Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GA Dominion of Lothal (Objective List and OOC)

Hey everyone.
Now most of you are probably wondering why I am posting a Galactic Alliance Dominion in our forums.

Well the simple answer is the Galactic Alliance and First Order are aligning in an OOC sense in order to aid both our factions.
We will be aiding with their dominions as opposition as they will aid with ours, making it both easier and funner to take over a planet and add it to our holdings.

These dominions are completely optional for you as a writer, you are not required to write within them just as I don't expect you to ever feel you HAVE to write anything for us. Join if you want and make a OOC friend or two.

Now this Dominion is a 150 post dominion, meaning that post counts per writer can go up to 30 rather than the normal 20. So get your story on.

Below I have quoted the objective list for your consideration:

Nubica Felidae said:
Draft objectives for Lothal (for discussion/debate)

Following a conversation with [member="Coren Starchaser"] and [member="Aram Kalast"] of the First Order (cue much booing and hissing and thrown popcorn), there is a proposed 150-post Galactic Alliance Dominion to review/debate/discuss agree.

The idea is to make it a collaborative affair (with the GA reciprocating for the FOs next Dominion). And when I say collaboration, I guess I mean fighting :p

So, here are the proposed objectives:

Objective one: Recover the kyber crystal

Kyber crystals were rare, Force-attuned crystals that grew in nature and were found on scattered planets across the galaxy – including Lothal.

They were used by the Jedi and the Sith in the construction of their lightsabers. There were also larger, rarer crystals of great power and that, according to legends, were used at the heart of ancient superweapons by the Sith.

The crystals concentrated energy in a unique manner and were attuned to the Force, resonating with it.

"Long ago in forgotten times, when the Sith and Jedi fought for control of the galaxy, weapons there were, of unimaginable power. Always at their heart, a kyber crystal was."
―Yoda

During ancient wars between the Jedi and the Sith, in which both sides fought for control over the galaxy, superweapons were created by the Sith that were powered by giant kyber crystals. Although these stories were considered legends, a giant kyber crystal was discovered on Utapau during the Clone Wars. The Jedi were able to destroy the crystal, though Yoda was concerned that Darth Sidious would discover another giant kyber crystal in order to construct another superweapon.

After the fall of the Galactic Republic and the rise of the Galactic Empire, Sidious constructed the Death Star, a battle station capable of destroying entire planets. Kyber crystals were used as part of the Death Star's superlaser and the Empire continued to search for new crystals five years before the Battle of Yavin. One such crystal was located by the rebels from Lothal, who discovered its location and destroyed it. The destruction produced a large shockwave, destroying everything in its path.

Kylo Ren's lightsaber used a cracked kyber crystal, which generated more power. The excess power was vented out the sides, thus creating the crossguard design he is known for.

The most important and prestigious vessels of the First Order had weapons upgraded with kyber crystals from some secret source in the Unknown Regions.

Of course legends are passed down from generation to generation, and sometimes they are just stories. But recent activity by The Jedi Order and the First Order on the planet Lothal uncovered one truth – the giant kyber crystal of lore was a reality. And where there’s one, there may be another. So both sides invested time and energy into seeking the whole truth. No Bothans died bringing the information to the Alliance’s hands – but it’s fair to say they were pleased to find the location of such a giant crystal. But less pleased to understand the First Order had too.

So...in a distant cave, a research team looking to number the protected sub-species of Lothal-bat that lived in the mountains to the south of the planet stumbled across it. Inaccessible and with no clear place to land a ship for five kilometres, it would be a foot race to the site. And no doubt a fist-fight once reached. To the victor, the spoils.

[So, a PvP objective with x writers per side. And the x should be composed of y FUs and z NFUs – or it could be a free for all. So, we need to agree if numbers are restricted or should be entirely open. Regardless, the winner of this objective gets to keep the giant crystal :)]

Objective two: Secure the Academy

The former Academy for Young Imperials was based in the Capital City and near a ten-kilometre field in the Easthills. It housed and educated recruits for the Imperial Army. Quite simply, it trained stormtroopers.

It had fallen into disrepair and was stripped of anything of note. But a recent small earthquake had opened up a previously unknown subterranean level. The Academy’s vaults.

Who knows what secrets they hold? Prototype weapons? Data? Special training programmes? The location of a giant kyber crystal? Rare droids?

[PvP or PvE. More of a free for all]

Objective Three: Rebuild the Junior Academy of Applied Sciences

The former Junior Academy of Applied Sciences, commonly referred to as "Junior AppSci", was an academy in Lothal's Capital City. But it had fallen into disrepair since the reign of the Galactic Empire several years before the Battle of Yavin. The school was renown for its grav-ball, chin-bret, and track and field events. In addition, Junior AppSci was used by the Academy for Young Imperials to recruit prospective Imperial cadets.

Why not help rebuild the old Academy, back to its former glory and turn it into a place to recruit Young Alliance cadets?

Build the infrastructure? Recruit staff? Go on a recruitment drive for students? Hold an open day for allcomers to look around? Meet a new Padawan or recruit new troopers or pilots here (or meet a new Master or CO here of course)?

[A non-violent and more social thread]

Objective Four: Find yourself a kyber crystal

There are many places on Lothal that the crystals can be found. If you are looking to build a saber, or swap out your existing crystal, where better to look? And kyber crystals are colourless when found. They change colour when a saber is crafted - so come in all hues, including Sith crimson!

Objective Five: Stop the crime lord that’s currently shaking down the local farmers

Rumour has it a local crime-lord is running a protection racket. He’s hired in plenty of muscle and it needs some kindly folks to end his oppressive regime.

Objective Six: Do your own thing

Always an option...

So, thoughts? And as for when, given the timing of the Invasion, starting very soon might be a good idea.

And just so you know, the FO will be seeing this information today too.

Plan your objectives, organise yourselves. We are going crystal hunting!

Sibar Laval

S
I will be taking objective two. Can't have the Alliance ruining perfectly good artifacts and the like.

The Supreme Leader has personal interest in this giant Kyber Crystal.
Aram has dispatched orders to assure that the First Order secure the crystal and return it to Dosuun for processing.
We are so not starting a plot that involves a prototype deathstar...I swear....

[member="Djark Slove"]
Just remember these objectives are written for the Galactic Alliance...They are seeking the end of the Crimelord...we...well I guess we would want him gone too...we just want his stuff!

Also, not that there seems to be any confusion, but just in case:

This is an OOC partnership ONLY. The GA seem to be good fellas, so we're helping them out.

But don't worry. They're still our mortal enemies IC. :)

I'm totally in for this. Scratch their back, they'll scratch ours. We could seriously use the help of a huge and crazy active major faction like the GA to keep afloat with our own dominions.

I'll drop something in soon. Little tired at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom