Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Memory Lane

sYobHe8.png

Objective: Safely complete the patrol
Tag: Aris Noble Aris Noble

M977SXg.png

Tundra - Skyrim soundtrack

While Silas kept the scared trespasser against the wall Aris was eager for his questions to be answered. It was a good demand to start off with and one that the man was quick to answer "N-no! Just us here!" he said with an unsure look to both the boy and the knight "We were put here to do research on the planet, honest!" the recon soldier explained with multiple desperate nods. However, it was quite clear he was only telling part of the truth.

"I don't think you're being clear with us... I'd suggest you start spilling before we consider putting you in front of a judge to do this"

That comment alone made his eyes widen slightly, as well as a drop of sweat to fall down his brow "Please, master Jedi I am telling you the truth!" he now pleaded with both warriors. Silas, who was not impressed by the man's audacity could only sigh "I'm afraid you're not... all that equipment over seems to be awfully high-tech for some planetary monitoring don't you think?" Silas questioned with a small smirk "Why don't you show us what's on them before we turn a blind eye and leave you in the cold wasteland for you to freeze?"

Aris wasn't expecting a curve ball like that to come during the middle of a live situation. If his allies were starting to think indifferently would he follow suit? That was something the young Noble himself could answer.

Last edited:

xiqfVVX.png

Aris frowned. Not because he knew they were lying, he was very aware of that much, but because of the threat. Leaving them here to freeze didn't feel right in the slightest. He stayed back, only briefly glancing between Silas and the one who remained. He didn't want to get them killed, or any of them, despite how willing they were to try and kill the pair of Jedi.

But he did trust that Silas had a plan, at least.

Silas Westgard Silas Westgard

sYobHe8.png

M977SXg.png

"I- I can't! it would be- I mean I just can't!"

The man was clearly starting to panic and stumble over his words, unsure as to if the Jedi was telling the truth or simply trying to force him to speak. Silas sighed and looked into his eyes with a frown "We both know you are lying and continuing to do that has very much cost you" the knight warned before looking to Aris.

"You see those cut cables over there? bring them over to me. I say it's time we leave him to the elements for a bit to help him rethink his strategy" Silas said with a slight motion of his eyes towards where their equipment. Aris needed to figure out what was right and wrong when it came to being a Jedi. Silas may have a plan, but did it keep the Jedi values in mind?

Even if they are your friends, fellow Jedi need to find the strength to speak up and ward them away from the dark path.

xiqfVVX.png

Aris shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot. He didn't move to go gather anything, instead looking to Silas with a frown. He was still a child, and still very much the type to listen to the orders of those he believed were in charge. But right now he didn't want to help this. Tying people up, locking them away to freeze or starve, that wasn't okay.

He just didn't know how to say it.

sYobHe8.png

M977SXg.png

Seeing him looking nervous, Silas gazed to Aris with a brief frown. At the end of the day, he was still a kid. There was still loads of time for him to learn and there was no benefit from forcing the situation on him like this. Looking back at the wimpy man, he lightly sighed and decided to take the easy route of gaining the information.

"Okay buddy, one last chance. If you show me what's on that gear now I'll make sure the courts give you a bit more leniency for your cooperation. Either way, our friends back at HQ will be retrieving that information so I'm giving you a lifeline here"

Silently he pondered the offer and looked to the floor with hopelessness, a sense of dread sweeping over him from what they were going to him during and after he had served his time. If anything was going to lighten his worries, it was the first option Silas offered "I-I accept your first offer..." he muttered with a shake of his head "Please keep to your word Jedi" the man pleaded while looking between both. After a moment, Silas responded with a respectful nod.

The knight moved him to the devices and stood behind him as he worked. At the same time, he motioned the young Noble to come stand next to him <"You did well Aris, better than I would at your age"> Silas said honestly with a hand resting on Aris's shoulder <"Just remember, even though I'm your friend it doesn't mean you can standby and watch me do wrong. If I am going down a path you don't like speak up and put me in line, leaving it will only fester into something worse">

Finally, the knight smiled down to him and squeezed his shoulder "Don't worry, you'll make a great Jedi yet."

Last edited:

xiqfVVX.png

Aris just watched. Seeing the man in fear, he didn't like it at all. He knew just how intimidating the Jedi could be, but he didn't like this, didn't like the idea that they were using this fear to get information. He didn't want to use fear like that. Though apparently it was a type of test. He blinked slowly, glancing up towards Silas as he listened to the Knights words in his head.

It was good Silas had touched his shoulder, otherwise Aris wouldn't have known to be listening.

"Even for a lesson, you shouldn't use other people to teach it. Not like this, Master Westguard."

sYobHe8.png

M977SXg.png

Silas seemed to stay silent for a few moments after hearing Aris speak up about how he did his test. Even though it was effective, fear was not what a Jedi should use to get what he wanted. Nonetheless, the fact that the young Noble had spotted the negative in his method showed promise. Aris may not have done what Silas was pushing him to do, but he certainly found something that Silas himself was doing without intention.

"You're correct Aris, doing such a thing is not the Jedi way" The knight smiled lightly and briefly sighed out of shame "You did what I asked and I thank you for that. If you had not pointed that out I could have unknowingly done it again..."

It was not a mistake Silas should have been making as a knight.

Looking at the captured individual he finally managed to get into the pads and computer which were now fully unlocked. Almost instantly, his eyes rested on pictures and pieces of data that were sensitive to the base on Ilum "So you were spying on our operation hm?" Silas asked from behind with a raised brow. Hesitantly, the recon soldier nodded to finally confirm their suspicions.

"Aris, remember that camera you packed? I need you to start taking pictures of their setup if you can. I'm going to take him to the entrance and call in some support to begin the retrieval process. Once you're done, come find me outside"

Last edited:

xiqfVVX.png

Aris could only nod at this point. He wasn't a fan of what was going on. On what was used. He glanced to the man again. Fear. He didn't like this. He stiffened as Silas spoke to him again before he gave a small nod. He did have the camera still, so without a word he took i tout to start taking pictures. On that side it was important, he understood.

He still was vastly uncomfortable with everything else.

sYobHe8.png

M977SXg.png

"These two tried to fight us with knives. This one was a little more cooperative, take it easy on him"

Nodding to the alliance soldier they began to load them up onto the small shuttle that had come to retrieve them. More would be coming soon to figure out what had been going on here, in the meantime it was now only Aris and Silas left. Looking back into the cave Silas thought over if his training methods were too much. Sure, they were certainly effective but was it really what the force wanted him to do or something else that he didn't want to tap into further?

Either way, there was no doubt it made the Noble uncomfortable with the whole thing. If anything, both of them could learn from this whole ordeal going forward and teach them that instinct isn't always the right path to follow.

Catching a glimpse of white hair appear out of the darkness of the cave, he reached over and quietly took the camera off his hands to place it into his bag. The only thing that mattered now was Aris's mindset coming out of this "Aris, if you were in my shoes what would have you done differently?" he asked curiously while looking out into the white horizon with a focused stare.

Last edited:

xiqfVVX.png

"Found a way to teach a lesson without involving unknowing other parties to put at risk."

Aris handed over the camera as he instead looked ahead. He knew there would be some situations where there wouldn't be a choice, and that it would be important for him to learn, but this was one where another option or two was actually available. Realizing that it was just a lesson that Silas was trying to teach only made him fel more.. Annoyed.

Yes, this was what annoyed felt like. He let out a heavy sigh. He didn't like that feeling.

"I won't stay quiet, at least, if I see something like that again though."

sYobHe8.png

M977SXg.png

"Good, the day you stay quiet is the day you start losing yourself"

Silas seemed to frown slightly before taking a few steps forward. It wasn't the best lesson he had ever done, but the task he set out to do had been achieved. Not only had Aris learned something but Silas did too, one that was sure to burn away in his mind for a long time yet. Looking back slightly, the knight motioned Aris to follow him to the speeder.

"Let's start heading back, I'm sure some hot chocolate will be waiting for us on our arrival" he said with a slight smirk "If your mother or father asks about what happened and I'm sure they will, make sure to answer honestly. I want them to be proud of you for what happened today, even if it means I get into trouble." Silas was already prepared for a talking to by the pair if necessary, and it was one he was going to take on the chin like a true Jedi.

"My lesson may not be the best example, but it will prepare you for what you could face in the near future. Believe me, it happens more often than you think..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom