Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Home Sweet Home

Kahlil_Div2.png

Coruscant never had much of a view. City spires, skyscrapers, endless day from the sheer brightness of the world's lights. It wasn't a place they enjoyed, him, Valery, their kids. But there was a place they could have an actual home again, like they did before he left. And, well, he wanted to check in on his people anyway. He stepped down the now lowered ramp of the Bastion, staring off in the distance towards the budding city. The Epicanthix had been hard at work here. It wasn't a large city, but already the beauty that had been lost on Panatha was finding it's way to show once again.

There were buildings of all different origins. The Epicanthix had always brought the cultures they defeated into their fold, not wiped them out. And many were represented, as many as they could remember. There would be some that were lost to the annihilation.

"So, what do you think? I asked if we could have a place close to the city, but far enough to have an actual view of nature. They'll be helping us build our home, if we do like it." It was a clearing amidst a field of grass, with a forest close. A creek running through. Picturesque, which Kahlil made sure of. Nothing but the best for his children, especially on a world where the best could be for anyone.

"I can see our house there." He raised a hand, pointing towards a spot in the clearing as he leaned down beside the triplets with a faint smile, trying to pull their attention. "What do you three think?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Epicanthix Settlement
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Tag:
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Valery had always been open and vocal about her dislike of Coruscant. As a young girl, she spent all of her time on New Cov, at the Jedi Temple there to learn and grow up to be the Jedi she was today. It meant she had a far stronger connection to nature than those who grew up on Coruscant, and even now, she sometimes hid away there to escape the busy traffic and noise of the city world. Similary, Kahlil wasn't overly fond of Coruscant either, and Vera certainly missed the forest that was close to their old home. Their home before Kahlil disappeared, and mother and daughter decided to live on Coruscant to be close to the Temple.

"It's... " Valery smiled and turned to her husband. "Not enough skyscrapers." She waggled her eyebrows and grinned wide before reaching out to take his hand. She squeezed it to show her happiness that he had worked all of this out for the family. It was one of the best surprises she could have wished for.

A proper home where they could raise their children together.

"You know what I like a lot? The people feel so...peaceful. They're working together to rebuild, and from what I heard from Adonis, they want to build up their strength too, not to conquer, but to perhaps help the Alliance now that this planet falls in their territory." With the Hapans and Epicanthix both falling under the GA soon, they'd have some very good allies.

Small steps, though.

Watching Kahlil point to where their home would be, Valery could only smile the widest, most loving smile as the triplets squealed. Aurra and Aeryn even reached out to their father with little grabby hands, but Adam wanted his Mother's attention. Valery, however, was focused on another Noble.

"Babe?" She asked, her eyes turning to Vera, who was standing a meter or two ahead of them with Fuzzy on her back. "She has been awfully quiet. You want to talk to her?" Vera didn't feel sad at all, but her parents could easily tell she had something on her mind.

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"We're warriors. As peaceful as our people are here, we need the chance to prove ourselves. And, well, I imagine they want to help with what's brewing in Sith space." They weren't a vengeful people, but the loss of Panatha and the abandonment of their King to the wolves of the very Sith that King commanded was too recent, and just too large of an event. So many had been lost, after all.

Kahlil and Valery had gotten justice by defeating Kyrel, but the other perpetrator of that disaster was still at large.

He glanced towards where Vera was though, and nodded. He stepped from Valery to head over towards their daughter. He found a spot to sit, plopping down beside her with a slight groan. ".. So, what's going on, little star?"

Epicanthix Settlement
div-orange.png
Tag:

"Mhmm," Valery hummed in agreement, "When they're ready, I'm sure they will want to play a part in making sure that what happened on Panatha, won't happen again. I'm just... glad they'll be fighting for justice and not for conquest. To make sure the Sith won't cause more people to lose their homes." That was ultimately a huge reason as to why she still fought as a Jedi, so it helped her really connect with the Epicanthix people.

Something that wouldn't have happened if they were out to conquer other innocent worlds.

Valery then nudged him in the direction of Vera, and turned to the stroller to pick up Adam, who had been nagging for his mother's attention for a while now. A true momma's boy, it seemed. "Happy now, sweetie?" she chuckled and kissed him on the forehead before looking over at Vera and Kahlil. "Your big sister will play with you here when the house is done. Won't that be fun?" She grinned and watched her husband take care of Vera.

Both Vera and Fuzzy looked at Kahlil when he plopped down, and Vera began to smile a little, "I like it here, daddy. It looks like our old home but... will I still see my friends? At the Temple?" she asked for clarification, still excited about everything, but she also wanted to keep visiting the Temple to be a Jedi and play with her friends if she could.

Epicanthix Settlement
div-orange.png
Tag:

When he reassured her about still visiting Coruscant, Vera squealed happily and hopped up and down a little. Fuzzy didn't seem to mind, and just kept his paws locked around the little girl. Unless Vera asked him to, Fuzzy wouldn't listen to anybody trying to get him off of her back.

"That makes sense!" she said with a grin before the sound of Valery gently blowing a raspberry on Adam's stomach pulled her attention away. Her brother was giggling and squealing, which in turn made Vera giggle a bit too. "Mommy is silly again," she then idly commented before looking at her father. "Fuzzy can come too, right? I want to play in the forest with him!" And with her siblings, and with mom, and with dad!

"You two want to go talk to some people here? Or maybe explore the forest?" Valery asked when she walked over. "Or are we helping people build some things up?"

Epicanthix Settlement
div-orange.png
Tag:

"Ohhh, so maybe we'll run into some new animals we've never seen before?" Valery asked with a grin before she nudged Vera, "Maybe you'll find some new friends for Fuzzy." She winked, and Vera's eyes had that Noble sparkle. More friends was always a good thing, and she'd bring all of them home.

Valery just hoped it wouldn't be another huge lizard.

"I'll be the first!" Vera called out then, before storming off with Fuzzy right by her side.

Valery smiled, caught up with Kahlil and grabbed one of his hands to interlace fingers. "is it just me, or are those two going to be a lot of trouble?" she asked, before sneakily putting the stroller in front of him.

His turn to push.

Kahlil_Div2.png

He squeezed her hand gently before chuckling. Taking over the carriage was easy enough as he pushed it along. "They will, but I imagine they'll keep each other safe." Or at least so he hoped. There was no doubt in his mind they'd try, but whatever they had to face that would involve them protecting each other? That he hoped they'd be able to do.

"Think we'll find anything fun, though?"

Epicanthix Settlement
div-orange.png
Tag:

Without augmenting her strength through the Force, pushing three babies and a stroller with a single arm wasn't the easiest thing in the world to her. Kahlil was naturally much stronger though, so she was glad that he took over for a bit, allowing her to just walk along and hand-in-hand. "I think so, too. She has that animal bonding affinity from you, and you really see it with Fuzzy. He doesn't ever want to leave her side unless she asks him to." She snickered a bit and squeezed his hand again.

"Think we'll find anything fun, though?"

"Oh I'm sure we will, with Vera running-" she paused as a loud, happy squeal echoed through the forest from up ahead. Vera had disappeared just beyond the trees, but suddenly appeared again.

"Weee!" she yelled, several feet off the ground, hanging from a big colorful bird that just took off. Fuzzy, of course, was still on Vera's back and Valery watched with wide eyes, and made some worried mother kind of squeal.

"This is like the Pasana festival all over again..." she muttered, remembering how Vera had grabbed someone's kite and gone airborn there as well.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil bit back a snort as he watched Vera with yet another new friend. Yes, she certainly seemed to get that from him. Not that he'd tell Valery that much. Kahlil never had the chance to be a wild child, but he certainly would've been if he'd had that kind of freedom. And he certainly wasn't going to deny Vera it.

"It'll be fine. Just another new friend, no?"

Epicanthix Settlement
div-orange.png
Tag:

"Don't you even try to hide your amusement from me. We both know she got this from you," Valery said with puffed cheeks, ignoring the fact she was a demonic child herself, and likely played into Vera being this way a bit too. Just not the part of her bonding with animals — Valery still couldn't do that whatsoever.

"It'll be fine. Just another new friend, no?"

"Yeah... I just get worried." Looking up at her daughter dangling from a bird wasn't exactly the most comforting thing to see. But... she was a Noble, so it was part of it all. "Can you please make sure she comes down safely-" Valery paused when she noticed the bird rapidly approaching, guided not by its own wings, but by Vera asking it to go into a dive bomb on her parents.

At the last moment, she let go, and dropped herself right above her father with another loud "Weeee!"

"BABE PLEASE CATCH HER!"

Kahlil_Div2.png

There was no panic for Kahlil as he reached up and just casually caught Vera with one arm. He chuckled, glancing between her to his wife with a rather smug expression. There was no reason to be afraid. Vera knew what she was doing, and Kahlil himself knew.

"She's just as wild as you, you know. You should've seen this coming."

Epicanthix Settlement
div-orange.png
Tag:

Valery was not calm, and only managed to breathe normally again when Kahlil caught Vera, albeit with just one arm. That got Valery to narrow her eyes at him, before she huffed at the comment that followed about her being wild. "Daddy? Why was mommy yelling?" Vera then asked, and Valery just blinked, before she looked between the two.

"So you're saying this is my fault?" She asked, which wasn't really what he said directly but she was in protective mom mode now, and it showed in her eyes.

"Uh-oh," Vera commented, and Valery just squinted at her for a moment. But with Vera safe on the ground, she couldn't really be mad about it. Well, and she knew that it was kinda her own genes too, and not just Kahlil's influence.

"I was just worried. What if something went wrong?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Mm. No. Just that perhaps you should've-"

And with that he took off midsentence. His form shifted, disappearing with Vera in tow as he teleported some distance away with the widest grin he'd ever had on his face. He was having fun, even if he was currently fleeing the wrath of his wife.

"Vera and I are gonna explore we'll see you four later bye~!" And he ran. They were in all kinds of trouble if they stayed, that much he was certain about. He glanced down to Vera, flashing a smirk. "Ready to see what we can find?"

Epicanthix Settlement
div-orange.png
Tag:

Valery 's jaw dropped.

"Babe!!" She yelled after him, but father and daughter were long gone, and Valery wasn't quite sure what to do. Should she go after them to try and catch up, or take the triplets back to town? She sighed because she already knew the answer, and turned around to push the stroller along.

He was going to really have to make up for this stunt, and he likely knew that already.

Vera, however, was giggling louder than ever before, and seemed to love being a little naughty. But once they got to safety, she did start to wonder. "Mommy won't leave us behind, will she?" She asked with a giggle. "But yes! Let's explore!" She added excitedly while she started digging into her pockets.

"Oh and daddy? I made something for you and mommy." It was a drawing of the family in front of a house - their new house. But it looked a lot like Valery's old family home on Keshi in terms of design elements. "Our people learn from other people, right?" She asked, referring to Epicanthix adopting other cultures. "Maybe this will make mommt happy. I saw it in a vision."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"She'll probably head home, but she won't leave us behind. Though, I'm certainly in for it once we get back." It'd be fine. Valery knew this was just a fun little thing, and, well, he wanted to make sure Vera wasn't too upset with the fact they were moving away. He glanced down to her, raising a brow as Vera plucked out a small item. And chuckled. Nodded. It was easier for them because they were both Epicanthix.

It'd be good for Valery to have something of her people. Especially something made by their daughter.

"I've no doubt it will make her happy, vision or not, little star."

Epicanthix Settlement
div-orange.png
Tag:

"She's at the town, preparing a surprise for us." Vera giggled because her visions made it hard for anybody to ever surprise her, but she was just not going to tell her dad. Mom loved to surprise in a fun way, and Vera was still worried that they'd both have to deal with her wrath if they weren't careful. Now it was just dad who had to make up for this.

But it was all in good fun.

The fact that her father liked the drawing made her smile, and if mom would, she couldn't ever get happier. "Can I help make the home like this? I want you and mommy both to be happy, daddy." Vera, as always, cared a great deal about the joy of people close to her. A trait she had from both of her parents as well.

"But hmmm, can we explore more? I think I saw a cave when I was up with the birdie!"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Is she now? I'm not sure if that's threatening or not."

Kahlil hummed in thought, but raised a brow curiously at the mention of a cave. So she'd been doing some scouting up above, mm? He chuckled at that before nodding his head slowly.

"We can. If there's a problem we leave though. You're still too young to be facing something too dangerous. But.. I might let you help if I think it's safe enough, mm?" They were Epicanthix. To deny her challenge was to deny her growth. That's what it meant to be Epicathix after all.

"Understood?"

Epicanthix Settlement
div-orange.png
Tag:

"She did look pretty scary," Vera said with a totally innocent grin. This time, she wasn't the one in trouble, so she was suddenly loving scary mom a lot more. Usually it meant no holo shows - now it meant daddy was in trouble.

Or, at least, that's what Vera imagined. Valery wasn't upset at all, and decided to interact with the new locals some more. She'd puppy eye some fun out of her husband later by using this against him.

Not that she needed to.

"I'm strong enough!" Vera then said with puffed cheeks. Until he mentioned that he might let her help, anyway. That got her to grin like her mother would at the idea of something exciting. "I've been practicing. Fuzzy says I got really good."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom