Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP, Dad

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

​I wanted to give a like for solidarity, but "liking" that post felt like I was sending the wrong message.

All the same. Man. I wish you the best. My dad dropped from a sudden heart attack back in 2014. I was also at work at the time. Which was horrible, because I was an EMT at the time and had been on an Ambulance an hour away when it happened. He hadn't been alone. My mom was with him when it happened. But still. As an EMT, knowing that I had not being there to do CPR had been rough.

It's always rough though. Even when you know it's coming. It's so damned rough.

Hang in there man. When you're ready for it, try talking to him like you're praying. Personally, I find that helps me a lot when I'm missing my dad. I hope it helps you too, when you're ready for it.

Very sory for your loss. *hugs* I vas never close vith my father, to put it mildly, but I do know how it maked me feel, vhen my grand-mother pased-away, also from cancer. I also culdnt do anithing but watch, as she just semed to vither away on that hospital bed, a shel of a once-energetic woman vho vas my inspiration most of my life. To my ever-lasting regret, I vas not there vhen she did pass. I loved her so much.

Many, many condolences my friend.

It's never easy to lose someone in your life, especially when they've had such a major impact on how you grew into who you are today. Never let his memory die and he will live on until the end of time.

You, your mother, and the rest of your family are in my prayers. I’m not sure what nationality you are, but I’d like to take this moment to genuinely thank your dad for his service to his country. If you ever need anyone to talk to feel free to message me.

HOOAH!

I'm so sorry to hear of this loss to your family, Thurion. I wish you and your loved ones my heartfelt best during this time, I understand all too well how difficult it can be and wished to convey my respect and condolences to you and yours.

Beautiful, yet saddening to read.

My condolences, Thurion. Your father sounded wonderful and awesome. I wish you and your family the best and strength through this. Remember him in memory, and honor him in any way you can.

We’ve never talked but if you need a pair of ears, know you can hit me up.

You have my deepest condolences and to your family as well. It's never easy losing a loved one and I thank you for sharing your story. Your dad sounded like a great man, and just know we're here for you.

Thank you, everyone, for your wonderful, kind words. It means a lot to me. :flower:

I spent the evening at home with the family, didn't drive home until late at night. It's a strange feeling, knowing you'll never see or talk to a person who's been such a huge part of your life for so long. I'm torn between missing him with all my being, and just being happy for him that he's no longer in pain. I'll remember him as the strong man he was, not as the man wasting away in a hospital bed until barely recognizable.

I'll be spending the weekend relaxing and taking things slow, one step at a time. I'm sure work will prove a welcomed distraction.

Thanks again, all of you. :wub:

Edit: Also, thanks to the admin who removed that symbol at the end of the topic title. Annoyed me as well. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom