Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huntress, You Compel Me With Your Eyes

Of course. He hadn't expected her to understand. He'd wanted her to, but he'd understood she likely wouldn't. She had a good heart, but it was clouded by what little she knew, and that was focused solely on the world she'd been born upon. She couldn't know the horrors of the wider galaxy. She didn't know how his people had been mercilessly slaughtered by a cult group called the Primeval. She didn't know that he was really trying to keep the galaxy from destroying itself, because that's what it was going to do. It was going to eat itself alive unless someone did something about it. He couldn't really ask her to understand that.

"I never lied to you, Paa'lee. How I am with you is who I wish to be, but out there I can't be that person all the time. I'm trying to save the galaxy from itself. I know it's hard to understand, and maybe if you have more time you will someday."

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a device. It was a simple button activated homing beacon. Nothing special, but he'd be able to track it anywhere in the galaxy. If she needed him, or simply wanted him to come to see her, she could use it.

"Take this. If you wish to see me, press it and I'll come. I won't come find you unless you do."

Standing, he looked at her and considered reaching out to her, but he knew that if he did, she would back away. She didn't understand that the evil people he worked with were a necessary means to an ends. That was alright. He was entirely used to having people leave him. All of his apprentices disappeared. Even Kith had left him. He was used to being pushed away or ditched, but it still hurt more with her because he loved her. He'd given Kith the freedom to leave as she wished so he couldn't be mad or upset at her. Instead of saying anything further, he turned and started walking back the way that he had come.

She could stop him, or call out to him as he went, but he didn't expect her to.

I do love you, Huntress. I'd do anything for you. Maybe someday you'll understand why I do what I do.

| [member="Paa'lee"] |​

She had the truth she was craving deep down, and within it her heart was broken. She lacked the outside knowledge that he did, she was bias but whether she was aware of that or not, to be fully committed to him was something she couldn't get herself to do. Whether he was good or not, she found him guilty by association as surely there was a better way. He was smart, and ambitious and figured he'd come up with something more.

He offered a device that would allow him to track her, perhaps he had it ready because he knew this day would come. She didn't want to take it initially, because she didn't want this to end. However, she reached out and grabbed it from his palm and held it down at her side. Her gripped tightened around it, clenching it as if to take all her frustrations out on the device.

She refused to look back up at him, in fact she knew if she did she would shed tears. He said his feelings were genuine, but she didn't know anymore. She was young, and fell for him. It almost felt like a joke.

When he walked away, it was then that she gained the energy to look at him, taking a step to go after but she stopped...Her lips had parted as to speak a few words, but such words would probably destroy them both.

She was going to tell him to "Give it back..." he would know exactly what it was she was talking about, but she wanted him to keep it so that maybe...if

But such was their destiny that they would always be connected and find one another...

[member="Ignus"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom