Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Ocean Breeze | GA Dominion of Glee Anselm

BYOO
PpBs3gB.png

Tag: Aris Noble Aris Noble
"I hope it shows what we're after soon. This darkness is getting creepy." Her half-Keshian eyes allowed her to see much more underwater, but she didn't like it at all. The fish here looked scary, the cliffs and plants were strange, and with every passing second it became harder to see the things she already knew were down there.

Aris was blissfully unaware.

"Whatever it is, let's hope we find this key. If all of this is tied to our family, maybe this is how it's meant to be. Nobles on an adventure together again!" Vera grinned but it was all a show to hide how nervous she was. The orb, this forge, and this depth in the ocean were all troubling, as far as she was concerned.

And Mom and Dad didn't even know about it at all yet, right?

Speaking of Mom.

"You're as petty and stubborn as she is. I poke at this orb being suspicious, so you poke at something even though it makes no sense. Then you huff and scoff like Mom does whenever Dad calls her out on it."

Vera grinned again, this time far more genuine.

Hehe.

xiqfVVX.png

"Again, mm? We don't go on enough adventures." Truly, that was something they needed to fix. And were, at least now. He smiled, letting his expression calm. This was good. He was happy to be here with her. He was-

"You're as petty and stubborn as she is. I poke at this orb being suspicious, so you poke at something even though it makes no sense. Then you huff and scoff like Mom does whenever Dad calls her out on it."

Aris squinted. He full on narrowed his eyes at his sister and squinted. He'd of said something that likely would've been foolish or digging more of a grave if the orb didn't suddenly float up from his hands. It hovered in front of him, shining brightly. Before them, from nothing, a door opened. What was invisible came to light before them, making the droid pilot screech in alarm before coming to halt before it. The ancient door unraveled itself, the spiral of metal that made up the circular lock opening as if a maw to accept them into a darkness that not even Vera's eyes could see through.

The Force was the only explanation. And it was strong here.

".. Well. Shall we go on this adventure, then, my dear sister who I love soooo much and won't be telling mom about what you said?"

Vera Noble Vera Noble

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

OBJECTIVE ONE / BYOOISH - Learn more about Nautolans and their methods of communication and some neat underwater Force techniques
Outfit: x x x x x | Equipment: x x x x x | Weapons: x x x
Interacting with: Open to Interaction

"Alright... just... focus on creating the bubble," Zaiya told herself, frowning in concentration. She was trying to master the Force Bubble, a crucial skill for her training as a Padawan when in an underwater enviroment - which was hard when she felt little curious nips from the tiny blue fish by her heels.

"Hey, quit it!" the Lovalla teen quipped out, but she couldn't help the dazzle of amusement of the light blue ombre highlighting her mottled spots and stripes over her rosy golden skin.

The Rodian Padawan near her glanced at Zaiya in confusion and Zaiya sent a small apology. "Sorry... the fish."

Focusing on skills, training, and studying was a sure way to keep Zaiya's mind from wandering... places. The sort that made her replay everything that happened back at that underwater cave with Aris Noble Aris Noble over and over in her head. Whenever her mind painted the images in her head, she would flush uncontrollably, flustered and still uncertain about how it all went. Her internal struggle was a constant companion.

As soon as that fluttery feeling filled her belly anew and her mind wandered to the silver-haired Epicanthix, Zaiya gave herself a firm, "Stop it!" in a soft, purposeful hiss -- which only confused the poor Rosina Padawan again beside her, who gave a startled jump and looked at her with confusion.

"Huh? Stop what?"

Instantly, Zaiya's cheeks flamed with embarrassment, the light blue of her skin turning into a vibrant coral.

"Oh my stars, I'm sorry. No, that wasn't for you. I was just talking to myself and --" There she was, babbling again. The Lovalla glew silver in her panic, bringing wet hands up to gesture in apology. The awkward tension in the air was palpable. "Sorry, sorry. Please continue on with your bubble..."

The Rodian Padwan gave her a weird look and then shook his head, returning to attempting his bubble.

With an internal groan, Zaiya went back to focusing. This was getting silly. Just... focus, Zaiya. Don't be stupid. She was determined to overcome this distraction and make progress in her training.

Once again, the attempt at making a Force Bubble began.

Only to fail again…

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

BYOO
PpBs3gB.png

He thought they didn't go on enough adventures? Vera blinked and looked at her brother for a moment. Did... he want to go on more adventures together? The thought made her smile, even if she tried to hide the fact that she wanted it just as much. Especially when he began to squint at her.

Really squint.

"Looking at me like that won't make me wrong." Vera gave him a stupid little smile meant to be annoying, but it faded as soon as the orb began to glow. She blinked and snapped her gaze back to the window, where suddenly a door appeared in front of them. The darkness behind it was unnatural, she could tell, and she didn't like the feeling of it at all.

This was even scarier than she had imagined.

"...yeah, but let's be careful, alright?" She gave him a more caring look, but then realized he was being a stinky little brother again when he threatened to tell on her, "Go ahead and tell Mommy that I was being mean to you." Vera smirked and stood up from her seat.

"Come on, let's go and see what's inside!"

xiqfVVX.png

"We'll be careful. But also I don't think mom will like that you called her out for huffing and scowling."

The door was ominous as all hell, though. Aris stared at it, before glancing to Vera. He gave a simple nod as he stood with his sister. Then, he lead the way through it. He figured he'd be best to head through first, given his nature as the front liner. And immediately, the darkness was gone. In it's place, a dust filled, aged facility. Alien machines lined the walls, dark from disuse.

It looked wonderful, until closer inspection revealed the corpses that littered the floor. Skeletons were all that remained their bodies long rotted. Even the bones looked brittle with age, as if touching them would turn them to dust.

".. Well. This is welcoming."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

BYOO
PpBs3gB.png

"What is she going to do about it? Huff and scoff at me?" Vera was in a mood today, but she wasn't going to back down. All of this stemmed from him poking at her and she was too much of a Noble to not fight back. At least, until the two of them finally went through the door together and were welcomed by a rather gruesome scene. Vera's eyes picked up on it immediately — the bodies that were scattered across the floor.

Were these people who had also come here to explore?

That thought sent a shiver through her spine, but she decided against voicing her concerns. They had this orb that showed them the way inside, so she trusted there was also a way back for them.

"I'm going to stay behind you. If I touch any of these, I might see something." Something troubling that could even shatter her mind if it was dark enough.

"Unless you think it's a good idea if I try to get a vision?"

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

OBJECTIVE ONE / BYOOISH - Learn more about Nautolans and their methods of communication and some neat underwater Force techniques

"Ugh, for the love of -- "
Zaiya burst out, her frustration rippling across her skin in a pulsing shimmer of silvery lavender, edged with hints of the rose-golden hue beneath. She couldn't help it; the emotions just spilled out, her skin reacting faster than she could rein them in.

Bek Ro, the Rodian Padawan sitting a few meters away, swiveled his green head toward her, his black beady eyes narrowing with irritation.

"Would you please stop doing that? It's breaking my concentration," Bek snapped, his voice edged with the same annoyance Zaiya felt. His outburst drew the attention of Master Vis, who was overseeing their training session.

Zaiya's face flared even hotter, her mottled spots glowing a mortified coral. "I'm sorry... sorry... I --" She stammered, hands raised in a gesture of apology just as Master Vis approached them.

"Everything alright?" the Nautolan Jedi Master asked, his wide, dark eyes swirling with calm concern as he regarded them both.

"Yes, I'm just... struggling. I'm sorry, Master Vis," Zaiya mumbled, offering a small, apologetic bow. Meanwhile, Bek shifted further away from her, clearly intent on keeping his distance. Zaiya noticed and only turned a brighter pink as she straightened from her bow, trying not to feel even more embarrassed.

Master Vis studied her for a moment, his expression gentle. "You have much on your mind, young one. How about you try and meditate a bit? Take a breath, regroup, and try again."

He wasn't wrong.

Zaiya sighed, but nodded respectfully, bowing once more. "Yes, Master."

Meditation. She was used to this by now, but that didn't make it any easier. Closing her eyes, Zaiya focused on tuning out her racing thoughts. She imagined each worry locked away in a little jeweled box -- her fears about Aris in one, her concerns about training in another, and so on, until the intruding thoughts that nagged at her mind were shut away, at least for the moment.

Gradually, she turned her attention to the gentle sounds around her -- the call of sea birds, the soft brush of the wind against her skin. She felt herself start to calm down, her breathing slowing as she found a bit of peace. The chaotic display of colors on her skin faded, replaced by her usual rosy golden tone, with soft blue mottled spots that shimmered in the sunlight like jeweled scales.

Okay. Let's try again.

Focusing her mind, Zaiya extended her hands and summoned the Force. Slowly, she began to form a bubble of energy between her palms, concentrating hard on maintaining its shape. It wasn't perfect, but it was something. When Master Vis finally said, "Good, well done. Keep practicing like that and move on to the next step," Zaiya opened her eyes and smiled. The joy of her small success rippled across her skin, a faint, delighted shimmer.

It was just a small bubble, but it was progress. And for now, that was enough.
qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Last edited:

xiqfVVX.png

"It might help to have a vision here. So we know what might've killed them, in case there's some lingering traps or the like. Information is our ally, right?" Aris glanced back to his sister for a moment, giving a smile. A comforting smile, at that. He knew what he was asking. Vera's visions were powerful, and involved. She'd feel a lot if she saw their deaths.

"Only if you're up for it, though."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

BYOO
PpBs3gB.png

Of course, it'd be useful if she did.

Vera stared at the bodies and sighed. She wasn't going to use psychometry on them because the skill also would allow her to feel their emotions. Their despair and pain during their last seconds alive, which was often so intense that it could drive someone insane if they tapped into it.

She was going to call upon the Force to receive a vision instead. A vision wouldn't be as accurate as seeing a fragment of these people's memories, but it'd still cover the events that took place here without the emotions attached to them.

"Alright, but I'll need you to stay close and hold my hand." Her lips twisted a little, clearly embarrassed to ask him this. But just like Mom and Dad had often pulled her out of scary visions, Aris could also be her lifeline if it overwhelmed her. So, if he agreed, Vera would take his hand and sit down next to one of the skeletons.

Her hand reached out but she was careful not to touch.

The Force began to swirl around her mind, responding to her request. In an instant, Vera's body relaxed and it felt as if she was no longer part of the living world anymore. Her mind drawn into her vision, she saw people running, fighting, but something far larger was hunting them down.

They stood no chance.

With a gasp for air, Vera's eyes opened and her muscles tensed. She blinked and turned her multi-colored eyes back to her brother, "This place is guarded," Vera said. "Something very big and dangerous is in here and I have a feeling that we're going to run into it." She stood up, let go of his hand, and straightened out her tunic.

"But I can take him, so don't worry." She flashed a grin, but she was clearly nervous.

AD_4nXdrFPNcEA6nLLUNZmemn-Zu1FysTXPm2qG2-7llR2lShqHYOczBkfs5R4F5vZ1IJmQtQN_l9-JEkWEwyv9xIeF-vEWT6NPDRB04fPgyYYu0e0KnMu9a-Y1Wlne42XAO-G4Kp1pqhhUy1poG15IR5EQD_zoa

HAIuSyi.png

Outfit: Beachwear

"Sure, watching a race isn't that fun on your own." Valery smiled and sat down next to Jonyna, her eyes scanning the skies for small craft, but she hadn't spotted any just yet. Her gaze then shifted back to her friend, who had been tuning a guitar. A smaller guitar, at that. Valery blinked and immediately realized who it was for.

She hadn't forgotten about the promise.

"Adam will love it," Valery dipped her head and smiled appreciatively, "Thanks for doing this for the kids. It really means a lot to them."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Alright, now we were getting somewhere!
Zaiya couldn't help the flicker of relief that swept over her. Maybe she'd been letting her thoughts spiral too much, but with everything going on, who could blame her? There was so much to process from recent conversations and what they might mean for the future. But right now, she had one goal: get this Force Orb under control and make it bigger.

She set her mind on it, her brows furrowing as a wave of dark orange with glowing cerulean glints rippled across her skin -- a telltale shimmer of determination. Okay, focus. Just make it bigger, Zaiya.

With the precision of one of her lab experiments, Zaiya carefully spread her hands farther apart, channeling tendrils of the Force into the bubble. She visualized it expanding, inflating it slowly but steadily. Inch by inch, the orb began to grow, and her grin widened in tandem with its size.

The excitement wasn't just on her face; it pulsed from her skin too, golden bioluminescent flecks dancing across her rosy complexion.

Yes! Now, all she needed to do was move it and see if she could keep it steady underwater around her head.

One step at a time, but she could already feel the thrill of pushing her limits. If she could manage this, she'd try making the bubble even larger -- maybe big enough to cover more than just herself? The thought sent a spark of eager anticipation through her. Time to see just how far she could take this!

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

xiqfVVX.png

Aris nodded one as he took Vera's hand. Whatever she was going to end up seeing, he was going to be there for her, just like their parents would. There was a faint smile as he watched her though. Despite the terrible things she'd seen growing up, she'd learned a lot of control for at least initiating them when she felt the need to. Even as scared as the felt from the vision, she was still smiling.

"Oh I'm sure you could. Good thing I'm here to help regardless."

The last thing they should do is fight alone, after all.

"Did you get a loo-"

"Blood of my blood."

The voice echoed through the room. From around the corner just ahead a large figure stepped forward. Ancient bones creaked as the figure, as much a skeleton as the bodies that remained, approached. A wicked blade rested in their hands. Everything about them was dull in color, muted as if drained. Save for the series of old Epicanthic runes that were etched into the very bones.

"It was only a matter of time before you came seeking the key. Prove yourself, blood of my blood."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

BYOO
PpBs3gB.png

Vera smiled at him, clearly relieved that he would help her fight whatever stepped in their way. She had been studying a lot to be better at protecting herself and others, especially with the runes Dad taught her, but she still wasn't a fighter. She had accepted this already and it didn't bother her, but it made places like this a lot more scary.

Her brother being here with her helped her stay calm and gave Vera her confidence.

"Blood of my blood."

Vera blinked and turned to face the skeleton that emerged from the darkness. It held a blade and spoke with a darkness in its voice that made it obvious that this was at least one of the guardians who had killed these people in the halls.

"It was only a matter of time before you came seeking the key. Prove yourself, blood of my blood."

"You're a skeleton. You don't have any blood," Vera said with an annoying little grin, before she pulled her lightsaber from her belt. The green blade ignited and her multi-colored eyes focused on their new enemy.

"And even if you did, we're not the same." Vera looked at Aris and nodded.

"We're Nobles."

She'd let him strike first and she would be the support he could rely on.

xiqfVVX.png

"From royalty to nobility? How my blood has fallen."

Clearly the skeleton didn't fully understand what Vera had meant by Noble. Lightless eyes seemed to focus on Vera for only a moment before his blade was suddenly brought down. Right in a quickly charging Aris, no less. The boy blinked in surprise as he caught the heavy blade on his lightsaber, near buckling before he steadied his stance to lift up against the sword.

"Prove yourselves, blood of my blood, or I will sever your line here."

Vera Noble Vera Noble

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Interacting with: Exiting thread

Zaiya felt the familiar tug of weightlessness as she waded deeper into the lagoon, her chest tightening with both anticipation and the cool embrace of the water. She carefully guided her shimmering Force bubble ahead of her, the iridescent light refracting off its edges. Once the water reached her chest, she figured it was deep enough to try what she'd planned-- sitting at the lagoon's bottom while manipulating the bubble over her head.

Taking a steadying breath, her nictitating membranes slid across her eyes, giving her vision a clear, muted hue as she let herself sink beneath the surface. The cool water wrapped around her like a silken blanket, and for a moment, she simply hovered, suspended in the tranquility of it. But it didn't take long for Zaiya to realize that getting herself to stay put was going to be trickier than she thought.

For all the times she loved floating, today was not one of them. Her natural buoyancy made her bob upward the moment she tried to sit down. The sand beneath her feet seemed determined to avoid her as she struggled to keep herself anchored.

Ugh really, she thought, bubbles briefly escaping her lips. But Zaiya wasn't one to give up easily. She finally managed to wedge herself in a spot where she could stay still enough to focus on the task at hand.

Eyes narrowing in concentration, she slowly guided the bubble toward her head, trying to encase it just right so she could release her breath and start drawing oxygen from it. The water around her rippled with her efforts, a few curious blue fish darting by and momentarily breaking her focus. Zaiya's skin flushed a faint lavender, signaling her frustration, but she quickly reined it in. She couldn't let herself get distracted now -- not when she was so close to making it work.

It took a mix of stubborn determination and the tiniest improvement in control, but soon enough, she felt the bubble settle perfectly around her head. Zaiya exhaled into it and cautiously took a breath in return. Air filled her lungs. A grin split her face, lighting up her features with a soft, golden glow.

I did it. I really did it!

Her giddy giggle echoed in the water, causing the bubble to wobble slightly. It wasn't just the success that thrilled her -- it was the idea that she could now push her abilities further. Now she just had to figure out how to keep the oxygen flowing steadily from the water into the bubble. One step at a time.

Zaiya's skin pulsed with joy, soft pale blue and shimmering gold swirling together in a quiet celebration. She leaned back slightly, letting herself drift in the water's embrace while keeping her concentration. This was progress -- small, but real. And for now, that was more than enough.
qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Last edited:

BYOO
PpBs3gB.png

"We're not the same." Vera squinted with that same fury as when she refused to acknowledge Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex as her grandfather. Few things could truly anger the young Noble, but her family — the people she cared about most — being compared to an evil family made her blood boil.

This skeleton meant nothing to her.

"Aris!" Vera called out, as her brother moved to intercept. She wasn't surprised that he managed to catch the incoming blade, but the strength that nearly caused him to buckle definitely did.

Wanting to help, Vera accelerated with the Force and moved down his right flank, hoping that Aris could keep his blade occupied just a bit longer. With only one weapon, the skeleton was likely going to struggle against two blades, so as soon as Vera moved within range, she lashed out for its right knee.

It had no organs to target, so joints was the next best thing.

xiqfVVX.png

"Denial of the truth of your blood means nothing, blood of my blood, but ignorance."

The weight no Aris's blade lessened, and the boy was quick to push up against it to reset his footing, only to find a wave sending him back. Raw power in the Force, to send both siblings scattering as the giant of a skeleton settled his own stance with the blade now in both hands.

"You are Zambrano, no matter what you call yourself now. Prove your might, or fall."

Then he was upon them, upon Vera. Aris was quick to intercept, his eyes narrowed in focus this time. He was ready for the strength, and rather than take it on as he had before, he went to throw it to the side, to force the skeleton open for Vera to counter strike again. They knew what he could do now, with blade and with the Force. That'd be enough, right?

Vera Noble Vera Noble

BYOO
PpBs3gB.png

The blast sent Vera back several steps, but the fury that was boiling her blood kept her on her feet, "I'm not a Zambrano!" she exclaimed with unusual anger. Dad had seen it before and she had talked to him about it, but she had never shown this side to Aris yet. Family was the most important thing to her, especially knowing what it's like to lose an important part of it. So for him to make some claim about who her family really was...

She was going to grind every bone in his body down to dust.

Drawing her blade back up, she stood ready to catch the incoming strike but Aris was quicker and deflected it for her. Vera followed up, hammering away with brutal strength.

No more Soresu — this was something she learned from Mom.

"Aris, now!" Vera called out, hoping they could overwhelm it together. If it wasn't enough, she had one other trick up her sleeve to bring this bony monster down.

xiqfVVX.png

Aris blinked in surprise at the ferocity that Vera put on display. Concern filled his gaze as he glanced to her, but there wasn't time to talk about this. There wasn't any time to be distracted. He followed after her, taking turns with striking more or less to the skeleton's open areas. But the Skeleton was fast. His blade moved seemingly effortlessly to defend itself, though clearly there wasn't a time for him to strike back against the two padawans.

"Good. Good! My blood lives on, strong as ever. Fight, thrive, win! Solomon, First of the Zambrano, has deemed you worthy."

Once dormant etchings on the skeleton flared to life, glowing a faint red as a sudden strength met the padawan's blows to throw their strikes aside with ease, one after the other as he'd take over the tempo, even against them both.

"Show me everything you can do, blood of my blood!"

Vera Noble Vera Noble

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom