Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Hurricane Catechism

Weather: Heavy Rain
Attire: Oola Ven’s Bodysuit │ Waterproof Cape
Equipment: Mirage StarlightIG-14 Blaster Pistol
Tag: Skyria Kyrtan Skyria Kyrtan Teckla Tane Teckla Tane

Oola Ven took a deep breath as the Lambda-class shuttle touched down after a brief, yet turbulent trip down to the surface. As much as she tried, her attempts at calming her nerves for her upcoming interview had thus far failed. However, the fact that said interview was with an Imperial Moff made the situation of her relentless anxiety almost incorrigible. Teckla Tane—or as Oola would refer to her, Moff Tane—was a name that had immediately seized the young Squire's breath upon receiving the message informing her that an Imperial Moff had called her to Minntooine for an interview. And yet, the first thought which had crossed her mind was why. What could she, a newly-promoted Squire of the Imperial Crusaders, possibly have to offer to one of the most powerful Moffs in the Empire. Surely, there were others who were stronger, more experienced, and more capable than her. One such being was Captain Zoltidas Zoltidas , who had overseen her training from the moment she was brought into the Crusaders. Would he be invited to see the Moff? Or perhaps one of her peers?

Nevertheless, such thoughts were quickly set into the back of her mind as Oola set to preparing for the interview. She took care of her research on the Moff first and in doing so, the Twi’lek studied what she could of her background and homeworld. In the process, Oola had learned that Pakuuni was a world with notably backwards, patriarchal social systems, a fact which made Moff Tane’s rise to power that much more impressive.

Moreover, it was a testament to the strength of the woman who she would soon meet. It was a strength that Oola did not see reflected in herself.

And so, Oola blinked five times in quick succession as the ramp slowly descended to reveal the landing area. All the while, heavy, torrential rain pitter-pattered against the hull of the shuttle, compelling the Twi’lek to draw her waterproof cape up and over her lekku before stepping out into the elements and making her way towards the entrance to the base.

Above all else, Oola hoped that she might soon learn what had compelled one of the Empire’s most powerful figures to take such a direct interest in a Squire such as her.

Aid to General Teckla Tane

Objective: Meet with Crusader Squire
Outfit: Dark Dress Uniform covered by a rain poncho
Equipment: IG-14 Blaster Pistol
Tags: Oola Ven Oola Ven

Empire-Divider-removebg-preview.png

Skyria wasn’t entirely sure why the Crusader squire was invited to Moff Tane’s office on Minntooine. As tensions with Sith and the Empire have risen Teckla Tane Teckla Tane has come to the realization the Empire would need more than clones to combat their rivals. The Moff’s disdain for the gray areas that the Inquisitors work in led for an increased interest in the Imperial Crusaders.

Sky had spent weeks gathering every document that pertained in any way to the Crusaders. The Moff spent another week going over them and most likely adding her own search to what was provided. How that research resulted in calling a low ranking Crusader into instead of someone closer to the Moff’s level. But, Moff Tane was one of few people that Skyria didn’t question. If this squire was who the Moff wanted there must have been a reason.

On her way to meet the visitor some of Skyria’s questions were answered. The squire was not to be brought right away in front of the Moff. Instead Skyria was to greet the squire, show her around and get a brief idea of what the Crusaders did for combat training. Skyria took that request to mean that she would challenge the visitor to a spar and then ask what lessons were used to teach the fighting method.

As Skyria stepped out of the building and onto the landing pad she grumbled under her breath at the continued dreary weather on this planet. She had done a good deal of amphibious training so it wasn’t the fact that so much of the planet was water, but that it never seemed to stop raining. But maybe that was just Skyria’s luck.

The young Sergeant watched the figure descend the shuttle’s ramp. A sigh came from Skyria’s lips as she started to slush through the rain soaked landing pad to make her greeting. ”Squire Ven I assume?” she questioned wiping streaks of rain from her forehead wishing that the dress cap she wore was better protection. But at least the top of her head would be dry. Her blonde braid would take quite a wringing out however. ”I am Sergeant Skyria Kyrtan. The Moff has asked me to show you around.” She waved towards the opening she had just come from, hoping to end her stay in the elements as soon as possible.

Weather: Heavy Rain
Attire: Oola Ven’s BodysuitWaterproof Cape
Equipment: Mirage StarlightIG-14 Blaster Pistol
Tag: Skyria Kyrtan Skyria Kyrtan Teckla Tane Teckla Tane

Oola moved quickly, not wanting to linger in the rain even with the protection afforded by her cape and bodysuit. However, in spite of the haze of the gray clouds, the Twi’lek saw a little of Minntooine’s beauty on offer, which she hoped might become more clear once the rain had settled later on. For now however, the Squire focused her attention on the uniformed figure ahead, her pale, blue-eyed features becoming more clear as she got closer. She initially thought that the woman was Moff Teckla herself, but the blonde braid she had in her hair quickly dispelled that notion. After all, it went without saying that Oola had gone through the effort to make sure that she knew what the Moff looked like before arriving for the interview.

“Yes, I am Squire Ven.” Oola answered, giving a quick salute as she did. As the woman introduced herself in turn—Sergeant Skyria Kyrtan—Oola studied her features, taking in the scar struck across her left cheek and her blonde pigtails. The woman towered over Oola, though that was not unexpected. Even so, the Squire could tell that she was not tall in the conventional sense. Especially compared to one such as Captain Zoltidas.

Nevertheless, she carried the disciplined, fit physique of a soldier, lending credence to her rank.

“Sergeant Kyrtan.” Oola repeated. “It’s lovely to make your acquaintance.” The Twi’lek continued. “Do you mind if I address you as Sergeant? Or do you prefer a more informal title?” She added, before proceeding into the building at the Sergeant’s direction.

Suddenly, the rain ceased to affect her as Oola found herself embraced by the warmth of a climate-controlled interior. She quickly pulled down her cape to reveal a pair of plump, blue-hued lekku, the tips of which were slightly wet from the rain. After drying them off with her cape, Oola took off the garment and offered it to a droid which had arrived to attend to her, before nodding towards the Sergeant to indicate that she was ready to proceed.

Aid to General Teckla Tane

Teckla-s-Logo2.png

Objective: Meet with Crusader Squire
Outfit: Dark Dress Uniform covered by a rain poncho
Equipment: IG-14 Blaster Pistol
Tags: Oola Ven Oola Ven

Empire-Divider-removebg-preview.png

Skyria was grateful that the squire did not dilly dally in the rain. While Oola wondered about the beauties that the current rain might hide, Skyria knew that the rains were constant enough that it would take braving the downpours in order to experience said beauty. Beyond that there was also the fact that Skyria was Moff Tane’s right hand in seeing that troop training was commencing as planned and what amounted to Teckla’s personal secretary. There was very little time for any pleasures.

The squire’s salute made Skyria smirk and chuckle a bit, though she did a good job of stifling it and the laugh was probably not heard above the sounds of raindrops hitting the landing pad. Skyria did return the salute. Though Sky was higher in her organization than Oola, the documents that the Sergeant had acquired made it clear that the Crusaders were to be viewed with respect by the Army. Even the squires.

As Oola gave a pleasant greeting and asked if Skyria could be referred to as “Sergeant” or something less formal, Sky gave her a smile. Things had been difficult getting back to a military state of mind for Skyria after a few years spent in the Atrisian Commonwealth. She had insisted that anyone under General Tane’s command address her formally. And she almost never spent time with a peer who was not in General Tane’s command. ”I echo your pleasure in a new acquaintance. I’m unsure of the level of formality you are used to. I’d much prefer being less formal if that is within your own guidelines. You can call me Skyria or Sky. If I can call you Oola.”

Once inside the building Skyria also removed her rain poncho, folding it up and placing it on the deck officer’s desk to be stored for her next use. Afterwards, Skyria turned her attention to Oola and smiled at the blue-skinned Twi’lek. The reason why Skyria was sent to be the welcoming party was a bit more evident, though the squire’s name should have been the first hint. Moff Tane was getting better at dealing with “aliens”, but Pakuuni culture was quite xenophobic and that was something that even took a rebellious Skyria a bit to conquer. ”Since it seems that the Empire will need to answer challenges from the Sith as well as continue our current dominating expansion, the Moff has taken an interest in the Crusaders and what they do. As a recent trainee I assume she would like a first hand account of training practices. Also, she has asked me to spar with you after showing you around the base.”

Skyria smiled and again made a motion with her hand for Oola to follow. ”Just a friendly match. I have extensive hand to hand training, and I’ve been working on my melee combat as well. More than likely she means to test your training and mine in concert. I hope that does not bother you.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom