Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Rurylis Cube

Gear: Sk-UL Mk2 Armor, KC-47 Hybrid Strike Rifle, KC-95'Ace of Spades'
Tag: Mariah of House Marr Mariah of House Marr

Roughly thirty six hours had gone by since the last report of a Kel’Dor Botanist had reached the Empire. All forms of contact had been silenced, and yet there hasn’t been any reports of the scientist either. Which led to the Eternal Empire sending one of their own, Private Rath Nihro, and a technician that went by the name of Mariah. Ideally the team was put together as Rath being the brawn and Mariah would be the brain so to speak. Frankly, Rath was okay with that line of thinking, and not to mention Rath has never been to Bursoll II. He has heard stories of it, but that was about it.

Still Rath knew of what exactly this scientist was studying specifically. It was a plant called Rurylis Flower to be precise, and frankly it was the kind of plant that can induce paranoia and confuse the mind. As to what reason the Kel'Dor had for researching such a plant, Rath didn't know. Nevertheless, Rath came as a passenger in Mariah's ship as it reduced the timeframe from meeting at a hangar when they could land at a clearing in the midst of the temperate grasslands.

As Rath looked down at his datapad to which held the coordinates, he spoke to Mariah.

"The lab is close. I'm detecting multiple life forms, but nothing big." Through the Force, Rath reached out to feel the presence of life. As to whether they are tainted with the dark side or not, Rath wouldn't know until he's near them. Frankly the land was brimming with life.

"The guy we're looking for is a Kel'Dor named Val'tas Nazaas, five foot eight inches tall, and he often wears a skin tight sealed suit with the Empire's logo on his back." If Mariah wished to see an image of Val'tas, Rath would show her so that she got a clear picture of who they are trying to find.

Mariah had been hired for a job. She'd done a lot of things, this was just another one of them. They were after someone who'd gone missing, a botanist she knew that. She wasn't extremely involved in botany, or chemistry, her skills lied heavily in technology not the more organic of sciences. She did know things about biology. Her stand-in would be the fact she had a computer attached to her arm, and should be able to understand enough of the terminology that their missing scientist may need them to know.

Plus, if there was any information to be gathered, she'd do just fine. Course, she wasn't alone, she was with Rath Nihro Rath Nihro the one who technically had the authority. As far as she was concerned, he was the in between of her and the Eternal Empire's government. She'd follow his orders where need be and he'd prevent her from ending up in the ground if things did go violent. She wasn't eager to leave her protection up to someone else, but she'd deal with it. She'd done it before, and she wasn't completely unprotected on her own.

Rath Nihro Rath Nihro spoke about the lab being close. "Promising I guess." she said breathing in, "Less likely he's been eaten."

Rath described the man, she looked to make sure White-5 was listening. He was. Kel'Dor. Height, skin tight suit, empire logo. She nodded along as he explained. "Shouldn't be too hard to find I imagine. He's a Kel'Dor, they tend to stick out. Well, if we see him that is."

She brushed her hands through her hair in thought, "Alright, we have options. We can do a general life form scan, find anything nearby and then start a more advanced search. Or we can go straight into the lab, hope that by doing that we can avoid wasting time. What do you know about the planets...wildlife? I'd like not to get eaten. I can have White go in my place if things are particularly dangerous down there. His design will permit me to do mostly anything I can do myself. It's just more convenient if I'm there personally."

She didn't know the story behind the Eternal Empire really, or Rath. She was curious how he came to his position and what exactly he did for them. Mariah absolutely intended to ask him about that.

SHIP: Fyrnock
EQUIPMENT:
orestiad-flight-suit
mariahs-necklace
mariahs-gauntlet
repulsor-board
WEAPONS:
bar-58-blaster-pistol
pv-16-sunfury-pulse-pistol

DROIDS on board ship:
White-5
cs-2-1b-surgical-droid
swarm-drones
20x Aristaeus Drones

Additional weapons and equipment on ship

Equipment: Sk-UL mk2 Armor, KC-47 Hybrid Strike Rifle, KC-95 Ace of Spades
Tags: Mariah of House Marr Mariah of House Marr

The sight of Bursoll II from an eagle’s perspective in terms of height made the flora below them an impressive view. It gave the impression that in terms of potential wellbeing, this planet was better off than Kalidan was. Of course, Rath is certain that Bursoll II had more than its fair share of conflict with past civilizations and wars. But to his knowledge they don’t have to worry about traveling to ruins or pondering what route to take in order to avoid the radioactive areas. There’s even been theories in science to build technology which included droids to resist the radiation, but the problem was anything retrieved from those ruins would be secreted in radiation and that wasn’t included with the person/droid that was sent to retrieve it.

“As far as I am aware, Dr. Nazaas is the only Kel’Dor scientist in the lab. Which narrows our search considerably.” Rath commented as Mariah followed along with Kel'Dor's description. He had done his best to keep the information simple and easy to follow as it was easier to transfer said information and it wasted less time. Perhaps that was the soldier part of him, but Rath had always done it that way. Even if something complicated came at him, Rath would just break it into smaller pieces like sorting it out into their own respective boxes before connecting the dots. It was how Rath cut through the murk of idle chatter and gossip to the facts.

Mariah presented their options, and basically it was either they approached this thoroughly or wished to rush straight to the point. Majority of his mind wanted to go straight to the lab, but if something happened to the lab then not doing a scan of life forms would hurt in the long run. As a Force-user and a Warden, Rath had a small voice in the back of his mind that spoke of taking the former option. Perhaps it was the Force guiding him, but if it was then he’d best flow with the current so to speak.

“Let’s do the life form scan first. From what I’ve been told, the only thing we’d need to worry about in this area is the Nexu. The Doctor mentioned in his reports about two months ago he saw signs of a Nexu in the area, but no sight of it. Otherwise the fauna here tend to keep to themselves, but do be mindful with bright colored flora. Those tend to be poisonous or even carnivorous.” Mention of flora reminded Rath of Kashyyyk, stories of the Shadowlands spoke of how unforgiving it can be on the unwary. Not that Rath has heard of such things in Bursoll II aside from the Rurylis Flower, but he wouldn’t dismiss the possibility of encountering a similar specimen.

(OOC: Oh my gosh I'm sorry! I didn't realize I hadn't posted and was just checking my previous threads)
Tags: Rath Nihro Rath Nihro

Mariah looked at the scanners image of the world. Thinking over the possibilities. She'd probably use the repulsor board while on ground. Or at least keep it nearby. So this was the only Kel Dor here? Yes, that did make their job a lot easier. She scrubbed her fingers together in thought on how they'd deal with all this.

He responded to go with life scan, and she began setting up the sensors, she took in a breath through her teeth as he said there were signs of a Nexu. Those things were vicious. She had to look at him a little odd as he said the flora could be carnivorous, "Great, might not get eaten by the animals. But the plants get a snack." she joked with a slight chuckle.

The scanners would show up soon what they'd have. It should be a fairly detailed scan so it might decipher what was a big or little lifeform. Though it wouldn't help with any dead bodies, nor with telling the difference between one relatively sized humanoid and the next. "Sounds like I might want to wear a flight suit. Yes, I know this isn't a flight, but it does offer a little bit of protection. And I'd rather be there in person than just use White. I'll bring some of the swarm drones with me. LEave the Aristaeus to control the ship in case we need it."

SHIP: Fyrnock
EQUIPMENT:
orestiad-flight-suit
mariahs-necklace
mariahs-gauntlet
repulsor-board
WEAPONS:
bar-58-blaster-pistol
pv-16-sunfury-pulse-pistol

DROIDS on board ship:
White-5
cs-2-1b-surgical-droid