Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Golomancy

M977SXg.png

Everything had gone wrong on their first trip, but this time around things had settled far better. With the threat at least removed from Niv Hani and the temple here on Ossus aware of the threat, Kahlil was far more comfortable bringing Vera back. The crystals of Ossus had already given their permission, so now was the time to properly make the first. Not the prototype, but the full autonomous form. He lifted up quite the heavy bag of clay before setting it on the workbench within the room, idly glancing it over.

It was not imbued with the Force, as they'd need it to be. The inner body, to act as the control code before they fit it with something stronger. It needed to be malleable. And, imbued. He smiled at that part. There's a reason he hadn't done it yet, and sure enough that reason would come right through the door. It was early morning here, far too early to not have woken her up from a restful sleep. He was excited, and this time he wasn't going to let anything get in their way from finishing the project they'd been working on all this time.

"Morning, little star. You ready?"

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Ossus

Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"Morning..."
Vera walked into the workshop, yawned and rubbed her eyes. She was very excited to continue their project and finally get a golem up and running, but waking up early was always a struggle for the young Noble. She had no idea how Mom and Dad did it, but maybe she just loved rolling around in bed a little too much.

Especially when Fuzzy crawled up against her, or even Nibbles.

"I made you coffee." She set his #1 Dad mug down on the workbench and looked at him with a smile. She didn't drink coffee herself, but she knew her Dad usually wasn't properly awake until after he had his morning caf.

Vera then stepped forward to give him a quick kiss against his cheek and turned her eyes to the clay.

"It's time, huh? Finally, we will have a golem to protect the Temples." She paused and turned a little grin of mischief to her father. "Do you think we can use one to pull a prank on Mom?"

Last edited:

M977SXg.png

Kahlil just had a warm smile as Vera entered the room, looking well beyond tired. It was it's own form of training getting her used to waking up in the early mornings. With how the Galaxy was changing again, he wanted her to at least be prepared to do what she needed if the worst ever happened. Not hat he let such thoughts linger in his mind. Instead he reached out to take up the cup, sipping from it.

"We could, but we won't." He snickered, glancing down to Vera for a moment longer. Then to the clay on the table before another smile formed from the kiss on his cheek. "These are built to protect, not prank. We'll start here. Or rather, you will. Remember the chalk? It's the same process I need you to do to form this clay. Imbue it with the Force for me."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Ossus

"How's the coffee?"
she asked sleepily, though with a little smile when she noticed how he brightened up after the kiss. No matter how tall or old she'd get, she would always be his little star, huh? With the thought still on her mind, Vera turned to the clay and sighed softly when the idea of a prank was taken away from her.

"You're no fun," Vera said with a smirk before she turned and removed her backpack. It was the same backpack she had years ago, so it looked somewhat childish with its bright yellow color and prints of teddy bears on it. But there were memories tied to it, so she didn't want to get a new one.

Even if some other Padawans laughed at her for it.

Reaching inside, Vera grabbed a little box that contained the chalk he had given her, and held it out in her hand, "I could draw these runes blindfolded now, Dad. I've been practicing a lot!" Already, that chaotic energy was starting to appear. "I want to learn some new runes."

"Runes that let me protect more people."

M977SXg.png

"It's good. You've figured out how to make it pretty well."

He took another sip, still smiling as he watched her. She'd grown so much now, but indeed, she would always be his little star. Even now. He reached down to set the mug on the counter, glancing as she took out the case of chalk from the bag. He knew of it. Valery had told him about it when he'd come home the first time since they all believed he died. Vera was brave then. And brave now.

Even if she was a little gremlin at times for her desire to prank people.

"First, the clay. Get that prepared for the skeleton of the golem by infusing it with the Force. We'll get to runes after we get that finished, alright?"

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Ossus

"I'm still learning, but Mom doesn't want to share her coffee secrets,"
Vera said with a chuckle. "She says it's so I learn and experiment myself, but I think she just doesn't want me to make better coffee for you than her." She was all smug now, feeling as if she was reading her own Mom like a book. The whole family knew what she was like, and how much she cared about being able to provide special things for the family.

Dad's coffee, Aris' cocoa...

"Fine, but I have something to show you later, too. I've been learning something new!" She grinned excitedly and finally pulled out her chalk to start conjuring up some runes. They had gone through the patterns many times, but Vera had found ways to add her own little twists to it.

This was going to be a big golem.

"Do you think we should name it?"

M977SXg.png

"That.. Does sound like your mother."

He didn't hide his chuckle. There were just some things that were precious to Valery, and the biggest was what she could provide to the family. It didn't matter that she gave so much already, she wanted to have her specialties. He didn't blame her, of course. If anything it was pat of why he loved her so much. "You can show me later, Little Star. For now, focus."

He did end up pausing though in his own thoughts. A name, huh?

"We can give suggestions to the Kyber, but it'll ultimately be their choice, no?"

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Ossus

Vera grinned when he started to chuckle, "It does, but you are just as silly about some stuff, you know." If he thought he was off the hook just because she decided to mess with her Mom, he was wrong. She also wasn't going to clarify what made him silly - he'd have to ask or else she'd just unpack her stuff and get to work with a smug little grin.

Nobody was safe from her teasing.

"I am focused," she said stubbornly, "I just want to show you what I learned later." She smiled and watched the clay closely, as it reshaped to her will, infused with the Force via her runes. The purple patterns made for a pretty sight too, and mixed with her Dad working in his own runes, or more complex ones, it really would be a family project.

"Yeah they should like their names. I was thinking about offering Sith Smasher or Beskar Breaker." That little gremlin grin began to spread again, as she looked up at her father. "That should scare enemies from even trying to attack, huh?"

M977SXg.png

He was certainly silly about his own things, but he wasn't about to admit that out loud. Not to his daughter, at least. He took another sip of his caf and ended up just taking a seat as he watched her. The first step would be infusing the clay with the Force. Then they would mark it with runes. Right now he wanted to see how much control she had over the ability to infuse and refine material, like she had to with the chalk.

"It would be a simple name, but I don't think they should be called something that spiteful. We are Jedi, after all."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Ossus

"Fiiine, you're no fun,"
Vera said, her grin full of mischief while she worked on infusing the clay with the Force. In a way, it felt as if she was making the clay itself come alive, and with Kyber at the heart of each golem, it wasn't even that far from the truth. This body would be an extension of the Kyber's will, so it needed to be perfect. She forced herself to make this perfect.

A guardian of the Light, and she was making it together with her Dad. The thought of it all made her smile uncontrollably.

She was going to make him proud.

"Like this?" Vera took a deep breath as the Force begsn to flow from her to the clay. She was not as strong as her parents, but there was a purity to her that did match her parents. "It's demanding..."

M977SXg.png

"There's fun, then there's naming these golems into weapons. We're not making these to harm people, Vera. We're making them to help protect." It was an important distinction, and one fundamental to all Jedi beliefs. Act to defend, not to attack. He nodded along as he watched her handle the clay before smiling. She was putting a lot of pressure on herself.

While admirable, that wasn't what the Force cared for.

"Calm yourself. We've all the time in the world right now, so don't hurry. Guide the Force into it, help it find a home within the clay, but don't force it. You can't force water through a barrier, only guide it to the openings."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Ossus

"Dad... I'm just messing around,"
Vera grumbled with just a little pout. She knew they weren't building golems just to attack or hurt people, even if they were Sith, but she supposed that it was important for him to mention it. As self-aware as she was, Vera realized that she could be a little bit chaotic at times.

Did he really think she'd be that aggressive?

Vera blinked but didn't spend much time thinking about it. Instead, she focused on the clay and listened to her Dad's advice. She relaxed her body, steadied her breathing, and just allowed a gentle flow from her body to the material. Like guiding water through openings within a barrier.

"I'll take it easier. I'm just... excited, you know?" She opened one eye to look at him. "I've been dreaming and thinking about this ever since we started. Now we're finally doing it, huh?"

You and me.

M977SXg.png

"I know. Sorry. We're still Jedi, you know. I have to impart my wisdom." He chuckled lightly as he reached over to pat the top of her head. Sometimes he forgot he was her father first, especially when it came to moments like this with the Force. He just couldn't help himself from falling into his usual habits as a Jedi. "I'm excited too. But you can't let that excitement get in the way of doing it right, okay? Focus now. Once you're finished we'll start on the body."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Ossus

"You're also my Dad and this means a lot to me."
She finally looked up from the clay and smiled when he patted her head. She knew his Jedi side and Aris was much the same - she just wanted to make sure they did not forget she was family, too. Much like Mom, she cared a great deal about that connection.

But for now, she would be focused.

Quiet and without turning to her father, Vera closed her eyes and steadied her breathing. The Force responded, and while usually not particularly powerful in her hands, it moved like a tidal wave now, but one controlled by the young Jedi Seer. When Vera truly set her mind to something, she wouldn't fail.

Vera was not going to let her Father down.

"It is done."

M977SXg.png

"I'm so very glad it does, little star."

He wasn't going to say anything more on that, not with how focused she was. But it was his family that kept him grounded in reality. It was Vera, Valer, Adam, Aurra, Aerryn, Aris, Collete, Eyx. They kept him here, not in the embrace of the Force and it's guidance. He truly didn't know what his life would be like without them, but he doubted it would be half as good as it was now.

He fell silent as she did, watching as she moved the current. The wave, even. A proud smile formed as she finished and he stepped beside her to pat her shoulder. "Good job, Vera. Lets make the skeleton now."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Last edited:

Ossus

"I know."
Vera grinned just briefly. He was kinda stoic at times, but every Noble knew just how much of a family man he was. Whenever he had time away from Jedi duty, he was pretty much always at home, spending time with Mom or the kids. It made their childhoods amazing, even though most of the little ones were too young to really see that now.

One day, they would all look back at their time at home fondly. At their time with Mom and Dad.

"I want this one to not have weapons." Vera opened her eyes and reached into her backpack to produce a drawing. "I saw this golem in a vision and discussed it with the Kybers. I want to make this one." She looked at him with an excited smile.

"Will you help me, Dad? We're going to need a lot of clay."

Last edited:

M977SXg.png

"Ohho?"

Kahlil raised a brow as he glanced to the drawing. She wanted to make one that large? Well. Go big or go home, he figured. He glanced to the clay before smiling wider. They'd need more, but they had enough to at least start with the core. "Let's get the heart of it made first. We can get more clay to get it in it's proper shape. What are yu planning for this one to do, anyway?"

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Ossus

"Are you really surprised?"
She looked up at him from the corners of her eyes, her lips tugged up into a grin. They could make golems of any size, so had he really imagined that she wanted their first to be something small and unimpressive? No, if they were going to show the rest of the family — and later the Jedi Order — what they've been up to, she wanted their jaws to drop. Besides, a big golem like this was way cooler, too.

It just lacked weapons.

"Maybe to protect New Cov? My vision did show it protecting a Temple, but I'm not sure which one." She shrugged and continued shaping the clay for now. Whatever its purpose would be, she knew it was going to be an unstoppable Guardian for most potential threats.

"Because it lacks weapons, I want to make sure it can shield and protect via its runes. But... I've had some other ideas as well. They're not nearly as easy, though."

M977SXg.png

"There is the underwater temple we've been working on lifting back up to the surface. They could make a wonderful guardian there." If there was to be a temple on New Cov, it would be the one Valery and him had found. Both to safe guard that pathway to the outer Galaxies and to perhaps invite those in. "Shield runes are easy enough. No laser eyes, though, Vera."

He glanced to her with a calm, knowing smile. She'd want those, even if she knew it was already a no.

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Ossus

"That would be a good Temple to protect! It wouldn't just shield the Temple either, but Niv Hani as well."
Vera squealed out her joy and leaned in for a sidehug to show her excitement. This whole project has been nothing but amazing, but now that they finally had real practical use in sight, it just felt even better. It wasn't a distant thing for the future anymore — soon enough, their golems were going to be walking around, protecting Temples and planets everywher-

"No laser eyes, though, Vera."

Vera pouted.

"That's not what I meant, Dad!" Vera squinted at him and grumbled. Of course, laser eyes would be extremely cool, but she had a way better plan than that!

"A lot of the strength of these Golems comes from the heart, right? From the Kybers that help us bring them to life. Well, I was thinking — what if a Golem wasn't controlled by one Kyber, but by two? I think that coordination would be very difficult... unless the Kybers are yours and Mom's." She looked at him with a little smile.

"Your bond extends to your crystals, too. We could even build a Golem body for Chaos and Serenity!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom