Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Discussion Interest Check - Vagrant Fleet

This pitch for a Vagrant Fleet faction...

• ... looks cool, and I'd write a character in it.

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • ... looks cool, though I would not participate.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • ... looks overly complicated; I'd write for a simpler Vagrant Fleet.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • ... looks bad, and I have no interest in a faction of this type.

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

K4oJvdq.png
0VC5vPz.png

yMKJGoS.png
NiAbzGr.png

Example Writing Challenges:
i4bZo7X.png

Chapter X: Hunger
Hounded by Ssi-ruuvi marauders, the fleet has been unable to stop and take on supplies in quite some time. Food stocks are running low, forcing harsh rationing with no end in sight. Tempers fray and scuffles break out as people begin to go hungry.

• What You Hunger For (5% Fuel Progress): In a post or posts of at least 500 words total, describe what your character hungers for. It could be a person (a lover, a family of their own, someone they want revenge on); a concept (safety, wealth, thrills); a substance (alcohol, spice, food); or anything else that fits the prompt. The post(s) can be part of an ongoing thread or a separate Articles entry.

• Learning to Go Without (5% Fuel Progress): During an in-character thread, have your character struggle with running out of something. This could be food, ammunition, power cells, booze, patience, or anything else they normally depend on. Across at least two separate posts, describe how your character runs out of this thing, and how they are forced to adjust when they run out.

• Codex Challenge (5% Fuel Progress): Create an NPC in the fleet who is affected by the food shortage, or update an existing fleet NPC with how the shortage has affected them. This could be someone who succumbs to starvation; someone who leads, or gets caught up in, a food riot; someone who takes advantage of the situation by hoarding food or charging exorbitant prices for it; someone who arises as a leader in the crisis, or is disgraced as a result of it; or any other person affected.

• Factory Challenge (5% Fuel Progress): Create a consumable that people have improvised to fill their empty bellies during the shortage. This could be liquor brewed from coolant fluid, bread made from mushrooms picked off the water recyclers, fried boot leather, or whatever else the desperate might try to eat.

• Faction Thread Participation (5% Fuel Progress): Post at least three times to the Food Riots faction thread.

Open to any and all feedback.
If there is sufficient support for the idea,
I will build out a faction page and Discord server.

I missed this the first time, but I always like making do with less and fixing up broken ships. I have a few minor characters that could drop in and out: information brokers, mercs, smugglers, droids, and mandalorians. I have lots of side characters to bulk out the numbers and fill in side plots.

I don't need this to be a center-stage character either: Can a paralyzed stim junkie, whose failing body contrasts with her Force abilities, hitch a ride? Her practically making do, and trying to maintain in her condition, reflected in the ship she's on falling to bits, could be an interesting character arc.

*A second idea was an ex-slaver on the run, dressed in civilian clothes, building relationships and then people finding out their past as it comes back to bite them. Humbling them on the way and getting them to face their actions, all that good stuff.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom