Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost and Forgotten

History has a way of repeating itself. Humans, in their infinite wisdom, believe they learn from their mistakes, and from the mistakes of their predecessors. And yet, year after year, generation after generation, they continue to make the same grievous mistakes over, and over again. Fascists forge new empires and plunge the galaxy into chaotic war. Republics build themselves up claiming they will bring peace, and unity to the galaxy. Each one swelling to obese proportions, and ultimately die, collapsing under their own weight.

This self-destructive behavior is even worse among the low lives of the galaxy. Criminals never seem to learn from their failings. Oh sure, they will learn a trick or two to prolong their inevitable failure, but ultimately they will slink back into the habits they know best. Thieves will convince themselves they have garnered new skills that will ensure they are never caught again. Murderers will believe themselves untouchable the longer their crimes go unpunished. And no where in the galaxy is this behavior worse than on Nar Shaddaa.

The Smuggler's Moon, a reeking cesspit of unadulterated villainy and corruption. No government in history had succeeded in quelling the infamous criminal moon. No laws had ever held much sway here except those enforced by more powerful criminal elements. It was no small coincidence that criminals flocked here, even those who had forgotten what they truly were.

Vortex, such a simple name for a creature that provoked such intense hostility from the Blood Matron. A creature thought missing, or dead for years now had finally been found. Worse still, the little creature had been found in the same region of space Zenva now called home. This was an opportunity the Zabrak simply couldn't let slip through her crimson fingers. It was high time Zenva's lost property was returned to her by any means necessary.

The Watering Hole, a cheap, run down little cantina in a district recently renamed The Butcher Block. It was in this little bar that Zenva's Elites had finally caught up to the small woman known as Vortex. They appeared slowly, alone or in pairs. Soon it became difficult to ignore the growing number of heavily armed soldiers in matching body armor. The smartest, or most cowardly, of the cantina's occupants began to leave of their own accord. Others were approached, and told in low, menacing tones to evacuate. Not long after the first pair had entered did the cantina become nearly desolate. Some dozen and a half soldiers with matching armor and weapons now stood in a half circle around one small woman sitting at the bar. Vortex.

One soldier took a step forward, still well beyond the woman's reach. A harsh male voice rumbled out of the soldier's helmet. "Vortex, let's not make a scene. Set any weapons you're carrying on the bar, and stand up with your hands on your head." A pair of magnetic shackles dangled in the man's hand.

[member="Sapphire Vortex"]

As time went on vortex got back in the rhythm on feeding her self before she got to sick. This time it had brought her to Nar shads, If there was any place she could get away with the type of things she needed it was here. Vortex had spent a week on the planet scoping the ever bar and club to find which one was the best to get her dinner. As the week went by she started to have flash backs that couldn't clearly see all she knew was that there was something here for her.

One afternoon while she was walking around she had a flash back. What she could see was a building just up a ways with a location of a key that unlocked a apartment. Once the flash back stopped she had to sit down to regain her self. While she was trying to remember the location she had seen a man sat down next to her and saying. "It's been a while sense we've seen you around here. Does she need something done?" Vortex looked over at the man confused. "I'm sorry do I know you and who?" The man showed a grin. "Well if the Blood Matron doesn't have anything for use to do I will just assume that your here for her again." She still looked confuse at this man but now she didn't know what to make of this man. "I'm sorry but I think you mistaken me for another person."

The man looked to up staring at the building in front of them and smiled. "I'm sorry I must have." Once the man stood up her turned to vortex, Handing her an envelope. "If you ever decide that your the person I was looking for your room is still the way you left it." Vortex slowly grabbed the envelope out of the mans hand. "Have a nice evening.. and try not to get into to much trouble."

Vortex waited for the man to be out of sight before she looked down at the envelope as she slowly flipped it over to open. "What did I get my self into?" Vortex slowly opened the envelope with her finger as she made it sharper. She was confused once she looked in it, It was the key with a four smaller keys. Vortex looked up at the building in front of her. She didn't know how to feel about this but some how it made her feel safe.

Once she built up enough courage she made her way into the building to find the apartment. Once she found which floor it was on her took the elevator up. Once she made it to the floor and out of the elevator she was hit with another flash back but this time there was another person there she couldn't make it all out but who ever it was it looked like she was excited she was there, Then it ended leaving her to catch her breath and leaning on the door of the apartment.

Vortex pulled the key out of her pocket unlocking the door. She took a second before opening it to make sure it wasn't a trap. Once she opened the door it revealed a room full of weapons with what looked like an assassination board. Once Vortex closed the door and turned the lights on it reveled a metal box that looked it could fall from space and still survive. As she walked over to the box it looked like it needed three keys to open it.

Once she opened the box to her surprise it was another metal box and this one needed a key like the others. As she opened the box she felt warm and security radiating from inside once she started to look through it she found a beautiful crafted dagger, few credits along with what appeared to be fake ID's and stolen bank accounts, At the bottom was a black choker with a crystal on it with the name written on the back Blood Matron. She had no clue who or what that was but it was in the box so it has to be important right?

That night Vortex had gone to a run down cantina in the hopes she would snag someone there. Vortex sat at the bar next a twi'lek female warming up to her. As she ordered another round for them she heard a commotion behind her. By the sounds of it, it wasn't another of what they call a brawl but soldiers. This alerted her as the twi'lek left as the soldiers moved around her. Vortex drank the her glass before a soldier stepped forward telling her not to make a scene.

Vortex smiled as she look at the bottle in her hand. "Your all awfully calm about this situation I'm going to assume you've not just any ordinary bounty hunters but you've been hardened and have become the best of what you do? Your almost perfect soldiers but you need eighteen for me.. It looks like you know what I can do, To bad you didn't bring enough." She said with a little chuckle. "Before we start what ever is going to happen tell me a few things. The first thing how do you know my name and why does it sound like you know me? The last question is what can you tell me of this?" She said as she threw the choker backwards at him.

[member="Zenva Vrotoa"]

The soldiers stood in silence while the lone woman in the center of their formation spoke. A few traded questioning glances with one another, though none spoke their confusion aloud. Even the harsh commander wore a puzzled expression beneath his concealing helmet. The man simply didn't know what to make of the woman's odd questions beyond thinking she was attempting to deceive them somehow.

Vortex turned, throwing a thin length of black fabric at the leader. None of the soldiers so much as flinched at her sudden movement, a testament to the training and experience. None except their leader. His arm snapped up with the quickness of a serpent's strike, snatching the little choker from the air. He glanced down at it for a moment before his attention returned to the lone woman before him. He passed the choker to the soldier on his left, who glanced at it briefly and stepped forward.

There was not much of a difference between one soldier and another, their identities, even their genders, were masked by matching armor and weapons. Yet somehow Vortex knew a woman's voice would emerge from the gleaming black helmet of the second soldier. And indeed a woman's voice came from the new speaker a soft, musical voice. "Vortex, are you saying you don't remember us? We served together, all of us." The female soldier gestured to the others standing around Vortex. She held up the thin black choker for Vortex to see. "This was a gift from our mistress, the Lady Zenva Vrotoa. Your mistress. She's waiting for you to be returned to her Vortex. She's outside. Will you come peacefully?"

Vortex knew that who ever these people were they weren't lying that they knew her. She listened with a smile on her face facing forward as the female behind her spoke to her. Once she mentioned someone was waiting outside for her she closed her eyes and held her breath for a quick moment allowing her to hear every heart beat out side, She opened her eyes hearing every beat at the same rhythm except for one, That one stood out it's beat was slightly faster then the rest. Who ever they were talking about this one had to be her. Vortex chugged the bottle she had in her hand then saying exact distance she was standing from the building and if there was anything in front of her.

Vortex set the bottle down near the edge of the table as she stood up and turned around to face the one that had spoke to her. Sense the sound of your voice is oddly soothing i'm not going to barbeque you all, Or I still might who know. Vortex started to walk toward the female slowly.. "Even with your armor covering ever inch of your bodies there's still one thing you can't hide from me. Now we both know none of you are going to shoot me. Noo who ever your working for wants me in one piece. Even if you all know me personally I can't be sure I did just drink enough to kill a human so that leave me to think you were just told to subdue me. Your all equipped with flash and stun grenades."

Once vortex made it out of arms reach she tilted her head playfully staring straight into her eyes through the helmet. "If you know me so well you have nothing to fear take off your helmet for me and let me see that how beautiful you are." Vortex thought if they knew anything about her is the brighter her eyes are pink the deadlier she gets, along with her abilities getting stronger.

[member="Zenva Vrotoa"]

The female soldier took a step back as Vortex moved toward her, ingrained reflexes demanding she maintain some distance between them. "I'm sure the Matron will appreciate that you are not going to try to set fire to us, Vortex, but you're mistaken. Our orders are to treat you gently if possible. We've been told to do whatever is needful to bring you home." The woman settled her hand on the grip of her holstered sidearm to emphasize the statement.

Her free hand came up between them, palm out in a placating gesture. "While we know you, it's clear you have forgotten us somehow. Let Mister Irons secure you, and we'll take you home Vortex. The Matron is eager to see you returned. I'll remove my helmet if you come with us peacefully. I swear it."

The first soldier, Mister Irons apparently, stepped up beside the female soldier. "Don't make this more difficult, Vortex. Let us do our job." He held up the jumbled shackles again. "The Matron will even see to it you are properly feed the moment we are aboard her Flagship."

Vortex smiled and laughed to her self quietly as the soldier placed their hand on the pistol. Once they had stopped talking and promising she will be feed properly once on their ship she turned back around to the table drifting off into thought she grabbed the bottle. "Say for some reason I believe you know all personally know me. Which would make you all look less tasteful." Vortex said as she paused to looked down at the bottle. "Why would I pledge my self to this mistress.... Well what I can remember I know I wouldn't pledge my self to one person."

The second she finished talking she started to hear voices all around her causing her to take deeper breath trying to calm her self down. Vortex tried to play it off before the soldiers noticed that every second they stood there she was slowly reverting to her savage self. While she shook the bottle creating a noise that assured that some thing else was inside. "If you can tell me one thing about my secret craving that I would only tell a close friend I'll allow you to restrain me, If you can not tell me one I'll walk out of here in cuffed." She said as she broke the bottle in her hand causing to cut her self badly, But with all the blood dripping from her hand she held a small vile that looked like a glowing powder. Vortex turned around facing the two soldiers that had spoke to her. "We both know I'm not going to fight in my current attire, So I believe you can trust me but i wouldn't. So tell me one secret." She said still tightly squeezing her hand causing her to bleed faster while she was dripping the blood onto her arms covering markings appearing on her."

[member="Zenva Vrotoa"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom