Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Hammer I-Class Heavy Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manufacturer: N&Z Umbrella Corporation
Market Status: Open Market
Production: Mass-Produced
Length: Average
Width: Average
Height: Average
Size: Large
drock-nicotine-2x.jpg

Image source: [X]

STANDARD FEATURES

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Modular Platform: Because it uses the Tiber I modular platform, this ship benefits from the robust build and extremely good defenses this platform provides, with state of the art sensory arrays, shielding and quality plating.
  • Multilayered Shielding: With the NZ SSP-SIXTUS shield system package, the Allegiance III-class can boast to have one of the most powerful and multifunctional shield defenses in the galaxy, thanks to a six layered overlapping shield system with a wide variety of resistences.
STRENGTHS
  • Robust: Thanks to a serious effort placed in making this ship virtually untouchable by raiders and pirates, it boasts quite an array of defensive systems that allow it to shrug off most laser and kinetic damage types in order to safeguard the cargo and the ship's crew during transportations of goods.
  • Breacher: Because of the heavily reinforced and angular plated front end, this ship is capable of using it's stern as a battering ram in order to forcefully breach enemy positions or capital ships, which in combination with the forward located hangars allows for an easy invasion of breached positions.
  • Fleet carrier: Any proper fleet that operates in entire sectors rather than just systems will need a carrier of some sort and this vessel is such a carrier, but where usual carriers act in a support role, this starship can be both a capital ship as well as a support ship. It can in a sense literally carry the fleet, for it combines adequate firepower with a surprisingly sturdy build and a large interior that allows for carrying ample squadrons of starfighters and support craft in a safety not many other carriers can provide.
WEAKNESSES
  • Sluggish: This ship has the downside of utter weight and bulk, which makes it rather tedious to maneuvre and handle, though once it does get going anything in its path may very well be made of spacedust.
  • Highly automated: As much of a boon the high automation of the ship is in general, this also has its obvious and quite important downsides. Mainly that should there be something wrong with the AI, such as its systems being fried or it being forced to reboot in case of direct EMP on its core, the requirement for optimal crew numbers may in reality not be enough considering a whole heap of otherwise automated fuctions must now be manually operated, which may stretch the previously optimal crew thin or even to inoperable reach.
DESCRIPTION
Soon after the design of the Sunderer I-Class Heavy Destroyer had been completed and had passed the review of the N&Z Umbrella Corporation's approval for production, the ship designers and engineers of the company instantly set to work on the creation of a sister model in the form of the Hammer-I class Heavy Carrier.

From the onset, the plan was to design a ship utilizing most of the superstructure and hull design of the Sunderer-I class and to expand its facilities in order to provide a larger cargo space and a higher capacity in terms of Hangar allocations. To this end, the tried and true Tiber-I platform was once again used as the very basis of this ship, with the added load out of the Sunderer. However, to grant this ship its larger cargo capacity and interior space, the hull was widened and the keel deepened, though at the same time the amount of weapon placements was reduced significantly in order to further ensure the ship's structural integrity and lower the potential weight, which was already on the heavy end on the scale (hence the classicifcation obviously).

Like practically all N&Z ship designs, this ship has both the advantage and disadvantage of being practically fully automated, with its AI taking over most standard and mundane operations and tasks such as internal lights, charting and plotting courses, overall navigation, tracking and object location, all locking mechanisms engine and reactor output, etc. Ofcourse while this grants a great deal of autonomy to the ship and allows for much smaller crewnumbers when it comes to operating this ship, in case of emergencies which are caused by a failing or compromised AI, these numbers may end up being too little to effectively operate this ship at its best capacity.

The Hammer-I Heavy carrier upon the completion of its design was hailed as a very good replacement of several of the ships currently on offer within the company's product line up. To add even more functionality, the Hammer-I class, just like its sister model would be capable of being modified for the clients on purchase.

Out Of Character Info

Intent: To create a standard issue heavy carrier platform
Permissions: N&Z Umbrella Corporation, HPI Consortium

Technical Information

Affiliation: N&Z Umbrella Corporation
Starship Class: Star Destroyer (1000m-2000m)
Starship Role: Carrier
Modular: Yes
Material: Plasteel, tungstoid, durasteel, doonium, carbonite, duralium, coloan copper, electrum, Impervium
Armaments: See main body
Defense Rating: Very High
Speed Rating: Low
Maneuverability Rating:: Low
Energy Resist: High
Kinetic Resist: High
Radiation Resist: Low
Minimum Crew: 350
Optimal Crew: 550
Cargo Capacity: Large
Status
Not open for further replies.