Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The Frozen Knight's Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar Wulfe

R
LOL I edited to make it look and feel epic while listening to some celtic music, and a note, I may make a Dathomir clan called the Frostborn Wolf Clan when I can

Ragnar Wulfe

R
Well, I can hardly wait, and my Frostborn Wolf idea got shot down, so bumping for the moment

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Please don't bump. The Factory forum isn't THAT active. The next post you make on this thread should be a notice that you have made substantial progress in fleshing out your submission, to the point where you're ready for us to make a judgment.

Ragnar Wulfe

R
Sorry that this post is not what you intended, but a few things i feel like saying outside of a PM.

I waited about 5 hours before bumping, so I'm at least getting better on patience.

If you looked at it, it's no longer the basic little thing I originally thought of it, as you guys asked me to say what made it special and before listening to what I now dub Ragnar's theme, I couldn't get much thought done, but now, I made a major edit as you could see on the post before the bump you replied to.

I know it's not THAT active, but I still am working on my patience, while trying to think of a backstory for Ragnar, which seems to be going nowhere right now. Keep this a work in progress, but say what you think of my drastic edit please, I don't really care when you do it as long as it's said.

Hello! To start, I really appreciate your enthusiasm. Shows that you really want to get started, but we can only work at so quick a speed. This is a hobby for all of us, typically once one RPJ picks up a tech submission the others let them handle it. So, sadly you end up being at the mercy of their schedule, and they want to RP as well. We will try and be on top of submissions as much as possible in order to make your experience as pleasant as possible.

Okay, so I've read through this discussion and here are some things that might help you. This is a quick resource for the lightsaber resistant materials in SW: link. Something to think about though as you look at this is that all these metals are resistant, not impervious. Typically they wear down against repeated lightsaber use. So really measure what you choose. Also, these metals are typically rather rare, especially on a backwater planet like Dathomir.

I also noticed that you intend to have it imbued. Very frequently we are willing to approve something with a future act already done. Perhaps, it might help us in the process if you show us what we are ultimately going to actually be approving. How is it going to be imbued? What will that mean? It seems to me, and I could be wrong, that at this moment you aren't entirely sure of that yourself. So imagine our difficulty trying to gauge whether or not this is something that we can in good conscious approve? And we do want to approve your request, we don't get some sort of weird joy out of denying people. We want to help you make something good, that you are happy with, fits within SW, and is good for the board :)

As a reminder, we are not here to ruin your day or stomp on your creativity. Honestly, our chief goal is to try and enhance your experience, and sometimes that involves us saying that you need to think about it a little more. That's not an insult, that is us trying to help you. Really hashing out an idea and getting it completely done is always way more rewarding than a rushed thing.

So things I personally would like to see:
1) The material, I provided a list
2) What the imbuement is going to be.
3) Something to tie into the story of the character
4) I'm intrigued as to why it is cold always. What's up with that? This could have to do with 2.
5) I'd like it if you just said it is never going to be mass produced. It is cleaner. I don't want to approve some unique item that has some cool flair to suddenly see every which have one. Hyperbole but you get the point.
6) Also, what is going on with the kilo of melted ice (that's water... so what?) and blood on it. That is... really peculiar to me. Furthermore...
7) For a fun fact, your sword can be WAY lighter. Checked wiki that they usually weighed 3.2 kg tops. THEN AGAIN, I think that a Zweihander is not actually what you are looking for, cause they are significantly thinner than the swords Seigfried uses. Switching to numbers of a Claymore might be more appropriate and even then you are looking at not that much more weight. So that should be a happy change.

I apologize if this seems overbearing. I just want to aid you in making something you will be really happy with that isn't just some cool looking sword. :) Also, to give an example of why I would to see the imbued form of this. Once upon a time at another board we had no system like this, and we had a guy make a sword that I kid you not absorbed the force. Now obviously that is problematic. Now, I do not think that you would do that, but I also don't know what you are going to do with this once it is approved. So yeah, since I don't know where you are going with this, I do not know if it'll be something neat and unique or something gamebreaking.

Ragnar Wulfe

R
Now THIS is a response.

Selena Halcyon said:
Hello! To start, I really appreciate your enthusiasm. Shows that you really want to get started, but we can only work at so quick a speed. This is a hobby for all of us, typically once one RPJ picks up a tech submission the others let them handle it. So, sadly you end up being at the mercy of their schedule, and they want to RP as well. We will try and be on top of submissions as much as possible in order to make your experience as pleasant as possible.

Okay, so I've read through this discussion and here are some things that might help you. This is a quick resource for the lightsaber resistant materials in SW: link. Something to think about though as you look at this is that all these metals are resistant, not impervious. Typically they wear down against repeated lightsaber use. So really measure what you choose. Also, these metals are typically rather rare, especially on a backwater planet like Dathomir.

I also noticed that you intend to have it imbued. Very frequently we are willing to approve something with a future act already done. Perhaps, it might help us in the process if you show us what we are ultimately going to actually be approving. How is it going to be imbued? What will that mean? It seems to me, and I could be wrong, that at this moment you aren't entirely sure of that yourself. So imagine our difficulty trying to gauge whether or not this is something that we can in good conscious approve? And we do want to approve your request, we don't get some sort of weird joy out of denying people. We want to help you make something good, that you are happy with, fits within SW, and is good for the board :)

As a reminder, we are not here to ruin your day or stomp on your creativity. Honestly, our chief goal is to try and enhance your experience, and sometimes that involves us saying that you need to think about it a little more. That's not an insult, that is us trying to help you. Really hashing out an idea and getting it completely done is always way more rewarding than a rushed thing.

So things I personally would like to see:
1) The material, I provided a list
2) What the imbuement is going to be.
3) Something to tie into the story of the character
4) I'm intrigued as to why it is cold always. What's up with that? This could have to do with 2.
5) I'd like it if you just said it is never going to be mass produced. It is cleaner. I don't want to approve some unique item that has some cool flair to suddenly see every which have one. Hyperbole but you get the point.
6) Also, what is going on with the kilo of melted ice (that's water... so what?) and blood on it. That is... really peculiar to me. Furthermore...
7) For a fun fact, your sword can be WAY lighter. Checked wiki that they usually weighed 3.2 kg tops. THEN AGAIN, I think that a Zweihander is not actually what you are looking for, cause they are significantly thinner than the swords Seigfried uses. Switching to numbers of a Claymore might be more appropriate and even then you are looking at not that much more weight. So that should be a happy change.

I apologize if this seems overbearing. I just want to aid you in making something you will be really happy with that isn't just some cool looking sword. :) Also, to give an example of why I would to see the imbued form of this. Once upon a time at another board we had no system like this, and we had a guy make a sword that I kid you not absorbed the force. Now obviously that is problematic. Now, I do not think that you would do that, but I also don't know what you are going to do with this once it is approved. So yeah, since I don't know where you are going with this, I do not know if it'll be something neat and unique or something gamebreaking.
1. It's steel, I pictured it being a cold iron type though, but seeing as it doesn't exactly exist in Star Wars, I'm going with Steel
2. It's gonna be lightsaber resistant and always sharp due to the imbuement
3. I can't think of Ragnar's story much, but the sword was used for 12 years.
4. This could be part of the imbuement if there is no Cold Iron in the galaxy, let alone Dathomir
5. Alright.
6. a kilo is 2.2 pounds, I picture the melted ice lingering in some form and the blood amount being high.
7. They said 4 kilos when I asked the Witches, and Viho guessed around 6, I made it 6 kilos of steel and 1/2 kilo of lingering water and 1/2 kilo of dried blood, and it's a good change. I must compliment ya on your knowledge of Siegfried's sword size too here, though he does wield varying swords, and in Soul Calibur 5, the Flamberge was changed to a standard zweihander (which bugs me)

1. It's steel, I pictured it being a cold iron type though, but seeing as it doesn't exactly exist in Star Wars, I'm going with Steel
-Okay, fine.
-So the imbuement is making it lightsaber resistant, meaning that until it is imbued it will not be lightsaber resistant? And is that the only imbuement?
-Well, I would recomend getting you idea of the story done first. Seems like you are coming at this a bit half-cocked
4. This could be part of the imbuement if there is no Cold Iron in the galaxy, let alone Dathomir
-Cool, I guess.
5. Alright.
6. a kilo is 2.2 pounds, I picture the melted ice lingering in some form and the blood amount being high.
-Once again... melted ice is... water... and the amount of blood you are talking about is ridiculous. Also, having blood remain on a blade is terrible for it.
7. They said 4 kilos when I asked the Witches, and Viho guessed around 6, I made it 6 kilos of steel and 1/2 kilo of lingering water and 1/2 kilo of dried blood, and it's a good change. I must compliment ya on your knowledge of Siegfried's sword size too here, though he does wield varying swords, and in Soul Calibur 5, the Flamberge was changed to a standard zweihander (which bugs me)
Yeah, I haven't played the most recent so I'm not too familiar with some of the potential changes.

Ragnar Wulfe

R
Selena Halcyon said:
-Okay, fine.
-So the imbuement is making it lightsaber resistant, meaning that until it is imbued it will not be lightsaber resistant? And is that the only imbuement?
-Well, I would recomend getting you idea of the story done first. Seems like you are coming at this a bit half-cocked
-Cool, I guess.
5. Alright.
-Once again... melted ice is... water... and the amount of blood you are talking about is ridiculous. Also, having blood remain on a blade is terrible for it.
Yeah, I haven't played the most recent so I'm not too familiar with some of the potential changes.
Removed the melted ice and dried blood, I have no idea for the story at all so far... and it bugs the hell outta me, so if it takes too long, I might as well ask the player of the Frenzied River clan leader (she's a NPC) to Tom Sawyer it just this once, and I had imbuement explained to me by my D&D game master, as he knows a lot about Star Wars too, so the standard thing for imbuement is what's going on the blade

Alright. So long as your imbuement is just force resistance and the cold thing then cool. I see no reason not to approve it, cause I don't think this is going to turn into some kind of uber sword thing. If you decide to add things to it later on (adding something to the imbuement or whatever... idk) just PM me and we will talk it out. As it stands. Fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom