Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply That Business on Cato Neimoidia

cato_neimoidia_by_davidratajczak-d715g7d.jpg

THAT BUSINESS ON CATO NEIMOIDIA
vKSkm56.png

Senator Lodd Grimmin found himself in a moment of blissful retreat as he reclined with contentment on the Mechno-chair.

The luxury piece of mechanical furniture gracefully carried him down the steps of the inner palace courtyard, a small spectacle of grandeur that befitted his status within the realm of galactic commerce.

Situated within the majestic confines of the Aqch-Tu Palace on Cato Neimoidia, this lavish residence had been generously bestowed upon him by the benevolent Trade Monarch, a token of appreciation for his unwavering dedication and service to their shared cause.

This tranquil sanctuary provided the Senator with a rare opportunity to retreat from the cutthroat nature of Federal Assembly politics.

Amidst the lavish surroundings filled with luxury and extravagance, he found a brief respite from the responsibilities of leadership, allowing himself to fully appreciate the abundant rewards of his influential position within the Trade Federation of Planets.

As the Mechno-chair descended with a smooth grace onto the marble tiles, it allowed him to bask in the great sky lines of the various bridge-cities and be glad that the Planet of Cato Neimoidia was far away from the squabbles between the Galactic Alliance and the Dark Empire.

"Senator, there is a visitor to see you."

The tranquility was interrupted by the sound of a protocol droid's voice, with Lodd offering them a soft snear. But decided to let the individual pass through the palace's security systems and formidable battle droids, ensuring his protection.

"Tell them I am in the inner courtyard." Lodd explained, with a wave of his hand as the protocol droid disappeared.

Last edited:
better run better run
The captain, sauntering into the courtyard in his patched-up flight suit and deathstick stinking up the air, was a blemish on the palace. He was out of place. He walked like he didn't know it, smuggler swagger carrying him to the waiting Neimoidian. He took a drag from his deathstick, then dropped it on the ground and stamped it out. Time for business. "Grimmin," he greeted.

His dealings with the Trade Federation were few and far between, but he wasn't foolish enough to cross them. Express deliveries, discreet and no-questions-asked -- those were his specialty, and for the Federation he carried their cargo faster than any crew this side of the Hydian. For a price appropriate to the Federation's pedigree, of course.

But this was an upgrade. Dealing with their representative... this was the big kahuna.

He rubbed his chin.
"Nice chair."

vKSkm56.png

The Neimoidian felt a sense of relief as the individual walked around the corner, entering into the Inner Courtyard of the Palace. He had anticipated the arrival of either a fellow colleague from the Federal Assembly or envoys from foreign powers, who would attempt to convince the Federation to adopt their differing perspectives on contentious issues happening around the galaxy such as the Federation Blockade around the Empire of the Lost.

The person's identity nearly escaped his memory, yet the distinctive flight suit adorned with a signature emblem and the constant aroma of death sticks served as a vivid reminder of one particular individual within the Federation's service records.

Captain Enki Rak Enki Rak , a skilled individual, had undertaken numerous cargo missions for the Federation in situations where the larger lucrehulk freighters were incapable of proceeding.

"Thank you, Captain. It is one of the luxuries enjoyed by those in high society." He explained, moving the Mechno-chair forward with a press of a button.

The Captain was likely more accustomed to handling the underprivileged individuals of the Federation, those neimoidians who were deemed unfit to hold higher positions within the organization.

"I take it you aren't here merely for casual conversation?" A further question, but one of importance.

better run better run
"If I had the privilege to talk casual with you, I wouldn't need to talk business with no one. I'd piss around on a chair like that all day." He shrugged. "It is what it is.

"But let's talk business. Big Senate hubbub right now, big movements, you know. Security's tight in some ways and lax in others. I'm here to throw my hat in, on behalf of your Trade Federation. The war's coming to Coruscant and you gotta stay liquid. I'll help you.

"Boots on the ground. Acquisitions. Moving anything to and from. Quiet, no questions asked, as per usual. In exchange, all I'll need is Common Soldier Corps approvals. My crew and I ain't citizens. If we were, we'd probably be in jail. Just want something to smooth our rides in."

vKSkm56.png

The Captain's bluntness was met with a mere nod from the Neimoidian, who refrained from blaming him for his foul mood. It was understandable, considering the Captain probably didn't have the luxury of a seven-figure salary or extravagant accommodations and provisions across the galaxy, like the Senator enjoyed on a daily basis.

He was unable to leisurely sit in a Mechno-chair, gazing up at the sky like Lodd was doing, while the automated credit markets in the palace brought him substantial wealth by the minute.

Lodd attentively listened as Enki Rak Enki Rak presented a series of intriguing requests to the Trade Federation, such requests could be effortlessly fulfilled due to their significant influence within the Federal Assembly and the Galactic Alliance.

"I can assure you that fulfilling such requests is well within my capabilities. Entering the Alliance Database under the Common Soldiers Act should pose no issue for you, as we are prepared to offer cover identities in the event that you encounter any challenges while arriving in such ah... potential warzone."

Lodd elaborated, summoning a servant droid to provide him with a glass of wine, a high-end variety hailing from Coruscant. Although now that he thought about it, he could have the Captain do something else for him.

"Tell me, Dear Captain. Do you often travel through the Slice Region?"

Last edited:
better run better run
Wouldn't be Trade Fed if there wasn't more work available. Honestly, he'd had half a mind to wait around until Grimmin said he'd pay him to do something.

"'Course." He scratched his nose. "I got business across the galaxy. Sith and Imperials moving north and south, there's a ton of new business through the Slice. Plus, it's the least secure border for the Alliance, though I don't cross often."

vKSkm56.png

"The exact response that I was looking for, Captain." The Neimoidian Senator, said in a delightful tone, casually sipping on the cool wine, its refreshing flavor soothing his rather parched throat.

Considering the Captain's presumed knowledge of the Slice Region, the Senator envisioned him as the perfect fit for the job, one of vital importance to the Trade Federation and the type of job that would pay extremely well.

"There is an individual of great importance to the Trade Federation that needs to be tracked down, one Captain Dant Zeerno Dant Zeerno of Zeerno Tetha. He made an attempt on my life recently, prompting me to request reconnaissance from you or your contacts to locate him. I am aware that he has an impressive compound within the area." Lodd elucidated to Enki Rak Enki Rak , displaying a sneer. The Skakoan had desired to engage in business dealings with the Trade Federation, and they had made some, but they would still face repercussions from the Trade Federation.

"If you can track the individual down, there is well over 5 million Alliance Credits or Trade Federation Credits within my purse if you desire a more neutral currency." Such an extensive reward would allow anyone to live luxuriously for several years, given the current strength of the Alliance Credit.

better run better run
A test? No, a full job. And with millions like that... an expansion of his crew might be in order. He'd heard the name Zeerno before; he doubted it'd be difficult to find the man. Permanent bases, like fleets, needed certain supplies and movements to stay operational.

Of course, if that was the offer, there was clearly room for some negotiation.

"Make it seven. I'll take Fed creds, since I'm sure this'll be a long and productive relationship. I'll take two in advance for overhead. And I'll do more than find him -- I'm sure a report on his business is in order. Won't be a problem, big boss."

vKSkm56.png

"Seven million Trade Federation Credits!" Lodd expressed astonishment at the Captain's request for a significant raise for a basic reconnaissance mission, pressing his lips tightly together as he pondered the situation.

The previously promised sum of five million was deemed sufficient to secure a comfortable future for an individual, yet the Captain audaciously demanded additional funds to track down Dant Zeerno on behalf of the Trade Federation. Upon further reflection, it became apparent that this request was actually more cost-effective than deploying their entire fleet of battleships to scour the region.

The Neimoidian averted his gaze towards the towering-bridge cities in the distance, momentarily captivated by their grandeur, before redirecting his attention towards the man. In addition to locating the individual, Enki Rak Enki Rak had made an additional commitment to provide a comprehensive account of his business undertakings within the Slice Region.

"I am willing to offer up to six million credits for this mission, and I am prepared to provide you with three million upfront to cover any costs and overhead expenses. In the event that the individual encounters an accident while you are in the process of locating him, I will provide you with an extra sum of 2 million. "

better run better run
"I'm no assassin. But, you know what they say about accidents." He rubbed his chin. So this was it -- the big break. He wasn't a fan of being contracted in this particular way; in most situations if he didn't deliver, he wouldn't face much consequences. Not like his clients could shoot him. He had their guns.

But for six million credits, he could be made flexible.

He horked into his hand, gave it a quick shake, then stuck his hand up to the Neimoidian to seal the deal.

"I'll speak to your requisitions officer before I head out. With your generous contribution to this operation, might as well reinvest. The latest commando droid model sounds good."

vKSkm56.png

"Most satisfactory, Captain."

The Neimoidian said towards Enki Rak Enki Rak , shaking his hand as well to seal the deal between them.

With the Captain's potential discovery of the Skakoan's hideout, the Trade Federation would finally be able to seek vengeance against the individual who had held the Senator captive on board his yacht for some forced negotiations.

Even if the captain was to fail in the assigned mission, then the Federation would have more time to send out probe droids across the Slice Region to gather valuable information and possibly uncover new leads that would lead them to the capture and elimination of the elusive Skakoan.

He watched Enki Rak Enki Rak leave the palace courtyard to speak with the paymaster inside for the agreed upon sum of six million credits.

LAST POST

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom