Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"You drive a hard bargain," Alicio said, a fatherly smile pulling at his lip as he gave his daughter a very official handshake. "Deal, little lady."

A politician in the making, this one.

Liana's eventual question was... a difficult one to answer. Alicio walked up, and sat cross-legged in front of her bed, leaning his back against the frame with a distant look. "I would like to. But... I don't know if we will."

It was important to him to be honest with the children. Liana and August needed to learn how to talk about sad things, too. "Are you going to miss anything about our old home?"
Alicio-Divider.png

August looked up at Amani as she played with his hair, his blue eyes mirroring her own. "That is good," he relented, even if his apprehension didn't entirely leave his face. Perhaps he picked up on his mother's sudden hesitance, or maybe he was still in need of a little more cuddling, because he sat up, and leaned into Amani's side for a hug.

"If any bad guys or monsters come when I am in my room, can you hit them with your lightsaber?" August smirked devilishly, waggling his arm around. "Vwoom-vwoom."

- Amani Serys Amani Serys -

The handshake codified their agreement, as far as Liana was concerned. She grinned wide, as if she had just gotten away with something dastardly. But thoughts of their past home quickly changed her tune. She wasn't quite sad, at least not at first, but perhaps a bit deflated. When Alicio admitted he wasn't sure if they would, she sank a little more into the former. She didn't quite understand why, but she knew she would miss it. Change was scary sometimes.

"I will miss… my bedroom. This bedroom is nice but, I like my old one too." She looked up, "I miss our friends who came there. Will we still see them?"

"Mhm," Amani wrapped her arm around August as he leaned in for a hug. She sat still, sighing contentedly and enjoying the time for what it was. Her son's question even got a chuckle out of her, "Of course. I wouldn't let them get to you," She mimicked the sound of a lightsaber igniting, and they had themselves a little verbal duel, complete with hums and clashing sounds.

"But don't worry. You'll be even safer here than our old home."

Alicio let himself be a calm, still presence as Lia spoke, finding eye contact with her, a somber sort of smile on his face. "Mhm. You and August had a good room." It was smaller than this one, but it was all they'd known.

Then, of course, Lia asked a very difficult question. Alicio pondered it a moment, mulling his thoughts over with a characteristically thoughtful pause. "Yes. When your mother or I need to go to Coruscant, we can take you with us. So you can still spend some time at the Temple." Yes, it would be less, but they would likely still be there with some frequency, given how busy their parents were.

"I'm going to miss our apartment, too. Mom and I were just talking about that." He turned, and let a hand rest on his daughter's . "But I'm more happy than sad. Because what I would miss most, we're taking with us."

"You. And Auggie. And Mom."

Alicio-Divider.png

"Thank you, Mommy," the little boy said, squeezing her tight, before pulling away. They conducted an epic duel with air-sabers, then, August's infectious giggling interrupting his fooms and wub-wubs. "I gonna hit monsters for you, too."

With that settled, the little boy toddled off the bed, and made a mad dash towards the entrance to the room, holding out his hands as if he were piloting an X-wing. "Fly!," he shouted, before running from the room, intent on exploration.

"Okay," Liana replied, her feet swaying idly. She didn't seem totally convinced, but was hopeful enough to trust her dad. "Maybe we can make new friends here, too," The princess shrugged, attempting to solve her own problem.

"But I'm more happy than sad. Because what I would miss most, we're taking with us."

"You. And Auggie. And Mom."

Lia smiled, and outstretched her arms to hug Alicio. After a few seconds, she asked, "What about Archie?" It was very important to her that the bird be involved too. That reminded her, "Can he sleep in my room?"

"You're welcome," Amani squeezed him a second longer after he tried to pull away. "Hey, y'know what else? We could have Archie's cage be in here with you. He's a good lookout," Might take some of the load off from her as well. Liana got first dibs on rooms. August might as well get the pet.

They played with imaginary lightsabers, "Oh really?" Amani replied. Naturally, August's attention flipped on a dime, and he switched from Jedi to X-Wing as he 'flew' out of the room, "Don't go too far!" Amani called, following him into the hall.

"I'm sure you will, lovely." Of course, they would make new friends here. But Alicio didn't want to completely separate the twins from their old friends, even if Lia was taking the news with a considerable amount of emotional maturity.

Of course, Alicio took the hug as it was given, taking the opportunity to pull Liana off her bed, and onto the floor with him, releasing a sneaky snicker into her ear.

"What about Archie?"

"Yes, Archie, too."

Alicio was about to answer 'of course' to the notion of Archie sleeping in Lia's room, when he received a flash of... emotional distress... from the future. Alicio cocked his head to the side, before his face became noticeably more cautious. "Let's see where Archibald wants to sleep," he finally decided on, hoping the answer was vague enough to avoid any disastrous premonitions coming true. Lifting his little baby into the air, Alicio carried her out into the big room again, intent on continuing their tour.
Alicio-Divider.png

"Mkay!" August didn't like 'aminals' as much as his sister did (butterflies still made him cry, the poor little prince), but Archie was a rare exception. "He can fight bad guys too! Arrrr..." The fantasy of Pirate Jedi Prince August seemed to flash behind the toddler's eyes. Lightsaber in one hand, his trusty parrot on his shoulder, probably an eyepatch...

Alicio arrived just in time to see August shoot out of the door like a rocket, and towards a random section of the palace. "Woah, where are you going?"

"Fly!"

"Oh. Okay, then." Alicio sent a look Amani's way, and shrugged. He supposed that was as good a sign as any to move on.

Last edited:
"I think Archie wants to sleep in my room!" Lia said confidently, a slight mischievous smirk on her lips as if saying as much might twist events in her favor. She wheee'd with delight as her dad tossed her up into the air, and carried her back out into the hall.

"That's right," Amani said. If the bird could give him some comfort, then great. Dad and sister returned shortly after, just as August ran out of the room. Amani gave Alicio a similar look, and chuckled, "He's off in is own world." The boy certainly had an imagination.

"We ready to keep going? Still a lot of house left to see." Amani stood up off the bed, "Like maybe the kitchen?" Her turn to suggest the next stop. They had some good memories of the kitchen. Here's hoping they could make a few more.

With their daughter in hand, Alicio rejoined Amani, both following the breakneck pace of their son. The new king nodded once, flashing an amused smile. "I don't think I had half his energy, when I was little." Bobbing his step to jostle the toddler in his arms, he turned into the hallway, noting as August ran down one way, his hand running along the wall as he went.

"August! This way!" Alicio jerked his head, and August did a one-eighty, never once stopping his ship noises.

The kitchen was relatively close to their new quarters. Walking into it, the former Count was immediately bombarded by the aroma of food, and the sounds of washing dishes. Three or four cooks were flitting about, working at stations, checking the walk-in freezer, and managing the books. One noticed the royals walk in, and barked out a surprised "Your Majesties!"

The other cooks perked up quickly, arranging themselves into a professional line, each one bowing respectfully at the waist as they came within speaking distance. The one in the lead, a portly man with salt-and-pepper hair, nodded respectfully to them. "King Alicio. Queen Amani." Then, the man flashed a smile to the twins. "Princess and Prince Organa. Welcome to the palace."

"Amani, kids, this is Marin, the palace's Executive Chef. I worked with him during the succession talks. He's going to... help us make food." Alicio couldn't quite mask the hesitation in his voice. It would be... quite the change, to have a team of people cooking for them, now.

"Indeed. As the ruling family of all Alderaan, you will have enough on your plates, without having to worry about what's on your plates." Marin's mouth pursed, obviously holding back a self-congratulatory smirk. "It is the honor of myself and my team to ensure your health and safety in all culinary matters, if you'll have us."

"Of course. Thank you, Marin." Alicio nodded appreciatively, though his hesitation continued. "And... you won't mind if we invade your space here, from time to time? We... like cooking for ourselves, and that's not a tradition I wish to completely abandon."

"A king goes where he pleases in his own castle, your Grace." Marin shot another grin, before turning to the whole family again. "I'll make sure to keep the kitchen well-stocked. But for tonight, I humbly request the honor of personally preparing your dinner. To show you what we can do."

"Does the Royal Family have any requests?"

Amani grinned, "Must have got it from me."

Entering the new kitchen, they were inundated with all the scents one would expect from such a high end culinary station. Herbs and spices wafted through the air, and Liana upturned her nose as if to get a better sniff of it, "What that?"

One of the cooks quickly noted their arrival, and the head chef offered a proper greeting. Amani dipped her head in acknowledgement, "It's good to meet you Marin. Say hi, kids." Liana waved.

Alicio was naturally hesitant about the prospect of never cooking again. Marin seemed plenty understanding, under the stipulation that he be permitted to prepare tonight's meal.

"Does the Royal Family have any requests?"

"Nuna Nugget!" Liana declared. A whole royal cooking staff at their disposal, and of course the toddler still just wanted some good nuggets.

"I blame you too, Farm Girl," he murmured lovingly, only distracted in the moment by the smells of food.

August was quick to introduce himself on the coattails of his sister, shouting out a big "Hi!" Then, the offer for the staff to attempt any food was presented, and the little boy seemed inordinately excited at Liana's suggestion. "Nuggies!," he shouted, bobbing his head up and down. Alicio looked to the adults in the room, and shrugged.

They wanted a challenge, after all.

Chef Marin blinked once, then smiled. "Um... of course! The finest Nuna Nuggets, for the children." He side-eyed the parents. "And we'll figure out something more, shall we say, fulfilling for Your Majesties. We will alert you once we've completed your meal, and of course, you may take it at the dining room or in your quarters, if you prefer."

"That would be wonderful. Thank you." Alicio smirked. "Alright. Still plenty to see."

"Where to next?"

Despite the pedestrian tastes of the children, Marin was happy (if a bit confused) to oblige. A man in his position was no doubt eager for more of a challenge. Amani chuckled, "I'm not picky. Surprise us." She winked the chef, and turned to follow the family.

"Where to next?"

"There's a garden isn't there?" Amani asked, trying not to sound too invested, "I wouldn't mind seeing that, if we have the time…" A coy smile spread across her lips.

Liana took charge, "We go see the garden! Mommy likes gardens." She marched onward, without a sense of which direction the garden actually was.

"Garden, then nuggies!" August quickly jumped onto Liana's bandwagon again, following behind her with complete confidence.

"What?" Alicio faked surprise, catching up to Lia to correct their trajectory down a different hallway. "I thought Mommy hated plants."

"Nooo!"

"Mmm... I'm pretty sure she's scared of them." He snickered, looking over his shoulder at Amani. It was fun to antagonize the kids sometimes.

They had to go a greater distance through the palace to get to the indoor garden. Alicio occupied himself by explaining some of the surrounding area to his family. Aldera was beautiful because of it's cohabitation with nature. Parks were almost as common as intersections on Alderaan, and much of the architecture incorporated nature into it's design.

"...There's plenty for someone with a green thumb to occupy themselves with," Alicio finally said, a light smile on his face. Of course, timed perfectly with opening the door ahead.

There was an immediate temperature change, the air feeling a few degrees warmer as the Organas stepped into the indoor garden. The sun's warmth filtered through heavy glass above, lighting rows of bright meadow flowers in warm colors. Pathways wormed between them, alongside twisting troughs of water. It looks almost like a beautiful shining meadow had been grown from the palace floor, intersected by a sluggish, peaceful brook.

Alicio let the others take in the sight for a moment, letting the scent of fresh growing things hit his nose, before pulling a packet from his pocket, and offering it to Amani. It was palm-sized, and held the tiniest bloom of a flower, orange and yellow like a sun's rays. "Remember Hologram Fun World?" His mind traveled back to the good parts of that day with Val and Kahlil. Amani had stopped at a particular flower when they'd gone through the Enchanted Lagoon. "I thought Sunpetals would be a good start, if you wanted to make this place your own."

Last edited:
"Mommy is not scared of plants," Liana adamantly denied. Amani snickered once, then twice when Liana followed up with, "Maybe Daddy is scared of plants." The girl grinned mischievously, as if she had just uncovered a dastardly secret.

"Is that true? Has our time in the apartment been nothing but constant dread for you?" Amani smirked, imaging him silently terrified of the many greens she had decorating the small space. Her smirk was accompanied why a groan at his "green thumb" joke.

They entered the indoor garden, which was warm and bright with natural sunlight, colored rainbow by an array of lively flowers. There was even water passing through like a manmade river, all lending to the impression of a living indoor space.

"Remember Hologram Fun World?"

Amani turned around from admiring the garden, and was met with a warmly colored flower. She cooed, and took it as offered, "You remembered," She said, smelling the petals, "It would be an excellent start. Thank you." She kissed him gratefully.

Meanwhile, Liana's toddler inclinations possessed her to stoop down and begin playing with the water in the trough.

"What? No, no, of course not." Alicio was smiling, as he coyly denied her. "Don't be silly, Lia."

His grin only broadened as Amani played along. "The plants were fine. The dirt on the carpet whenever the kids messed around with the pots? That gave me nightmares."

Finally, they entered the indoor garden, and Alicio's gift was passed on to his wife. He accepted her kiss with a subtle smile. "If you ever want any help, let me know. I'm not as good with gardening as you are, but I can give it my best shot." Alicio gestured at the kids. "And I'm sure you two would like to help Mom out, right?"

"Yah." August put his hand in his mouth, watching Liana splash around in the water.

Alicio could sense the childrens' attention wavering. He sent a sidelong glance at Amani. "We'll... pause our tour for now. We can stay here for a while, then start unpacking. At least, until dinner is ready."

"You and me both," Amani said with a lighthearted groan. If nothing else, a separate garden ought to keep such messes to a minimum, she hoped. Though if the Queen had anything to say about it, more of this manor would be decorated in green before their time here was over. "I could use an assistant from time to time," She smirked. August distractedly affirmed his supposed interest. Liana was too busy toying around to reply. Wandering around could only hold their attention for so long.

"Don't make a mess, Lia," Amani said.

The girl glanced back, and at the mention of dinner, replied, "I'm hungry. I want my nuggets." She then turned back around, and continued playing with the stream, albeit less aggressively than she was before.

"I'm hungry. I want my nuggets."

Alicio looked down at his daughter with a raised eyebrow, before gently scooping her up into his arms. "Soon, baby. Soon. For now, let's look at the flowers. There's lots of pretty ones. And I bet they smell good, too~!" Alicio walked around with Lia toted under an arm, systematically holding her out to various beautiful petals, to give her a good whiff. Hopefully, that would distract her enough until dinnertime...

Alicio-Divider.png

Dinner was, in fact, served in the family's new bedroom.

That was fine by Alicio. The size rivaled their previous apartment, and he figured it would be a good first step, before they tried to eat in the spacious dining room. The time between their jaunt through the garden and now was spent unpacking some of what the family had brought- including Archibald. Alicio had diplomatically placed his cage in the parents' room, though Archie himself was resting on Liana's shoulder as she ate her long-awaited nuggets.

Marin and the staff had certainly pulled out all the stops. For the parents, they'd prepared an entire roasted nuna, with hearty spices, and a taste that reminded Alicio of the best catering at the Alderaanian soirees he'd gone to. The children had store-bought nuna nuggets (which was probably a good call, considering a toddler would likely find anything remotely new or different 'yucky') but the cooks had set out a series of sauces for the couple and their children to try.

August seemed to like it, dipping his nuggies in a sea of ketchup, despite the fancy options, though he kept looking over jealously at Lia and Archie, and tried to coax the bird over with some food. Meanwhile, Alicio at his food with a dainty knife and fork, a conflicted smile on his face.

"It is... really good." Oh, how it pained him to say it.

Dinner in the bedroom was an interesting setting. The space was nice and cozy enough, though Amani couldn't help but monitor the kids' plates judiciously, lest they spill something. At least they hadn't decorated extensively yet.

Liana ate at her food with cautious diligence, at first. Little nibbles to ensure the nuggets were up to her standards. Then little dips in the sauces, giving each one a taste test. Once she was satisfied with the results, she ate with gusto. All the while she pretended having Archie on her shoulder was no big deal, but she quite enjoyed having his attention over August.

"It is... really good."

Amani smirked as she took an indulgent bite of nuna, "Seems like we have some competition." She dabbed her lips with a napkin, and sighed contently, "With our schedules, we'll be happy to have chefs on staff," She assured her husband. Cooking was a pleasant pastime, but they would find themselves grateful for the extra help when it was needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom