Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many Jedi/Sith in Chaos galaxy?

it should also be noted that, on Chaos, there has NEVER been a Republic that did not have a "Jedi Order" to my recollection, so every iteration of the Republic/Alliance should be a "hybrid" monniker even if they have an NFU leader.

Sage Lumiya

S
It makes sense that those with magical powers would have a huge competitive advantage and rise to the top. Nearly every country on earth is led my million/billionaires, does that make millionaires the majority?

There is also the lens of the main character. The cameras (threads) aren't following the mundane NFU following his daily life, they are following the power fantasies of us RL NFUs who want to play wizard for a bit by writing it.

Sage Lumiya

S
What we have is not a majority FU world, but a dominant minority with disproportionate wealth and power.

I will admit, this thread has taken a turn that I did not anticipate. But I am very interested in all of these thoughts and opinions, and it has offered more guidance on my current dilemma than I expected. I appreciate all of these responses.

Given how everything on Chaos is vague when it comes to numerical values, I trend towards the idea of the Knights of the Old Republic in terms of scale when I write or react to Force Users in general. Star Wars the Old Republic is a sequel to that storyline and a source for the scale of the Jedi Order and Sith Order. They measured in the tens of thousands each with smaller Force User organizations scattered between them. They were a relatively common sight, held positions of high authority, and you could expect to see multiple even at the smallest planetary skirmishes. Where ever they fought the tides would turn one way or another.

Chaos has a lot of Player Characters and a lot of past Major Factions that have centered themselves around the Force but not so many as I think would fall outside of the the KOTOR/SWTOR understanding. As said by Tefka though, all of this is headcanon. I personally want to preserve some level of awe or fear in my stories where Jedi or Sith are concerned as to the average near-human of the galaxy they were superior in nearly every way given the precognitive abilities and physical enhancements of the Force.

Given how everything on Chaos is vague when it comes to numerical values, I trend towards the idea of the Knights of the Old Republic in terms of scale when I write or react to Force Users in general. Star Wars the Old Republic is a sequel to that storyline and a source for the scale of the Jedi Order and Sith Order. They measured in the tens of thousands each with smaller Force User organizations scattered between them. They were a relatively common sight, held positions of high authority, and you could expect to see multiple even at the smallest planetary skirmishes. Where ever they fought the tides would turn one way or another.

Chaos has a lot of Player Characters and a lot of past Major Factions that have centered themselves around the Force but not so many as I think would fall outside of the the KOTOR/SWTOR understanding. As said by Tefka though, all of this is headcanon. I personally want to preserve some level of awe or fear in my stories where Jedi or Sith are concerned as to the average near-human of the galaxy they were superior in nearly every way given the precognitive abilities and physical enhancements of the Force.
Yeah I really like playing a NFU where FUs are sparse. But given the prevalence of FUs generally, I have much less hesitation to writing one here now.

What we have is not a majority FU world, but a dominant minority with disproportionate wealth and power.

FU propaganda, they always wanna be dominating the narrative when they get busted wide open like a spoiled sausage link in the Florida sun.

FU are, and have always been, the majority. Here, other communities, other galaxies, other stories, in the Wal-Mart Toys section. You are the conformed. You are the average joe. You wanted your X-men powers and your Dragonball Z duels, you got 'em, but don't deny your heritage.

Eat the Sith, eat the Jedi, NFU gang NFU gang NFU gang gang gang

I am finding it difficult returning to my favorite character because of how my own life has changed over the last 10 years. Instead of forcing it, I need to recognize I’m not the same person and move on to something more fitting for me now.

I am also experiencing this and I overstand what you feel. I used to write a Darksider Mr. Hate Mr. Hate . I still do but no where near what I used to. Its strange to experience, sometimes I look at the character like someone else wrote him, But that was me lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom