Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private On The Winds of Change - pt 2 (TEOAB)

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

The woman walked around Braze looking at his stance closely. Her hand would move with gestures and Braze would feel slight light pulls nudging his stance into place. "I have, the one I just used now, along with its pair. They were made with flight combat in mind. Easy to hold in one hand and precise movements." She looked closely checking one last time at the starting stance. With a nod and smile it was a silent notice that the stance was there.

She met Braze's gaze with intensity. "Juyo is more than a fighting style; it is also a manifestation of one's deepest emotions being focused—for me its passion, desire, rage. Every movement is fueled by the raw energy from deep inside," she began to explain a little moving behind Braze. "The form is both chaotic and erratic, with a heavy focus on offense, to strike at an opponent with such speed and angles of attack that they have difficulty countering it." She spoke passionately and with pride that came with being a warrior.

"This part will become easier with experience and practice. For now it's easiest if you use a time that made you the most angry, if you need to say it out loud or shout does not matter right now you just need this feeling. When you feel like you are about to lose it internally that is when you focus and release that pent up feeling." Teresa explained partially taking a second to pause while Braze could focus, or perhaps ask a question.

Last edited:

Braze blinked and looked down, studying his posture. He tried to commit the sensation to memory.
Maintaining his pose, he looked back up at her. "All in one go?" he asked, his tone more curious than annoyed at the moment.
"How does being mad help? Wouldn't that just make mistakes more likely?" He paused, then added thoughtfully, "Or create wider openings?"

Braze was curious, eager to understand and seemed ready to follow her instructions without hesitation. Yet, it appeared he wanted to grasp how it all functioned—perhaps something that couldn't be fully explained with words alone.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png
Teresa smirked and giggled slightly at the question, it was a good one because it took her time to realise the key that made it click. "For right now, yes all in one and that depends on you," she said in a light tone clearly amused by him. "Like your blade, emotion can be directed and channeled. It just takes practice and great effort."

Slowly she walked over to his right side and joining him in the stance once more. "To use something that is part of you, in ways you never had is never an easy thing at first. Just remember the first time you tried anything that took skill, bet not everything came right away." The Valkyrie slowly built on her anger choosing something from her past that made her more angry than filled with rage.

"Draw that emotion into a space, like a big ball. Try to split that feeling into five parts one at a time." Taking an audible deep breath sucking air between her teeth. "First to the middle of your head, not the top, it sits there on the edge of your mind," she said releasing the rest of the breath and inhaling again. "Then we bring it to our arms, this makes your blade hard to read." The woman repeated the step once more and the flow broke down into steps could be felt from Teresa as she focused as her eyes looked ahead. "Finally our legs, the feeling to drive you forward."

Braze mirrored Teresa's breath, slowly releasing it as instructed. Drawing on memories of sorrow and anger, he fueled himself with a potent mix of emotions. With each strike at the boulder, his lightsaber hummed through the air, guided by the turbulent emotions swirling within him. Despite the training mode limitation, he pushed himself, the blade crackling with energy as he channeled his sorrow and anger into his strikes. With a final powerful blow, he stepped back, the boulder showing signs of the emotional onslaught it had endured. Braze stood, chest heaving, feeling a mix of satisfaction and catharsis...

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

Teresa could feel the beginning of emotions stir inside the boy as he drew on something that caused more than anger. Part of her wanted to correct this as it was not in the instruction. Before she could say anything he had already began to move with haste and she watched carefully. Though the striked where precise it had not real impact. "Your holding yourself back, why?" She asked as her voice became stern. "If your lightsaber is broken, I will lend you one that actually cuts for this exercise. Otherwise it would have been useless to have set up targets."

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

THe woman raised her brow at the answer thinking it was preposterous to lower the power of a saber for even training. Though... such a thing could be useful... perhaps useful for those who are not of the force. "Nevermind that for right now," she thought approaching. "You're more likely to have a bad accident by using that 'mode', jedi sentiment wont work for this."

"Top of that, you drew on two emotions when I said one. Unless you want to draw on so many wonderfully dark emotion you start to feel the tantalizing pull." The woman took steps forward and knocked down the targets with a gesture of a hand. An easy step into it clearly was not the right way.

"We'll do this the other way," The woman said as her voice turned cold while releasing her aura drawing out it's intense heavy pleasure. "Change the setting, then come at me like you intend to kill me. Imagine instead of Komi in that cockpit, it's your master or a treasured friend, in this moment there is no escape and you have to kill to achieve everything." The Blackened Valkyrie moved into a stance readying herself for Braze. "Only use the stance, and only anger. Remember, if touch you, it means you've died. If I draw my saber, means you killed me. Before you consider hesitating or holding back, remember who my master is and that as Warrior it would be disrespectful."

Braze's expression shifted to one of confusion as he processed her directive. "How is that disrespectful?" he questioned, genuinely puzzled. He'd encountered others with firm opinions on the limits of what was appropriate in a training session, but her stance seemed particularly stringent. His intention was clear; he had no desire to cause her any harm.

Braze shook his head. "I don't want to accidentally hurt you. "

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

"Because a weapon is part of a Warrior. Tell me, when you fight unarmed, do you only slap your opponents lightly?" She asked in a counter question quite seriously. "To me, this and that is the same thing and it's offensive." As he stated his worry the Blackened Valkyrie would only smirk at the words. "While I find your unease at the concept of causing me harm sweet in in own ways. That concern is unwarranted." Gesturing in wide and exaggerated arm and hand movements, each saber pulled itself from her belt or sheath igniting brightly in the dark. Three red blades two with black cores, one purple, one green and one yellow.

Of course three of the six resembled jedi designs, including that of the ancient one. "As you can see, I am more than prepared to defend myself." Each of those blades returned back as to not appear overwhelming. The way each one moved was like if a finely manipulated wires controlled them with expertise. "Now come at me, little warrior like you mean it," she said with a growing smirk.

Last edited:

Braze's gaze softened, his shoulders slumping momentarily as if he were conceding to her logic. For a moment, it seemed as though he might relent, and back away form this course of training.

With a sudden surge of energy, Braze's muscles tensed, his expression hardening. Without a word, he charged forward, his movements swift and purposeful, exuding an intensity that spoke of some long buried feelings being reopened. His blade seemed to flicked subtly as the change was engaged through the use of the force, and the sound hummed louder.

His attack came in a barrage of tenaciousness, and ferocious aggression.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png
There it was that sliver of controlled anger. Her eyes noticed Braze tense, that subtle shift, yet that drawing of power was unmistakable. The second his legs began to move she carefully kept a close eye on each movement. The first few strikes came close as she stepped just away from the path of the young jedi's blade. For a moment it began to be easy to read the path and then the approach changed keeping the chaotic nature of unpredictable movements.

It kept her on edge with each cut that came, the heat coming searingly closer. She could not stop the big smile on her face feeling more proud of how well this young one picked things up. "I thought you were going to hesitate for a moment." Her next step created a little distance between them by the time she turned there was a strike coming in. Though she could hop a little further to avoid again, there was no denying the persistence of a closing blade.

Her hand flicked out darting one of the Svikin hjortu to clash firmly against Braze's blade crackling with pure bright energy. Their blades so close to porcelain white skin that the heat stung. Now those golden orange eyes glowed while peering down at the boy. "Do you feel the difference little warrior? You even got me to draw my blade."

Braze took a deep breath and pressed his saber against Teresa's, feeling the clash of energy and determination between them. With a powerful push, he created some distance, only to surge forward again with more forceful and harsh swipes. His movements were fueled by the intense emotions Teresa had instructed him to harness. He continued relentless assault.

"You didn't say stop," he said through gritted teeth, his eyes locked on Teresa. Each strike was an attempt to break her defense, to push her her back.

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

She could feel those emotions burning brightly within him. It was hard not to notice how sweet and sour it was, somehow that suited him. Teresa kept her eyes on Braze as he created some distance and then rushed back in. Her hand seized the blade from the air tightly while simultaneously channeling her agner to focus the force. That feeling clearly emanated from her, wrapping tightly around the Valkyrie's form.

When Braze's blade began to swing, she waited until the last moment to move defensively, ensuring she wouldn't be caught off guard by the wild nature of his attack. His comment, however, elicited a quick laugh from her. "Yes, you're right!" she exclaimed while meeting the kid's saber again. "I appreciate the enthusiasm, honestly."

For a few more moments, the Blackened Valkyrie entertained the oncoming attacks, but now it was time for the next and final part, for now. "Prepare your defense, Braze. Stand strong because I'd really prefer not to slice a wonderful young warrior in two. It's time I show you what the next one is." Teresa flapped her wings, creating a gust to slow the boy's charge and allowing her to create a small bit of distance again. "Especially when I can feel my retainer is watching so closely."

With a sleight-of-hand motion, she swapped her blade for the ancient one, its purple blade snapping and hissing to life. This time the Valkyrie rushed forward, her black feathered wings trailing behind. Each step left an imprint in the ground with a slight thud of dry earth.

The distance closed quickly, and the first strike came from the top right to the bottom left. As the momentum began to slow, the hilt of the blade rolled between her hands, reversing the grip to bring the blade from the bottom left to the top right. Once more, the hilt shifted between her hands for the final strike. In a flash of intrusive thought, she envisioned her blade cleaving the little Jedi in two.

Surely Braze would notice the intense look in her eyes, those glowing orbs filled with fury. Her hands moved instinctively, the strike coming from above, but she guided it purposely off to the side, narrowly missing the young warrior at the last moment as her full strength came down.

The purple blade bit into the dirt, leaving a deep gouge of melted earth. "Feth... that was close," she said, still holding her position. "This maneuver is designed to overpower your opponent. By channeling anger through your body and thickening that current, overwhelming strength surges through you. It pushes the limits of your muscles and amplifies the power of your strike." Teresa straightened up, taking a step back. "If you feel confident you won't loose control, try it. Otherwise, it'd be better to practice getting used to the feeling of the stance and its process."

Caught in a gust, Braze almost kissed the dirt, his feet skidding backwards before he summoned the wind to steady himself. With a dramatic flair, he steadied his stance and surged forward to meet Teresa head-on. As he advanced, he observed her switch blades with a magician's finesse. His gaze, sharp as a hawk's, decoded the subtle tells of her muscles, predicting her intentions. Swiftly, he aborted his attack, dodging her strike with the grace of a dancer. Breathing heavily, he eyed the marred earth where her blade had struck.

"You know, this might be better with training sabers," Braze suggested, panting. "The worst outcome? A nasty welt or burn." He shook his head, half-amused, half-exhausted. "Not every training session needs to flirt with death, right?" His tone mixed jest with a hint of critique, questioning the high stakes of their sparring ritual.

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom