Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Wolf & The Grandson

Tags: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner

Equipment: Lightsaber

Zachariah was glowing.

Weeks ago, he had invited Revna Revna to Jutrand and they had just finished spending quality time together. He had given her a tour and they'd had conversations and Zachariah had enjoyed all of his time throughly. It was time that Zachariah would likely class as the best time of his life, not that he would admit that out loud. He could only imagine the comments that would be made at his expense.

Jutrand had gone from a planet he spent all of his time on to a planet he rarely set foot upon. Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr preferred to teach in the field. Time on Jutrand was rare for the young boy. Whilst he was on the Ecumenopolis however, there was someone that he had wanted to meet for some time and so he had reached out to make it occur.

The Wolf. The Emperor's Wrath. Personal executor for his grandfather. The grandson of the Sith Emperor wished to make contact and open a conversation with the Wrath and so he'd reached out to make it happen. He wanted to see what his grandfather saw in the wolf, why his grandfather had taken the wolf as his personal wrath and executor.

Serving as the capital of the Sith Order, Jutrand housed a Sith Academy where Zachariah had spent years between leaving Zaathru and taking up an interest in the galaxy again. It had been the location where Zachariah had spent so much of his time, reading books and studying scriptures. The young boy figured that it would serve as the perfect location for his first meeting with the Sith Lord.

Taking a seat, the young boy poured a drink.

Until recently, Zachariah had never been one for drinking, however he'd recently developed a taste for a good Corellian Whiskey. He'd ensured a good bottle had been sourced for his meeting and had readied it on the table next to where he sat. The young eighteen year old took a swig from his glass and cast his eyes to the door whilst he waited for his guest to arrive.

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
Ger-temp-banner.png

WEARING: xxx
WEAPONS: Ferrum Solus | Blodmåne | Strømafbryder
TAG: Zachariah Conway Zachariah Conway

Jutrand housed many things which made it conceivable that one would never have to leave. The urban jungle was a bastion for the Sith Order. It was their capital, but it was more. To some it was home. Others found it to be a seat of power which made them more than what they were anywhere else. To Gerwald it had become the place where second chances became possible. Naedira had woken up on the planet after months in a coma following her resurrection.

Naturally the second chance had come with a cost, as did many things worth pursuing. There would be those who say Gerwald had become imprisoned by choices. He did not choose to see it that way. His debt to Srina Talon Srina Talon may have been twice over for her role, but as with all things the opportunity to repay that debt would present itself.

For now it was in service to Empyrean, even if it was a ruse to keep the fact her hand held whatever leash existed. Some were clever enough to think they knew the truth, but no one truly had the knowledge which would give an advantage or shift the balance of power. The most any would perceive was Gerwald’s loyalty to his former exarch, and now empress, had a long standing history.

It was natural.

His summons to the academy certainly had nothing to do with it. It was nothing more than a curious member of Empyrean’s family. He was young with a lot of life ahead of him to live. Hopefully he would take advantage of his youth rather than waste it on trying to grow up sooner than he needed to. Gerwald had not had the option. Life on Stewjon as a creature of myth ensured nothing about his youth had been free.

Freedom came later in life, and the wolf had squandered it for a season.

The boy was drinking whiskey, or was about to, when Gerwald arrived. He smirked. It seemed this one fancied a more sophisticated liquor than most his age. The Wrath would have preferred a strong mead, but Jutrand had the same issue as the Confederacy had. No one could be found to make a mead like anything that could be enjoyed in the northern halls of a Stewjoni longhouse.

“A bit early for something that strong, wouldn’t you say?”

His baritone echoed in the empty hall as the beast of a man took a seat and poured a glass for himself.

“Can’t have you indulging alone, can we…”

Eyes trained on the man, Zachariah watched him sit.

A true beast of a man, the Wolf must have been an easy six foot six, if not taller. He was as wide as he was tall, made of pure muscle. The young boy understood why he served as an executioner, he was definitely intimidating. He was a man that Zachariah would much rather have on his side in a battle than on the opposite side of the battle.

Gerwald poured himself a drink and Zachariah let out a chuckle as he did. "An acquired taste" he spoke softly, sipping from his glass. "Never too early for a drink. Besides, I've not long returned to this planet. In my head, it's after five" he let out a chuckle. Galactic timezones would always confuse him, but like the old saying went. It was five somewhere out there.

Even his voice filled the room, much deeper than Zachariah's and just as intimidating as the rest of him. Even without much of a conversation, the young boy could see what his grandfather saw in him. He could see why Empyrean had named the man as his wrath. He wondered if the same loyalty would be displayed by the wolf however, or what other motive the wolf had.

"Of all the places in the galaxy, why here?" he spoke softly, sipping from his drink again. "Why my grandfather? What loyalty do you have for him?" he continued. "A man of your power, you could go and conquer what you wished" he paused. "Which I suppose begs the question, why do you serve my grandfather?" he asked finally, training his eyes on the man as to watch for anything that his body language may give away.

Last edited:
Ger-temp-banner.png

“Oh that is where you are wrong,” Gerwald spoke with the experience of a warrior. “There is always such a thing as too early for anything… learn that from those who did not have the benefit of doing so when they were your age.”

Was it a warning? Perhaps it was. Gerwald had certainly been too sheltered in life that most of the lessons he learned at this boy’s age had come later in life and due to difficult circumstances. If this one could be saved from hard lessons then he would advance quicker. The wolf had no interest in whether he succeeded or not. It was simply a test to see if this one was teachable or just another entitled brat leeching off a title and proximity.

His question to Gerwald was blunt and direct. The former Lord Commander appreciated it. Rarely did Sith ever have a conversation without first dancing around hidden agendas and political misdirections. A small nod was offered with a smirk as the wolf took another sip of the liquid.

“Who said I am loyal to your grandfather?”

The question hung in the air. Surely the boy had said it for himself, Gerwald was powerful enough to be his own force. Loyalty was also something that shifted in the galaxy from one shadow of change to the next. Gerwald had his own loyalties, those which did not waver like a wave tossed to and from by the wind. He was resolute and bulwark in his commitments. They simply were not controlled by Empyrean.

Zachariah did not need to know that however.

“He allows me autonomy to do as I see fit. Where others think he holds my leash and muzzle, your grandfather truly does neither. In this he allows me to be what I need to be in order to advance the Order and his empire.”

It was a simple answer, and one that did not demand loyalty. They only needed to have an understanding.

“You did not ask me here for such a simple question as that, though. What else?”

He grinned.

“So far I like you… so I will indulge your questions until the venture to places I wish to keep private.”

He had always been told he was likable.

The Wolf had responded to his question with a question, and had allowed it to hang in the air for a few moments before he had continued speaking. Gerwald explained how his grandfather granted his wrath the autonomy to do as he wished. It made sense, of course. Zachariah also appreciated the leash and muzzle comment as it tied into his nickname of the Wolf.

"You are correct, of course. I didn't ask you here for something so simple. A good way to break the ice though, I felt." he started, sipping his drink. "Lord Strosius, what do you know of the man?" he questioned of his grandfathers executioner. He wanted to know what the man already knew and what gaps he would have to fill in the man's knowlege.

His conversation with Revna Revna during their tour of Jutrand had only proven what he already knew, that he wasn't safe whilst Darth Strosius Darth Strosius continued to torment the galaxy. That wasn't to say that Zachariah disliked the Sith Lord, he didn't. He had a respect for the Sith Lord that was more than just related to his apprentice. Zachariah understood the power that the Sith Lord had and the potential that he brought to the table.

Strosius was also a wild card. Yes, he was the best friend and battle brother of Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr , but he was also impulsive and reckless. He had launched at Carnifex the moment he had the chance without even thinking about the consequences of his actions. Strosius saw both Lord's Carnifex and Empyrean as traitors of the Sith Empire.

Zachariah himself had to hide his legacy from the Sith Lord, for fear of what Strosius would do. Strosius would either strike him down without a second thought or use him to bait his grandfather into conflict that would only end one way. Zachariah knew who would win in a conflict between Strosius and Empyrean, and he was almost certian it wouldn't be Strosius.

He liked the Sith Lord though, as he'd already established. The respect was there. He didn't want harm brought to the man, it was just nice to have a contingency just in case. Enter his grandfathers executioner, the Wolf. Hence the question he had posed to his drinking partner. It was always nice to know he had people in his corner, just in case.

The Wolf would definitely be useful to have.

Last edited:
Ger-temp-banner.png

Strosius… Gerwald could not think why someone this young would find Alisteri a point of conversation or concern. It was certainly the last of topics the wolf would have thought the young child would choose as the subject of their meeting. For a moment he let the question hang in the air. How was he going to answer?

Gerwald took a sip and leaned into the back of the cushion he occupied.

He sighed.

“Darth Strosius keeps his own confidence. He does not act without intent. Even when he seems to be rash, it is calculated.”

His blue eyes looked at the young man.

“He is dangerous, and yet, I trust him more than his counterpart… Darth Malum.”

Gerwald set the glass back on the table between them and leaned forward.

“Other than that, I do not know much that is not already public knowledge.”

This time it was Gerwald’s turn to ask a question.

“Why are you so curious?”

Zachariah offered a slight chuckle.

"See, I don't much mind his counterpart" he offered in response to the man's comments on Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr . Zachariah pondered for a few moments if Gerwald knew of his connections to the Sith Lord. "Though you know as well as much as I do, I'm certain. You can't trust anyone in this order truly" he offered yet another slight laugh, taking a sip from his drink.

"I'm not surprised you wish to pry on my interest in the man" he started. "I've recently spent some time with his apprentice, grown close to her" he spoke, mind thinking back to the exploration of Jutrand that he had embarked upon with Revna Revna . He offered a slight smile to himself before casting his eyes back up to his grandfather's wrath.

"There's a suggestion that if Lord Strosius was to establish my connection to my grandfather, he would either strike me down then and there or attempt to use me to lure my grandfather out" he finally stated. "Which leads to a question for yourself, because you know my grandfather better than I, of that I'm sure" he stated bluntly.

"Should the Sith Lord known as Darth Strosius attempt to use me against my grandfather, what would be the likelihood that he would take the bait?" he asked, thinking of the conversations that he had engaged in with his grandfather, where the Sith Emperor addressed him as child of his dynasty. He wasn't entirely sure the Sith Emperor's view on family loyalty.

Ger-temp-banner.png

Interesting. It seemed Malum had also worked his fingers into this one. He would spread himself too thin if that continued, and Gerwald would be there to collect the remains of his attempt to keep the Tsis’Kaar alive. It should have died with Ophidia. Empyrean’s hold on the Sith would be tighter by now had he just eliminated them all upon the pale one’s rebellion.

Though the idea that no one in the order could be trusted was a fallacy the wolf debated on correcting. There were three in the order Gerwald trusted, and perhaps that list could grow. Trust amongst those of this order was based on alignment, but Gerwald had learned that there were those who were the most altruistic about their motives could be trusted explicitly even if there was no alignment at all.

“That is where you are wrong. Trust is a difficult thing among this order, but you can find some to put your faith in.”

He would not mention names. Zachariah could learn on his own.

The purpose of the meeting finally revealed itself. It seemed the young boy was smitten, but was concerned about whether or not is going to come back on his head. Gerwald shook his head and chuckled.

Could a relationship be problematic among dark side users? It was clear the boy did not know about the history of the man he was asking. The wolf had made many mistakes in his love life, but none so great as to what led to war. Gerwald smirked as he took another drink and sat the glass back down. He raised his eyebrows and canted his head before straightening it again.

“If you were foolish enough to be used as bait… Empyrean may leave you to the outcome you would deserve.”

He let the comment remain in the air among them. Gerwald had been young, and he had been foolish. Hopefully this boy would listen to him, rather than to choose the stubborn attitude the wolf had at his age. Where others would have left him to his devices, there was one who did not.

“Srina Talon would not, but that does not mean I suggest testing that theory.”

He paused once more.

“My advice would be if you fear that Strosius would use your connection to harm you or our emperor then you need to stop seeing the girl. Sith take what they want, but it seems you want to guarantee the safety of your grandfather more than you want the girl.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom