Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction It's Not My Birthday | Coruscant, Jedi Temple

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Yup, confirmed, this place is too big!

Feeling overwhelmed, Zaiya wandered for a few more minutes. Her colors were beginning to dull in growing anxiety, and she bit her lip.

The best idea now before she made herself more of a fool was to ask for directions. But with so many Jedi here, did they all know each other? Would they know immediately who Zaiya was referring to? At the university there were so many students that asking someone if they knew a particular student was rather foolish; the chances of that happening were extremely low. The last thing Zaiya wanted to do was ask several people only to get odd looks.

Not to mention she didn’t have Loomi Loomi ‘s last name, dorm number or comm either. She forgot to ask Braze Braze too.

Biting her lower lip, Zaiya found herself next to a fountain. With an anxious sigh, she picked her satchel up and looked for her comm.

Flipping it open, her multiple bangles and bracelets gave a musical jingle. Quickly, she hit her speed dial for Aris Noble Aris Noble .

Hopefully he’ll pick up.

qXrM5Mv.png

Loomi would pull away from Minerva, a smile on her face from the warm comments the Mandalorian had given her. About then was when she had suddenly been presented with a bunch of things. Ryana handed her a box, Jonyna offered something else, Ko stepped in and placed a gift on her table. It was rather overwhelming. The Godoan had really only done this to mark her year at the temple and show her appreciation for all of the friends that she had made. She hadn't really expected for people to show up with things for her. If anything was a sure-fire way to squash her anxieties, this was surely it.

Now if I may, which of you is Loomi? I owe thanks for this hospitality. And my congratulations, of course.

"That's me!" Loomi beamed. "Hello!"

New faces too! It seemed that way more people saw her little invitation thing than she had anticipated. She wasn't sure what to do with all of this new stimulation, but a part of her just wanted to stand here and do nothing... Just smile. It felt good to do that.

Quickly, she hit her speed dial for Aris Noble.

Vibrations.

Loomi could feel them faintly in the Force. She was sensitive to movement and frequencies, partly because of her antennae, but also her natural affinity for Force Tracking. It was coming from Aris.

"Aris, your thingy is buzzing," she observed.

Right, now she had a bunch of things to go through. But first...

Loomi had to make her way over to Ko. She'd step up to the older padawan and give him a hug. The Kel Dor couldn't see, a part of why the back of her note had instructions to let him know this was happening at all, so this was a gesture he would be able to experience without sight. Ko had done a lot for her, almost being like an older brother figure. He was probably her first friend at the temple. All things considered, she was glad he had showed up.

"Thank you."

Loomi Loomi
Aris Noble Aris Noble / Valery Noble Valery Noble

All of the Nobles were there, more or less, save for one.

A carefully hidden letter slipped from Aris' gift and onto the table. Call it an abuse of the force, but Vera had been a key component in this particular scheme playing out as it did. Of course, Colette was not here to find out whether it did or not but she liked to assume that it had gone off without a hitch.

Resting within the confines of this envelope was a message.

Dear Loomi,

Before I had a family, I had you. Before Valery, I also had you. You have been there since some of my first few days at the Order, and I expect you to be there for at least a bit longer. You are the sister before sisters, the friend before friends.

The time we spent sharing a dormitory before they assigned each of us one of our own was some of the best times in my life so far, and one of the best welcomes anyone could ask for when joining the Order.

I'll raid the knights' tea barn for next time we meet.
Your friend, Colette Noble

And scribbled VERY hastily at the very end, almost as if someone had forgotten:

"AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BUGFACE."

Oh by the Force. Shan had left it until the last minute to come up with the idea of getting Loomi a present for her...not-birthday thing. What was he meant to get? What did people even like nowadays? It had been somewhat easy during the Nobles birthdays for him to get them something but he didn't actually know Loomi as well as them. Books? No. No. That probably wouldn't be something she enjoyed. Training equipment? No. Maybe...food! Yeah! He could try to make something homemade.

And that thought is what caused Shan to show up to the dorm, carrying a bowl of...salad. Well, Shan wasn't exactly a master chef or anything. Salads were nice and simple to make, with various bits of greenery. Plus if you didn't like something, you could just take it! It was the best idea. Wait. What if Loomi was allergic to something in the salad? Or if one of the guests was allergic...Oh well! Being paranoid wasn't going to help anyone.

The Mirialan took a look around at all of the other people who had seemed to have shown up for the party and just snuck his way off to the side to stand. It was what he did at any social event. Find the closest wall to stand against and just watch. People watching. Yeah. That was what he was doing. Just...watching people.

Loomi Loomi and a lot of other people.

xiqfVVX.png

"Then it's one I'll be sure to ask my friends."

Aris nodded once, giving Valrey a brief smile in the process. Her advice was always the advice he sought for first. Now that he had it though, he looked to Loomi, fully ready to ask his question for her. Though paused as he glanced to his mom, raising a brow. Violence? .. Well then again Gatz did just call her a lighter so maybe it was warranted.

He mentally shrugged before putting his attention to the question he wanted to ask, only for her to cut him off. Buzzing? He tilted his head to the side before glancing down. Oh! His holocom. He frowned in embarrassment, but it seemed Loomi had already moved on. He took a breath before clicking on the com. Later. He'd ask later. ".. Oh! Zaiya? What's up? .. Did you get lost?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Loomi Loomi | Gatz Derrevar Gatz Derrevar | Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
"Aris!" Zaiya gave a sigh of relief. Her colors regained their luminosity, her skin glowing with renewed vibrancy as she sighed gratefully. Oh, thank the stars he had picked up.

Of course, the Aris Noble Aris Noble picked up quickly that Zaiya had, indeed, gotten herself lost. Embarrassment tinged her cheeks with coral hues, darkening her mottled spots. "Yea-ah... I'm by..." She paused, turning slightly to survey her surroundings.

"I'm by a fountain. I'm not sure which building number or dorm room I should go to," she admitted, her voice carrying a hint of uncertainty, swatches of soft grey flecked with yellow rippled over her skin. She clutched the present bag she held in her other hand.

"... and this place is so big..."

qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

Aris's expression immediately softened from the calm, I'm not frustrated with being unable to complete what I set out to do, to concern and some joy. The holocom couldn't show the change in colors, but Zaiya's expression spoke volumes. As did her voice. His guess was right at least, though he had hoped he wouldn't be. He glanced up to where Loomi stood before clearing his throat.

"I'm going to get Zaiya. She's lost."

The simple announcement, and he turned to head to the door while keeping the com on. Yes, he could absolutely sprint through the whole temple to find her if he had to, and he did sort of start in a jog, but she said fountain so..

"Are there multiple doors there with the fountain? Gardens, by chance?" The Thousand Fountains was his first thought. If there were indeed rooms to other gardens, then it'd make it easy for him to find her. If not, well, there were only around ten or so other fountains in the temple. He should be able to sprint that fast enough. Maybe. Probably.

Hopefully.

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Another wave of palpable relief washed over Zaiya as she heard Aris's words. The sensation of feeling alone disappeared, replaced by a comforting warmth spreading through her. Once again, Aris was keeping his promise, and knowing that he was coming to her rescue eased her worries.

"Umm... one second," Zaiya replied, her voice tinged with gratitude. She took a few steps towards a large archway to the right, leading to a series of open, inviting pathways.

As she entered the area, her eyes widened in awe. "Oh... Oh!" she gasped, her voice filled with wonder. "Oh... Aris... this place is huge. Wow.... how -- oh right, sorry. Gardens. There are several gardens... oh, this is so beautiful," she exclaimed, her voice continuing in awe.

qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

"Thousand Fountains."

That made it easy at least. His run slowed to more of a jog. Which for him was still pretty damn fast, but at least he didn't feel like he wasn't going to find her. He bit back a chuckle as she continued to talk about the gardens itself. He'd show her more of the place some other time, but right now he wanted to make sure she was able to make it to Loomi's party.

So he rushed his way there, only slowing once he walked through the doorway to find her.

"Alright. I'm here." He'd hung up once he made it to the door, glancing around briefly in the process. She shouldn't be far. Provided she didn't go wandering, at least.

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti | @Others

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

"Oh! Right, sorry, umm," Zaiya glanced around, then gave a sheepish grin at the holocam. "I... might have wandered a bit. Let me head back to where I started." If it was a garden, Zaiya was prone to getting herself completely immersed in it, especially something like this. Aris Noble Aris Noble hung up, but Zaiya was still unable to stop herself from lingering and looking as she returned to where she had started, putting her comm away back in her satchel.

It didn't take long to spot him. Tall and perfectly coiffed silver hair. How did he get it to stay styled that way? Either way, Zaiya's face brightened, and a pink rush of pleasure, along with the ombre of cerulean hues in her joy to see him, shimmered in a lovely show of bioluminescence.

"Aris!" She called out, waving her hand in excited greeting, then rushed over to him, grateful to finally see a familiar face.

qXrM5Mv.png

Z9U36lL.png

Despite being able to ‘see’ in practically every direction at once through The Force, he was still a bit surprised and caught off guard by Loomi’s hug. He always felt a little unsure over what to do when being embraced by another like this. Ko simply brought his arm down to pat her on the back gently. “Oh you’re welcome Loomi Loomi . I’m glad I could make it and wasn’t off on some mission or still on Dorin.” Ko was more than aware that he hadn’t been around his friend very much over the last few years. He could also empathize with her not knowing when her birthday was in some ways. He knew his birthday was on Dorin, but here on coruscant it was a bit hard to estimate.

“And It ain’t much, but I thought you’d enjoy your present…” Ko simply said, trying not to hint at what it was too much. Knowing that she liked her crafts and using all sorts of things to create things together in unique yet scrappy ways. Also it had some cultural ties to Atrisia which Ko himself was always a fan of.

“I hope you enjoy your bir- um… Not Birthday party. I haven’t noticed Braze Braze here yet. But I’m sure he’ll be here.” Knowing the snow haired boy, he was probably going above and beyond with something for this. The echani was definitely an overachiever to a fault.

xiqfVVX.png

He could only chuckle.

Aris understood well the lure of the fountains. They were among his favorite places to wander and explore, especially when it came to visiting the room for Panatha. At least she hadn't gotten herself lost within. He raised a hand in greeting as she did, smiling warmly.

"We're not too far from the party. Shall we go see Loomi and wish her a happy not birthday?"

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
Zaiya halted beside Aris, her cheeks flushed with a mix of elation, relief, and gratitude at seeing him again. Her radiant smile illuminated her features, a spectrum of cerulean hues cascading over her patterns, flowing from her face down to her shoulders and arms. Clutching the bag containing her birthday present, she came to a rushed stop close to Aris, her eagerness palpable as she anticipated their next move.

When Aris suggested they head to Loomi to celebrate her birthday, Zaiya wasted no time in seizing the opportunity. With a series of enthusiastic nods, she reached out for Aris's hand, her eyes bright with excitement. Whether he reciprocated her gesture was up to him, but Zaiya's joy was unmistakable as she eagerly prepared to embark on the next leg for a friend's birthday adventure. "Let's do it!" she exclaimed, her voice brimming with anticipation.

qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

Aris blinked at first. The colors around her were brighter than he'd expected. Or maybe he should've expected this amount of joy? Oh, ohh. Yes. This would be her first time going to a party like this, from what she'd told him. There weren't people her age in the university for her to go to a birthday party for. He took her hand in his as she did, squeezing a little before turning t lead her right back to the room in question, to the party with the others.

"There's a lot of people. It's a very good vibe." He'd been researching more on what kids his age were supposed to say. Vibe was one of them.

"What did you get Loomi?"

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti | @Others

“And It ain’t much, but I thought you’d enjoy your present…

"I love it." Loomi beamed. "Braze will be along eventually."

She was sure of it. Loomi could feel him, of course. His emotions swirled around her head after all. The Echani would be along in due time. In the meantime, Shan would be the next to arrive, prompting a large smile from the Godoan. She gave the young healer a wave as he entered her room.

"Hey!" she called out.

It felt like forever since she had seem Shan too. There were a lot of friends here...

A carefully hidden letter slipped from Aris' gift and onto the table.

Loomi began to go through the things that had been brought for her, taking note of a letter. She flipped it open, immediately finding herself grinning from ear to ear. Colette was probably the second person she had ever come to know at the Temple, and one of her closer friends at that. They had confided a great deal in each other, and if anything else Loomi wondered if her relationship with Colette was anything like having an older sister. Regardless, it was a plesant sight, one she cherished for a moment before setting back down on her table.

She took a moment to look around and...

"Oh," Loomi frowned. "What happened to Aris?"

Loomi Loomi

Tirin observed as friends from various walks of life gathered to celebrate Loomi on her special day. He sipped his tea, content to stay on the outskirts and monitor the festivities. Pleased that the occasion was joyful for all involved, he was vigilant, ensuring no troublemakers disturbed the peace.

He meticulously watched the guests, making mental notes on each person significant to Loomi and scrutinizing her interactions with them. His previous student before Loomi, and Aliris Tremiru Aliris Tremiru , had left a lasting impact. Given the fate that befell his prior pupil and the little blonde, Tirin was on high alert. Loomi was precious to him, and he was determined to ensure everything was perfect, leaving no stone unturned. Not naturally sociable and given his cold, analytical demeanor, engaging in genuine small talk was a challenge for him.

Addressing Loomi, he said, "I believe your little friend went to fetch another and bring them here." He added softly, "It seems someone was lost in the room of a thousand fountains."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
There was no mistaking the skip in Zaiya's step when Aris Noble Aris Noble accepted her hand, curling it around hers and giving it a reassuring squeeze. Having this much physical contact with someone was just so heavenly for a Lovalla who had been starved of physical affection since her parent's unfortunate passing. When one considers how she was a ward for the university, Dr. Izar only looked after her basic needs and education per the requirements of her parent's trust fund, and the lack of understanding of how important familial bonds were for Lovalla it only made sense why Zaiya found herself latching so closely to Aris and the prospect of making more friends her age; especially if the Force is allowing her to feel a semblance of familial bonds again.

Warmth radiated from their grasp, and Aris would feel the subtle resonances again. This time, they were stronger than before. Perhaps because she had been practicing meditating?

"Oh, I made her chocolate-dipped strawberries," Zaiya confided, beaming brightly. Her skin took on a pearly luminescent sheen as she walked with him. "I decorated them with all kinds of cute swirls and edible decorations. Do you think she'll like them? I hope so," Worry suddenly dampened her colors slightly, "You don't think she's allergic to chocolate or strawberries right?"

qXrM5Mv.png

xiqfVVX.png

Aris tilted his head in surprise as he felt the subtle thrum of the Force between them. It was always surprising, whether when Vera helped him or when he could feel the emotions Zaiya felt, but right now it was the fact there was more that had him surprised. She was getting better with it, wasn't she? He'd have to ask her about where she was learning and her progress. Later.

Right now they needed to get back to Loomi.

"Honestly, I don't know what she likes and doesn't. I haven't talked to her like that. I should. I plan to." He paused. Wait, she'd asked him a question. He cleared his throat, giving a sheepish sort of smile of embarrassment as he got caught in his own thoughts rather than paying attention to hers. "They brought her cake, which smelled like chocolate, so I'm guessing she's not allergic to chocolate. If she is allergic to strawberries, I believe she'll at least love the artistic value you put in those."

It wasn't long at all until they were at the door, and he opened it for her.

"Go, give her your gift."

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti | Loomi Loomi | @Others

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
A mixture of emotions danced across Aris Noble Aris Noble 's features: surprise, curiosity, and a hint of embarrassment. Zaiya couldn't help but feel a surge of excitement, sensing the Force linking them more strongly than before. With a reassuring smile, she silently conveyed that everything was alright.

Finding solace in Aris's reassurance that Loomi likely wouldn't have a chocolate allergy, Zaiya felt a sense of gratitude.

"Okay, I will, thank you, Aris." She nodded appreciatively, giving Aris's hand another squeeze before shyly stepping into the room. Her eyes widened in pleasant surprise at the number of people already gathered there. Music filled the air, mingling with the buzz of conversation, while a table displayed Loomi's array of presents. Braze Braze was nowhere to be seen, suggesting he hadn't arrived yet.

Suddenly feeling overwhelmed by the unfamiliar faces, Zaiya's shyness resurfaced. She nervously bit her lower lip, briefly fiddling with the straps of her bag before mustering the courage to step forward, a dark orange ripple followed by faintly glowing blue highlights. Locking eyes with Loomi's delicate figure, Zaiya's demeanor brightened, her colors intensifying with joyful energy.

Taking a few steps forward, she weaved her way carefully over towards Loomi Loomi , telling herself to not get overanxious and not to be too forward or loud or --

"Hi, Loomi!" her overly excited cry out to the Godoan was, unfortunately, a little louder than she intended. Immediately, her face began to flush, and her markings radiated an embarrassed coral hue.

qXrM5Mv.png

Last edited:
As their host exuberantly identified herself, Jaidan responded with a nod and a smile both free and sincere. Being strangers to each other up until this very moment, it was of course a minor quandary how else to respond. They were hardly at the point of hugs after a few sentences of acquaintance, or at least that would have seemed rather over-familiar to him. Some people, he knew, simply enjoyed physical shows of affection and would seize upon any excuse for one, but even if Loomi was such a person, she was also in the company of people nearer her own age (Whatever that was, the birthday being a nebulous concept and all.) whom she clearly already knew. He would allow those guests the center stage and content himself with being more of a witness, as he'd intended from the moment.

Still, he could at least reciprocate and give his name as well. That was just courtesy, really.

"Hello, Loomi Loomi . I'm Jaidan. Happy Birthday, and thank you for allowing me into your space. A Jedi doesn't tend to collect much that's uniquely theirs...save on occasions like this, of course. It does you credit that you share it so freely."

With that, he disengaged to allow others the attention, and navigated his way to the table where Loomi's growing tally of personal possessions was being collected, offering a quick but sympathetic smile to Shan Pavond Shan Pavond . The Mirialan had not yet arrived when Jaidan first allowed the combination of jubilation and anxiety to guide him here, but he hardly required the Force to identify one so out of their element. No more than the smile, though; if the young Jedi chose to watch in silence, more or less as Jaidan himself planned, the decision would be respected. But perhaps he'd join him in his vigil...after his current task was complete.

He had indeed come prepared to offer his thanks with more than just words. He had literally no way of knowing anything about Loomi's tastes as far as gifts went, but he supposed that was the beauty of a gift like this. It would make for a pretty decoration, at the very least, and Jaidan had made it himself, so there was that. But if it ultimately proved anything remarkable beyond simple aesthetics...well, that would be entirely up to Loomi in her life to come. Reaching into the folds of his black and silver robe, his hand came up again a moment later, with a gleaming crystalline and metallic dodecahedron about the size of a grapefruit in tow. Seeming to the eye like polished bronze, the metallic casing framed what could almost be taken for a carefully faceted gemstone, blue like the clear waters of some far off tropical sea but opaque enough to conceal the circuitry within.

A holocron was not trivial to construct. The Force came naturally enough, but that aspect of the device which was mechanical in nature required both careful study of technical manuals and constant triple checking of the work he was loathe to trust. Really, it was either dumb luck or the will of the Force that he had this in his possession and awaiting a new dedicated field of study to one day compile within. But nor was the artifact irreplaceable should a replacement one day be needed, and now the task of filling it would fall to another. Parting with it for this purpose instead felt...right. Laying it gently down amidst the hoard, he smiled once more, softly this time, and went off to find his corner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom