Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Rest & Reprieve [Nouqai Veil]

"Yeah, I've heard about the Kainate," Balun said, his voice thoughtful as his gaze dropped to the floor. "A cult that worships the old Sith Emperor, Darth Carnifex…" He trailed off, turning over the implications of what the tattoo might represent. Whether it was a simple marking or something more sinister, like a barcode—an unsettling stamp of ownership in the mind of her creator. His frown deepened, the thought making him uneasy. It was an uncomfortable topic, but he knew she was seeking answers, even if they stirred her own feelings of unease.

"I suppose following this lead would mean another venture into Sith Space," he mused aloud, his thoughts spilling over. "Though I have no idea where the Kainate operates. I don't know much about them beyond that." He sighed, realizing the complexity of what they were considering. The search for her origins would be no easy task—possibly even impossible if those who held the answers were long dead. In Sith territory, survival was unpredictable at best, with violence and betrayal shortening lives at an alarming rate.

Nouqai Veil Nouqai Veil

Nouqai shook her head, it was a dangerous venture to seek her truth and discover where she came from. The risk was not worth taking, she knew how ruthless the kainites were. "Its too dangerous Balun. The kainites are the most ruthless of the sith. Even my Sith master Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr has taught me to stay away from them." She would not want to put Balun in another precarious situation like with Strosius and Revna.

Nouqai was taught about the different Sith territories, she knew the planets where the Kainites conducted their business, but it would be foolish of them to embark on such a mission. "It wouldn't be wise, we could get in a whole lot of trouble investigating."

"Any more dangerous than walking right up into the Sith Academy on Jutrand and pretending to be one of them with Aris Noble Aris Noble ?" Balun replied with a mischievous glint in his eye. The thought shouldn't have excited him as much as it did—he knew that much. The stark reality of facing the raw power of the Sith was almost certainly a death sentence. But here, in the quiet safety of his quarters, he couldn't help but be swept up in the thrill of the idea, caught in the reckless musings shared between two young friends.

"No, seriously though, I know it's a stupid idea. The point is that I'm here if or when you decide to pull on that thread," He elaborated, his tone shifting from playful to earnest as he tried to reel himself back to reality. The lightness from moments before faded, replaced by a genuine seriousness. Balun had faced his share of intense battles that left scars both seen and unseen. Yet, despite his growing experience, he knew there was no way he could hold his own against a trained Sith Lord. The gap between his skills and their raw power was undeniable, and the weight of that truth settled heavily on him.

"In any case... you must be exhausted, right?" he said, his tone softening. "We can start our training together tomorrow. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon." He glanced around the room before offering with a slight grin, "You're welcome to take my bed. I'll crash out here on the couch." His suggestion carried the promise of rest and the reassurance that, come morning, they'd focus their energy on preparing for the challenges ahead. For now, though, it was time to let the weariness of the day fade.

Nouqai Veil Nouqai Veil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom