Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sith Stalker

So I got an idea for this character, long term.

What do you think about the idea of a literel Sith Stalker, that is, a Dark Jedi that goes out and hunts Sith and Jedi down for the shear pleasure of it

Thoughts? Critiques?

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Safiriel Bane"]

I spent years doing this as Velok the Whiphid Blackguard. It was a ton of fun and I highly recommend it. There's not much that's more entertaining than hunting Darksiders as a Darksider, especially if you cultivate a sense of humour about it.

[member="Ember Rekali"]

I do so want to do this. But I feel as if no one will take me seriously, without a snazzy knight or lord title under my picture, so I may have to just do training threads until I can get one and start the fun

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Safiriel Bane"]

Au contraire. Take your Acolyte time to start long-term nemesis relationships, operate under the radar, pick off low-hanging fruit, be audacious. punch above your weight, cultivate a reputation for clean fair play, get noticed...all these things will be assets when the big ranks come your way. And there's nothing more satisfying than taking down someone stronger than you or pulling off a really audacious stunt.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Safiriel Bane"]

Whatever floats your boat, yeah. Look, there's nothing I love more than a really audacious heist or raid, but some of my very best are things I could have pulled off with an Acolyte character. Heck, for one or two of them, I actually did use an Acolyte character. Rank is no barrier to making an impact.

[member="Ember Rekali"]

Oh no I agree and I see what you're saying.

Just theres a slight trend i've noticed, and this isn't meant to be judgemental though it may sound like this. Characters of a higher rank (But knights more often than lords or masters) will just brush aside apprentice/acolyte level characters in two to three lines without a care, no matter how things are written or played

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Safiriel Bane"]

Well, there's Masters and then there's Masters. Ember's got a good few scars from Acolytes. Most of the grownups will take good hits regardless of who's dishing them out, if they're earned. And when you're up against those embryonic-god flavor-of-the-week anime Sith Lords, sure, it's frustrating when they go ham, but there's nothing sweeter than outwitting them in the short or long term.

[member="Ember Rekali"]

Oh i've had the chance to thread with some amazing writers. And I did get to smack [member="Darth Ferus"] in the face before I got taken out, which i'm proud of. And the anime characters that aren't even just 'Based on' or 'taken the image of' but just straight up ports...They frustrate me

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Safiriel Bane"]

That old character I mentioned, Velok? I made him specifically to hunt overpowered cardboard Sith Lords like that. Tailored his skillset and approach, then just went for it. It's a ton of fun.

But yeah, the best fight-writers will take your attacks into consideration to a larger extent than just a smack in the face.

[member="Ember Rekali"]

I like you. Your responses are detailed and on the point, you don't overflood with details, and you make me feel as if i'm actually involved in a conversation. Im going to go rate you 5/5 real quick

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Safiriel Bane"]
tumblr_n070wiqzVV1r4r6gpo2_500.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom