Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Ten-Thousand Leagues | TAC Dominion of Krinemonen III

Krinemonen III
Tags: Braze Braze

gL8XrwM.png

"Vocoder," Rayne answered plainly, gesturing to the divice on her hip. "I lost it last time we met... Sorry about that."

A bashful smile and a slight blush of embarrassment came to her cheeks. She wasn't always the greatest at being social, so it was kind of awkward to explain this in a later meeting. Rayne got herself up, trying her best to wring out her baggy hakama pants and not getting much of anywhere. She let out a mute sigh, her Lekku twitching a bit in frustration. As the subject switched to old tech, however, her attitude shifted back to be more positive.

"Old stuff isn't just nostalgic," the young scrapper noted with a thoughtful nod of her head. "Sometimes its even better than our own current technology. The Gree Enclave is one such hyper-advanced civilization from the ancient times before the plague. Their hypergates that they used to teleport are all over the galaxy, and one is just nearby. Any old tech like that can be made into something new and useful."

Rayne crossed her arms as the tall woman looked down at the Echani boy. He seemed... different. More mellow? It was hard to say. It probably wasn't best to pry, since she wasn't really her place. Perhaps some time to mature was all it was.

"Don't need a lift. My ship is nearby. Just out on a scrapping run." Rayne gave a slight tilt of her head, the vocoder relaying the words she gave it through the Force. "How about yourself? Come out here for a swim?"

Last edited:

Braze watched her fuss with her hakama and stifled a giggle.

"Hmnn... I wonder what you would make new out of a hypergate," Braze thought aloud, tilting his head gently at what he heard her little device say next.

"I wanted to explore the planet a little... get lost in the wonder of new and exciting sights, you know?" Braze asked. "If you like tech, then you might really like my friend who's just outside. He's practically made from tech," Braze offered softly. He rubbed his eyes before standing up, stretching out, raising his fists to the sky, and arching his back. He had a brace on his left arm that she hadn't seen before, probably looking like some odd kind of tech since it was pretty much an exoskeleton over the arm.

"I don't think I want to go in the water if there are big monsters in it wanting to eat me... I probably wouldn't survive,"
he added lightly, perhps realizing yet again just how fragile hewas with out use of the force.

See with eyes unclouded by hate

YYxpgMj.png
Objective: I, Come Along With Me
Tag(s): Loomi Loomi | Iris Arani Iris Arani | Balun Dashiell Balun Dashiell

aD0YNwh.png
"Hello. Your friend seems sick. Do they need help?"

“I…” He let out a sigh, he’d just told the Loomi that he was fine, just a bit nauseous was all. Was he so terrible looking that even when covered head to toe he looked deathly ill to these people. Fortunately Loomi explained how he was feeling well enough to the woman. They also seemed to empathize with him being a lousy swimmer. But for Loomi it seemed more like a physical hurdle. He couldn't imagine that having such weighted legs would be terrible in deep water.

Loomi seemed to recognize the woman, yet it did not seem mutual for ‘Miss Iris’. He did find it a little amusing however that the butterfly girl seemed to struggle over his occupation. “I’m a Warden of the Sky. Not quite a cop, although I guess we tend to fight against similar people.” A’Runda was sometimes likened to a bounty hunter though. Considering that bounties could offer a vagabond like himself a good pointer as to where he might want to bring his attention to. Still though A'Runda didn't quite operate with the same level of subtlety as other Warden's of the Sky. As he took a more active roll in combating interstellar injustice instead of whenever it happened to come his way

Krinemonen III

gL8XrwM.png

"If you like tech, then you might really like my friend who's just outside. He's practically made from tech,"

Oh. A cyborg, or something different? Braze made it sound like they weren't exactly organic either. She quickly brushed the thought aside as Braze lamented being far too weak to take on whatever was down there. A gentle frown came to the young woman's face, Rayne becoming rather sympathetic towards his plight.

She knew what it was like to feel useless or weak. In learning to stand on her own two feet, Rayne also began to understand more and more what she just couldn't do.

"It's not all bad. That stuff isn't going anywhere," she noted. "If proper time is taken to prepare the right equipment, I'm certain that the depths could be explored. I don-don-don-"

The Twi'lek sighed, pulling the vocoder off of her waist and giving the device a whack. The loop was broken pretty quickly, though her Lekku seemed to twitch in frustration about the situation. She returned the vocoder to her belt, giving a more awkward expression.

"Sorry about that," Rayne apologized. "Dropped the thing a few days ago. It gets jammed every now and again. I need to find myself a new one."

Oh great, what had she even been saying before this? Rayne had completely lost her train of thought.

"Hey, I had an idea," she began again. "I've got something I've been building that might help with the beastie. Do you and your mechanical friend wanna tag along and help me finish it?"

FmQmDzB.png

The odd colors that made up her Keshain eyes scanned and looked, constantly flicking about as she seemed to be looking around, even through the other two she was speaking with. In reality she was just observing their colors, their emotions and how they affected the Force. Actual eye contact, though? None whatsoever. She was as she always would be, very much in the rules of her own world.

"This place doesn't rock with the sea, it's not sea sickness. Uncomfortableness with the ocean, deep waters perhaps? Or just.. Any bodies of water?" She was asking them aloud, but the answers would come in quiet. The colors, emotion, revealed all she'd need. Domxite though hopped from her shoulder to stand closer to Loomi. A wave of emotion echoed out. Curiosity, joy, peace, comfortableness. It was the only way the Rainbow Gem could actually speak, after all.

Loomi Loomi | A'Runda A'Runda

Braze suppressed a giggle as he watched her handle her little device's malfunction.

"I'd be happy to help you. Aether!" Braze called out with a hint of enthusiasm. "I hope you're up for building... something!" He paused and turned back to her, his curiosity piqued. "What kind of something is it?" he asked, his mind racing with the possibilities. "And what kind of beast did you see down there?"

Braze's thoughts wandered as he waited for her response. Did the creature have tentacles like the ones he'd read about in ancient texts? Or maybe it had glowing eyes that pierced through the murky depths? He couldn't help but wonder if it had scales that shimmered like precious gems or a roar that could shake the ocean floor.

"Did it have massive fins or a tail that could crush a ship?" Braze speculated aloud, his excitement growing. "Or maybe it had multiple heads?"

Krinemonen III
Tags: Iris Arani Iris Arani , A'Runda A'Runda

Fj8rIWR.png

"This place doesn't rock with the sea, it's not sea sickness. Uncomfortableness with the ocean, deep waters perhaps? Or just.. Any bodies of water?"

Oh. That probably made more sense.

Loomi watched as the BB unit with the Force sensitive within it hopped down from Iris's shoulder and came up to her, emitting a wide array of emotions. Was this... communication? She had never felt emotions be used in such a deliberate way before. There was clearly something she still needed to learn about in regards to feeling through the Force.

"They're curious," Loomi noted, glancing back up to Iris. "What are they curious about?"

Right. She was curious about things too.

"Why'd you come out here, by the way?" the Godoan asked. "Did you come to help free people from the Sith and the Empire? That's what a lot of Jedi seem to be doing."

Master Kai'el in particular leading the charge on that front. She turned her head back to A'Runda, a curious expression on her face.

"Do the Wardens of the Sky have a boss that sent you here?"

Hurikane

gL8XrwM.png

"Well, the long and short of it is that I'm making a big tranquilizer gun," Rayne noted. "The projectile is rather... large, however, so conventional means don't seem to be effective underwater. I'm thinking a missile platform would do the trick far better. As for the beast, I'm pretty sure it's an Opee Sea Killer. Big, but not overly. Unfortunately..."

Rayne gestured back to the small size of the entryway, the dilapidated staircase that served as the gateway into the abyss. There was no way a submersible was going to fit through there. They would need to find another entrance if they wanted a bigger ship.

"I don't thing we're fitting a ship through there."

Braze, having been quietly contemplating the situation for a few long moments, finally spoke up. "Have you thought about using a mechanism similar to a harpoon gun?" he suggested. "Harpoon guns are designed to work underwater and can deliver a powerful, precise shot. We could modify the design to accommodate your larger tranquilizer projectile. Harpoon guns use compressed gas or a spring mechanism to launch the harpoon," Braze explained.

"We could adapt this to launch the tranquilizer dart. A gas-powered system might be best for the force we need. We could also add stabilization fins to the dart to ensure it travels straight and true underwater. "

rohesia-divider.png

YYxpgMj.png

A blonde woman stood in the crowd, a bluish footman droid of Kalevalan make standing dutifully beside her, as Commander Fynch's powerful voice echoed through the assembly. She was dressed in white garments, with a pendant not unlike a Mandalorian ka'rta. Each call for warriors and soldiers made her heart clench, and she felt the weight of the upcoming conflict bearing down on her. She listened carefully, her mind racing with thoughts and concerns. As Fynch concluded his rousing speech, Rohesia stepped forward, her presence commanding attention.

"Commander Fynch...I am Rohesia Munin," she began, her voice carrying a tone of resolve, "Your call to arms is clear, but I must ask, what will become of those torn apart by the battles you seek to wage? The innocents who will inevitably be caught in the crossfire...how will you address their suffering and displacement?"

Her eyes scanned the crowd, noticing the various peoples gathered there. Some regular spacers. Some military from local states. She could even spot a few who appeared to be some type of Jedi.

Taking a deep breath, she continued, "I do not deny that the galaxy cannot continue to live under the shadow of tyrants like the Dark Empire. We must fight against oppression and fear. However, we need shields just as much as you call for swords. I wish to help you with this."

Rohesia's words hung in the air, allowing her words to set in. She only hoped that they would be listened to. So many times in her young life did her call for peace fall on apathetic ears. Perhaps because it was because she was so youthful. Perhaps it was because she was dar'manda. She had heard all the bigotry and dismissal before. She would not be undeterred here.

Last edited:

YYxpgMj.png

Krinemomen III
Tags: Rohesia Munin Rohesia Munin
GrgJMvF.png

Lothal Protectorate

"Your call to arms is clear, but I must ask, what will become of those torn apart by the battles you seek to wage? The innocents who will inevitably be caught in the crossfire...how will you address their suffering and displacement?"

"I'm not a warlord," Fynch stated, direct but polite. "I have been transparent since the beginning of this movement that I have lost my planet. Lothal was once under my gaze, now set ablaze and left in shackles. I understand well enough the value of reconstruction. When war inevitably comes to free my people from their bonds, resources will be necessary to rebuild and continue forward. The same remains true for all here who find their planets under the thumb of an oppressor. This is not a call to burn the galaxy. This is a fight to return the light of civilization to our homes. Dismay violence and keep it in check, but do not mistake those who share your vision as those who walk the path of their conquerors."

He knew the inevitability of a nation dedicated to total peace. All such things were destined to fall, one way or another. To ensure the freedom of those amidst them, the Tingel Arm Coalition needed to fight. This was the only way to fend off Imperial occupation. There was always a cost. Fynch was happy to meet it with his own life if it meant he could liberate those under the boot of tyranny.

Yet even so...

"Reconstruction will come from Imperial coffers and donation from allies of the movement," he insisted, "Yet even so, I am open to the guidance of those who wish to see recovery on the other side of this movement. I will, however, make it clear that I have no intentions to make peace with tyranny. Leave any plans for suing for peace by your nightstand when you've gathered your thoughts on the best path forward in regards to mitigating the cost of conflict. My office remains open."

The fire of youth burned bright in the young woman, but they could not bow to evil...

Lest it bite their head.

Krinemonen III

gL8XrwM.png

"We could adapt this to launch the tranquilizer dart. A gas-powered system might be best for the force we need. We could also add stabilization fins to the dart to ensure it travels straight and true underwater. "

"Smart cookie," Rayne noted with a nod. "You're hired."

Rayne took a moment to smooth the wrinkles in her clothes before striding out of the stairwell, gesturing for the boy to follow her with a dip of her head. As she passed the mechanical one, the friend of Braze she assumed, Rayne gave him a wave of her hand to signal for him to follow as well.

"Come along, friend of Braze," she addressed him with her vocoder as she passed. "Your assistance for creating equipment is required."

They'd just need to head up to the Hera.

Braze visibly brightened when she complimented him and padded after her. His once sluggish steps now held a hint of renewed energy.

"Yeah, come help us build a big weapon, Aether!"
Braze chirped excitedly, his voice carrying a spark of his old enthusiasm.

Aether watched the Twi'lek lady curiously as his photoreceptors adjusted.

"Oh... Are you aware that your visage is wanted by a cult on the Holonet?" Aether asked lightly, his tone almost casual as he followed the pair.

"What kind of weapon are you two planning on making?" Aether asked, his photoreceptors whirring softly.

"A maaaaasive harpoon!"
Braze chirped, his eyes lighting up with excitement. "To kill the nasty sea beasties below."

Aether's interest was piqued. "A harpoon, you say? What's so special about it?"

Braze's enthusiasm was practically bubbling over as he explained. "This one's going to be huge, with an advanced targeting system. The sea creatures on Krinemonen III are tough, and we need something that can strike with precision and power."

Krinemonen III

gL8XrwM.png

"Oh... Are you aware that your visage is wanted by a cult on the Holonet?"

"Being tall isn't that weird," she noted with a pout. "Uh, regardless, if we wish to recover tech from the depths we need to subdue a sea monster. I may have... borrowed tranquilizers from a Hutt safari vessel I invited myself onto, not that I imagine you all have qualms about the upholding of cartel laws."

They used them to hunt down giant endangered beasts for their arenas. Vile, really, so re-appropriating the tech was her way of serving out a little bit of justice. Even if it wasn't much. Something was better than nothing, right?

"You all have a ship lying around?" Rayne asked through her vocoder. "My main one is up there, in orbit."

She didn't have enough space on her dinky starfighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom