Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Star Wars Outlaws

I must admit, I am looking forward to getting my hands on this game.

While Open-World Games aren't everyone's cup of tea, I enjoy them. Ubisoft does have the potential to screw this up, so I'm not going in with unrealistic expectations; however, being a Star Wars game, I am hopeful, and the exploration of the planets available at launch is exciting.

Given the internet and the way things go these days, there's a lot of controversy but I don't feel my experience will be as negative as critics have been of this title so far. Like many of us here, I can't help but adore Star Wars. I loved both Fallen Order and Jedi Survivor regardless of their setbacks at launch, and the recent Avatar Game impressed me too.

How are others feeling? Has the controversy of reviews and criticisms left a sour taste in your mouth? Are you like me and feeling excited for this one?

How does Chaos feel about Outlaws, which is due to be released in 9 days (6 if you get the early access)?

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
The early looks at it were a little rough. The story is what will be important in the end and if it is gripping so graphically it can be a little meh. The price is the big factor and it is a wait and get on sale. I'll watch reviews of it and see if it is alright but it just doesn't look essential to get day one. If I want to make tech from it I can just read the wookie article for it and see what new things it adds if anything to the game and go from there.

I don’t game, but if I did, I would buy it. It looks pretty similar to Uncharted but set in the SW universe, which is my cup of tea. Uncharted is probably the last game I played all the way through, maybe Halo 2. From the early cinematics and gameplay trailers, this basically looks like Pal Veda from 15 years ago (except female).

Tides of Change
I'm always that guy who loves the games everyone else hates - Halo Infinite, Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, Call of Duty: Vanguard... the list goes on. I've preordered every Star Wars title since EA's Battlefront (2015), sans Squadrons because I don't care for flying games, and I've not been disappointed yet. I may do an early access stream over Discord on Tuesday; my preorder gives me three days head start :)

I'm always that guy who loves the games everyone else hates - Halo Infinite, Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, Call of Duty: Vanguard... the list goes on. I've preordered every Star Wars title since EA's Battlefront (2015), sans Squadrons because I don't care for flying games, and I've not been disappointed yet. I may do an early access stream over Discord on Tuesday; my preorder gives me three days head start :)

I, like you, preordered Star Wars Outlaws and fully intend to enjoy it.

As a Star Wars fan, I can't help but be hopeful. While I don't expect it to be a perfect 10/10, I've always enjoyed games like Far Cry and Assassin's Creed, despite their flaws. Ubisoft's track record isn't the best, and they've mishandled some promising titles in the past. Star Wars Outlaws is already stirring up controversy online, and opinions are sharply divided, which is understandable.

Still, I'm hoping for a pleasant surprise while keeping my expectations realistic. I'm just excited we're getting another Star Wars game, and I'm counting down the 20 hours until it launches here in New Zealand!

I don't get pre-ordering games that are mostly digital.

Especially from Ubisoft.

And especially when the game looks like crap.

I hope it doesn't suck, for your sake, but man, does it look like it sucks. We traded 1313 for this???? Uncharted Star Wars for... Ubisoft open-world tower-climbing???????

So did anyone get it on PS5?

I did, yeah.

I've been playing on performance, and for the most part, it plays well. Keep in mind that I'm not a stickler for maximum performance, but there are times when the foliage can appear pixelated, usually when there's a lot going on. It's not game-breaking, but it is noticeable. Also, transitioning from ground to space, you can see some black pixels briefly appear while it loads. It is shortlived, but it does affect the immersion for a time.

Beyond that, I've travelled to a second planet but have mostly focused on the first. What I've played so far has been enjoyable, and I'm glad I bought the title. It's been a fun way to explore the Star Wars universe outside of the typical Jedi/Sith (my favourite) stuff.

Been playing outlaws over the past few days, honestly most of the gripes online are not justified. I'm playing on Xbox and haven't really seen any technical or graphics issues. Graphics are solid, gameplay is solid. I know some folks have complained about the AI, i have not seen any issues with that either.

The couple of issues I do have are really more game mechanic than anything. I wrapped the complaints in a spoiler just in case but i am not spoiling anything, I know some people just don't like details period. I will say $70 for the base game is not justified with the quality of the game, its good but not great. I would spend $70 for Fallen Order, Jedi Survivor or Ghosts of Tsushima. This I would wait for a sale personally.

• Climbing will sometimes glitch and you will jump off rather than finishing a climb, this seems like an animation bug more than anything.
  • Being able to pick up and use other weapons is great but being forced to drop them even if going up a ladder is highly annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom