Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Armor Ryv's Poncho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manufacturer: Ryv Karis
Market Status: Closed Market
Production: Unique
Weight: Very Light
n6eEig5.jpeg

DESCRIPTION
Following Ryv Karis' departure from the Galactic Alliance in the years leading up to the attempted Annihilation of Tython, the kiffar hung up his jacket in favor of something a little less recognizable. He opted for the ever-reliable poncho. It was the perfect cover on a planet like Denon, which had spent many years trapped in an ongoing war between corporate interests and the little guy. His poncho functioned to protect him from blasters, lightsabers, and extreme temperatures.

SPECIAL FEATURES
Constructed from hide taken from a dying Loth-Wolf, this poncho allows the wearer to hyperspace tunnel on planets with a strong presence in the Light Side. The wearer has to be intimately familiar with the planet in the way they would be their own home.

STRENGTHS
  • High Maneuverability: It's a poncho!
  • Extreme Energy Resistance: The inclusion of armorweave and cortosis serves to weaken the impact of lightsabers against the fabric, allowing the wearer to escape with minor burns, as opposed to horrific maiming or permanent death.
  • High Kinetic Resistance: Armorweave and Loth-Wolf hide allow the wearer to shrug off superficial damage.
  • High Thermal Resistance: The breathability of the weave and the reliability of the leather allow the wearer to endure high temperatures.
  • Hyperspace Tunneling: Traveling at lightspeed is pretty cool. It's almost like teleportation.
WEAKNESSES
  • Exposed Lower Half: It's a poncho!!
  • I HAD a Need for Speed: Force suppression will take away the cool power and turn it solely into a functional article armor piece. Not cool, dudes.
  • Sense: Those capable with the Force Sense ability should be able to Sense this item.

Out Of Character Info

Intent: An added defensive measure for a young up-and-comer.
Permissions: I write Ryv.

Technical Information

Affiliation: Kyric Karis
Model: N/A
Modular: No
Material: Armorweave | Cortosis | Loth-Wolf Hide
Classification: Multipurpose
Defense Rating: Extreme
Energy Resist: Extreme
Kinetic Resist: High
Sonic Resist: None
Thermal Resist: High
Radiation Resist: None
Other Resistance(s):

N/A

Last edited:
T E R R A R I S - C O M M A N D
Factory Judge
Kyric Kyric

It is very cool! Because the Loth-wolves are connected to the Force and the hyperspace tunneling also a Force-based travel, I would like to ask you to add to the weaknesses what happens with the poncho under Force suppression/nullification effects.

Kyric Kyric

It is very cool! Because the Loth-wolves are connected to the Force and the hyperspace tunneling also a Force-based travel, I would like to ask you to add to the weaknesses what happens with the poncho under Force suppression/nullification effects.

I am a gorilla for forgetting that one. Thank you!

I also added the weakness of the item being able to be picked up by Sense users. Kinda goes without saying, but I think the transparency is ideal.

How we looking now?

Edit: I changed the strength of Average to High Kinetic resistance to match the rating below.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom