Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Full Leather Jacket

Husband? Had she mentioned that already? Why was he suddenly disappointed? No, simply a pity. Then again, that was just a flirtatious idiot’s imagination getting the better of him. There were some lines that even a Sith wouldn’t cross, however, and marriage was certainly one of them. Yet, what chances would he have had with this woman anyway, whose age he didn’t even know, whose wisdom in turn was a mystery as much as her face?

Probably as many chances as you have of finding a hermit who may not exist to begin with, idiot. He listened without any real distraction. A bounty hunter sounded just as much fun as being an assassin, only at least Drane could play with taking in his bounties alive, and potentially get paid more for it anyway.

He had to laugh as his companion mentioned finding someone rich or dangerous or dangerously rich to kill. “Me too.” There was a lord he remembered, some pompous noble, who wasn’t so haughty when Drane’s blade found his stomach and the carrion found his remains.

“Eh, I guess I just mean they don’t exactly do it the way your employer would at a supermarket or anything. Not sure what I expected. There’s no paycheck with the logo of the Sith Order on it. Maybe I’m just speaking as somebody treating his order as a job but maybe that’s all it is. A means to an end.”

They trekked ahead when Drane stopped his bike again. “I’m a warrior first, you see, a Sith second. They promise violence and conflict.” He pointed. “And those swoopers promised a hermit. That, in the distance, appears to be a hermit’s hut.”

Salis Salis

Yeah that rich target just seemed an easy solution to money problems. There was always someone. Of course most of the time they had a bounty so she had a legal excuse. She only cared for the law in so far as it benefited her objectives, violence. If they were constantly after her, it would be more tiring than a challenge. Plus, they were the types to send her after the real fun. More convenient for both parties.

"That's all it was for me." she commented on what the sith were for him, his statement of what they promised grew a smile to her lips, "Yeah. That's a match. Violence and conflict was what I was there for too. Wouldn't go so far as a warrior though, more...just a killer or fighter."

Ah, so they had it. A brief signal to Zepher to cancel his search as they would head on over, "Well, guess we have to find out soon if we end up in arms again. Or without them. Whatever works." she laughed quietly to herself as she'd hop off her speeder when they arrived, looking at the hut with her eyes, but seeking it out with the force. Every crevice. Seeking to map it out and any force signature of interest, or potential lack of one. Like a human scanning device.

"Ever fight someone with force drain?" she asked curiously way off topic, maybe just memories resurfacing. Though she wasn't sure why, this place had nothing to do with him and they never ran into him in a jungle that she could remember. "Weird situation. Never did kill that guy, wander why he stopped showing up. Dangerous dude though. Shame he kept avoiding fighting me directly."

Drane T'keen Drane T'keen
The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider
Hope and Security (lightsabers)

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
501-Z_police_droid with MK II paladin blaster rifle Zepher
Z65_patrol_droid
MK_II_Paladin_blaster_rifle

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Wrist_link with up to date commlink and chrono that also connects to head piece.
Often carries extra commlinks on her.
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves
-Several phrik throwing knives

End up in arms again. There it was again. Husband of current or in the past, whatever it was exactly, Drane could not help but tease himself all over again. That’s one way to put it, I guess. Speeders parked at the bank of the river, the Sith and the Not!Sith hopped off and made their way over—together.

“Come again?” She had given a question just so, however he wasn’t sure of its phrasing specifically. Semantics and everything. “You mean have I ever fought someone with Force Drain or have I ever fought someone with Force, as Drane?”

He thought about that, waited on her response, but didn’t wait as he approached the hut to search for signs of a hermit. He also didn’t pick up any life signs in the vicinity, definitely not sentient with their kind of intelligence. Then again, how much sense can an odd hermit have in this forest?

“I’ve killed people here and there as a Thyrsian then as a Sith. Generally with the blade, however. Force, Sith magic, whatever, not really my cup of tea.” They approached the entrance of the small building. It didn’t look decrepit but didn’t look rich. “Hold that thought. Want to knock?”

Salis Salis

Last edited:
She stared blankly for a moment at his response then clicked her tongue, "Well...whadya know." she muttered not even bothering to give him an actual answer as they approached the hut. He went on to mention he usually killed with the blade, the rest weren't his thing. She supposed that's how it was for some people. She didn't really care one way or another, force, blaster, knife, sword, trap. It was all the same in the end. They were dead.

"Eh, sure" she answered and clacked her knuckles against the doorframe, "We've got an order of two hot chocolates and a large caf!" she called out without even thinking then humming to herself, smirking slightly, "I think that fight earlier might have made me think my words through just a little less."

Then again what good were words when violence spoke volumes. Well...no wait she was supposed to use those for the sake of avoiding violence. Oh well. They were already mostly avoiding that for now so it was just a matter of figuring out the artifacts location and function. Assuming the hermit wasn't the artifact or bringing it with them. Then there was additional problems. She realized her thoughts were drifting among the many possibilities of how this could play out, much like they used to.

The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Wrist_link with up to date commlink and chrono that also connects to head piece.
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

“Ahaha.” Drane couldn’t help but laugh at the knock of two hot chocolates and a large caf. “Don’t fret. If this hermit is mad in the sense of having lost his senses then he will easily believe it.” Most folks like ‘hermits’ lived as recluses due to one odd reason or the other to begin with. Or maybe he’s a watcher. An observer. A guardian of the mountains beside the river…

There was no response. They gave it a second but not a minute too long. “Maybe nobody is home.” The building was small and simple but still made of metal. The hut, the home of the hermit, was clearly constructed not with timber but with steel. Did they ferry it all this way just to be here? To be near?

Whatever the case, Drane knocked away. Still nothing. “THIS IS THE POLICE!” He politely held up a finger to his companion for silence in case that comment would make her no longer want to wait and get impatient.

“Hm. I don’t think anybody is home. Or nobody exists to begin with. Let’s go in.” Drane did not wait. The door was locked so, preferring the sword or not, the Sith relied on the Force to blow the door upward into the ceiling and stepped into the building to be greeted by darkness.

Salis Salis

Well at least he was amused, even if no occupant couldn't be suddenly surprised at the offer of ordered hot chocolate. She shrugged over his answer on if the hermit would believe it or not. Maybe, then again, maybe his senses in the force were as strong as hers and the two presences outside the door he felt a mile away. Or maybe he was mad in paranoia.

Regardless, no noise. And she couldn't apparently detect anything yet. Drane possibly did his own attempt at comedy before assuming no one was inside and blasting the door open. She snorted, "Could have at least left it semi-intact." she joked. Then again, her former introduction was usually an application of something literally called Force Destruction, the equivalent of a small bomb. So she wasn't really one to talk.

She returned her mask to her face instinctively. Not just because the lenses actually could dim and enhance light, but because she had a natural precaution against gaseous threats. It was probably one of the best ways to get the jump on a jedi or sith afterall, as the effects occurred after the point of infection. And thus, precognition could potentially be bypassed as by the time it caught onto the result, it may be too late.

Even with that, she sensed out for any lighting system. Including if he used such old techniques like torches. If not, she would simply use the force to enhance her senses and awareness to search unimpeded. "Ever have eyes for the throne? Or happy to stay as a warrior?" she further inquired as she'd start scouting the area.

The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

Even if he couldn’t currently sense another person’s presence besides his own and the woman beside him, the Sith was able to sense the environment, detecting enough of it to move about without the lights being on. His companion spoke a moment later as they began to search for this hermit.

“Hmm. I wouldn’t know what to do with a throne besides use its power to support my buttocks,” Drane admitted to her without a whisper. It would be easier and quicker if their presence was noticed. “Patient and polite, I like to think I am, but truly my heart is for carnage, not power.”

The lights came on the very next moment as an inner door opened and it wasn’t the front entrance.

“Ah that sorts out the power problem now I can yet again attempt another hot shower— WHOZITWOTZIT”

A old man in a white bath towel came out of what must be the bathroom and looked as shocked to see these two man and woman as whatever had shocked his fortress and knocked out the power.

“GAT DERN IT STAY BACK HEATHENS OR I’LL SERVE YA MAH SHILLELAGH”

He lifted said shillelagh like a weapon as Drane T’keen took in the strange scene.

Salis Salis

She rolled her eyes at him, humorously, but still. His insistence on taking her words in the most literal sense was amusing but also ever so slightly irritating since he wouldn't actually follow it up with a legitimate answer. Well, mostly. This time at least there was some form. Carnage not power, ever so familiar a feeling. She'd ended up in positions of power, but they weren't intentional on her part.

And then, out came a man. She raised an eyebrow at his arrival as she sought him out thoroughly with the force. Suspicious not only of who he was, but IF he was. Illusions, either through the force, or by more practical means, had a different sense in the force. If she could dig deep enough. If he had none and not just one that was reduced, he was probably fake. But force dead was also technically an option.

She didn't for a second assume he was simply an old man trying to take a show, "Why, does it taste good?" she prompted. Without reaching out a hand, assuming the 'shillelagh' even existed, she'd attempt to yank it from him with the force and over to her with a sudden burst of a force pull. "We're looking for something, can't imagine you have no idea what. But it'd be interesting if you didn't."

The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

The fact that Drane could be annoying wasn’t surprising to anybody, neither was the fact that a Force-sensitive, especially a Force-user, could in some way mask their Force signature. For Drane, this was second nature. He might not be a Jedi Shadow but he knew how to cloak in the shadows.

Following his companion’s yoinking of the man’s shillelagh from his grip, that man squealed like a pig as if he had only just then witnessed the Force in action. Drane didn’t know quite how to take that, if deception or not, but he had his own question after his companion’s.

“Are you Jedi? Sith?”

“Yes and no, kid.”

“You’re both?”

“No and yes. That said, tell me why you are here. WAIT. Lemme grab a beer.”

After moments of explaining, Drane politely declining the offer for well whatever the hell snailtail ale was, the hermit repeated.

“Stand on the beach. Follow the Frozen comet constellation. That will take you to the mountain, to the crater beneath, to your treasure.”
He nodded, sipped his tea, sitting cross-legged on the floor before a settee in a living room bereft of TV.

“Yet...it is indeed a big beach,” the hermit went on, sipped his tea, paused, sipped his tea, thought, sipped his tea, paused, sipped his tea, repeat.

“...Annnnnd?”

“To give you the exact spot on the beach, the location to plant your feet and face the constellation, I have only one further question…” The hermit looked between each person. “What…is your favorite…color!?”

Salis Salis

She raised a brow at the old man, which was a least visible beyond the mask. Both at his supposed surprise and his initial responses to Drane. She too would refuse any drink with a simple wave of the hand. Lots of situations she might accept, but her caution overtook her this time.

"Seems a redundant name. Comets are all frozen." she chuckled a little. But maybe it just meant the constellation. That also was, to her, not very good instructions. They'd need a starting point, as unless the constellation was distressingly NOT frozen in the sky and moved according to where on the beach you were, it could only be used for a single direction.

She gave an amused look under the helmet at Drane trying to press him for more information, and there he was, giving them the starting location. Or, soon anyway. Without even hesitating for his question she gave an answer, as if it was just as normal as any other question in this situation,
"Not sure I have one. Probably always liked red though. And maybe silver." that much was true. And it was no wander why red might be her favorite color, blood, fire, anger, heated metal, warning lights, and of course the sith weapon. Silver, well, many weapons had a steel or silver coloring. But it was also just a nice color to her.

But, she found it unlikely such a question could be used against her. So had no trouble throwing the answer at him.
"Come on, tell the man your favorite color." she gave as if she was some mother urging her child to give granny a hug. But underneath she was mostly just smirking in amusement at the situation and trying to mess with him in the tone.

The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

"CORRECT"

Red. Drane wanted to tut at that and he didn’t know why. His companion had grey armor, a purple sword and a yellow sword. Where does red fit into this? He’d scratch his head if it wasn’t wearing a helmet. Silver, though, silver makes sense. Silver was her figure, her tongue, her movements.
Of course, red probably just reflected her sense of blood, fire and anger; her aggression and passion that any Sith would relish and any Jedi would reject. Whatever the history behind her neutral answer, however, it appeared to satisfy the old man who, after a fashion, was little more than an obnoxious hermit.

Favorite color? What is this? Some What Is My Favorite Color gameshow or..? Before he could finish the thought, his companion had all but nudged him with her elbow. Granted, this was a basic enough question, no need for evasion; just be honest and answer and then come their answers.
Drane’s, in particular, whatever became of his present companion. Quite like this hermit. An old man who claimed to know the secret spot on the beach to watch the sky and ultimately find greater secrets.

“WHAT…is your favorite…COLOR!?” That damned man repeated.

“Black,” the Black Swordsman offered casually, standing with his arms crossed, hip out, like this was all somehow both the dumbest situation in existence as much as the easiest. “No, wait. Red.”

“INCORRECT”

-YEET!-

“WAAAAAAIIIIIIIT”

The hut’s front entrance flew open just then as Drane went flying backwards out of the building and into the trees.

Salis Salis

Salis raised an amused brow at the 'man' before them as he stated her answer was correct. She waited like she was at a comedy show as he repeated his question towards Drane. He did end up with an answer, black. Not a surprise, then amended it. Red, pretty reasonable....or not? Soon the sith warrior had been flung through the front entrance and into the trees.

She almost instinctively reached out in the force without moving a hand attempting to cushion whatever impact he might have had. But her attention was mostly focused on the man that could potentially hurl even sith through doorways. She wasn't afraid, that was not an experience she often had. She was curious, entertained, amused. And still interested.

"What's your favorite color?" she asked the man tilting her head at him. Meanwhile reaching out with the force also trying to check and see how Drane was doing. It was an unintrusive prodding at him really. While feeling out in the force to see if he had a sort of response. She wasn't a master telepath or anything but she could still get a lot by feels.

Of course part of the reason for the dual focus was just in case he was trying to trick her, and had in fact thrown himself from the door. If it was some plot, she didn't want to risk falling for it and for him to simply run off in search of the real hut. Though she rather doubted that was what was happening. It would just be too comical for most sith, and how many were willing to humiliate themselves just to get someone off their tail. He also shouldn't have had the time for a setup like this.

The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom