Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction [NJO/JJE] A Song of Selvaris | Jedi Enclave on Selvaris

K4KT4QA.jpeg

A Song of Selvaris: Obj. I - Enclaves for Dummies

Tags: Sazo Vass Sazo Vass

As she searched for a project to take on, she was met with more greetings and even more questions. Jedi after Jedi introduced themselves until she had made the acquaintance of a Jedi she thought was more myth than man, the Jedi Master Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor . She watched the big and burly man approach. He was so large, he made even the towering woman that Ran was look lithe. She noted his charity as the master offered his advice, shelter, and material. It was welcome, all of it. He inquired whether Ran needed anything else. She didn’t. All that he volunteered was already worth so much. She thanked him and was grateful to make the connection as he went on his way. And just as he made his exit, a familiar face made their entrance.

Ran smiled as her student regarded her. Sazo and her pet Akk Dog, Jiub, were always a welcome sight. “Thank you for the hard work, my padawan.” Ran plucked a ripe fruit from one of the baskets on the Akk Dog’s back and took a big bite. >>Thank you too, Jiub.<< Ran said with a clumsy tongue in Korunnal. She had only recently begun learning different simple phrases in the spare moments she had with Sazo, and even in some moments without her student. Ran found it an interesting and blunt language, but capable of much beauty, at least in her perspective.

“And there is something you can help me with.” Ran said, taking another bite of the sweet, half-eaten, and vibrantly colored fruit. “Follow me.” The knight gestured, grabbed two empty jugs and asked Sazo to grab one as well. The pair were on their way to fetch more water for the contingent. It was a simple job, but one that Ran placed a high value on, especially on Selvaris. “So Sazo,” Ran broke her silence as the pair marched together along the nearby river. “How are you faring?” Ran asked although she wasn't finished speaking. “Much has changed in a short time and I sense even more change to come,” She added. “We are in a new era of intergalactic war, and I know you are no stranger to the consequences of war but I’d be remiss if I didn’t warn you of the toll it takes on a Jedi. So before we are unable to, I’d like to check in and ask you again how you're faring in this moment and how you are faring after Coruscant.” She smiled to break up the heaviness and vastness of the question she was asking. “So again. How are you faring?”

Ran stopped speaking, she had noticed a lightness in Sazo’s energy since coming to Selvaris, but still she needed to gain some insight into what the young woman thought of the galaxy at large, and their role in it. She had given Sazo a chance to speak her mind, maybe get something off of her chest that had been weighing on her. Ran also didn’t need her to say a thing, if she didn’t want to. She just wanted to check in on her padawan. To make sure the young woman was okay, and could face the future bravely.

Ran submerged the earthen jug and let it fill before pulling it out and repeating the process.

wjujCZT.png
OBJ II

Corazona, right?
That’s a nice, uhh, nysillin, you have there,

Cora raised her head from the datapad, craning her neck upward upon the approach of Aymeric Prendergast Aymeric Prendergast as he greeted her. A fellow Jedi - one whose presence she faintly recognized, but could not place a name to his face.

"It is," she affirmed. A brief pause as he shifted his attention toward the plants. Cora caressed the oblong bud, smiling from the corner of her mouth, "and it is."

Her fingers fell away from the plant as she rose. The Knight took another step back, and raised the datapad so that she could snap a picture of the small crop as a whole.

"It could be better, though. The stalks aren't very tall for the stage they're at - the darker buds are older. They'll be more potent once cultivated by an experienced hand."

Turning away from the flora, Cora focused her attention on the gentleman who'd joined her.

"I'm sorry," she apologized with a faintly sheepish smile, "I don't think we've met before, have we?"
Dc6pDtW.png

K5nBXco.jpg

|| WILDLIFE ROUNDUP ||

~seek within what you thought was outside~

OUTFIT: Cal Kestis’ Bomber Outfit
COLOR CODE: Aymeric Prendergast - 778ba5
OBJECTIVE: make yourself useful
TAG: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

SELVARIS

Colour for the age, height for, well, development level. Gotcha.

Unfortunately I’m not one known for green fingers. Though I’m quite familiar with basic agritech,

That was a useful skill to have when you live in an urban sprawl like Coruscant. There are complexities in growing plants in such inhibitions, and with that the demand for affordable greenhouse installation and whatnot. It made me occasional extra cash back in the day.

Though I’m not sure anything like that would be needed here in Selvaris. The planet is lush and fertile, and looking at how Corazona handled those plants, seemingly with sincere care, they are probably already in good hand.

In the midst of my thoughts, I joined the Jedi Knight at her left-hand side as she stepped back from the crop of nysillin, watching closely at the details of the plant she mentioned before.

Aymeric, Jedi Knight. I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re not familiar, I spent most of my times away from the Temple,

I answered her question and sheepish smile with a sincere one.

Though I was there briefly at your Knighting Ceremony. How’s things been since then, if you don’t mind me asking?” a small smirk rose from the right corner of my lips, as memories from that period of time slipped into my mind.

It’s crazy how much things have changed in a mere year.

C1Ww1cW.png

Last edited:
in the footsteps of a stranger

OBJECTIVE: III
BvwQN4I.png
When they reached the stream, Efret instinctively stood back from it. The religious habit was hard to avoid falling into even though she wanted to break it and had for years. It was superstition which drew off the science of a rare geologic hazard, but a superstition nonetheless. The fear that all bodies of water held back angry earthbound spirits didn't serve her.

". . . Care to name the stream?"

Still, she loved a majority of her Lorrdian subculture, which was why her suggestion came intuitively. "Jadzi's Pulse." She smiled at Shai, then Zaiya joining them caught her attention. She watched the padawan's lips as she spoke.

"Master Farr, Knight Moss, what would you like us to set up first?"

There were so many things to do to set up their base camp but she knew what she thought their first order of business ought to be. "I suggest the tents and a fire," she said before glancing at the knight. "What do you think?"

Other options were the tables for map drafting and mealtime, the cooking gear, and the inflatable canoe.

K4KT4QA.jpeg

Ran smiled as her student regarded her. Sazo and her pet Akk Dog, Jiub, were always a welcome sight. "Thank you for the hard work, my padawan." Ran plucked a ripe fruit from one of the baskets on the Akk Dog's back and took a big bite. >>Thank you too, Jiub.<< Ran said with a clumsy tongue in Korunnal. She had only recently begun learning different simple phrases in the spare moments she had with Sazo, and even in some moments without her student. Ran found it an interesting and blunt language, but capable of much beauty, at least in her perspective.

"Of course, Master", Sazo responded, smiling demurely and inclining her head. Her smiled widened as Ran thanked Jiub as well. "Your accent is getting better", she complimented.

"And there is something you can help me with." Ran said, taking another bite of the sweet, half-eaten, and vibrantly colored fruit. "Follow me." The knight gestured, grabbed two empty jugs and asked Sazo to grab one as well. The pair were on their way to fetch more water for the contingent. It was a simple job, but one that Ran placed a high value on, especially on Selvaris.

Sazo nodded wordlessly, hastily rolling up her pants up to her knees, grabbing a jug and following her Master, with Jiub trotting not too far behind them.
"So Sazo," Ran broke her silence as the pair marched together along the nearby river. "How are you faring?" Ran asked although she wasn't finished speaking. "Much has changed in a short time and I sense even more change to come," She added. "We are in a new era of intergalactic war, and I know you are no stranger to the consequences of war but I'd be remiss if I didn't warn you of the toll it takes on a Jedi. So before we are unable to, I'd like to check in and ask you again how you're faring in this moment and how you are faring after Coruscant." She smiled to break up the heaviness and vastness of the question she was asking. "So again. How are you faring?"

A pause.

"More of the same, but a lot more different", the Korun youth finally responded, hands behind her head as she redirected her eyes from the sky, to Ran. "I grew up in the last gasps of a fading Confederacy. It was...violent. People I know died. People who didn't deserve it suffered. But now...now I'm an active participant in this war, with responsibilities. And it's been taxing, especially", Sazo trailed off. She began filling her jug with water, before starting over again.

"...Especially after Coruscant. I surprised myself because everyone talks about what they'd do if this happened, or that happened. I...didn't realize that I would do any of that, until I saw that man die. I didn't realize I could get so angry until I got that angry."

"But I like Selvaris. It's...less busy than the Core. Less hectic. More communal. It's easy to center yourself, to commune. I didn't realize how much war had been around me- how it shaped me- until I came here, and...it's been so quiet. And that's nice. I'm still learning what it really means to be a Jedi, but I think that being prepared to fight is just one part of it."

Ran Serys Ran Serys

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

OBJECTIVE III
Outfit: x x x x x | Equipment: x x x x x | Weapons: x x x
Interacting with: Efret Farr Efret Farr | Shai Moss Shai Moss | Aris Noble Aris Noble

"I suggest the tents and a fire,"

The translator would relay Master Farr's recommendations, and Zaiya gave a nod, expression brightening in a flurry of joyful color tones and hues.

"Okay, I can do that!" Zaiya replied, getting a bit too overexcited that she forgot that Efret needed to read her lips to understand what she was trying to say properly. The sixteen-year-old gave a flounce of energy, determined to put all in getting things set up properly and focus on what they were supposed to do here. It was important work!

Aris was already setting up the recorder by the time Zaiya came to a stop beside him. Due to his superior strength, he'd been tasked to carry the bulk of the gear. She got to work on the bindings holding the tents together. With a brief glance over to the Epicanthix, she flashed him a brief smile, although it seemed he was focused on getting his own task done. Right, that was the correct thing to do.

A flustered rustle of emotions painted a curious blend of rippling hues over her skin, and Zaiya bit her lower lip. The fluttery feelings tickled her stomach again. This was getting all confusing. It's okay, one step at a time, Zaiya told her self, doing her best to talk herself into setting up the tents first. The fire could come next.

"I can go collect some firewood after this."
Told herself, plus it gave her some time to wrangle her thoughts back into play. Glancing around, she gave another smile, cheering up at the view. Selvaris was so very pretty.
qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

xiqfVVX.png

Aris focused. There was something with electronics that helped him drown out the other sounds around him. The heartbeats of his fellow Jedi, the scents and sounds hundreds of feat away from them of the world. The hum of electricity was just, good at helping him from being overwhelmed. As did the sonic dampeners Zaiya gave him. They were still there, attached behind his ears to help keep him from being over stimulated.

So he was setting up the map table, the electronics behind it to record it all, the scanner. He just needed something to keep his hands busy for the time being as he smiled.

This was going to be a good day.

Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti | Efret Farr Efret Farr | Shai Moss Shai Moss

HAIuSyi.png

Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Double-Bladed Lightsaber

"Feel free to join us," Valery agreed before she dusted herself off and looked around again. The Dark Side was strong in this area, but with its inherent ability to cloud the senses of Force Users, it wasn't always easy to pinpoint exact locations. To make matters more difficult, Valery wasn't sure what kind of Sithspawn was out there either. If she knew, she could have predicted a location based on their habits.

Years of hunting Sithspawn had made her an expert at finding and neutralizing them.

"Come on, this way." Turning away, Valery continued her journey through the jungle with the others beside her. The vegetation was dense, so every step came with effort, but it didn't too long before they'd be able to see a clearing through the trees. It lingered near a huge rock formation that only had narrow paths to get through or around it.

"Does your map say anything about this place?" Valery asked Mia.

wjujCZT.png
OBJ II

"Aymeric," Cora repeated his name, eyes drifting upward in thought. There was a faint thread of familiarity, but she couldn't place him.

Which made it doubly embarrassing that he'd been present at her knighting. She flushed briefly, sheepish again. "I see."

Cora took a moment to finish typing up her notes on the nysillin before entering it into the compendium. Her eyes wandered to a crop of green just beyond the grove.

"I've been well. After my knighting, I spent much of my time helping to rebuild Ukatis."

The Mandalorian Enclave's attack on her homeworld left the capital in ruins, but the galaxy had been charitable when it came to aid. Her own status as an exile made it that much more complicated, but the crown seemed to begrudgingly accept that she'd defied their ruling for now.

Waving her hand, Cora bid Aymeric to follow her. There were more plants to catalogue, after all.

"What about you? I take it you have a green thumb?"

Aymeric Prendergast Aymeric Prendergast

Dc6pDtW.png

K5nBXco.jpg

|| WILDLIFE ROUNDUP ||

SELVARIS

Ukatis. The war with the Enclave. I was never involved in that conflict, but I know some people who have, and the horror that it brought to people in this Alliance.

I’ve heard about Ukatis, they are lucky to have you.

The devotion of the scorned princess for her home is truly remarkable. I’ve heard of what they have done to her, and yet she still puts her all to help the people who have abandoned her. Given the chance, would I have spent such amount of time for Coruscant, leaving all the childhood trauma behind? I’m not sure I’m capable of that.

Following her gestures, I followed behind and looked ahead to see different patches of plants.

This is a refreshing sight after so long in Mygeeto,” I commented, taking in all the green, lush landscape, sounds of water, and fresh air. It’s an environment I don’t get the chance to spend a lot of my time in, and it clearly impact my proficiency, or the lack of, in the field of flora and fauna.

And that’s when she asked the question.

To be honest, not really,” I admit to her, a slightly embarrassed grin forming on my face as we walked towards the crop just beyond the grove.

But I'd like to think of myself as a fast learner."

C1Ww1cW.png

Let's get moving; it could just as well be hunting us, and we don't want to make that easy by standing around.

"It?" Mia repeated, her voice tightening. She glanced behind her, then quickly followed after them. The foliage had a taken on a sudden, ominous quality. Maybe it was just the energy they were breathing into the air. They seemed quite tense.

Mia's posture tightened as they walked.

"Does your map say anything about this place?" Valery asked Mia.

Her eyes snapped to the west, where the sounds of a bubbling stream made its way muffled through the trees. "Well I don't know about any sith spawn nest, but it's unmapped this way," she guided, pointing to the east. The narrow, rocky clearing Valery had spotted laid at the end of her finger.

"You don't happen to ah...have an extra... knife?" She asked Rik, wringing her fingers around her canvas straps.

Valery Noble Valery Noble Rik Perris Rik Perris

Last edited:

K4KT4QA.jpeg

"More of the same, but a lot more different", the Korun youth finally responded, hands behind her head as she redirected her eyes from the sky, to Ran. "I grew up in the last gasps of a fading Confederacy. It was...violent. People I know died. People who didn't deserve it suffered. But now...now I'm an active participant in this war, with responsibilities. And it's been taxing, especially", Sazo trailed off. She began filling her jug with water, before starting over again.

"...Especially after Coruscant. I surprised myself because everyone talks about what they'd do if this happened, or that happened. I...didn't realize that I would do any of that, until I saw that man die. I didn't realize I could get so angry until I got that angry."

Ran watched her padawan's face as she spoke. She thought the teenager was wise beyond her years. Wise enough to know herself, at least. Ran felt fortunate to have met her and proud to have made the choice to take her as her pupil. It felt like the right choice. As Sazo shared her truth, Ran could see how great of a Jedi Knight and being Sazo could become. In that moment, she wasn't worried about Sazo's anger.

"Injustice is hard to ignore when one has the power to do something about it. A Jedi who can react without a hint of anger is a rare one. The important thing is to not let that anger affect your actions in the force." Ran advised. "I make the distinction between reaction and action. Other people react. Their movements, their words, their feelings are dictated by the events and people around them." She explained. "We, You and I, we do not react." Ran gestured between herself and Sazo, and even included Jiub. "We act. We make the choice. Our movements, our words, our feelings are a choice, and our choices are informed by our convictions, our codes, and oftentimes, I find, the force. They are not clouded by anger and reaction. They are colored in what we believe is right." Ran continued passionately to her padawan.

"But I like Selvaris. It's...less busy than the Core. Less hectic. More communal. It's easy to center yourself, to commune. I didn't realize how much war had been around me- how it shaped me- until I came here, and...it's been so quiet. And that's nice. I'm still learning what it really means to be a Jedi, but I think that being prepared to fight is just one part of it."

"I'm glad you like it here, Sazo. I feel the same about this planet. It's why I'm starting this enclave here. I want the Jedi to have an escape, a remote and hidden place where they can have a simpler life, devoted to the force, the culture of the Jedi, and themselves." Ran meant it. The force had shown her a vision of the future of this planet and the enclave. She'd be key in its development, but she couldn't do it alone.

"I was hoping, as my padawan, that you would make Selvaris your permanent home and help me in this endeavor. We would train together, build the enclave from the ground up along with a few friends and colleagues, and cultivate a future for the Jedi on this planet. What do you say, Sazo? If it helps your decision, I believe this experience will show you what it truly means to be a Jedi, and that you're right in thinking that being prepared to fight is just one part of it. We will see all the other parts together and you will become a fine Jedi Knight. I see it." Ran smiled at her padawan who she was beginning to consider a friend.

wjujCZT.png
OBJ II

"Lucky?"

Cora blinked, caught off guard. Her situation with Ukatis hadn't been kept under the tightest of wraps, the official story being that she'd left home after her husband's death to convalesce elsewhere. It made sense that as one of their own, the Order would be a little more tuned in to the truth. Or, at the very least, the fact that she'd been expelled from her homeland.

She tried not to think about it too hard. Her shoulders rose and fell in a soft shrug. "I am just glad that I was in a position to help."

There was something weak about her response, but she brushed past it as they made for the cluster of green plants.

"Chasuka." She declared, brushing a hand against a long, rigged leaf. A common vegetable most places in the galaxy, it too grew well in temperate environments. "It looks darker and smaller when it's cooked, though."

With a smile, Cora crouched among their discovery and began typing more notes into her datapad. After a few lines, she paused and looked over to Aymeric.

"Were you on Mygeeto for assignment?"

Dc6pDtW.png

K5nBXco.jpg

|| WILDLIFE ROUNDUP ||

SELVARIS

Chit. I wasn’t supposed to know the situation that she’s in? Being a Jedi Shadow, I do keep notes of what’s happening within the Order, either through observation or direct and indirect reports. It helps in preventing corruption of individuals at times, but most of the times it’s just high-level gossip, and when it comes to that, I sometimes forget which information am I supposed to officially know.

Some of us left our past in the past and never looked back after joining the Order, whatever their justification is,” I am one of them. Besides the annual visit to that place, Coruscant underworld was just it to me, a past I desperately tried to distance myself from. “I am not judging them, but you put the extra miles to help your people, despite of everything. I think that makes you a good person.” I smiled at Cora. Looking at her, there’s something, sorrow perhaps, in her voice, gesture, and facial expression, so I decided not to pursue the topic further and shift my focus to the crop of green in front of us. That’s unless she initiated the conversation.

Chasuka, hmm. I never thought that it would look like this in the wild. Bright green, long, and rigged, I put that on my notes after stealing a glance at Cora, who was also glued to her datapad. That’s before she broke the silence between us.

Mhmm, I was there for roughly four months. An investigation led me there,” I told her, without divulging too much details. She might be a brethren, but us Shadows usually keep the details of our mission vague. “Cold, windy, dry, nothing like this. I even caught a fever when I was there, not recommended at all.” I added with a much lighter tone, almost feeling a smirk rising on my face.

C1Ww1cW.png

wjujCZT.png
Cora studied Amyeric's face as he spoke. She tried to gauge how much he knew - which was difficult when they were both speaking so vaguely about the subject at hand.

His encouraging words stood out above the unpleasant topic of their conversation. A genuinely appreciative smile worked its way onto her face.

Right - she was reminded - not everyone had a sterling past before coming to the Order.

She'd hazard to guess that Aymeric probably had a few black marks on his past, from the way he spoke.

"I suppose that's what we do, isn't it? Help those in need, regardless of our own feelings."

Cora reached into one of her pockets and produced a pair of shears. She clipped one of the chasuka plants at its stem.

"That sounds dreadful. I've never been to Mygeeto - and to have a fever, of all things."

As she placed the chasuka cutting inside her sachet, Cora frowned. Her hand rummaged through the bag, resurfacing with one of the long red buds they'd been studying earlier.

"Nysillin is hardy. It can even grow in cold, windy, dry environments. If you become sick on assignment again and lack medical supplies, try and find nysillin growing somewhere. If you crush the bud and strain it into hot water, you'll make a tea that’ll help alleviate aches and pains."

Cora beckoned for Aymeric to hold out his hand, then dropped the nysillin sample in his palm.

"It's a common remedy back on Ukatis. Healthcare isn't widespread, so folk medicine is rather popular."

It was something she'd only learned after traveling the countryside.

Dc6pDtW.png

VVVDHjr.png
BYOO - IN THE BUSH
SELVARIS

The anxious way Mia’s voice tightened and how her posture followed suit, stiffening beside him in response to his urging, caught Rik’s attention as he unsheathed a machete, making him give her a brief downward glance as he joined in clearing them a path as they continued to progress through the bush.

It was forcing him to make an assumption, when coupled with the balance of their short interaction so far. He looked over her head at Valery, then went back to observing the wilderness and cutting their way forward

[ Alright, then. ]

Keeping an eye out for each other was a given, but the hope was that her unease wouldn't become a problem.

When the three of them stopped near a clearing and Valery asked about the area, he looked to where Mia pointed, while he took into account the stream he also heard lapping away in the opposite direction.

"Watch out for wildlife coming through this area," he advised, "they'll be drawn to that stream."

Chances were that their quarry might know that too, and if it was hungry...

"You don't happen to ah...have an extra... knife?"

Rik turned to Mia, glancing down at her hands wringing hard on the strap of her bag, then tracked back up to her face. He slipped a hand over the butt of another knife sheathed on his belt next to his lightsaber, that wasn't as suited to clearing vegetation and much smaller than his machete, but no less useful. His brows raised in very, very mild surprise. He wasn't gonna judge.

He unsheathed the knife and flipped it over with a short flick that he'd done countless times, to grasp the hooked tip with a couple fingers and a thumb and present it to Mia. It was serrated along the edge that the hook pointed towards, while along the opposite edge it was smooth, sharp and still came to a point where the curve of the hook on most knives of this type would be rounded.

"I suggest you get yourself something similar if you're going to be spending much time in places like this," he said, while temporarily sheathing the machete so he could unclip the sheath of this knife from himself, "and survival training; getting lost or stranded is a matter of when, not if."

Last edited:

HAIuSyi.png

Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Double-Bladed Lightsaber

Valery had made the same observation and briefly met Rik's gaze. Mia seemed uneasy, either because of this being her first mission in a place like this, or perhaps because of the dangers ahead. But she had chosen to join the group, knowing that these Jungles weren't exactly welcoming.

Valery hoped that her uneasiness wouldn't hamper her ability to work.

While Rik offered Mia one of his extra knives, Valery stepped forward to look at the unmapped area of her map. Of course, the one place where they'd meet this beast would be unmapped. It was possible the maps just lacked detail — mapping an entire jungle wasn't exactly easy — or this beast was extremely intelligent.

She doubted the latter.

"Look," Valery said as soon as they reached the narrow rocky clearing, "Claw marks." They looked familiar to her as well. This beast's claw consisted of two massive nails on each of its 4 limbs.

To make matters worse, the smell of rotting flesh reached her nose, drawing her eyes to the corpse of a large animal that was split in half and partially devoured.

K5nBXco.jpg

|| WILDLIFE ROUNDUP ||

SELVARIS

I just hummed at what Cora said regarding trying to help everyone regardless of the circumstances. It’s true, it’s something that as a Jedi we ideally adhere to. I wouldn’t reject a mission to help those in Coruscant lower-levels after all, even though the opportunity never really came. But it just feels different. I never proactively asked for one, even when I know that they need it, especially after Dark Empire’s attack.

Sometimes I wonder if how I feel makes me a bad person, a less than ideal Jedi Knight. Maybe one day I will find the guts to have an honest conversation with myself and my scarred past.

We continued with our observation of the chasuka, before she threw a remark on how horrible it must be to have a fever in Mygeeto.

Then she handed me a nysillin from her bag as she explained its medical use, something she learn from Ukatis countryside. That’s a very nice gesture, I thought as I smiled at her.

Crush the bud and strain it into hot water. Got it.” I repeated her instruction as I shoved one of my hand inside my bag, pulling out a small but sophisticated tumbler, reheating the water inside just by pressing a button.

Maybe it’ll help with my neck, I didn’t sleep too well last night. Thanks Cora,

The question is when have I ever, but I digress.

While preparing the nysilin tea on the go, I asked her a question that popped into my mind earlier when she said that she’s never been to Mygeeto, just to keep the conversation going.

What’s the coldest planet you’ve been to? I was in Odacer-Faustin around a year ago, it was even worse than Mygeeto.

C1Ww1cW.png

K4KT4QA.jpeg

Tags: Ran Serys Ran Serys

"Injustice is hard to ignore when one has the power to do something about it. A Jedi who can react without a hint of anger is a rare one. The important thing is to not let that anger affect your actions in the force." Ran advised. "I make the distinction between reaction and action. Other people react. Their movements, their words, their feelings are dictated by the events and people around them." She explained. "We, You and I, we do not react." Ran gestured between herself and Sazo, and even included Jiub. "We act. We make the choice. Our movements, our words, our feelings are a choice, and our choices are informed by our convictions, our codes, and oftentimes, I find, the force. They are not clouded by anger and reaction. They are colored in what we believe is right." Ran continued passionately to her padawan.

Sazo hmmed thoughtfully, quirking a brow at Jiub as the akk dog jumped in the stream with a joyful yelp.

"Thank you, Master. I...have long not had the words to articulate that. But I also felt that...that we have to choose and act. Jedi. Politicians. Military. All of us."

"I'm glad you like it here, Sazo. I feel the same about this planet. It's why I'm starting this enclave here. I want the Jedi to have an escape, a remote and hidden place where they can have a simpler life, devoted to the force, the culture of the Jedi, and themselves." Ran meant it. The force had shown her a vision of the future of this planet and the enclave. She'd be key in its development, but she couldn't do it alone.

"I was hoping, as my padawan, that you would make Selvaris your permanent home and help me in this endeavor. We would train together, build the enclave from the ground up along with a few friends and colleagues, and cultivate a future for the Jedi on this planet. What do you say, Sazo? If it helps your decision, I believe this experience will show you what it truly means to be a Jedi, and that you're right in thinking that being prepared to fight is just one part of it. We will see all the other parts together and you will become a fine Jedi Knight. I see it." Ran smiled at her padawan who she was beginning to consider a friend.

Sazo beamed. "I'd be hono-", she began, than trailed off as she noticed Jiub disappeared down the stream. Then, several remarkably large fish flew out of the water in rapid succession. Then, moments later, Jiub emerged from the river, dragging another giant fish out by the tail, and radiating satisfaction.

She sighed, and rolled her eyes with something resembling affection and irritation.

"I'd be honored to come to Selvaris here with you. And it looks like someone gave us more work", she noted.

Jiub studiously ignored her as he happily munched on the giant fish he dragged out of the water, as the others sat stacked over nearby.

K4KT4QA.jpeg

Ran was glad her padawan had accepted the offer to live on Selvaris together. Ran knew it'd be good for Sazo's training. Ran was also happy she wouldn't be alone in the development of the temple. "I'm honored you've chosen to take this journey with me, my padawan. I wonder how many others will choose it." Ran appreciated that so many Jedi had come to help start building the enclave, but she knew so many would also leave once they had made sufficient enough progress. Ran was trying to build a community, not a station or a getaway.

The Jedi Knight watched Jiub's naturally serrated teeth tear into the giant fish. The Akk dog seemed to beam just as much as Ran and Sazo. She was grateful to know that Jiub was also enjoying Selvaris. "You grab the fish. I'll grab the water." Ran suggested. "There are still many I need to talk and coordinate with, and it would be difficult if I smelled of a river market." She continued to Sazo, as she picked up the three massive water jugs and began the march back up to the build site.

"Don't fall behind, Sazo. Before you know it, all the water will be gone." She said of the jugs contents. Thirsty work made thirsty people and the Selvarisian Suns' rays came through the Jungle canopy with an intensity over the build site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom