Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private One Time to Another

Before the Dark Empire's Subjugation of Tython

He followed behind Onrai, their steps echoing in the nearly empty halls. He didn't know what, specifically, had brought this on; after all he knew that they were a creature of the dark, of potential corruption. Yet, at the same time, unlike with sith, there was no attempts at conversion. She seemed to have a sort of "live and let live" policy. He still found that odd about her and that was why, despite her leanings within the Force, he was going in the same way.

Perhaps it was her very nature that he found so odd. She shifted forms, easily, she did not strike first, as he would have assumed that she would've. Nor had she, upon their first meeting attepted to draw him in or drownn him within darker powers. She'd attempted to show him her truth, though he'd not been prepared and had lost consciousness. Even though he'd learned mmore of the Force and galaxy, he wasn't prideful enough to believe that he was ready, even now, not that it mattered. He wasn't aboout to learnn from those so immersed within the dark. Speaking was fine, to an extent. He did ponder what it was that she was after, down here. There wasn't much beyond tomes, scrolls...other such paraphernalia...

"Miss Onrai..." he finally spoke up, as the two turned down, yet another hallway, in the direction of the archival hall. "I have to ask, what are you? I asked you this, once before, but never got a straight answer." He continued his forward movement. Admittedly, he wasn't sure that he'd get a truly straight answer out of her, this time, either. In this, they were two entities, seperated by thought and ideology, yet the path carried their steps the same. "There are too many questions, that I'm not truly prepared too recieve answers to, yet." There was a difference to the man she'd met last, though; a removal of resigation, and an understanding of the self. This would be no battle. Just discussion.

Onrai Onrai

Onrai had noticed that someone, a Padawan, had been following her. Her encounter with Raphael Gallustrade Raphael Gallustrade had been particularly brief previously, but he was currently following her as she sought to identify the dark presence that had already split up. Onrai seemed to split into two people - one who walked away and another who acknowledged the young man as he asked her a question, or several.

"I am a god." She said. "I heal the sick, water the crops, aid the births, and answer the prayers. Once all of Coruscant worshipped me, and perhaps in time they will yet again. I am not a being who demands your worship, only that it be given freely and blessings received in return. Such makes me such an idiosyncrasy in the Empire - and is the reason I'm here right now." She had come to the temple on a mission to acquire certain forbidden texts the archive held, whose value was of tremendous significance but which few would ever spare a glance at compared to a shiny new Sith holocron.

"Why? What questions do you have for me, Raphael?"

"You're powerful, but not a god." His reply was swift, and certain, though it did not seem to be defensive or even an attack. "It isn't meant to be offensive, of course. The gods died long ago." Still he continued moving, his footsteps seemed to show no fear, or at the very least he wasn't staying very far behind her. There was a difference to him now and the man that had found her back in the day. While there was a strong light to him, there was a darkness that was also strong in its own right.

"Well, I suppose, the biggest question, why do you utilize the dark side of the Force? With your power I don't quite understand. You could do a great deal more good. In the few times I've seen you... I don't know, you seem almost more like a destabilizing force, when most cultures think of a god in order to promote order or to explain some part of the world that they don't truly understand."

He looked around, seeing no one else was there. He was curious, but opted not to explore further about that. It was probably best that others were near her. "And, I suppose, what is it that you're looking for here? The majority of records are being ferried away, I would think."

Onrai Onrai

“A god has to fulfill certain precepts, Raphael. Most importantly, a god has to be able to actually give back to their worshippers as opposed to simply take, take, take. And while many gods died so long ago, you would be surprised at how many still survive.” She said. Her other self was busy with Spindle, hunting down the maleficent manuscripts in the temple. “That is why mortals who lord over people and try to get their worship are not gods.”

She laughed for a moment as he attempted to ask her as to why she used the Dark Side of the Force. “The Dark Side? Silly young Jedi, I haven’t used the Dark Side in years. I wield something far more powerful and far less diluted than that. It is something the Wall of Light cannot harm. I am no destabilizing force - I provide order and stability to those who follow me, as their god or merely as their patron. A god of the new age.” She sighed.

“Respectfully, I will not tell you what I seek here other than that it would be useless to those who do not understand its value. I doubt even the Sith looters would know its worth, but I want to leave nothing to chance.”

Raphael Gallustrade Raphael Gallustrade

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom