Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Six-Shooter Shot Glass

ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅᴇɴ ɢᴜɴ

VVVDHjr.png

TIME:Evening
EQUIPMENT:In bio.

Howl_Runner.exe was a wonderful little program if you were in the intelligence or bounty hunting business. In this case, Tae'l was the latter. She had used it countless times over the years, constantly cracking security cams and databases to compare facial recognition data or just photographs so she could feed it to the insatiable malware herself, it was all the same in the end. If her target had been in the area, howl_runner would know eventually.

Perhaps the most dastardly use she'd found for it though, was to plug directly into her helmet, and use the visor's inbuilt pict-feed.

All she had to do was keep someone in her line of sight long enough and she'd know if it matched any of the data collected along the way. Today's victim of stalking was supposed to be a Zeltron. She had a face, provided by the contractor who came to the guild for help, and admittedly not much else beside a name. He was some sort of pirate, an addictive personality, and swindled the contractor out of some good money or something along those lines.

Where does one find an addictive personality in a shadowport? The cantina.

Thus, Tae'l entered. Her reddish-brown armor bore no distinctive markings from any known clan or faction, just a blood red tear drop smeared onto the visor, and the distinct gleam of pure beskar that flashed briefly as she stepped into the door, staring down the entire bar as if to dare someone, anyone, to make a move before she was through with her job.

Rhys Swynol Rhys Swynol .

p1UD36K.png

Outfit: Casual
Equipment: Rifle, pistols x2, beskad
Tags: Tae'l Vizsla Tae'l Vizsla

Tatooine was hot. Like uncomfortably, twin sun hot. It was ridiculous, how was Rhys meant to look his best when he was sweating massively in his very fashionable attire?! It was criminal.

Rhys was keen to leave the world but he was here to check out some contracts for the Outer Rim territories and listen into the local gossip, there was always something juicy being discussed in these parts. Whether it was about troubles with force users (which was bland in his opinion), rival bounty hunters dating (which was much more fun), or some fun new secret codes for hidden cantinas and to get special menu items (the best gossip!) Rhys overheard a pair talking about how saying the phrase 'Blue Lagoon' would get the special house drink in this particular bar.

Perfect!

Approaching the bar, Rhys leaned on it and waited to be serve. It didn't take long till an attractive bartender approached him, he offered a warm smile, "hello there bartender! I will take a Blue Lagoon." Rhys gave a knowing wink.

"I...I don't know what that is? Do you mean a Pink Lagoon cocktail?" The bartender asked with slight puzzlement on their face.

Rhys paused, he had heard it correctly, he was sure they had said Blue Lagoon. Oh! "I meant Blue Lagoon, it's meant to be some sort of secret menu item. Perhaps check with another member of staff?" Rhys suggested, assuming the bartender was new.

"So...sorry Sir, we don't something like that here. I am the most senior member of staff here so I would be the one to know if we did. Can I get you something else?" The bartender looked devastated at being unable to help Rhys.

Rhys smirked as if this was nothing new, clearly he had heard the wrong information this time around. "That's fine, I must say you look gorgeous and so young to be the most senior staff here, please tell me your skin routine later! I will simply take that Pink Lagoon that you mentioned." Rhys mentioned without a care about messing up the secret menu item idea. He would find a bar that did it someday!

"Yes sir! And thank you for the compliment!" The bartender said with a flushed look on their cheeks as they moved around to start serving his drink.

Rhys simply took in his surroundings as he awaited his order.

A few turned their heads out of habit, a few more because they recognized the Armor as being Mandalorian at least. The Enclave wasn't so active these days, but a handful still remember the Karjr who used to haunt cities like this. Tae'l had never truly been Karjr, hardly even finished her induction into the order before her "untimely death". Unfortunately, that meant she was no longer the "Reaper of Mos Eisley" either, and "The Girl with the Golden Gun" hadn't been a story told in these parts for years now. Though, it made her job easier when it required her to lay low.

Her target however, was doing no such thing.

It didn't take long to spot the blue hair and pink skin at the bar, catching her eye amidst the crowd of random Rodians, Weequay and humans. Still, she needed to see his face to confirm, arresting folks based on mere racial profiling had never been her style.

So, she approached the bar, star-spurs jingling with each step, armorweave half-skirt rustling against the worn beskar. She couldn't keep a low profile in armor like this, but she could act the part at least, walking up to the bar so she could order a drink as if just a passing nomad, The Golden Gun remained in it's quick draw holster, but her wrist would rest limply on it's grip like a Tapani noble would his lightfoil. It was a deceptively casual pose, but kept the gun in reach.

"One snort of Spotchka if ya please" she ordered, leaving some credits. Honestly she didn't drink often, but it got her closer and it only seemed proper to tip the host in case she left the place a mess.

Then, she gave the Zeltron a lookover, tilting her head in curiosity while Howl_Runner scanned him from the visor footage.

"Say, have we met before? you seem familiar"

A brief notification on her visor display told her all she wanted to know: It was a match.

"Very familiar."

Rhys Swynol Rhys Swynol
p1UD36K.png

Turning his head, Rhys spotted another Mandalorian, their appearance was in full armour and she was definitely here on business. Which was curious that she approached him, usually Mandalorians stayed focus on their jobs when on mission, he often struggled to wrangle their arms into having fun when they were jumping into missions. It was a great shame since he had so many good activities to get a laugh or pump a person up.

Tilting his head, "Su cuy'gar," he greeted in Mando'a, "well Zeltron, so I often get mistaken for someone else. Some think they remember me as their best night ever, usually tell them they are seeing the future." He chuckled deeply in a flirtatious tone.

"In your case, nah, I think I would remember another Mandalorian. Especially a fellow alien one," Rhys mentioned as he took a sip of his drink.

"Another Mandalorian...?"

Tae'l stood in stunned silence for a moment, unsure what to make of the un-armored man speaking clear Mando'a. It was easy to pick up a few words here and there in Enclave territory so of course he could easily be lying, but something the accent made her doubt. Greetings were one thing, pronunciation was another. Even she found it difficult as a child, learning Galactic Basic from the scientists before Mando'a.

"Hmm..." She growled in confusion, sliding a bounty puck across the countertop towards him as the hologram came to life.
"Says you got a way with words, but nothing about Mandalorians"

"And I don't see any armor. So either you come from a sect that my tribe considers... non-traditional or you're lying to me. I would very much appreciate it if you cleared up the confusion for me"

Her stance had changed now that she was unsure whether this man was friend or foe, facing him completely, hand resting atop the grip of her pistol and claw-like nails tapping rhythmically against the Veshok wood grip. She had killed men- Mandalorians even- for selling Beskar to foreign hands before, to say nothing of what she'd do to a man for claiming the title without taking the creed. But she didn't draw, not yet, not while the line between Vode and Foe had yet to be revealed.

Rhys Swynol Rhys Swynol
p1UD36K.png

Rhys simply nodded his head slowly.

The stunned silence from the Mandalorian seemed to indicate that she had assumed he would not be one. It was a fair assumption since he was not in the armour and while he was a strong warrior, he never came across in the traditional Mandalorian style. Especially when he prides himself as a pirate over being a Mandalorian.

When the bounty chip slid his way, "Hmmmmmm...." Rhys took a look at it, "they could have at least used a picture of my good side. The angle is horrible in this one!" Rhys moaned as he frowned, completely unconcerned with the fact that he has a bounty on his head in the first place. More concerned with his appearance.

"One of those who wears armour all day, every day? I have to say, sex must be very awkward in the armour then. Very stiff movements." Rhys chuckled deeply, a dumb joke but he was non-traditional as a Mandalorian. "I'm a foundling. Was a fighter since 10, I think, till about 16 or 18. Mandalorian found me, got me out of the fighting pits, taught me some Mandalorian stuff till he died and been making my way ever since." Rhys stated honestly. Looking at the woman, "the beskar I got is beskar I found as a pirate and was forged by a Mandalorian on Kestri, home of the Enclave."

Taking a big sip of his drink, "I don't wear it all the time because I don't see the point. Especially when I want a nice, fun time, the armour intimidates people. Makes them think you are there on business to do harm to others. Take it off and people generally tend to feel more relaxed." Rhys pointed out, as he nodded around where there were others in the cantina more on edge, less relaxed now that Tae'l was here in her armour.

"I- That's different!" Tae'l would practically pout at the man's remarks.

"And I know Kestri." She shook her head, that final piece seeming like common knowledge to her. Although she had been gone long enough that she wouldn't have known if Kestri's influence had plummeted so far that people simply forgot. If that was true, than she didn't need to worry about anyone from her clan tracking her down. The idea was pleasing: To be a free woman at last.

Shame that her bounty would also be walking free today. She needed the money.

"Well, I was here on business..." Tae'l sighed at the man's reasoning, leaning back against the counter.

"See, I don't get it though. Why leave yourself unprotected just so some Aruetii can relax? Half these people here would shoot you without a second thought if it put a few credits in their pocket. I was would have, if you weren't Mandalorian"

Rhys Swynol Rhys Swynol
p1UD36K.png

Rhys snorted and chuckled deeply, "uh huh..." He could tell that he struck a nerve, "perhaps you can show me sometime how it is different." He winks to Tae'l flirtatiously.

Admiring the beautiful Mandalorian, Rhys finished his drink and order them a drink, "I think you need to remember one thing that differs for me compared to you." Rhys mentioned as he looked around the bar from his seat.

Breathing in deeply, "people near me and their will to fight and harm me diminishes greatly. I can also sense those who have a more negative mindset that I can't enjoy." Mentioning his abilities as a Zeltron, "I also trained many, many years wearing no armour. My reflexes and skills are not dependent on beskar, only amplified."

Looking back towards the Mandalorian, "might be something you could look into. If you are interested." He smirked widely.

"A warrior is more than his armor" She would nod in agreement to that at least, echoing the old phrase taught to her by a mentor long gone. It was also meant as a reminder to the Zeltron that he wasn't the only one trained for success. Hell, she had more training than the rest of her family.

Though nothing could prepare her for Zeltron antics, not even her time with Mattali Omenza.

"Down boy. You're not the first to try this, I know how that story goes.

You'll try to sweet talk me, try to get in my armor using your pheromones. But then you'll realize I'm more trouble than I'm worth and you'll leave... they always do"

There was a certain fatigue in her voice, as if she'd said it all before. Almost as much a statement of fact as it was a complaint.

But after a short pause, she actually laughed to herself
"Besides, I like men and women that are a little... scary. You said yourself, you're not here to intimidate" She teased

Rhys Swynol Rhys Swynol
p1UD36K.png

Chuckles deeply, "I think you got that the wrong way around. You ain't ready to handle this. I don't stick around much and I ain't looking to being tied down. I seek fun, excitement and danger." He winked to Tae'l, "probably why I got that bounty. Upset some rich idiot who didn't like the fact I stole their fortune and left them with memories that can never be matched." He snorted deeply.

Stretching his muscular figure, he shrugged, "just because I am not here to intimidate, doesn't mean I can't. If you are always intimidating and scary, you are then never scary for long. Why do we always have sayings along the lines of "when the calm, good guy gets angry, everyone should run"?" He looked over to her, "because the most terrifying types of people are the ones who know when to use intimidation and know how to control people."

He began drinking again, "also, you can't be a good pirate if you aren't scary. Comes part and parcel with the criminal lifestyle, right?" He looked over to her with a glint of dark mischievous glow in his eyes.

"I think you got that the wrong way around. You ain't ready to handle this. I don't stick around much and I ain't looking to being tied down. I seek fun, excitement and danger."

"You sound the same as I did, a few years ago."

Not that she didn't appreciate all three still, but things were different now. She didn't share that certain arrogance with him now that she might have as a teenager. Of course back then she took it to extremes that even this strange fellow would not, or so she suspected. Cranial cybernetics can be one hell of a drug.

"also, you can't be a good pirate if you aren't scary. Comes part and parcel with the criminal lifestyle, right?"

"Pirates..." She rolled her eyes, though he couldn't see. Frankly she had too many encounters with pirates recently, in fact she had half a mind to visit a certain pirate and ensure that none of his men would bother her ever again.

Actually, that gave her an idea...

"I don't see how you can lump words like "pirate" and "controlling" into the same sentence as "good guy", so I'm going to ask that we be honest with ourselves for a moment, yeah?"

She turns to Rhys, standing between him and his drink. She wanted to be sure he was paying attention for this.

"You're not the good guy here, but neither am I. We're both criminals, I just have a better legal team. We both want the next score.
Since I can't turn you in... Why don't you tell me about one of your pirate friends? I can make it worth both our time"

"In credits, before you get any ideas."

Rhys Swynol Rhys Swynol
p1UD36K.png

Tilting his head, "I never said I was a good guy. Think you misunderstood my meaning. I meant that knowing when to reveal how scary you can be, how angry you can get is terrifying to others than attempting to always being scary." Rhys attempted to rephrase what he was trying to get across to the other Mandalorian. "Good, bad, everyone is controlling. Just they use different terms and hide behind justices." Rhys argued, the Jedi had their Mind Tricks and so-called persuasion, but that was no less controlling than what he did and he was the one branded as a criminal.

"Better legal team huh?" Rhys chuckled deeply, "I've never been imprisoned, can you say the same? I'm sure we both had bounties on our head, and I was able to talk you from collecting mine. Think I got a better legal team than you and that legal team is me." Rhys winked and poked his tongue out at her. Rhys was comfortable and secure in his position, this made it easy to avoid facing consequences for his actions since few could ensure he was arrested and facing punishment. He had even confronted high ranking Jedi and walked away without facing punishment.

When asked about another pirate, information he would get paid for, Rhys shrugged, "your loss there. Information ain't cheap if you are paying credits and pay me up front half." Rhys set his terms, he was not giving information without any incentive and he needed to ensure he got something before being scammed.

She tapped her clawed fingers against the countertop while mulling it over.

This presented a new issue considering that she wouldn't get paid until the target was neutralized and in the contractor's hands, as was standard practice. It was born of a similar desire to keep the contractor from being scammed. In situations like the one she found herself, the hunter was expected to cover their own expenses until delivering on their end of the bargain, but for someone like Tae'l who was hard up on cash at the moment, it was easier said then done.

"We're... at an impasse then."

Tae'l cursed and turned away, eying up her drink that was still sitting there.

"I don't have that kinda money, man. This was supposed to be my big break! I shouldn't even be back on Tatooine right now"

She sounded more stressed than angered while snatching up her drink, tilting her helmet up just enough to knock back the spotchka in one go. Talking had never been Tael's strong suit, but it was apparent that the zeltron needed much more thorough convincing. Convincing she usually did at gunpoint, but considering she had no more intention of turning him in, she'd have to shake up the old routine. There was someone counting on her after all.

She sighed as the last of that drink disappeared.

"Think of it this way? My legal team Is The Guild. And according to the guild's creed, no hunter may interfere with another's hunt. If we do this as a team, we would both be considered hunters until our business has concluded, and so you would be entitled to half the bounty, which neither of us will see until after we kill or capture this guy. Not to mention that anyone trying to collect yours during our partnership could have their license revoked."

"And look,"
Tae'l brought her wrist-mounted holoprojector up, displaying a weequay pirate with a sizable bounty and a long list of crimes during his time as the second in command of a particularly vicious crew. Curiously though, his original captain was listed as captured already.

"This one's personal... fucker destroyed my ship, I'm still trying to replace it. I was hoping your bounty would get me enough to buy one and finally go home, but that plan's shot now. So if you can't trust me, can you at least trust that the desire for vengeance is stronger than the desire to scam you?"

Rhys Swynol Rhys Swynol
p1UD36K.png

Rhys clicked tongue when Tae'l stated that she couldn't afford his price for hiring. He leaned on the bar, clicking his neck slightly and listened to everything that she had to offer in terms of incentive for him to join her in her mission. Rhys was curious, she had been quick to drop the hunt for him when she found out he was a fellow Mandalorian and it seemed that was costing her a fair amount of credits. Part of him wanted to say that it's her loss and that he isn't seeking a job, but there was another part that didn't want to see another Mandalorian suffer. To be struggling, it was that honour instilled into him that bubbled to the surface. Living amongst the Enclave had changed him.

"Anyone hunting me would never get far, you know that." Rhys winked, he had prevented her attempts to capture him, he would prevent others who were less skilled with more ease. "However, I got a ship, you need one and one less pirate in the galaxy just means that I can profit more." Rhys chuckled as he looked over to the Twi'lek.

Noting that this pirate's captain was already captured, Rhys quirked an eyebrow, "caught the captain but he slipped away, huh? Nothing something that you usually see." Rhys tapped on the bar slowly, "destroyed your ship too? Well luckily the Milwr Bach can take a decent amount of hits no issue. So he shouldn't get two ships to his name." Rhys commented as he was curious about how dangerous this guy would truly be. Weequay were notorious pirates but they weren't always the smartest of people.

"My ship is in the dock and my armour is in there too." Rhys mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom