Capris, pleading with her to see reason.

Last edited:
The thought did occur.

Kill him.

Pinned against three attackers, it would perhaps be her only chance to. The one singular guarantee Caspian would be safe. She'd make enemies out of Sinestra and the dark elite, feth over her life, probably end up dead with her heart carved out by a saber.. Or pistol. Or clenched between the fist of a gendai.

But Caspian would be safe.

The girl grew alarmingly still, some dark impulse pooling in those tawny eyes of hers. Unreadable for a moment until there was a shift. Conflict. Shame. Trying to determine whether the snake at her feet was venomous or not. Was he a snake at all?

The needle of ice remained suspended, Capris remained silent, and her eyes remained on the the part of his sternum shielding his heart. She imagined the few agonizing seconds before he realized what was happening. Before those bottomless eyes fluttered shut and his own cocktail of emotions receded like a wave from her mind.

Why did he have to look at her like that?

"I've no intention of going anywhere, so forget about the bounty. There's no way this doesn't go bad for a whole lot of people if it becomes a fight. Let's walk away and call it a night."

Her eyes skid to the two other men. Both their own concoction of danger, murderous intrigue, and unpredictable survival instincts. Could Kyric really talk them down?

Her nostrils flared slightly as she breathed. Then, without warning, the dagger of ice shot out from behind her. Expect its target was not the vexing swordsman in front of her but rather Lok. The needle whistled with a vengeance, aiming to skewer through his hand, effectively nail it to his thigh, and trap his pistol somewhere in between.

Whether or not she was successful, Capris wasted no time further assessing the scene. Like the scarred cat she was, she moved to the balcony, grabbed the railing and saw herself over in one deft jump. The free fall back to ground floor was broken up by a forward roll on her shoulder.

Don'tlookbackDon'tlookbackDon'tlookback.

Her head canted up and over her shoulder.

Kyric Kyric Lok Xiangu Lok Xiangu Dezorath Barcu Dezorath Barcu

One of the models in silken garb swanned up to the perimeter of the huddle. Mystique recognized the HRD instantly, but politely let a few beats pass before taking a step back to allow the droid to access her personal space.

"Madame," Her voice modulator was low, imitating a whisper. "The Commissioner in booth 04 wishes to speak with you."

Mystique nodded, and smirked roguishly in Desmond's direction. What whispered between the human-look-alike and the Chiss remained unheard, save for that tiny glimpse Mystique gave to her fellow mogul before giving instruction to her staff.

"Send them a round, my complements to keep him occupied. I'll be there in a moment." Her face turned skyward. The blackness of the night, only brightened by neon, seemed to be greying. She frowned, but covered it with another sip of champagne. She made a noise at the back of her throat whilst the bubbles slipped down.

"Benefits of hostessing." Mystique smiled at Desmond, not saying anything he didn't know already. "Excuse me."

It didn't take her long to maneuver through the party, touching arms, exchanging smiles, nods and talk-soons. Soon, Mystique was at the table side of the commissioner. Standing while he sat, she could take in all of him.

"Commissioner, I heard you were looking for me?" She glanced to the freshly topped beverage that sat on the table. The HRDs worked fast. That was good.

An end of the world expected high tensions. Hayata's HRDs weren't just pretty faces — they were expertly violent when need be. If they passed Mystique's evaluation, a one time payment would replace a percentage of her ongoing workforce's salary.

Thus, it made the gorgeous Atrisian girls expert at intervening the tension around one of the VIP booths.

"Gentlemen," one introduced, stepping near the barrier between Kyric's booth and another with patrons inside who were too strung out to be aware of their surroundings. Another HRD angled nearer to Dez. "We ask that if any weapons need to be drawn, it takes place outside." Their smiles were small, tight. "You do understand."

Before either of them could adhere or reject the club's policy, a bellowing sound swept through the floor.

The broadcasted numbers on the wall froze. The milliseconds, seconds, minute, hour, no longer counted up.

45:04:32:333

Whoops, hoots, and hollers of joy bellowed out. Some folks made bank!
A simultaneous chorus of groans and dismay echoed soon after, when others realized they had not won the bet.

Then..they realized what the countdown meant. The Dark Empire was in Coruscant space.

Fear replaced jubilance.

Mystique took a seat. She seemed unbothered by the apocolypse.

"Our time is precious, Commissioner. Especially if you plan to collect on your bet. To what do I owe the honour of your last few minutes on Coruscant?"

IMMEDIATE: Qsere-Nynth Goss | Desmond Forgrave Desmond Forgrave
TAKE IT OUTSIDE: Kyric Kyric | Lok Xiangu Lok Xiangu | Dezorath Barcu Dezorath Barcu | Capris Halcyon Capris Halcyon
ENJOY UR COMIC BOOK: Tyrus Vastor Tyrus Vastor

Wiovach Ham

W

The Quarth eagerly took the secondary round of complimentary drinks, downing them one by one as the service droids came by. Their eyes shined with anticipation as they savored each sip, relishing the refreshing taste.

They couldn't help but smile as they felt the cool liquid slide down their throat, providing a sense of relief after a long day.

There was a soft nod in the direction of Marr'tystiq Marr'tystiq as they took a seat across from him, acknowledging their presence with a friendly gesture. The Quarth's gaze met theirs, a silent exchange of camaraderie and shared enjoyment in the simple pleasure of a good drink.

At least for a moment, until shifting her focus to the purpose behind the Commissioner's request for her presence away from her charming residence.

"Luckily for your business endeavors, we come to offer you an opportunity to increase your profits. Such an opportunity would allow you to corner the Contraband Market currently being set up within the Dark Empire's sphere of influence, the free flow of underworld goods and services without any oversight, given my associate's power within the Imperial Ruling Council."

Mystique crossed her ankles and leaned back in her seat across from the commissioner. He wasn't a handsome thing. Face all green, smooth, and sagging into the stretch of his neck. Or, maybe just his body. The feature weren't that distinct.

"Opportunity indeed." The Chiss agreed, humming thoughtfully. He used all the right words, pulled from a lexison made for those with deep pockets and full wallets.

"I like that you don't flinch when you pitch. Makes it more believable." She complimented, and tapped a nail on the surface of the table. Around them, emotions fanned out. Most of the patrons were too inebriated to have fully-formed realizations of their impending doom, and shouts and cahoots ranged from terror to triumph. The HRDs in her employ moved about the room with finesse, exuding a calm that organics did not feel. It helped to a degree.

"What's the other side of this opportunity look like for me? Because what I'm hearing is I get cut into a market that The Dark Empire controls, access to markets unseen, and..then there's a council. What's their angle?"
Her fingers poised beneath her chin and she leaned an elbow on the table. "It can't all be reward and no risk, commissioner. That doesn't seem Dee-Eees style."

Wiovach Ham

Wiovach Ham

W

<< The Empire's Bureaucracy is overseen by the Ruling Council, managing various aspects including Transportation and Revenue Generation. This ensures the smooth operation of the Empire, even as the New Sith Order engages in activities involving lightsabers and mystical swords. Although - you are right to acknowledge that this venture would carry considerable risk >>

The Ugnaught communicated with a series of oinks and grunts as they reached for another glass of wine on the table. The Chiss Businesswoman across from him, on the other hand, appeared quite anxious about the possible risks associated with the venture, her blue skin paling slightly at the thought of crossing the Dark Empire's strict policies on trade and services. Such concern was duly noted by the Commerce Master, who offered a brief smile.

The Velcar Free Commerce Zone had not yet forged official connections with the New Empire, as the conquests of Entralla had not transpired. Consequently, their understanding of the Imperial economy was restricted, including the locations where customs patrols could potentially be influenced by those seeking to offer bribes and exotic goods.

<< If one's involvement in such a lucrative endeavor is exposed, it would inevitably lead to the creation of numerous adversaries among the formidable members of the Empire, including COMFEAR, a subordinate organization to Tithe. This, in turn, could potentially entangle the Trade Federation in the ensuing conflict, prompting them to spare no resources in their relentless pursuit to eliminate competition and suppress any underworld influences. >>

Last edited by a moderator:
Capris' intent cut through the scene like the first drops of rain after a hot, summer drought. The ice whistled through the air towards Lok with every intention to skewer his hand and pin it to his thigh. Guided by the faint bits of precognition afforded most Jedi, Kyric slightly nudged the ice off course. This way, the worst to befall the young gun would be a bloody hand and bruised pride from being disarmed out of the blue. If it worked, anyhow.

Kyric's gaze snapped to Dezorath. "Dezorath? As in, Kezorath?" The boy appeared equal parts amazed and terrified. "I dunno about you, but I'm not for stayin' where I'm wanted this much." He turned on his heel and made for the same balcony Capris went over, only Kyric hopped onto the ledge and launched himself into the night with finesse. His hands closed around durasteel piping. He slid a few feet, then scaled up the wall onto the roof in a matter of seconds.

Standing atop a ledge, Kyric found Capris as easily as he would his reflection in the mirror. Her beauty was only eclipsed by the pain marring her every action.

Go to her, stupid. She's practically begging you with those big, baby-doe eyes of hers.

Kyric nearly threw himself from the roof in that instant. His desire to be at Capris' side burned hotter than anything he'd experienced before, but it was not to be. The lingering memory of her fear spoke volumes of how she saw him–a monster. Not deserving of her for even a second.

Taking a shaky breath, Kyric tossed a glance of his own Dez's way to see if the gendai intended on following him or not, then the Tengu disappeared past the ledge. He ran the opposite way of his whatever-she-was-to-him and launched himself onto a shorter rooftop. The night was young and the bounty hunters would be out in force.

It was time to disappear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom