Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Stomachs A-Growlin'

"I believe the correct term is manure, Colette. And who said I was going to be getting any kind of cats? Dogs are so much better. With their...fur. And their slobber...and their...barking. Yeah. Totally better. Totally."

Shan chuckled at that, shaking his head as he closed his eyes, resting his head atop of Colette's.

"You're right though. I'd miss you. More than I could probably imagine at the end of the day."

Colette Colette

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

"Hey, if you don't love all parts of the dog — don't get a dog." Colette said and nodded. "Buuuu-ut…"

"I'd miss you too."

She let in a deep breath and turned her attention towards the documentary again with a content sigh. Or about as content as one could be given what the mood had been less than five minutes ago.

"Their large tail fins serve as excellent warnings to any would be tourist boats, or in some cases…" The documentarian's voice paused for comedic effect as the camera cut to a zoom onto the cutest seal Colette had ever seen. "As a means of mischief." They continued and the camera switched to a wide view as the whale used its fin to throw the unaware seal several feet into the air accompanied by a small whistle as it went.

"That's so cruel." Colette frowned. "That poor baby."

"Who ever said I like dogs? They're gross, dirty little things that get fur and mud all over the place."

Shan smirked, teasing once again as he turned his attention to the documentary, watching the Seal suddenly go flying up into the air and then crashing back down to the water. Whilst Colette frowned and said how cruel it was, Shan didn't seem to react that much. It was to be expected. For them to assign stuff like cruelty to animals...Well...It was just not natural.

Though her last comment about the seal, caused Shan to go down a rabbit hole of thoughts. Poor Baby...Baby...He wanted a house where everyone could stay...Maybe he could start up an orphanage. Would that work? It would be a lot of effort...and he'd need to do a lot of saving up to make sure there were proper staff...Plus he'd have to be careful about publicity since people might look at the orphanage strangely if they knew it was being ran by a Jedi...Wait no. Don't focus on that. Focus on Colette.

"...I'm sure the Seal ended up being fine, don't worry hun."

Colette Colette

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

"I hope so."

And almost as if on cue, a second whale type emerged from the water to take a chunk off the seal's body and tear it apart violently before diving back under the water again to munch down on the piece it got.

"That's… Terrifying." She mumbled and grimaced. "At least on solid ground they'd only have a single way to attack us, and most of them we'd have ways to see them and chase them away."

And there she went and reminded herself of life on the road again. She pushed the memories away despite the smile it spread on her lips. The idea of having a settled home would most likely always be difficult for Colette. There was no greater joy to her than merely existing and 'subsisting' with nothing more than her mind and body.

"I wonder if that's the kind of philosophy the Sith live with." Colette thought out loud. "Can someone be violent by nature as a fully-aware individual?"

"Our brains and minds are what separates us from animals. There is no right and wrong in nature, only survival. But we, as people, always have the choice to do the right thing and the wrong thing. Like, our survival is made a lot easier because we can think differently."

"... I think about this a lot when I mediate."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom