Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private How to be a Jedi

Kahlil_Div2.png

Oho.

Kahlil didn't bother to hide his surprise as the toy started to float. He figured the actor might have some minor connection, but it wasn't minor in the slightest. Maxir's surprise as the toy dropped brought a soft chuckle to the Master though. He stepped over, reaching down to pick up the toy and place it back where he'd taken it from in the first place.

"It happens when you're untrained. But you can actually lift it. Seems your actually strong enough in the Force to be a Jedi." Kahlil hummed softly, rubbing at his chin.

This was where it got weird.

"I can't give you any training, not without you joining the Jedi. The power you can get is dangerous. And the stronger you become, the more eyes will be drawn to you. With the current war, even people thinking you're Force sensitive is dangerous. I think, for now, I'll show you around. Help with your show. Then I want you to think on this whole thing. You can still live a normal life, after all."

Maxir Vancil

Maxir Vancil

M
Tags: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Maxir sighed with the words that he couldn’t jump right into training. He had been so excited. He moved that toy with his thoughts or whatever the explanation was for the connection between himself, the Force and the toy. But Jedi had more things than Maxir’s excitement to consider. And even he had to admit that rushing into a decision that might change his life was not something that he was willing to do.

But at least Kahlil didn’t end their meeting right away to figure out what the next steps were. He could continue on with what was planned from the beginning. Tour the temple, maybe see what a youngling class is up to. Maybe even given a couple hours in the archives to research the specific stories of those he could potentially be portraying. Though as many questions as he could answer in the archives he might think of asking Kahlil himself while he’s standing right beside him.

“I understand that complexity of the situation, for the Jedi and for me,” Maxir said with a smile. “Six years ago before that weird day in a Corellian cantina when a talent agent found me I wouldn’t think twice about leaving whatever life I had and becoming a Jedi,” Maxir gave a shrug. “Three years ago when I was making more as a model and struggling as an actor I might have done the same. But giving up my current life is a lot. I don’t always like what comes with it, but moving from that to Jedi life will be a decision that can’t be made in a moment. I would very much appreciate continuing the tour.”

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil smiled warmly and nodded.

Continuing the tour. The Master motioned to the room around them, chuckling. "Well, this is one of the training rooms. After the destruction of the Temple we've steadily been rebuilding every room. Most of the temple is still under construction and repairs, but I can show you what is still together. Shall we go to the archives?"

Maxir Vancil

Maxir Vancil

M

“The archives would be a great place to start,” Maxir said with a nod. “I’m not much of a student, big shock the holo-actor doesn’t like scholastics. I’m ashamed to say that has always been the case,” Maxir said with a bit of a chuckle. “Easily distracted as a child, still am now. I have to lock myself in a special room with a script in order to memorize it. Visiting the archives first, hopefully I’ll be more focused than once I know all the other Jedi stuff that is going on in the temple.”

Maxir wasn’t sure if trouble focusing was something that other Force-sensitives had. It would make sense, someone more attuned to the things around them would have more stimuli. Only through training would that person be able to deal with them properly without going mad trying to get involved with everything. Maxir’s sensitivity was not that high until today. Maybe that’s why he was able to function without training. Or maybe he was just a lost cause and this would be another strike against him learning more about the Force. Only time would tell.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Mm, everyone has their talents. It wasn't this one, but I spent a lot of time in the archives." Not good memories, but Kahlil didn't see a reason to touch on it. Once they arrived, Kahlil held out a hand for Maxir to step through first. Rows upon rows of datacrons and such were on display. What had been salvaged. Or reclaimed.

"Here they are. All the information the Jedi have compiled, or at least what was saved."

Maxir Vancil

Maxir Vancil

M
Tags:

“Wow,” Maxir awed. He had never seen so much information stored in one place. He had been to the archives at the studio once and thought that was overwhelming. This place. He could get lost trying to find something without a guide.

“What am I allowed to look at?” Maxir questioned. “When I arrived I was interested in all the knowledge that I could get. But seeing the changes of what I’m capable of, I can only guess that some of the archives would be dangerous to let me have access to. A self-trained Jedi is probably not any better than a Jedi who isn’t sure they can give up their former life. So I’m guessing just the tales of the Jedi are good to start with. Does anything from as far back were the Jedi able to save. I imagine the older ones would be the hardest. Does anything exist from
First Sith War? I’ve been told to learn what I can of Ulic Qel-Droma as well as you and your wife.”

Kahlil_Div2.png

"The first Sith war, huh? Hmm.." Kahlil stopped at a terminal, casually flicking through the pages until he found something. Then clicked his tongue. "There's not much, though not because we have to censor information or anything. Like you said, a self trained Force User can be pretty dangerous on it's own." The display flickered, and the isle where the information was kept was brought up. The Jedi nodded once, smiling to Maxir.

"Ignorance, more so. History is for all to learn. You won't have access to any training manuals and such, but you've full access to everything else. So does anyone else."

Maxir Vancil

Maxir Vancil

M

Maxir watched Master Kahlil operate the terminal. It wasn’t something foreign to the young man, but he imagined a Jedi Temple had its own quirks so to speak. He wasn’t surprised that not much was still contained from the First Sith War, that was nearly five thousand years ago now. The Jedi knowledge base had probably been moved a hundred times in that period. Managing to locate accurate documents about that war was likely impossible. Luckily Maxir really didn’t need accurate documents. Anything that would give him something the rest of the galaxy didn’t have would be a coup.

As expected he wouldn’t be able to see anything that would show him how a Jedi would train. With that information he could open the door to something quite terrible. The gossip stories might tell stories of how egotistical Maxir acted, but most were overblown. Maxir had an ego. Not one big enough to think he could become a Jedi on his own. It wasn’t as if there weren’t several training facilities to do that if he wanted to. But did he want to? A Jedi carried a lot of responsibility. Maxir had a good life for the first time he could remember. Leaving that behind would have to come with some really enticing benefits. And that sort of thinking just wasn’t what a Jedi should be thinking.

“Thank you Master,” Maxir said with a nod of his head as he took a seat and started to look things over. “Just curious. What would be so bad about training people who don’t want to sit in a temple all day how to use the Force? I mean having Jedi Reserves wouldn’t be terrible would it?”

Kahlil_Div2.png

"That's a more political question than anything else. The biggest worry is teaching someone how to use the Force without the strict beliefs of the Jedi can lead to people corrupting themselves. Using the Force for their own gains. Or, the more serious example, them not realizing how far they'd gone until it was too late. Pushing someone away without realizing your own strength could throw someone off a ledge, for example."

Kahlil scratched at the back of his head, laughing after a moment. "On the flip side, not teaching someone could end up the same way."

Maxir Vancil

Maxir Vancil

M

The young man grinned and he rubbed his chin. The fact that a Jedi Master saw the possible upside of him getting training was intriguing to Maxir. Perhaps he wasn’t far off in thinking that Jedi reserves wouldn’t be a bad thing. Some occupations he could understand having to give up on aspirations in order to become a Jedi, but what harm could he do with Jedi abilities as an actor?

“If I’m hearing you correctly Master Kahlil,” Maxir said with his charming smile that always seemed to come out when he was trying to make a convincing argument. It was unlikely to sway Kahlil, but it wasn’t something that Maxir could control. “There is a possibility that I might be able to be an actor and a Jedi. To some degree or another.”

Maxir Vancil

M

Maxir was liking where this was going. Though he quickly had to temper his expectations. He’d lived long enough in poverty living meal to meal to know what happened when you got your hopes up too high. But if what Master Kahlil was real there was a possibility for Maxir to meet with a member of the Jedi Council. It was crazy to think that at the end of a visit that was supposed to be just for research he might be considered to join the Jedi in some capacity.

But the young actor had only moved something with his mind once in his life. Only felt the tingling in the back of his as strong while in the Temple. “Master Kahlil is it possible that my connection to the Force is only strong enough to be considered Jedi-level when in the presence of a strong Force presence? That I’m siphoning off some of the Temple’s connection and that out in the galaxy I just will get minor warnings? Like I have in the past?”

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Nexus do empower those who can feel the Force, yes. It's completely possible. But not to the degree you might think. Feeling the Force is one thing. Being able to use it, another. Being around a Nexus doesn't just suddenly make it possible for someone to use the Force even if they could feel it. Otherwise there'd be a lot more of us in the Galaxy."

Kahlil flashed a smile as he clicked on his com to send word to Valery Noble Valery Noble . No time like the present to at least answer that part of Maxir's question. Asides, he might as well talk to her if he was going to play.. Well. Yeah. It made sense in Kahlil's mind.

"Knowing the Force is there does a lot more than you think."

Maxir Vancil

Items: Necklace

Valery had been spending more time on Coruscant, mostly to oversee the reconstruction of the Jedi Temple, and for the occasional meeting about the war front. So when she got a message from Kahlil, it was easy enough for her to come to visit — she was only a district or two away, and after a short taxi ride, she arrived at the Temple and moved inside to find her husband and the actor he mentioned having a Force connection.

It wasn't something she had never heard of before, but ever since she stepped out of stasis, her mind had been opened to all sorts of fascinating things.

"Hey love, I saw the message and figured I'd come over to help," she said with a warm smile before she turned to Maxir and dipped her head in greeting. She knew he was an actor, and she could feel his presence in the Force, but she wasn't quite sure about what movie he was making, and why he was here for it.

"A pleasure to meet you, I'm Valery," she said before extending a hand to him. She would have bowed but figured this type of greeting was something he'd be more used to.

Maxir Vancil

M
Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble | Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Master Kahlil explained that while a place could make one feel the Force to a greater degree. Which explained why the usual tickle at the back of Maxir’s head had become an outright signal that the Padawan was lurking and watching his conversation with Kahlil. But as the Master explained it the nexus would not allow Maxir to levitate the toy any better than he would have in a Corellian cantina. So that meant what? That being in the Jedi Temple was some sort of jumpstart to a Force connection that had been dormant? Maxir wasn’t sure, but eager to find out.

Before he could ask anything further another Jedi Master arrived. The two married masters greeted with smiles and then the woman turned her attention to Maxir. Maxir felt less sure about himself than he ever had. Both Nobles. His luck was incredible. He started to bow and then saw the outstretched hand and accepted it giving a firm shake.

“Valery Noble,” Maxir said with a nod. “Everyone knows who you are. I’m Maxir Vancil. I’m sure it is an odd request to have an actor come to the temple to study the Jedi. But if I was going to play a Jedi in a movie I was going to do it justice. The accompanying experience has been quite a discovery.”

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil offered a small wave. And an even bigger smile. Couldn't help it. Always was good to see Valery. His gaze shifted to Maxir, nodding once in agreement. "He's here to play me, ironically enough. Seems you have a show of yours coming out soon." Oh yeah. He was going to tease Valery about that, as evident by the smirk that had taken over.

But first!

"Maxir here has some questions I'm not sure how to answer. I figure with you being on the council you'd be the best to ask."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Maxir Vancil

"He's here to play me, ironically enough. Seems you have a show of yours coming out soon."

Valery blinked, "Playing you? A show about... me?" It was the first time she heard about it, and she clearly seemed a little surprised. But when she noticed his smirk, she knew exactly what was going on in his mind, even without using their bond to literally read his thoughts — of course, he'd tease her about it. For a moment, she narrowed her eyes but that quickly faded and she began to smirk playfully.

"I'll admit, it feels strange to know someone will be portraying us like that, but I'm glad proper research is being done," she told Maxir as she turned to him and smiled while she looked him up and down. He wasn't as tall as Kahlil, but it wouldn't be too hard to make it all work.

Then Kahlil mentioned some questions he needed her for, and she nodded, "Oh? Well, I'd be happy to answer them if I can. I don't have any plans for the rest of the day, so I have plenty of time to help," she said before she glanced at Kahlil again, who she was going to drag off for lunch later now that they were both here. That got her to smirk a little again.

Maxir Vancil

M
Tags: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Maxir chuckled nervously at the reaction between the married couple regarding his original purpose here. He was honestly not surprised that the people responsible for hiring him had not contacted Valery nor Kahlil before hand. Maxir found it happened quite often. The stories they told were based off what was already out there for public consumption, they just made it even more fantastic than it already was (in the case of the Jedi).

“I’m sorry that this is a surprise,” Maxir said sheepishly. “I know most in the industry don’t care much any more for truth and being decent, but I have idolized Jedi for a long time. If I am going to play one on holo. I am going to make sure they are portrayed correctly. I’m sure Anniser Dannstac will do you justice so long as the script is worthy of the story.”

He took in a deep breath before he continued. “My intent was to learn what a Jedi went through, and maybe get a little glimpse into your husband and your lives after learning he was my guide, however when I arrived small feelings that I have had all my life seemed amplified. Master Kahlil thought it was the Force. He gave me a little test and it seems that I am to some degree sensitive to the Force. I was wondering what training with the Jedi would entail if I were not entirely ready to give up my life as an actor?”

"Oh it's quite alright, I know it's not your fault," Valery said with a smile before she glanced at her husband for a moment, who likely wasn't too bothered about it either. If anything, he loved the idea of a show like this, just so he could tease her about it for as long as it ran. Maybe longer. "I also very much appreciate that you're doing what you can to portray us well. I've never been overly worried about public perception of myself, but I do care very, very much about my family. To have part of my life be used for entertainment... well, I'm just glad it's handled properly."

Kahlil was definitely able to pick up on her protectiveness here, but she definitely wasn't against the idea of the show being made. She just wouldn't want it to put her family in the wrong light.

"As for your question..." she paused and turned a little more serious, "It would be difficult. Traditionally, back when I was trained, Jedi went through over a decade of training as a Padawan before they'd become Jedi Knights, and they were all fully committed to just that. These days, we're not that strict on who can become a Jedi and what it takes, but that shouldn't comfort anybody," she said in all honesty.

"The reason it takes so much time and so much commitment is because the work we do isn't just incredibly dangerous, but it comes with a lot of responsibility as well. We can't allow people to get hurt because we spent too much of our time on things other than training and preparing. Especially when you first start — you need to be focused on your training. Or you risk getting yourself and others who rely on you hurt." Her eyes shifted to her husband again, this time for his input on the matter. She was a more traditional Jedi who up until her recovery from stasis spend all her time training or working, so her perspective was more extreme.

He could likely do some acting and spend some of his time on other things, but it would be difficult and a lot riskier early on in his training as a Jedi.

Maxir Vancil

M
Tags: Valery Noble Valery Noble | Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

“I assume that since I am doing my own homework others will as well so I don’t have to bad mouth them to the gossip press if they make a poor decision,” Maxir said with a smirk. It was his way of saying that he didn’t have much control, but in the entertainment world appearance was more important than fact. So if he complained that the writers and executives were lazy and just trying to turn a credit on the war hero Jedi it would have an effect.

“I heard difficult, but not impossible,” Maxir said with a smirk. “I do promise that if I were to commit to training it would be something I would take seriously. I’m hearing there is a possibility of a condensed training maybe?” his eyes shifted between the two masters. “During that time of course training would have to be my sole priority. Then if things progress properly, I’m hearing full time Jedi, part time actor, not the other way around? It is a lot to think about. I honestly just want to know my options. Serving the Jedi in some capacity would be a great honor, but my life went from spacer to semi-celebrity in a few years. To take on the responsibilities of a Jedi would be yet another big change.” His voice changed from confident negotiator in the first part to giving the possibility serious consideration by the end of his statement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom