Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Qualitea Time

In the aftermath of Ukatis, Kahlil suggested that she talk to someone.

Cora had been hesitant to talk to anyone about her engagement. The topic put her easily on the defensive, struggling to balance her need to safeguard the reputation of her home and her role as a Jedi.

Makko had been her first thought—he understood her in his own way—but she'd been too cowardly to face him, and she daren't unload her worries on him.

"Is the tea hot enough? Is it too hot?"

Blonde brows furrowed at the young man sitting across from her. In the gardens, at a small iron wrought table, Cora and Sion shared a pot of tea between them. The elder Padawan had been present on Ukatis, imparting a sense of calm via empathy in the storm that was her engagement party.

It wasn't unusual for them to share a cup of tea. Cora was usually more collected, but her nerves had started to fray. Carefully, she raised a cup to her lips and blew gently at the steam coalescing from the surface.

"I hear that you fared well on Exegol."

Fared well meaning survived.

Sion Lorray Sion Lorray

Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

"It's just fine, my Lady, thank you."

That title had started as something serious. Sion addressing her as polite and dignified as possible, because he was in the presence of nobility. Part of it was still rather serious. Sion thought the world of Cora. So dignified, so poised... especially under the circumstances. But My Lady was now also somewhat of an inside joke for the two of them.

Teasing to the days of them being aggressively awkward at that first meeting in the cantina.

A little sad smile there.

"I don't think anyone fared well on Exegol." He murmured carefully as he sipped from his tea. "The world is gone. I know it was deeply corrupted, but the plan had never been for it to be wiped out. We could have made it into something better-"

There Sion paused as his smile turned slightly apologetic.

"I shouldn't pontify, least of all to you." He extended his hand to squeeze hers. "Do you wish to talk about it?" It had nothing to do with Exegol.

Sion didn't need to ask how she felt. He knew. And she knew that he knew. That was enough.

Cora reflected Sion's weary smile back at him before pressing her lips softly to the rim of the cup.

Her gaze fell closed as she drank. The tea had been brewed from a blend of herbs and plants picked for their soothing abilities; earthy and mellow, even the aroma was calming. It did precious little to steady her heart as Sion asked his searching question.

Blue eyes snapped open, appraising first the gentle hand that squeezed her own, then the concerned face of her friend. Sion never pushed, only offered. A natural empath, he was more in tune with her own emotions than she was.

It was a blessing as much as it was a curse.

Lowering the cup into its saucer, her lips pulled back in a troubled sort of smile.

"I'm...scared, Sion." She admitted quietly. "I can only hope that feeling will fade in time."

Cora had been taught that unpleasant thoughts, feelings and gestures were meant to be hidden. Rightfully, they could be used against her and her family by conniving aristocrats. The young noblewoman saw no point in pulling emotional punches with Sion, who'd likely already sussed out how she was feeling, but knew that talking about it might help.

"I never got to properly thank you for your help on Ukatis." Tapping the tips of her fingers to the base of her neck, Cora gently cleared her throat. "I'm not sure what it was that you did, but you were able to help me keep calm in the storm. I can't tell you how much that meant to me."

Sion Lorray Sion Lorray

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom