Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply The Seeker

ᴅᴀʀᴛʜ ᴀɴᴀᴛʜᴇᴍᴏᴜꜱ

ncSqKVmX_o.png
"When was the last time you chose something for yourself, hmm? Not for Carnifex. Not for survival. For you?"

"I don't... I don't remember a time before I began training under him" There was a subtle panic in her voice, Both because the question stung like a viper-wasp, and because that seeming amnesia haunted. Because it loomed over her in a way that no ghost nor her master ever could; Had he truly given her a new life, or had he stolen it from her? It was a question she may never know the answer to.

Leven spoke of the sith code then, or at least a variant of it. The infamous Rule of Two. The sith had seemingly abandoned it in favor of more ancient practices sometime after the 400 year darkness, else she may never have been able to join the order. But elements of the Banite practices remained, and an apprentice killing their master or vice versa was still commonplace. The Sith had become less of a religion and more of a tool. A means to an end for ambitious souls who were often more concerned with political schemes and wealth rather than forging great empires or achieving the ancient goal from which much of their ways had since been derived: To break the chains of destiny. To tell the universe that I am no slave to fate nor the living force, for I will bend the force to my will.

That is true power. A truth she had always known even before Parasideus introduced her to the work of Plaguis the Wise.

She looked up and then down Leven approached, then crouched in front of her. There was no guarded reaction from Kaila for her to study this time, she simply payed attention to what the woman was saying rather than defending against an invasion of her personal space. Even the near-touch caused only a glance and nothing more.

Kaila even considered reaching out to take that hand, but leven backed away, leaving Kaila to her thoughts.

She stood after a brief pause, and sighed. Kaila knew what her answer would be even before, always knowing that she would eventually abandon her cultivated persona of submission and loyalty to Carnifex. Her goal had always been power and recognition, but only because these things would one day lead to her independence. To her freedom.

"Very well," She spoke quietly, nodding to Leven "Take us to Illyria"

Leven Jeyd Leven Jeyd

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom