Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Minutes to Midnight || SO Dominion of Sullust Hex

Midnight-Oil.png

SOROSUUB CENTROPLEX
Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr Elani Zambrano Elani Zambrano Trayze Tesar Trayze Tesar Elise of House Marr Elise of House Marr Alastor Baxa Alastor Baxa

Coren nodded and turned to Miel. "Do what you can. And get to safety. The Sith have come to the Rim."

"May the Force be with you, Master Jedi."

Miel watched Starchaser go with the grim resignation of a man who knew nowhere was safe now. With a sweep of his opulent shimmersilk robes, the director withdrew from this lonely hangar back into the centroplex's heart. His office as of late more closely resembled a war room. Holographic image captures of the unrest dominated a central dais. Horrors stark enough for even a sullustan's failing vision...

Eventually, she would find herself in the main foundry area. It was entirely empty. Not a soul but that of the witch.

...distant engines thrummed as a SoroSuub gunship passed over the foundry district. It passed a spotlight over abandoned industrial towers in various states of disrepair. With no sign of movement or life the loyalists began to move on somewhere they could be of more use maintaining order...

With bold audacity that shielded him in the din of despair, the Shikkar blade was safely pocketed by the Acolyte, and he would move to the now sparsely populated foundry to ensure that whatever witchery that the Sith conducted would be protected - and perhaps observed by an increasingly impatient Trayze.

...until a revolutionary missile impacted the gunship's hull sending it into a death spiral. Its wreck impacted close enough for the acolyte to feel heat from a fire bloom. Flames just like this one began raging all across Pinyumb...

She'd had to rent a good portion of this building she was in, the top floors. That was no problem. It made it all the easier to watch.

...down on the streets below violent protests rapidly descended into civil conflict. Brothers and sisters torn apart by ideology, each fighting for freedom according to their point of view. Foundations shook in sympathy with a large explosion nearby...

Lightning to those who were able to see it quickly, had struck the building and caused a tremendous explosion. No rain...no clouds, just an eruption of the sky itself onto the building itself!​

...SoroSuub security forces now found themselves caught in a crossfire between radicals and this new interloper. Chain lightning arced through an entire squad reducing them to blackened husks. They tried to overwhelm the darksider with concentrated firepower, but they weren't trained or equpped for this kind of fighting...

"Inform Master Starchaser of a possible red saber in the capitol," Director Tevv gazed at low res footage of the burning tower while panicked distress calls crackled in overlapping cacophony, "It is time for more extreme measures. Deploy the Dragon Guard."

Relationship Status: It's Complicated

Eleventh-Hour.png
Ger.png

WEARING: xxx
TAG: Darth Strosius Darth Strosius | Drazen Lutris Drazen Lutris | Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr

Words, there were far too many of them. As it was with Sith it seemed that those gathered were attempting to posture themselves rather than prove productive. While Gerwald had expected differing viewpoints on how to go about crushing the Galactic Alliance, he did not expect to hear such defeatist opinions.

Drazen’s response to Strosius did bring a smile to Gerwald’s lips. Though Malum’s lecture made it disappear. There were matters at play which none of them could not foresee, but one thing all of them knew was the only thing which seemed to be repeated.

The Galactic Alliance was large.

“They may be large, and they may be powerful, but we are Sith,” Gerwald spoke with conviction. “It is not a matter of whether they may or may not be able to fight a multiple front war, though history has yet produced a nation to prove that to be true.”

Malum prided himself as a historian, he should have known this. What was more, he did not have any more victories under his name than Strosius whereas Gerwald had more than all of them combined.

“My plan was not a form of a plan. It was simple. What I am suggesting is that we choke their economy and starve them as we move toward them. Yes, the Trade Route provides us a clear path to Fondor, but it also is the main route for trade to Fondor, even within their influence, it will slow trade to their capitol.”

“It is foolish to think we are going to be able to strike at Fondor directly, and trying to secure the worlds we take between here and Fondor will tax our resources. What I am proposing is far simpler, and far less costly than anything mentioned thus far.”

A wolfish grin stretched on his lips.

“We raze the worlds, save Thyferra. We have a friend on Thyferra. Daegon Corvinus Daegon Corvinus , the owner of Xucphra Corporation. He holds no love for the Galactic Alliance, and can ensure a blockade on the trade route as it neighbors Fondor. Should we succeed in such an endeavor, Fondor will be ours with minimal resource costs, and the Galactic Alliance forced to fold.”

Last edited:
Call Sign: Fragile Dancer
Tag: Lord Tooka Lord Tooka

Seela narrowed her gaze as she shifted an eye towards the sensor readout projected on her HUD. Ion drive trails. Radiation pulses, gravity signatures, tachyon bursts, errant magnetic pulses, and yet more potential sensor giveaways were searched for and analyzed with all possible rigor. Unfortunately, her search had yet to turn up anything and as such, the mission seemed to be shaping up to be little more than a boring patrol. Nevertheless, the Twi’lek held back the urge to let her attention waver as she whipped her fighter around in a quick aileron roll, not out of a desire to show off, but so that the sudden rush of Gs would serve to renew her focus.

And indeed, just moments after Seela brought her machine back into level flight, something blipped on her sensors.

"Nav Point Besh reached! No readings on the sensors!"

“I have a contact!” Seela piped up, only just after Lord Tooka spoke. “Small craft-sized ion drive trail, 240° from my position. Marking contact on tacmap.” She added.

Then, a breath.

“How should we approach, my lady?”

Craft: IS-12 "Pyrolisk" Starfighter

Last edited:
Red-Sails.png

Lord Tooka was instantly alerted. "Copy that, Fragile Dancer! Squadron, disperse formation! Fly in pairs and scan the area from different angles! Stay frosty! If there is a bogey, reporting readings have priority. No fancy stunts!"

She hailed Seela: "Fragile Dancer, with me! Let's visit your contact!"

The Sephi Sith ignites the thrusters and rolled into position next to her wingwoman.
"Dare not to die on me!", she radioed on private channel, "I want you as partner at the ball!"

There, she said it! Like a human teenager with a crush! Of all moments to ask Seela out, she chose this one!
Idiot! Stupid midget idiot!, she thought.

Seela Leini Seela Leini Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner Drazen Lutris Drazen Lutris Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

Last edited:
Red-Sails.png

Seela quickly vectored towards Lord Tooka’s position and formed up on her wing before moving to approach the sensor contact. At the same time, the Twi’lek kept an instance of her attention focused on the data streaming in from her sensors. The blip was now a slow, repetitive beep, with each contact of varying strength and frequency. And yet, the pattern quickly became apparent, causing Seela’s eyes to widen with sudden realization.

A comm signature. Suddenly, Seela had a new theory.

However, just before she could have given voice to it, Lord Tooka spoke up over a private channel, causing the Twi’lek’s electro-tattooed eyebrows to elevate with apparent confusion.

“The…ball?” Seela batted her lashes, her theory briefly slipping into the back of her mind as she contemplated the Sephi’s words. “My Lady…do you mean that you wish to play…grav-ball together?” The Twi’lek questioned. Unfortunately, before she could think on it anymore, the sudden howl of a missile lock warning vibrated against her ear cones, at which point she drew a sharp intake of air before pulling on the control yoke and glancing at her sensor readout.

“Missile warning! Breaking to starboard!” Seela called out. And suddenly, a hard tugging sensation came over her entire body as she loaded her starfighter with the maximum amount of Gs that its spaceframe could pull. At the same time, chaff and flares were thrown out in the wake of her craft in an effort to throw off the hostile missile’s sensors. Failing that, the Twi’lek had one more tool at her disposal, but for fear that more missiles were coming, she dared not use it yet.

And yet, Lord Tooka’s words were swiftly recalled to the forefront of her awareness. The Sith ace had ordered her to not die.

In that regard, Seela bit her lower lip and casted an eye at her sensor readout to search for pings coming off of the incoming missile. She would do her best to follow it.

Red-Sails.png

"No, silly, a ballroom ball!", Lord Tooka replied, "Like in dancing and socializing. I hate dancing alone with a hundred eyes on me. Bad memories back to my time as a slave."

She rolled her ship into Koiogran turn by pushing the throttle forward with one hand and twisting the control stick with the other. She lost all forward momentum this way and loop-roll in another direction.
On open channel, she said: "Contact! No visuals, no sensor readings! Stealth ship!"
From her new flight vector, she opened fire on the locked missile roaring toward Fragile Dancer. The damned thing was a smart weapon, ignoring chaffs and decoys!
With her inhuman reflexes, the green plasma bolts of her rapid firing cannons unerringly found their target and let the rocket exploded.

Where did that came from?

The frail Sephi Sith lord ignored the sensor readings and reached out with the force. There was no sign of life at the ion engine trail!
"The ion trail is a decoy! They lure as into a trap! All squadron, evasive maneuver!"

Fear gripped her heart. Fear for her wingmate, fear for her comrades. If she would not be one with the force and could glimpse at the future, the enemy would take them down one by one.
But fear was the fuel to power her anger to fall for that decoy. And anger was the catalyst to ignite her fury. And fury was the power of the dark side.
She could see the missiles before they appeared out of their stealth course. She sensed them because of ...

"All squadron, attention! The enemy uses chemical propulsion for their missiles, before igniting the ion thrusters of them! Scan for chemical anomalies in your perimeters!

Seela Leini Seela Leini

Last edited:

Midnight-Oil.png

It’s rather remarkable what one can accomplish with a handful of credits and a black cloak. In the midst of a coming Sith invasion and rampant unrest, very few notice a small freighter coming to deliver seemingly innocuous materials. Containers marked as valuable durasteel and tibanna were carried off the freighter, the ongoing unrest and fear of coming invasion had rendered the starport nearly derelict, save for those seeking refuge off-world, seeking to flee into the core. Droids tended the crates, while the figure cloaked in black and concealing his face spoke with one of the few remaining customs officials, one who seemed rather suspicious of the sudden influx of materials.

“Look-… while SoroSuub certainly appreciates the business, we simply cannot take delivery of goods at the moment. If you haven’t heard, the entire planet is on the brink and-“

“No need to worry my friend, I come as an ally to Sullust and her people. My gifts will be a great asset in the coming days-“

“So you admit to smuggling weapons? For who? If you seek to aid the revolt-“

“I fear you misunderstand me. Perhaps a customs fee might smooth this over-“

“I think not. You’ll just have to wait here until corporate security arrives. Lower your cloak, why are you hiding-“

The Sullustan, so committed and loyal to his duty, had failed to save his own life. He clutched at his throat, his body lifted from the ground as the cloaked figure, acquiescing to the customs officer's orders, lowered his hood to reveal a twisted amalgamation of dead flesh and technology. In his final moments, the Sullustan glimpsed the living dead, white eyes looking into his own as his windpipe was crushed and his body slumped to the ground. This was the price of duty, loyalty to the undeserving would always lead to ruin.

The droids had paused, several crowding around the revealed Darth Nefaron as he raised his cloak once again over his head. The Sith paused momentarily as he took in the corpse at his feat.

“Clean this up. Continue unloading the crates and ensure their contents reach their destinations. Habitation blocks, gather places, wherever the people of this world congregate.”

The droids responded in binary as they carried out the given commands. One began to drag the body back to the freighter as Nefaron reached for the handheld holoprojector on his hip. This day had been long in the planning, a scheme that had taken much time to ensure would come to fruition. Much of Nefaron’s time and labor has been sunk into what was about to happen on this world, but he already reveled in the coming devastation. Yes of course the Sith would have this world, that was not in doubt, but the schemes of fellow Dark Lords is why Darth Nefaron personally involved himself, going so far as to be on the world before the invasion even began.

The holoprojector came to life, and the red-tinged image of Nefarons long-time ally appeared as they spoke of what was to come.

“Preparations are underway, Lord Xeykard. My toxin canisters are even as we speak being transported into the heart of the revolt's territory. Long have we waited for this, my friend, the first blow in our true war.”

A cruel smile came to the Corpse Lord's lips before he continued:

“Today, the humiliation of Darth Malum and the House of Marr begins. He shall fall, and you shall rise.”

Midnight-Oil.png
RZ2eLqC.png

"I can hear them. Every one of them. Such sorrow. Such fear. Such anger. We will save them, mother. We will save them all."

The witch's chest expanded as she breathed in deeply. After exhaling, she crossed her arms in front of her chest and formed two hand signs. She whispered incantations beneath her breath.

Her magic was slowly coming alive in those she touched earlier. Their minds slowly began to betray them. What they desired was being overwritten as the witch's enchantment was taking hold. One by one, the rioters she enchanted stopped what they were doing, became more docile. Almost doll-like, they were. Once the enchantment had fully taken hold, the enchanted rioters walked towards the factory in which the witch was casting her spell. Others would try to stop their family, friends, and co-workers from abandoning the protests, but to no avail.

"This will get their attention.."

It was a simple spell. Made even simpler by the untrained minds of those she had enchanted.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge

1720556806699.png
Objective: Eleventh Hour
Equipment: Lightsaber, Sword, Dagger, Robes
Tags: Drazen Lutris Drazen Lutris / Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner / Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr

"Last I checked I wasn't in a position of command in any of those conflicts, Lord Lutris, rather I had to sit back and watch self-declared 'Sith' like you ruin everything." A potent mixture of mockery and venom was laced into his words, a little scoff escaping him at the sight of the rude gesture being waved at him. Childish just as expected, and yet no less infuriating. "Oh you think that you could serve me a defeat? The living embodiment of nepotism that you are?" The masked man let out a very forced laugh before slamming his fist on the edge of the railing. "Try me Lutris. I'd love nothing more than to have your flayed corpse mounted to the front of my bridge!"

Unfortunately any further arguing, and potential retribution, between the two was cut short by the late arrival of a second and far more familiar Dark Councilor. Darth Malum of House Marr entered in much the same fantastical and verbose fashion that he always did, taking center stage as it were and letting loose his own speech in regards to the situation at hand. Darth Strosius clicked his tongue and reluctantly sat back down as he listened to the Heir of Marr weave a proposition of his own to destroy the Alliance.

Admittedly he wasn't wrong in the assertion that winning the war of morale and putting Alliance forces on the backfoot by using their own straining bureaucracy against them would both be crucial in the war to come. Battles and worlds could be traded back and forth but in the end it would come down to which side was forced to submit first as neither would have too much luck simply outlasting the other. Last time it had been the Sith Empire which crumbled first, ruined inside and out and left to rot as the Alliance proclaimed their victory.

This time would be different. This time it would be the Core that was left in ruins.

Thankfully it seemed that Lord Lechner and himself had some opinions in common given his first remark in response to Malum, at least one among the Dark Council had some pride in their Order. Even it was misplaced given their current leadership. "I'm tempted to agree with you Councilor Lechner, however I must question the matter of Thyferra. Relying on elements and individuals beyond our control is risky, bordering on foolishness, and there is hardly a guarantee that this Xucphra Corporation could offer us any real aid even if they would."

He sat up tall in his seat as he spoke up again, his gaze shifting as he moved from responding to instead propositioning the wider assembled Sith. "Darth Malum raises a great point that the Alliance seeks to protect the Core worlds and their well off populace, so let us use that to our advantage. If we can focus some efforts on the downtrodden of the Mid and Outer Rim alike, to coax them into action and into our ranks, then we can expand our forces with the poor and enslaved of the galaxy. They will help us sweep through the worlds of the Alliance in a tide of vengeance and slaughter, pilfering them for all their worth in order to fuel our economy if that is indeed a concern. Let us make common cause where we can so that the Jedi can be torn down by their foes and failed alike."

Objective 1: Midnight oil:
Location: Headed into the factory of Elani Zambrano Elani Zambrano
Goals: Observe for now.
Tags: Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr Trayze Tesar Trayze Tesar Elani Zambrano Elani Zambrano Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser Miel Tevv Miel Tevv Darth Nefaron Darth Nefaron

Some new problem was showing itself, Alastor Baxa Alastor Baxa . She wasn't even entirely sure what the results of his actions would truly be just yet. But she chose not to directly intervene, not yet at least. He might end up overdoing things but for now, best to let him be. Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser was getting involved as well. He could prove problematic, but, even if he was. She wasn't sure intervening would really help things. Especially if he proved too difficult to take care of without her using a lightsaber. She was capable, certainly. But she didn't know this one. She didn't want to risk unnecessary revelations.

She gripped the windowseal carefully as the grounds shook from the chaos. No, she didn't need to be involved yet. Let those people fight, maybe this figure ( Alastor Baxa Alastor Baxa ) could take attention of the jedi ( Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser ) and keep things evened out. For now. Then she noticed something strange, people were stopping, moving as if none of this havoc was occuring around them. She narrowed her eyes as she reached out, carefully, trying not to reveal herself in the force. No...no there was definitely something going on here. Mind tricks, illussions, mind control perhaps even. She didn't know who was doing it, ( Elani Zambrano Elani Zambrano ), but she felt it necessary to find out.

Elise made her way back outside, keeping to the shadows or the busiest, just using the chaos to get around and avoid being fully caught up in it. She watched as some made it to some factory. Fine then, that's where she was heading too. Still wraped in leather and cloth over her armor, she climbed into one of the higher areas of the outside of the building, and forced her way through a window, looking down to try and figure out what was going on. And feel for what may be causing all this.

Note: Presence in the force is currently reduced to remain hidden.

Personal equipment:
Draika iv misina (Lava lightsaber)
Red lightsaber with sturdy hilt (both sabers are hidden)
Big Iron
tidefall vibroblade
Berserkers Hinderance wrapped heavily in leather and cloth to hide what it really looks like.
Datapad

Accompaniment (off world. Kept on call in a short jumps distance in otherwise empty space.):
shikkar-class-assault-corvette with docked Caedus Class superiority fighter squadron
3 Gunships

Red-Sails.png

Seela blinked, but she did not have the opportunity to respond any further to Lord Tooka’s request. An event with formal dancing and socializing? That was a ball? The thought went in and out of the Twi’lek’s head as the missile lock warning continued to howl against her ear cones, before it suddenly and mercifully went silent.

And with it, came a sudden exhalation of pent-up breath.

"The ion trail is a decoy! They lure as into a trap! All squadron, evasive maneuver!"

Seela meant to thank the Sith ace, but instead, she brought her breathing back in check and pulled on the control yoke to yank her fighter into another hard break turn. All the while, the Twi’lek dialed in settings on her sensors to scan for chemical traces and magnetic signatures. Then, features narrowed in concentration, Seela pored over her sensor readout. Something was out there, and she intended to find it.

And yet, in spite of concealed stealth ships and the missiles fired from who knows where, the thought of the ball came rushing back to the forefront of Seela's mind.

What in the name of the Father was she going to wear?

Red-Sails.png

Lord Tooka let her mind wander through the Force. Something was not right here. She should have felt more clear the murderous intention in the Dark Side. At least if the ship that fired the rockets was in any proximity. And any proximity meant for a trained Sith Knight thousands of miles. It could be an automated enemy ship, but the truth was even more simple. Another decoy to keep the interceptors busy!

"It is another trap! Squadron stay back! Fragile dancer and I are in a hot zone! Keep scanning at long range! Short range is a trap! Careful, Fragile Dancer!"

The Force let her see split seconds into the future. Enough to make an evasion, before the dormant mines around the two fighters activated and began firing. Ion cannons who randomly shot into the area and magnetic explosives who would destroy ships made helpless by the ion mines.

Lor Tooka rerouted the energy into the lasers and unlinked them to spray her attacks wider.
Ion mines near Seela exploded, before they could endanger the surprised Twilek.

Seela Leini Seela Leini

wSLXgxs.png
QXTBWNB.png

Rise was perhaps not the proper word for what Xeykard would be doing. He preferred escalate.

With a devastating crack the fleet arrived out of hyperspace, barely outside of Sullust's gravity well. His command was nothing so great as the Dark Lord's or the Emperor's, but the power of the Order was at his back, even if it was a mere sliver of it. Two dozen Star Destroyers and a hundred other ships made a formidable force.

The Sullustans had been right to overwork their populace; in the face of the Sith, there was no other course of action that would allow them to survive. But they had not worked hard enough. Not a world in the galaxy could stand against them, if they so chose it. The Alliance was still far off, and their armadas massed for a different threat. Here, even a single Sith could mass enough strength to overwhelm a world.

Xeykard had always had a military mind. He was under no illusions of what they faced -- the massed Sullustan Home Guard, their orbital and surface defenses, their security forces and the deadly Dragon Guard. Under normal circumstances his approach would be careful, a delicately planned campaign dissecting each part of Sullust's defenses. But he was less here for Sullust itself and more for what it meant.

All this slinking through the shadows, these allies made, betrayals and subterfuge; some would say it was the way of the Sith. Those things had their place. But in the galaxy as a whole, only one thing brought worlds into the fold, kept them in line: overwhelming violence.

There was only one path forward for them. Conquest would take them to their true victory.

The forces mustered were impressive, his own legion with auxiliaries and other units attached, brought on from his previous campaign or through his or Nefaron's influence. The many ships of his fleet spat transports and starfighters, and they descended upon the world. Chaos was already erupting on the world, but soon there were fires across Pinyumb, bombardments and landings of legionnaires beginning the Sith's claiming of this world properly. In orbit, the stars seemed to dim, as the light of turbolaser fire lit up the void all about.

"Do as has been planned," he said simply to Nefaron. The Sullustans' hope would be crushed, and properly, as he brought unparalleled violence to their world.

Red-Sails.png

While Seela had no such gifts of the Force or precognition, even within the dense minefield, she was not bereft of perception. Her implants kicked into overdrive, accelerating her reactions to attoseconds and allowing her to focus on multiple tasks at once. Suddenly, her perception was slow motion, allowing the Twi’lek to spot the ion mines in her path and fly a course around them, dancing, diving, rolling, and yawing her machine through the hazardous gauntlet as she did.

Eventually, Seela reached the end of the minefield, at which point she yawed her starfighter around 180° and locked onto a number of mines. Then, with a coordinated salvo of ultra-surgical electrical blasts fired from her ion cannons, she shot down seven mines in quick succession, each mine detonating with a small explosion as it was struck. From there, the Twi’lek whipped her machine back around to resume normal flight, a short breath escaping from her lips as she did.

“Seven mines destroyed!” Seela called out over comms, her tone carrying a small note of relief. And yet, the Twi’lek knew that there were still other questions, which had yet to be answered.

Who had set the mines in the first place?

As if on cue, a large signature exploded in her sensors, immediately drawing Seela’s gaze to a corvette just as it jumped out of the system. For her part, the Twi’lek was almost completely certain—if this mission had any target, that was it.

“Drawing in on the energy trail, my lady!” Seela said. “If we’re fast enough, we might be able to skip after it!”

Red-Sails.png

"Confirmed!" Lord Tooka was evaluating in split seconds the situation. It was high priority to find out who was behind this stealth ships.
She decided to take the risk.
"Squadron stand by and secure the perimeter! Fragile Dancer and I chase the bogey."
As she spoke, she already synchronized her craft with the ship of Seela.

Both fighters skipped into the trail of the elusive enemy and indeed a series of mircrojumps only the best pilots could hope to perform later they were still on the track.

"Corvette on screen", the fallen Sephi read the sensors. "No, that is not a corvette! Is this a gunship?"

She got a clear sensor and missile lock and visuals on the enemy. A sleek dangerous locking ship of unknown type. She could barely make out the outlines. Some kind of stealth coating. But there it was!

Almost, as if it was waiting for them ... playing the bait ...
All supernatural senses cried out in Lord Tooka's brain. Instinctively, she accelerated and prepared an emergency jump, dragging the surprised Twilek with her.
Not one second too early!

From many angles, a squadron of identical ships were for one second visible as ion blasts and laser plasma hit the spot the two fighters were a moment ago.
And the massive shadow of a big carrier was to been seen nearby without any sensor readings, before they made the jump to lightspeed and the safety of the hyperspace.
Not before the tug of a tractor beam glanced them and ripped parts of their hull plating from their superstructures as they narrowly escaped.

"Well, that was unexpected"
, Lord Tooka said dryly, hiding her terror behind Sephi etiquette.

Seela Leini Seela Leini

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom