Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png
sQwOWxC.png
Teresa went about her morning in the usual fashion of breakfast in the cockpit while gazing out the window, then sorting her daughter out with food to. Given Komi had her hands full back on The Drepane it was hard to set up for her lengthy practice session in the morning. Right now it was not entirely a down side, as it was relaxing to just look after something so innocent and hers. Moving things into the afternoon was not so bad.

It had been a week already since she had sent the message out to Braze Braze . The woman wondered if the little warrior would show, mostly she wanted to know if she'd get that crystal back any time soon. That was not the only reason, talking to him was amusing if anything. Also was the first one from the jedi side to not out right attack or be hostile.

Teresa could not deny that the encounter was new and refreshing experience. Despite that she still did not trust the little jedi and held a respectable level of caution. In the past week she had however taken time to explore with Galatea held closely against her in a sling. For that reason the Valkyrie even wore clothes that was less her usual style or practical for comfortable and soft. Even Teresa was not set against it after wearing them for a while.

So like every other day she prepared to head out, as she got to the bottom of the ramp Teresa noticed the sounds of a star ship thrusters from not to far away and powered down. With her daughter swaddled and secured against the Blackened Valkyrie the two made their way towards the direction by foot.

Braze had made sure to share the message with Jasper Kai'el upon receiving it.

He wasn't really certain how to approach someone like Teresa aside from how he approached anyone. He didn't think most people were all bad or all good, but rather somewhere in between.

There was a desire in him to make things better for others even when he wasn't asked. That was probably one of the reasons he had so much trouble with peers he perceived as younger but were far more capable than himself in many regards.

Stepping away from the temple to just be... and be who and what he wanted was a big allure to Braze. It was freedom like never before. He was unaccustomed to such independence and freedom although he constantly longed for it.

The crystal in question had been purified by his hand along with a few other crystals in his possession. He often kept them close together out of a belief that they could somehow comfort one another through the Force. Perhaps it was childish or naive to think such things but it's what Braze believed in. He did promise her he would return it. He wasn't certain what she might think after seeing it as purified. He requested Jasper Kai'el to go with him to the location to fulfill his promise and spoke to the man about how his word and honor were important for him. If your word was worthless then so was your honor and you couldn't expect to show others that there was good in the world if you couldn't portray that.

"Alright," Jasper sighed as he set down his freighter. "You can return the crystal, like we agreed. Then I'd like to exchange some words with her."

This was probably not going to go anywhere good. That was really the only rational conclusion Jasper could come to, given the history he had with Carnifex and his cohort. Best case scenerio was that they simply returned the crystal and left without another word. Jasper probably should have told his student to suck it up. Leave his word unfulfilled. Ultimately that would be contradictory to his own value in spoken word. There was simply no way around this.

Jasper lowered the ramp of the Lonestar-1, stepping off alongside Braze. He couldn't help but feel a pang of sympathy upon seeing what the tall warrior had nestled against her chest. There was no way he'd be able to defend himself should Teresa draw a blade. Not without causing harm to the child.

Now he really hoped this was the best case scenerio.

"Right," the Master began. "Braze has something to return to you. After that you and I need to have a conversation."

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

Her hand reached out to push away dense foliage from one side as her wing acted like a shield the other side. Not far she heard the depressurization of a ship, its vapour blew in her direction traveling in long swirls before dissipating fully into the breeze. For some reason it was hard to shake this feeling that made hairs stand on the back of her neck, There was a powerful presence near by that was not just the little warrior. It would no doubt be to late to hide her own presence in the force knowing she'd have already been felt in the force too.

Coming to the other side, Teresa noticed it was not just Braze but the man who made that serving retainer panic attack worse at the Naboo gala some time ago. Her golden orange wrapped in black eyes looked down on the blond haired jedi as her arm squeezed her child closer. The Valkyrie felt cautious feeling she had walked into a trap of her own making.

The blackened Valkyrie kept a distance, one that each of them could close in a moments notice, but not before the other could react. it was hard not to notice that there was an air of unease too, a tension that sliced through the air. The Jedi said the first words making the woman narrow her eyes at the adult. "I know he does," She said with confidence. "I leant a crystal to the little warrior. Part of one of three deals we made." She wondered how much Braze had spoken about her.

Teresa looked down at Galatea glancing into her green eyes and little hand that reached up to grasp black strands of hair. With a little deep breath she calmed down herself confident that in the worst Teresa was prepared to defend herself more importantly her daughter. It was not a feeling she was used to, something she needed protect with her life. "Well, I planned to talk to Braze the different views make talking fun, and now there are is two warriors stood before me. One I know and the other one I do not, further more he is an adult a full fledged warrior. Your scars, gaze... even your presence make that apparent."

"You're not the kind that would usually seek me out so you must be the Mentor." Her eyes studied the man noting the cybernetic arm, his stance and clothes, more so the physique too. "Hummm." She clearly had a thought that was not for sharing.

Teresa sighed and turned her back while gripping the hilt of her blade tight, blade was not draw in the slightest from auxiliary, but she was ready the adult took the bait and attacked with her back turned. "Longs as it's a conversation and not an attempt at my head fine, we can talk," she spoke with a serious tone while partially turning back to look at the man again her eyes narrowed a little.

"I've no intention of braking the first deal with Braze, but I will to protect my little girl. Draw your blade on me, all of mine will bare down on you and you alone. I'd expect the same if it was the other way around anyway." Teresa said with a calmness and a smile. "Also long time no see Braze. You look well."

Braze, a bit tired, padded ahead of Jasper, drawing up the crystal in his hand. He offered it to her, pausing halfway across from the two of them.

"You would be correct. This is my Master," Braze stated simply. "You had your daughter already? She's adorable," he added in a weak, tired-sounding voice. He didn't seem to have a strong presence within the Force but didn't appear worried about the adults or whether they might fight one another. That was more of an afterthought. It was evident that Braze didn't feel threatened by anyone here, despite the high tensions.

"I'm sorry I didn't bring it back sooner. Things have been rough,"
he offered quietly, holding up the gem.

"I've no intention of braking the first deal with Braze, but I will to protect my little girl. Draw your blade on me, all of mine will bare down on you and you alone. I'd expect the same if it was the other way around anyway."

"I said conversation, not-" Jasper began, but then let out a sigh. "Nevermind..."

He didn't like that statement. Draw a blade on a child, did she think he was an Imperial? Jasper let the momentary frustration leave his system, allowing Braze to return the stone while he thought of how to phrase what it was he needed to say. This felt wrong. This was, for all intents and purposes, the romantic partner of the man who had tried to force his best friend to end her own life.

Clear mind. Act with a clear mind.

"I appreciate you not bringing any harm to Braze," he exhaled, speaking again once he had collected himself. "That being said, however, I cannot permit you to seek him out any further."

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png
"I heard you." She said replying to his exasperated sigh and passing it off with a never mind. "I was just stating, I can at least feel you are stronger than me, do you blame me for being cautious around someone who probably thinks of me as an enemy when this is clearly not a battlefield? I may not be book smart but does not mean I am not stupid enough to take chances." The Valkyrie was at least honest to some degree. Though not every word was as straight cut.
The Blackened Valkyrie turned back to facing the two fully and steadily knelt down to one knee coming down to the boys height a little more. She immediately wanted to take her words back as Braze came closer about him looking well. The kid did not look as energetic as last time. "I did, and isn't she. It feels, strange being a mother honestly." The smile Teresa on her face was not one that could be faked. Despite what someone had described her as spooky once, her expression was certainly tender and perhaps prideful too.

"We called her Galatea," Teresa glanced at the Jedi behind and came back to the kid. "Does your Master have a name?" Now Braze was no longer overshadowed by the presence of his Master she could even feel something deeper was wrong. "You brought it to me eventually don't be sorry young warrior. I understand," her tone came softly as a hint of concern glinted in the woman's eye. "What happened to you Braze?"

The Blackened Valkyrie was a little surprised to see the colour was no longer red but white as snow. She went to reach up and pet his head like she had done once before, though just before Teresa hesitated and pulled back despite wanting to comfort. Instead she took the crystal between finger and thumb placing it into her other hand. There was a warmth to the rock that no longer held a trace of the feelings she'd poured into it.

Her eyes moved back to glance at the man raising a brow. "I'd obviously not harm someone I consider a friend, even if he is an unlikely one. I enjoy talking with him because of such differing thoughts. Also his cooking makes me a little jealous enough I kind of want learn how without everyone at home know about it." As the mans next words came her brow furrowed a little. "And what do you mean by that?" Teresa had an idea even sounded unhappy about those words, rather they had annoyed her a fair bit. The Valkyrie began to remember snippets of what it was the blond man had said to the man at the gala. It was enough to give an inkling of what it was that was going on.

Braze blinked, looking at her with half-lidded eyes before glancing back at Jasper. "He's also my papa... His name is Jasper. Jasper, this is Teresa. Please don't be mean to him. He's very nice and probably the kindest person I know," Braze chirped softly.

"He's just worried about me and he has his reasons, just as you have yours... and... Galatea? That's a beautiful name."
Braze offered quietly, watching what Teresa did with the little gem. He had tried his best to impart as much consideration, understanding, and love into that poor crystal as he could when purifying it. His gaze shifted to Teresa slowly and then to her daughter, noting their similarities. "And she's just as pretty as her mom; you did a good job making her. " he offered lightly before tentatively padding back over to Jasper's side.

He moved to lean into Jasper's side with a sort of tiredness that permeated his motions as he nuzzled his face into the man's side much like a cat showing affection for its owner. But Braze reached up and gently hugged him, trying to show a display of affection. "Jasper's been taking care of me. I've been really uh... sick because of some gross stuff Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen 's hired goon threw on me... I should get better... I think... right?" Braze asked, looking up at Jasper as he hugged him, leaning on him as he did this. It was unusual for Braze to be so openly affectionate or innocuously sweet or open about how he felt about Jasper. His inhibitions were lowered in some manner because he just felt so out of it, but he was definitely feeling better than he was and he was very grateful to still have Jasper.

"That's something the two of you have in common... " Braze said in a quiet weak tone... " You both suck at cooking. "

Last edited:

Jasper sighed, patting Braze on the head as he hugged him.

"I... look, this isn't about you," Jasper expressed as plainly as he could. "I've seen well enough that you aren't hostile towards Braze. It's your ties to Carnifex that puts him in danger."

He let out an exhale, turning his head to Braze for a moment. How was she even supposed to understand given her infatuation with the Sith Lord? It wasn't like she'd simply be able to understand his perspective immediately, let alone the road he walked to be here. He just had to be upfront and honest...

Then go from there.

"Carnifex and I stand at odds," he stated. "Braze is... Braze is a path to me. I know a man who is willing to torture children to get what he needs. Use his own kin as tools. I don't have a doubt in my mind that he would use him to get to me. So long as you maintain your teather to Carnifex, you present a threat to my... to my son I cannot ignore."

Jasper didn't want this to be any harder than it had to be. But of course, the freshly appointed Master never did truly find himself with a choice on these sorts of matters. It was always into the fire with him.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png
"He's also my papa... His name is Jasper. Jasper, this is Teresa. Please don't be mean to him. He's very nice and probably the kindest person I know," Braze chirped softly.

"He's just worried about me and he has his reasons, just as you have yours... and... Galatea? That's a beautiful name."
Braze offered quietly, watching what Teresa did with the little gem. He had tried his best to impart as much consideration, understanding, and love into that poor crystal as he could when purifying it. His gaze shifted to Teresa slowly and then to her daughter, noting their similarities. "And she's just as pretty as her mom; you did a good job making her. " he offered lightly before tentatively padding back over to Jasper's side.

He moved to lean into Jasper's side with a sort of tiredness that permeated his motions as he nuzzled his face into the man's side much like a cat showing affection for its owner. But Braze reached up and gently hugged him, trying to show a display of affection. "Jasper's been taking care of me. I've been really uh... sick because of some gross stuff Marlon Sularen's hired goon threw on me... I should get better... I think... right?" Braze asked, looking up at Jasper as he hugged him, leaning on him as he did this. It was unusual for Braze to be so openly affectionate or innocuously sweet or open about how he felt about Jasper. His inhibitions were lowered in some manner because he just felt so out of it, but he was definitely feeling better than he was and he was very grateful to still have Jasper.

"That's something the two of you have in common..." Braze said in a quiet weak tone... "You both suck at cooking."

Hearing Braze call the man Papa and give his name. She started to grasp some more of the undertones of the situation. She found it a little ironic more on her part than the others, though perhaps they would too. Teresa smiled again at the sweet compliments Braze offered towards Galatea. Perhaps this was part of why she enjoyed the child's company. He did not talk up or down at her in the ways she expects, in the ways this Jasper did off the start.

When the kid mentioned what happened to him. She looked down as the two might feel the flicker of her aura spike as she said the name, "Marlon Saluren," looking up and making eye contact with the kid the Valkyrie made sure she would memorize the name. "If I come across this fool, I will make that fether pay with more than his life." The woman sounded completely serious in her tone while muttering them to herself, almost as if they where unshakable and an absolute. Teresa even sounding excited at the prospect of a hunt.

Before those thoughts could truly begin to feaster in her head the kids next comment made the woman's face turn a slight tinge of pink from embarrassment. "Hey! I can at least roast meat over a fire," she paused a moment and looked to the side. "Does taste like pure chit though compared to you or Komi's cooking."
"I... look, this isn't about you," Jasper expressed as plainly as he could. "I've seen well enough that you aren't hostile towards Braze. It's your ties to Carnifex that puts him in danger."

He let out an exhale, turning his head to Braze for a moment. How was she even supposed to understand given her infatuation with the Sith Lord? It wasn't like she'd simply be able to understand his perspective immediately, let alone the road he walked to be here. He just had to be upfront and honest...

Then go from there.

"Carnifex and I stand at odds," he stated. "Braze is... Braze is a path to me. I know a man who is willing to torture children to get what he needs. Use his own kin as tools. I don't have a doubt in my mind that he would use him to get to me. So long as you maintain your teather to Carnifex, you present a threat to my... to my son I cannot ignore."

"I sort of figured that out... that it was not about me. Especially how you made that person's emotional level plummet on Naboo. It was the most entertaining thing I saw that night, Second being that guy getting knocked out by Kaine's jedi son." She said as the man exhaled and looked to the young warrior. She already understood from moments ago that Braze was Jaspers Chain as much as her own daughter had become one to her. She made sure her hands where clearly seen while closing the distance a little. Really she did not want to keep talking so loudly.

"Also that is one way to see it for sure. Though I don't think my tether is as dangerous as you probably think. Kaine knows I will disagree to the things I don't want to do. I love him more than anything but even He understands that if I don't find value in the tasks I'm given I won't do it." Teresa enjoyment was the battlefield where armies clashed or where it was numbers over skill. Going after kids was not really her thing.

"Rather, let me give you something to consider, Jasper. What if I was to act as his last safety net, least till he is older and a full fledged warrior." Teresa had her reasons though not entirely selfish but one of more curiosity.

There was also a reason she specified till he was a full fledged warrior. The Valkyrie knew the kids intention to go after the Butcher King someday. Even though she'd advised against it there was nothing more than that Teresa could do. It was something she saw would be an impossible feat for the kid, something that would be simply unachievable.

"As I have said to Braze, I've no intention of changing his path. To me the young warrior has the right to live life as he sees fit. I know he is strong enough to fight for it," Teresa said with full confidence. After all the kid had picked up the basics of Juyo rather fast from her. The Blackened Valkyrie could remember that fiery ambition in the Half-Echani's eyes. "If this conversation was to happen months ago, I probably would not have been able to relate."

"Suppose now I could imagine the thoughts and feelings. I'd never understand because Kaine is the father of Galatea."

Last edited:

Braze shook his head, trying to listen to each of them and get his fuzzy thoughts straight. He took a deep breath before speaking, his voice soft but clear.

"I had fun with you, Teresa, and thank you for being so kind to me and looking out for my safety,"
Braze said with a gentle smile. "You've always made me feel welcome, and safe in your presence...I appreciate that more than you know."

He paused, glancing at Jasper and then back to Teresa. "But... with the way things currently are, it's too dangerous for me to spend time with you, Komi, and Galatea. I wish things were different, but I don't think it's a risk he's willing to take. There's only one of me, and I can understand that."

Braze's eyes softened as he continued, "Jasper and I... we're family now. We have a strong bond with one anouther... Jasper hasn't had much in the way of family, and neither have I.

We're there for each other, and that means I have to respect his judgment on this. Please take care of yourself and Galatea. I'll always carry the warmth of our time together in my heart, and consider you a friend."

"Jasper and I... we're family now. We have a strong bond with one anouther... Jasper hasn't had much in the way of family, and neither have I.

Jasper swelled with a great deal of pride. He knew that Braze wanted to set her on the right path, but to hear how much his surogate valued his word was a matter of great signifigance to the Master.

"Braze is right," Jasper affirmed. "I can't place my trust in blind faith alone. This is just the way that things must be. I respect the way you've conducted yourself, but I can't take the risk."

He gave Braze a sypathetic smile, patting him on the back. He had grown to be very mature in their time together. He still remembered the lost and abrasive young man who had first gone on that mission to Lothal so long ago. The journey he had taken to be here was one that had seen him grow and change. A decision like this was a good indication of where he was to go.

It was a road they would walk together.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png
Braze shook his head, trying to listen to each of them and get his fuzzy thoughts straight. He took a deep breath before speaking, his voice soft but clear.

"I had fun with you, Teresa, and thank you for being so kind to me and looking out for my safety," Braze said with a gentle smile. "You've always made me feel welcome, and safe in your presence...I appreciate that more than you know."

He paused, glancing at Jasper and then back to Teresa. "But... with the way things currently are, it's too dangerous for me to spend time with you, Komi, and Galatea. I wish things were different, but I don't think it's a risk he's willing to take. There's only one of me, and I can understand that."

Braze's eyes softened as he continued, "Jasper and I... we're family now. We have a strong bond with one another… Jasper hasn't had much in the way of family, and neither have I.

We're there for each other, and that means I have to respect his judgment on this. Please take care of yourself and Galatea. I'll always carry the warmth of our time together in my heart, and consider you a friend."
As the young warrior spoke, the blackened Valkyrie exerted her will on the force removing a few parts of her fathers saber that still hung at her side. It was not the only blade on her side that had a Jedi appearance. Then the once yellow turned red and now white crystal slotted inside before each piece came back into place. Teresa wanted to ask about it, to find out how they removed her will over the crystal. The more he said made it clear there probably might not be that chance.

Their words, their... excuses. Was it so wrong to think it felt almost half assed. 'Guess it ended before it started,' she thought to herself having finally found one that would let her learn what a Jedi actually was. Especially one outside of texts or those who drew their blades for her neck. Braze was the first which made this disappointment and perhaps a little anger too hurt even just a little.

Teresa balled the hand up that hung by her side. 'It would be one swift motion drop, six clicks, throw. Surely it would overwhelm. Then again he's on edge, probably on guard and I have my girl with me. This is a chit time ERRR!' Her hand relaxed after a second as Teresa took a deep breath. "Fine," Teresa said with a deadpan tone. "I get it."

Jasper swelled with a great deal of pride. He knew that Braze wanted to set her on the right path, but to hear how much his surrogate valued his word was a matter of great significance to the Master.

"Braze is right," Jasper affirmed. "I can't place my trust in blind faith alone. This is just the way that things must be. I respect the way you've conducted yourself, but I can't take the risk."

He gave Braze a sympathetic smile, patting him on the back. He had grown to be very mature in their time together. He still remembered the lost and abrasive young man who had first gone on that mission to Lothal so long ago. The journey he had taken to be here was one that had seen him grow and change. A decision like this was a good indication of where he was to go.

It was a road they would walk together.
"It isn't the way they must be," Her golden orange of her eyes had a slight glow to them as the anger seemed to swell inside as her gaze shifted from Braze and over to Jasper. "It's what you made them to be." The Valkyrie turned her back and took a few steps. "Thanks for showing me that even jedi are as quick to abandon as much as the rest of the galaxy not that it surprises me." Her words conveyed the bitterness well.

"Komi is going to be devastated too, she seemed to have imprinted on you quite bit. A shame, she's been spending a lot of her evenings in your training. My poor retainer puts so much effort into ensuring that your house trees are healthy, and the rest that came with."

"Before you ask why, those plastic chit's who can't fight was close by when I was last there. Guess I can't discuss with you today now. What the feth am I going to do with three trees. Suppose I will make the trip to put them back. If the lost losers find and torch it, well its not my problem is it."

"Later Braze, If you change your mind, you know how." She said begrudgingly not looking back to give them the expression that was on her face now Teresa was not looking at them. The Blackened Valkyrie looked into the green eyes her daughter got from her dad. It was enough to sooth even a little. Her legs would carry her forwards this time not stopping. "Lets go home my little one and go see your dad, maybe He will play with with us and give lotsh of attention, yesh he will. Your sho cute I could eat you up."

At least Teresa had the cheerful giggles of Galatea to keep her company.

Last edited:

This was something Braze had perhaps naively hoped he could avoid. It felt like his efforts were for naught, and that any new perspectives he might have started to impart were crushed. He could understand her feelings were hurt. He didn't need the Force to feel that; it was plain as day in how Teresa acted. He was a little confused when she spoke about trees and tried to focus on what she was saying, but the fuzzy-mindedness made it difficult. This was decidedly not a fun meeting for either of them.

He didn't seem to have time to formulate any words to her, no real explanation at least. There was a sentiment he did want to say, but something was stopping him from doing so. What he settled on were two other sentences. "Please stay safe, Teresa... I will miss you," he called as she left them.

An uneasy feeling settled in the pit of his stomach, and he tried to remain calm, looking for a little while as she departed. A frown slowly formed on his pale features, and his gaze shifted downwards as negative emotions filled his little heart. He felt many things and thought many things. He wished there was a way to find common ground or bring the two adults some level of understanding that could foster a peaceful environment. He just didn't know how to achieve this presently. For now, he felt like he had failed. He'd failed to be a good friend, and he felt like he was failing to be a good Jedi for not finding the solution... but perhaps that might take time...

He looked up at Jasper with glassy eyes and moved a hand to rub at the rims of his eyes, trying to clear away the sentiment that came with becoming tearful. He couldn't blame Jasper for his stance. He understood his reasons just as much as he understood Teresa's.

"We hurt her feelings," Braze offered gently.

"I know," Jasper sighed. "I'm sorry. I just don't see a path forward. The only path for any kind of redemtion is to betray the man she's married. Even if she understood where we stand... that is a conviction not easily broken. Carnifex has removed the minds of organics to enslave them, slaughtered millions and driven a race to near extinction, personally tortured my family... and she loves him."

Jasper sighed, patting Braze on the head.

"There's nothing stronger than love in the galaxy," he stated with remorse. "Even if it's worn on a twisted sleeve."

That was something that they could never change, no matter how hard they tried. Jasper could see the remorse in Braze. He knew it was the thing a Jedi should do, to see a right path forward for those who could find a better path. Here, however, he could see the road paved to hell.

This was going to lead to tears one way or another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom