Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Thicker Than Water

sith-divider-blue.png

Veradun had spent the last standard day or so roaming around the Bailiff Station after his meeting with his High Priest and his Academy Sponsor. He was due to return to the Academy to finish out what remained of his obligations there before reaching out to his prospective new Sith master, but for now he had some free time to do with as he pleased. Some time to collect himself and his thoughts as he pondered his future.

The boy missed his home, missed his family. He missed the familiar sights in the Formos Dresuoti. He’d heard wind that the place had been targeted by another Sith Lord, and he feared to know the truth, so much so that he avoided any and all talks about it.

It was his home, afterall. It couldn’t have been destroyed. It was still there, waiting for him to return to its familiar sights - Right?

These thoughts, and many more, circled through his mind as he wandered. His Academy uniform denoted his position and he was paid due respect for it, but he hardly noticed any of this.

He barely noticed the figure in front of him when he turned a corner, and bumped straight into the individual. This snapped the Nagai boy from his thoughts and he stopped to look at the man he had run into.

S-sorry, my Lord!” The Nagai boy stammered briefly, a rosy hue coloring his rather pale, somewhat gaunt cheeks. He lowered his head slightly and averted his gaze, just in case he had bumped into someone of importance or higher rank. “Forgive me! I wasn’t watching where I was going.

After showing respect, he lifted his icy eyes back to the man, and a flicker of recognition came over his face. He couldn’t recall the man’s name - but Veradun had seen him before on Formos.

I…I think I know you. Or I’ve seen you before. You serve under the High Priest, don’t you?

Veradun Sharr Veradun Sharr

Kasir's arrival at the Bailiff Station marked a significant change in his life. The experience of temporarily residing here was a stark contrast to living next to the spaceport on Formos. Among the many differences, there were also a few similarities. The Sith found himself in a state of isolation as usual. He had always been one to avoid interactions with others, preferring to spend his time in solitude. Now he couldn't shake off the feeling of being an outsider. Jutrand had been a small chapter in his existence. The Sith Academy shaped him, but Formos had been what truly defined him.

Deciding to remove himself from his cramped quarters on the station, he eventually made way into one of the halls. From there he began taking in the sights and slowly acquaint himself with the layout here. His thoughts were still consumed by the recent events that had transpired, causing him to stare at the ground and the tapping of his boots against the floor.

As he came around a corner, with different images in his mind’s eye consuming him, it left him unaware of his surroundings. In the blink of an eye, a sudden impact would bring him back to reality. A collision with another person, or was it the other way around? The smaller figure before him immediately took responsibility though. Being referred to as Lord caught him slightly off guard. It was a title Kasir had never been called before, and it stirred an odd feeling of unfamiliarity within him. For so long, he had been known simply as Dorran by others. The name seemed to roll off their tongues with ease.

His expression remained unchanged as his gaze was fixed upon the figure in front of him, analyzing his gestures. Unlike the other Darkseekers he had been forced to work alongside occasionally, or the ones he had trained and sparred with, he couldn't help but notice a rather obvious distinction with him. The boy exuded a sense of both sincerity and genuineness, an obvious trait more common in the youth, before becoming tainted by the cold realities of the galaxy.

It was as if Kasir was struggling to react accordingly. Finding the right words to respond to an apology was proving to be rather difficult. The silence between them stretched on for a moment. "Don't worry about it," he said at last, his voice barely above a whisper. The comment and question that followed had a way of confirming that they were both aboard this space station for similar reasons. "I do. What is your connection to him?" he asked. He was intrigued now.

A thin line ran across his lips; smiling was a foreign concept to Kasir. A pale hand rose from the man’s side, pointing a finger at the boy’s chest. “I see they still make people wear those hideous uniforms at the academy.”

Last edited:

sith-divider-blue.png

As the silence stretched after Veradun’s stammered apology and statements, he began to fear that he had perhaps angered or disturbed the man before him. He looked the individual over briefly, assessing him. The man’s expression remained neutral, unchanged, and Veradun shifted a bit uncomfortably - before the other told him not to worry about it. His voice had been so low that the boy almost missed it. At least he wasn’t angered or offended by the boy running straight into him.

To hear the man confirm that he did indeed serve under their High Priest brought a small relief to the boy. He had begun to fear that perhaps he had mistaken this man for someone else.

He is my Academy Sponsor; well, one of them anyway. My sister is his apprentice.” Veradun replied in a quiet voice that had a slight crack in its tone. He swallowed as another hint of red touched his cheeks; he despised the fact this voice was shifting. He was told it would happen as he got older, but it still didn't lessen the embarrassment of it.

He watched as the man seemed to offer a very slight smile - if one could call it that - and lifted a hand and gestured towards Veradun’s uniform, commenting on it. The teen glanced down at himself briefly.

Yeah…not the biggest fan of it. But I won’t be wearing it for much longer anyway.” He said with a shrug before frowning a bit curiously as he registered what the man had said. “You…you used to go to the Academy too?

As Kasir stood before the young boy, the words that escaped his lips struck him with a sense of surprise. He was well aware of the person mentioned-- the apprentice that served under the High Priest, was a figure known to all within the Order of Wonosa. The sound of his voice, still young and unsteady, did not register much in Kasir's mind. It simply matched the teen in size, but that did not mean he underestimated the power and potential in him.

“I’m intrigued,” he said calmly. His lean frame began to sway as he shifted his weight from one foot to the other. He then crossed his arms casually over his chest, the relaxed stance a contrast to the nervousness still lingering in the air. “Who is your other sponsor?”

The Darkseeker's eyes quickly returned to the uniform, memories flooding his mind. “Yes, though it seems like a distant memory now. I still remember the first time I tasted victory, but even more so, it is the bitter aftertaste of betrayal that lingers in my memory the most.”

There were certain lines that Kasir never dared to cross, nor did he ever reveal much about himself, but as his eyes met with his, he recognized not just another Sith from his former training grounds, but a member of the same occult, another figure from the very world that was recently targeted by their own brethren within the Sith Order. “Not all who smile at you are your allies. Trust is a fragile thing, easily shattered.” He recounted a one-trusted friend who had turned against him, driven by jealousy and ambition. “Don’t allow them to use you and place their ambitions of your own.”

Drawing in a deep breath, he struggled to steer the conversation away from potentially giving the wrong impression. "This place is nothing like Formos City, to say the least," he stated. "How soon before you head back to Jutrand?"

sith-divider-blue.png

The boy watched the other cross his arms over his chest, intrigued enough for the conversation to carry onward it seemed. Glancing around himself briefly, he chose to lean his shoulder against the wall, casually crossing his arms as well.

My other Sponsor?” The boy repeated back before answering. “Umm, Darth Malum. He’s one of the Dark Councilors for the Emperor.

Veradun returned to his cautious silence as the other man regarded his uniform once more, and answered the boy’s question on if he had attended. Veradun had never directly spoken with anyone who had been to the Academy before - and who was still alive - so to know this individual was powerful enough to see his way through the trials and tribulations that the Academy was known for caught the boy’s attention. Though based on what little he was hearing now, it seemed that this man's time in the Academy had not been all that pleasant. Not that it was really meant to be, the Nagai boy mused to himself. Betrayal was common amongst the Sith, as he had come to learn. And it was rife amongst the younger ranks of the Sith.

The wisdom imparted to the boy also caught his attention and Veradun nodded in agreement. “My sister told me the same thing before I left for the Academy. She told me to be open to making alliances with others - but to trust no one but myself in the end.

His pale gaze watched the other man as he seemed to take a breath and changed the direction of the conversation. Veradun had been about to ask the man some more questions about his time in the Academy but decided against it.

Indeed. This is my first time on the Bailiff Station. I - I haven’t even been planetside on Faldos before so I can’t really compare it to Formos. But nothing is quite like home; I do miss it but I try not to think about too much. I suspect I will be headed back to Jutrand tomorrow at some point.” Veradun paused for a moment as a thoughtful frown creased his brow.

So what…what brings you here? Are you on a mission for the High Priest?

His expression remained stoic as the name of the other sponsor was mentioned, being another well known figure within the Sith Order. Kasir's head inclined slightly, acknowledging the response. He had never crossed paths with this particular individual, only hearing tales of their many achievements. The fact that both of these Sith Lords were interested in sponsoring the boy standing before him made Kasir wonder about the potential they clearly saw in him.

“The roles of a master and apprentice seem as though it can be both a blessing and a curse,” he said in a nonchalant tone, shifting his gaze towards someone who walked by in the hallway. He then returned back to the boy. "But filled with the promise of unimaginable power. That much I am sure of.” The statement felt rather obvious, but perhaps the most fitting thing to say at that time, not desiring to push any sort of influence upon him, especially given that the High Priest was one of his sponsors.

Unlike those who sought to become a Sith Lord, Kasir's goals were of a different nature. To him, serving what he believed to be a greater purpose could be a privilege; he embraced the role of being an instrument of destruction.

His head slowly shook. "Currently, no, since we are in a brief transitional period, as I'm sure you are well aware. It shouldn't take long to relocate certain operations. However, I anticipate that he will have a task for me soon.”

With keen observation, he couldn't help but take note of every small shift in the boy's face as he mentioned his return to Jutrand soon. It puzzled the Darkseeker, stirring more curiosity. “I haven't gone myself, although my plan was to visit today,” he said before pausing, studying him a second longer. Despite constant progress in his skill set and finding his calling within the ranks of Wonosa, deep down he remained the same troubled kid from Dormund Kaas.

"Now that I think about it, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to join as well," he suggested at last. The corners of his mouth turned up ever so slightly, but then stopped, as though what may have been a grin was suppressed. "Surely you wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to see it for yourself," he added. His words would be carefully chosen. “Besides, who knows when you'll get another opportunity. I'll make sure you're back with time to spare before your departure to the academy tomorrow.”

He then came to another realization. “I'm Kasir by the way.”

sith-divider-blue.png

The other man’s words about the role played between a master and an apprentice brought a recent memory through Veradun’s mind - of being within the shadowed chambers of the gathered Assembly, to watch his High Priest face down the Sith Emperor. And of the dark robed stranger who had approached him, who had taken an interest in him, and made an offer to the boy.

He had yet to give that Sith Lord a proper response. One he hoped to rectify upon his return to the Academy.

But Veradun was quick to pick up on the fact that the man before him now seemed to assume that Darth Malum might be his prospective master. Afterall, Sponsors could be prospective masters for acolytes in the Academy. But both the Sith Lords that the young Nagai knew were more mentors for him than anything.

Both have been, or are, my mentors. Though neither will be taking the place as my…as a master, for me.” The boy took a deep breath; the topic seemed to raise some uncertainty within him. Some anxiety. A ripple of the emotion flickered across his face before he could wrestle himself back under control. How he wished he could talk to his sister about everything going on - but he hadn’t been able to reach her for some time. Though it concerned him somewhat, he knew she was always busy carrying out the orders and duties laid upon her by the High Priest.

And yes - I’ve heard from some saying that being trained by a master one on one is far better than being taught in the Academy. Though I suppose it really depends on just who the master is. The Academy prides itself on spitting out the best of the best for the Sith Order. Though…if you ask me…all I see them doing is training Sith to be like pompous, fattened royalty who would rather be in another’s pocket than seize power for themselves. Though I am sure there are exceptions to this.” Veradun said quietly, speaking just loud enough for the other man to hear him, just in case his words might be overheard by those more friendly to the powers that be at the Academy. He was smart enough to know that spies could be anywhere.

It wasn’t that Veradun didn’t feel honored about being able to attend the Academy; to even get in was an achievement in and of itself, but in his keen observance thus far, he had seen some things that colored his view of the establishment.

Enough so that he was almost dead set on accepting the offer of apprenticeship that had been extended to him.

The boy listened as the man before him answered his other questions, though he frowned slightly when it was assumed that he knew about this “transition” that was spoken of. He was fairly clueless about any of that as he wasn’t privy to the inner workings of the Order of Wonosa.

Veradun’s expression perked up a little bit when it was suggested that he might be able to join this man as he went to the surface. “If you see fit to have me with you, Kasir, then I would be honored to accompany you planetside. And no worries on getting me back to the Academy on time; I’m in no particular rush to get back…

The boy pushed off from his leaning position on the wall and turned slightly as if to follow Kasir once the other decided to walk on. There was a light of excitement in the boy’s pale blue eyes; though reclusive, he was always up for an adventure.

I’m Veradun…but you can just call me Ver if you want.

Curiosity kept pulling at his thoughts as the boy began to reveal more about himself. With each piece of information, the interest only grew. "Tell me, Veradun," he murmured, his voice full of intrigue. "Who will you serve as your master?”

His now intense gaze flickered across the boy's face, studying the slightest changes in his expression. It seemed as if parts of the conversation at hand now were a sore spot for him. His thoughts began churning at the mention of the Academy. As he began to elaborate more on it, Kasir's surprise was obvious, his eyebrows beginning to raise. It wasn't that he held a high opinion of the academy himself, but to hear such words from one so young was unexpected. He couldn't help but wonder what experiences had led him to form that view.

"The Sith have seen better days,” he said in a cool tone, devoid of emotion. As recent events began to accumulate, his overall opinion of the Order had changed into something of disappointment. “There is no brotherhood, just petty politics and weak rivalries now.”

From his personal perspective, it seemed that many of the Sith Lords would suddenly disappear whenever a chance presented itself for their experience to actually be utilized. When he arrived on Abraxas, it was the High Priest who had orchestrated the attack. Not long after, as the Jedi gradually moved closer to their borders and he was called to Eiattu 6, only the Emperor and the High Priest, accompanied by a single acolyte, were present. And when Darth Nefaron ventured deeper into Galactic Alliance space with his Corpse Legion to display his own ambition, the support from the Order was scant at best.

“While the Jedi revel in their constant delusional state, we still allow them to thrive with all of our indifferences,” he uttered with a tinge of bitterness.

However, when it came to confrontations with their own kind, be it through words or their lightsabers, their readiness knew no bounds. It was no wonder the Darkseeker had recently begun distancing himself from old acquaintances and forming alliances with those who were not connected to them.

Veradun’s eagerness to accept the invitation caught him off guard, for he had carefully selected his words with caution in the hopes of persuading him when displaying nervousness. However, it was not with bad intent; rather, it was simply natural for him to do so.

Upon seeing him shift his body away from the wall as though he was eager to leave the Bailiff Station, his own arms fell by his side. Rather than offering a handshake, he simply nodded his head. “Unless there's something you need before our departure, we can be on our way,” he said calmly before turning on his heel, assuming the boy would follow. As he walked, each step with his boots echoed against the metallic surface of the floor. Instinctively, he pulled the hood of his cloak up over his head, covering his pale features. As they made their way towards the hangar bay, they passed by a series of steel doors, each one leading to different sectors of the station

Before long, as they turned the final corner he would turn his head back to the boy. "I suppose I should be relieved that you won't be in a hurry to return. I wouldn't have been able to bring you back in time even if I wanted to,” he admitted. His words carried a rare hint of amusement.

Last edited:

sith-divider-blue.png

The boy swallowed when he was asked which master he was to serve. For a moment, he was quiet - the images flashing before his eyes of his first meeting with the other Sith once again; the Stranger’s words to him as they seemed to see into Veradun’s very being. Not that he had been good at hiding his emotions at the time - something the Stranger had been blunt in pointing out.

A shadow.” the Nagai teen said in his quiet voice before glancing up at the man, noticing the rise in intrigue. “Nefaron is his name, I believe.

Truthfully - Veradun was surprised that any Sith outside of his Sponsors would have taken an interest in him, and so soon - before he had really been truly tested by the Academy and its overseers and Masters. Yes, he had made it through his initiation trials and tests, but he had purposefully kept his head low so as not to attract attention by those that watched the acolytes with vicious intent. But it seemed that others had been watching from the shadows and had noticed him anyway.

His statements about the academy itself seemed to take the other by surprise; it made the boy wonder what Academy life had been like for the older man, but he didn’t pry into that. He couldn’t really say one way or the other if he agreed with the man’s words that the Sith had “seen better days”. Veradun was young and new to the Sith Order, really. He hadn’t been around long enough to know any different.

But he had read and seen a cycle in his studies and readings into the ancient Sith Empires of old. Sith would have their golden years, then they would wane and come close to extinction, only to rise again like a great fire that burned everything before it.

From what I’ve read, the Sith have always dealt in weak rivalries and petty politics. And the time there was a Brotherhood, it was utterly destroyed by a single man with a greater vision than the rest.” Veradun said with a shrug. “History seems to repeat itself either way. Just what I’ve observed in my readings anyway. But what do I know? I am but an acolyte who knows next to nothing compared to others around me.

The man’s embittered statements about the Jedi were not lost on Veradun. He had no love for those who served the light side of the Force, but his distaste for them was for more personal reasons.

The boy’s rather eager acceptance to tag along with the man, Kasir, seemed to surprise the other man. Veradun made no comment or reaction, though he fought the desire to smirk a bit. He came across as reluctant and reclusive to others - so when he displayed anything different, it often took others who didn’t know him by surprise. Veradun was a bit social - when he wanted to be.

Besides, going with Kasir sure did beat roaming the corridors of the Station in boredom.

The Nagai followed along behind the taller man, his steps near silent where the other’s echoed on the metallic floor beneath them. He ignored those around them who might have cast curious glances towards them, giving his attention to Kasir who spoke to him over his shoulder, a hint of amusement in his words to the boy.

A small half smile crept along Veradun’s face. “I will no doubt be reprimanded by the overseers but I could really care less. Not like I will be remaining under their watch for much longer anyway. Besides, I am not one to turn down an adventure - especially if it lets me see something other than the bleak Academy walls…

He quickened his pace for a moment to bring himself alongside Kasir, matching the man’s steps stride for stride as they made for the hangar.

...so what is it that you do for the High Priest? Are you a Wonosan Squire like my sister?

Initially, when the young boy mentioned the individual whom he would be serving, Kasir only gave a slight tilt of his head. He listened carefully as Veradun delved into parts of the Sith history, which he did seem to be well versed in. It was to be expected, considering the current trajectory he was set upon.

“While the Sith Order may not live up to my expectations, I’ve come to realize that most things in life rarely do. Fortunately, I don’t have to bear witness to their insecurities overshadowing any true purpose.” As they rounded the final corner, the last hallway stretched out before them, leading towards the entrance of the hangar bay.

"My loyalty is reserved solely for Wonosa, my actions dictated by the words of the High Priest. Beyond that, I only extend my support to those who exhibit true dominance and might,” he said in a calm, yet detached tone. He briefly shifted his eyes towards the overhead lights before turning his focus towards Veradun. "That's how I have come to know the one whom you will soon refer to as Master," he finished, delivering a rather unusual yet honest compliment. Despite only spending a short amount of time on New Cov, it was more than enough for him to form his opinion.

He was convinced that his words would surely ignite more curiosity within the young boy, but he made the decision not to provide any further explanation for now. It would've felt like overstepped boundaries to do so. As the final words escaped his lips, the colossal metal doors before them quickly parted, emitting a hissing sound. In some ways, it was like a foreign world to Kasir being revealed. The sounds of machinery enveloped him. He could see countless shuttles with different designs ahead. Amidst the sea of them all, one was quick to catch his attention–the old 578-R, a rugged transport ship that bore scars of countless journeys. The faded paint and dents on it brought back many memories. It was almost as if the ship stood proudly.

He had been hesitant before finally responding to the final question. Despite being honest in revealing his identity, he felt unsure about revealing his true involvement with Wonosa. Had the boy not also been a member of the same occult, there was no doubt that words of deception would have easily slipped from his tongue without any hesitation. “I am simply hand of vengeance to silence those who oppose our will.”

Before long, he was reaching for the security device mounted on the wall of his ship. His fingers tapped in a sequence of codes, which released a beep in response. With a further clicking sound, the lock was released, and there would be a ramp leading up to the shuttle’s entrance. He glanced at Ver once more before he would enter. "It may not be some fancy, high-end vehicle, but she's been a good companion throughout the years.”

Once inside, he headed straight for the cockpit. The control panels flickered to life as he engaged the power systems. He initiated the pre-flight sequence, which began to warm the engines in response. As he made his way down the checklist, he would eventually reach for the comm panel. His voice was steady. “This is Kasir Dorran. Requesting clearance for departure.”

As he awaited a response, his fingers unconsciously tapped against different buttons and switches, while his eyes were fixed on the navigation systems. Turning towards Ver for a second, he couldn't help but reveal a mischievous grin. "Have you ever flown a ship before?"

sith-divider-blue.png

Veradun followed alongside Kasir, keeping quiet while the older man spoke. He recognized the level of loyalty the Sith seemed to have towards the High Priest - his sister was the same way. Her loyalty and devotion for the Order of Wonosa was deep, and she inspired Veradun to be loyal towards their High Priest as well. He was always happy to serve in the Cathedral - if only to be able to catch a glimpse of the robed Sith Lord. He missed his days in the Dresuoti, listening to Lord Strosius’s sermons.

Now he had to listen to and deal with Eternalist dogma.

The boy’s gaze shifted to look at Kasir when the other hinted into how he had come across the shadowy Sith Lord that had spoken to Veradun. The boy was quick to catch onto certain words used: dominance and might. The words were almost opposite of what Veradun might have said about the Stranger; he had seen a corpse-like entity who came across as almost frail and easily destroyed.

But the boy knew looks could often be deceiving. Many underestimated him because of how he appeared, and he was in no hurry to dissuade such notions. It worked out in his favor thus far, and he wanted it to stay that way.

To hear another say such things about the Sith Lord who had taken an interest in him did bring a chill over the Nagai teen. The Stranger was still very much a mystery to him, and that alone was enough to make him nervous to accept the apprenticeship. But he would be a fool not to.

You…you met him too?” Veradun asked Kasir, curiosity in his voice. Anything he could glean from others about his prospective Sith master might just be useful for him, and thus he hoped the man walking beside him might divulge a little more.

They soon passed from the halls of the station and into the main hangar, and the sights and sounds and scents assailed the boy. They made their way towards a ship that had seen better days, and Veradun waited patiently to see if Kasir would respond to his question on what he did for the High Priest, or if he was a Squire.

The response he was given was both an answer and an avoidance, and Veradun accepted the answer for what it was. Perhaps this man couldn’t exactly tell him of his true purpose, or maybe he didn’t want to. Either way, the boy didn’t press any further on the topic.

A short entry code later, and the gaunt boy watched as a ramp lowered to admit them both aboard, following behind Kasir as the other man made for the cockpit. He glanced around a bit, taking in the sights of the transport ship, before finding a seat and watching intently as the other Sith brought the ship to life with quick and well rehearsed movements of his hands. The boy’s eyes were wide with curiosity and wonder when Kasir turned back to look at him. He brought his pale gaze back down to the Sith’s face.

No…I’ve never even been in a cockpit before… it all seems so overwhelming. So many switches and buttons and stuff.

“Acknowledged, Kasir. Please hold for clearance,” a voice finally responded. As they waited, the Sith’s gaze drifted beyond the ship’s viewport, taking in all of the activity around them. Crews of different sentient species and droids alike moved proficiently. Even while Kasir was preoccupied with preparing their departure, the boy's inquiry about Darth Nefaron still lingered in his mind. He would address it soon.

For some reason, it was surprising to hear that this was Veradun's first experience in a cockpit. His pale hand pointed at the center space that separated where both of them were sitting. There was a glowing holographic map that would display their trajectory. “This is the navigation display. It is where we would normally chart our course, since it shows nearby planets. Always keep an eye on it; who knows when an asteroid might pop up,” he said, curious how the boy may respond to his choice of words. Kasir then gestured to the array of buttons and switches below it on the main console, and more specifically, the red ones. “These control the hyperdrive; one click and you could escape the Academy in the blink of an eye,” he continued in a cold, yet enthusiastic tone.

Coming to the curved handles before him, he looked to Veradun once more. “These are the main controls. Pull back on it to ascend and push forward to descend. Gentle movements are important, so it doesn’t send us spinning.”
Before he could further explain anything else, the dockmaster’s voice crackled through the intercom. “You’re clear for departure. Good luck out there.”

Returning to the dashboard, his expression became more focused. He adjusted the throttle slightly, and the engines of his transport shuttle responded with a rumble; it was as if saying they were ready for action. The ship began to gently lift from the ground as he guided it through the hangar bay and towards the vastness of space. In a swift motion, the planet of Faldos revealed itself to them. Its landscape was a canvas of deep blues and greens. White clouds were scattered about. The view from the cockpit was a sight to behold.

“I haven't been formally introduced to him, but our paths have crossed before. I fought alongside the ranks of his legion on New Cov, fairly recently," he stated, resuming their previous conversation. He extended his arm and pressed down on one of the switches. "If the timing and circumstances allowed for it, I would do it again.”

sith-divider-blue.png

Veradun gave the man his attention as Kasir began to explain everything before the boy, starting with the navigation display, and gave the other Sith a somewhat wide look when he was told why he needed to keep an eye on it.

Astroids? You can see those things on here? That’s pretty cool. And helpful.

Next his attention was diverted to an array of buttons and switches below the display, and Veradun nodded when he understood they, specifically the red ones, operated the hyperdrive. He stored that information away as well. “That’s what makes the ship travel super fast, right? I suppose it would be pretty bad if they were messed with when you’re sitting inside a spaceport…

The gaunt boy considered Kasir’s words for a moment, about escaping the Academy. “I could escape, yeah. But I’d never escape being called a coward for ditching.” He said as his gaze was brought to look upon the curved handles that sat before the other Sith, and nodded as he learned of their function as the main controls for the ship.

Pull back to go up, push forward to go down. Don’t jerk them around, unless you want to go for a spin.” the Nagai boy repeated back to Kasir to indicate he was understanding what was being taught to him.

The clearance for them to take off came through then, and he watched as Kasir became more focused, studying him and his actions as he heard the ship rumble to life around him. They lifted off slowly, and Veradun split his attention between watching how Kasir moved the control and the rapidly changing scenery beyond the ship as they departed the Bailiff Station and zipped into the open blackness of space. Wonder glinted in the boy’s pale blue eyes as they turned towards the planet beyond, giving them both a decent view of it through the viewport.

Only then did Kasir decide to answer Veradun’s question if he had met the one who more than likely would become his new master fairly soon. To hear that the Stranger seemed to have his own fighting force intrigued the boy; he knew that not all Sith Lords had their own militaries.

Really, only those who were strong enough, had a prominent place within the Sith Order…or who had lofty ambitions and goals. Maybe this Darth Nefaron was all of these things? Veradun truly didn’t know yet, but he had a feeling he would learn the truth in time. Especially if he accepted the Sith Lord’s offer.

Do you think he is a Sith of power? I know not all Sith have their own legions or armies or whatever they have. Only the strong ones tend to.

His mind churned over Veradun’s question as the 578-R pushed forward. A flicker of hesitation crossed his face; he didn’t want to deceive the boy, but the weight of it did press on his mind. The memories of New Cov flooded back—visions of toxins swirling in the air and the chaos that ensued. Should he reveal everything? He considered the violent nature of the legion and the implications of his words. Carefully weighing his options, he recognized the potential danger in sharing too much. At that moment, he decided that some details could be best left unspoken. “I see power in him rising above the shackles that hold down so many in their thirst for drama,” he said calmly. “It is his ability to push aside petty squabbles of our brethren that earns my respect. There is a certain..spark within him that sets him apart from many other Sith Lords I have seen.”

Approaching closer to the planet, the transport shuttle’s engines roared, enveloped in an embrace of orange and red as it began its descent. The atmosphere began to stretch out below them. Kasir held a firm grip on the controls as he felt the planet’s embrace of breaking through the upper layer, feeling the ship shuddering from the turbulence.

One of the monitors came to life; a digital map displayed the planet’s terrain. They soared above the muddy backwaters of Faldos, the landscape below full of browns and greens, with random patches of water. The cockpit buzzed with different hums and beeps as the system was calculating to find the safest landing zone. Outlines of the city were seen as they came through the fog. Kasir was quick to adjust the altitude as the beeping became more urgent, signaling a suitable landing zone ahead. It looked like a makeshift dock against the banks of some sluggish canal. It was surrounded by overgrown and lush flora.

With precision, the 578-R settled onto the surface, its landing gear pressing softly against the debris. The engines finally began to power down. His head turned towards the boy. “From what I’ve gathered, it’s a bit different from the Dresuoti” he said, feeling a tug at the corner of his mouth. “We only have to go by their rules until we get past the checkpoints,” he added, a hint of amusement creeping into his tone. “Beyond their little facade of control, maybe there’s something interesting waiting for us.”

At last, he rose from his seat. With a firm press of a button, the door slid open, revealing the ramp that descended into the new world below. Humidity quickly wrapped around him; the air was thick and sticky. Kasir paused for a moment, taking in the sprawling city that loomed just ahead. “What do you know of this place?” he inquired.

sith-divider-blue.png

Kasir seemed to really ponder Veradun’s question in regards to the Sith Lord, Nefaron - and the Nagai noticed this. The hesitation to share lighted a spark of both deeper wariness and further curiosity in the boy’s mind: what had Kasir witnessed when meeting or fighting alongside this other Sith that he didn’t want to share it with the boy?

Did he think him incapable of handling the truth?

The response Veradun received was a carefully crafted one, and the boy’s icy eyes narrowed ever so slightly. “Then he sounds like a powerful Sith Lord to me, and perhaps smarter than many of the others.” The young teen paused for a few heartbeats. “You don’t need to feel like you should hide things from me. I’ve seen war, I’ve seen death. I’ve taken lives already myself. I’ve watched intestines fall out of a pirate I gutted, felt warm blood spill over my hands.

He looked at the older Sith who was piloting the ship. “I watched other orphaned children such as myself kill and eat each other, before my sister found and saved me.” He turned his head to look out through the viewing window before him as they came ever closer to breaching the atmosphere of Faldos. “You do what you have to do to survive.” The boy murmured, perhaps hinting at what he had to do himself in order to live through that nightmare.

Veradun watched the glow of orange surround the ship as it began to pierce through the upper atmosphere, and soon a monitor came to life with a digital map of the surface below them. The boy tried to understand what the various beeps and hums meant as they descended towards a fog wrapped city, and soon Kasir was skillfully setting the ship down at a landing dock.

The engines powered down, and the man told the boy that the place was different from the Dresuoti, to which the boy could only raise an eyebrow. From what little he could see…and from the terrain, it was certainly different than home.

Just so long as I don’t get in trouble with the High Priest.” Veradun muttered, a devious smile dancing on his face briefly. “So…who or what controls this place? You mentioned something about a transition going on?” he asked Kasir curiously as the man rose from his seat, and the boy followed suit.

Outside the ship, the planet’s surface was thick with humidity, and there was a certain stench in the air that made the boy wrinkle his nose. No…this was definitely not Formos, or the Dresuoti.

The gaunt looking boy glanced at Kasir. “Umm, I know very little about this place. Just that it is some backwater planet, really.

The news of the boy having already claimed a life stirred a deep sense of intrigue within Kasir, igniting a fire more potent than anything he had felt since their recent meeting on Bailiff Station. The weight of death often lingered heavily in his own thoughts. It was not one of dread; he wore it much differently, as a badge of experience.

“It is the home of the Inquisition,” he started, not bothering to look back. “Whereas the Order of Wonosa held more sway over Formos, this planet is under stricter laws. I wish I could say it is the newer of the two dominions under the High Priest’s control, but Formos is no longer the home to our Order. However, considerable number of its people have made it to this place from what I’ve gathered.”

Veradun, though youthful in appearance, possessed a depth that left Kasir wondering if his age contributed to this rare moment of restraint earlier.

Kasir's brown orbs flickered with a blaze of anger; there was an intensity within them that threatened to consume him. “They took everything from me,” he seethed, his voice rising with each word. He clenched his fists, the essence of the dark side swirling around him. "I yearn for the day their screams echo through the void, until their very essence is extinguished by my hands.” A cruel smile crept across his lips, revealing a glimpse of the wrath that was beginning to take over. "Even a Darkseeker can’t thrive in the shadows forever. Every Sith is bound by ambition, and that is something that simply cannot be contained.”

He began to focus on the pulse of the dying engines, letting them guide him back from the edge of fury. With each inhale he tried to envision it melting away like ice under the sun. It was replaced by a calm composure. His hand brushed against the hilt of his saberstaff outside of his black cloak as though it were a beacon of clarity, rather than a symbol of chaos.

Stepping down the small ramp, he finally would touch upon the damp earth of the backwater planet below. There were towering trees with twisted trunks reaching towards the sky, their leaves vibrant in color. In the distance, he could hear cries of unseen creatures, reminding himself of life on this foreign world. He paused for a moment, his gaze sweeping across the landscape. The weight of his memories began to settle on his shoulders. Maybe when he finally settled in here, he would find another abode near the starport, allowing him to replicate the same level of efficiency he was accustomed to.

Last edited:

sith-divider-blue.png

Veradun followed behind Kasir as the man told him the planet was the home to the Inquisition - which the boy knew served his High Priest, who was their Lord Inquisitor. In fact, Darth Strosius had Sponsored him as the Lord Inquisitor. He wasn't too terribly surprised to hear that this world, Faldos, was under stricter laws and rules. The Inquisitors were a far more militant like body of the Sith Order, from what Veradun had gathered. Even Lord Strosius acted different when he was in the official capacity as the Lord Inquisitor; more authoritative and even cold.

But it was the rest of what Kasir said that made the boy stop dead in his tracks, staring at the back of the older man’s head as he tried to understand what he was hearing.

Formos…was no longer the stronghold of the Order of Wonosa? When did this happen? Had the High Priest decided to move them to Faldos for a reason? Why hadn't he been informed of such an event taking place?

Though new to the Force and the ways of the dark side, Veradun could sense anger rolling off of the man in front of him. And the words he growled out made the boy frown deeply in confusion.

What…what are you talking about? What do you mean that the Order isn’t on Formos anymore?” Veradun asked Kasir sharply, his look of confusion clear upon his pale and gaunt face.

He didn’t need to see or hear the boy; the very energy of his confusion radiated through the air around them. He had already detected his sudden stop. Prior to any of the Veradun’s words, a strange sense of confusion was felt, for Kasir expected that he would have been informed of the attack, given that he was on the Bailiff Station, where other members of their order were also temporarily residing.

Turning to meet his gaze, his mind churned with contemplation as was seemingly his nature when in the presence of the young acolyte. It wasn't a reflection of any perceived weakness in him, in fact quite the opposite. Rather, there was something about the teen that evoked memories of his own days as a troubled youth before he was taken in by the Inquisition, when he roamed Dromund Kaas without any sense of direction.

“You must understand,” he began, taking a single step back forward. “Our sanctuary, the heart of our occult, was shattered on Formos. It happened so suddenly, and I am still trying to grasp the full weight of the consequences.” He paused, the memories swirling in his mind—visions of flame and chaos, and the view of burning structures. “I cannot tell you what remains of the city... or of the Dresuoti. It was all too recent.”

With a clenched jaw, he forced himself to meet the eyes of the boy, searching for understanding. “We must not let this shake us, nor can we afford weakness.” he declared.

The Darkseeker, weathered by all his past decisions, now had to confront something more dangerous than any potential lightsaber clash–a battle against a fragment of compassion that may have very well still lingered deep in his being. According to his own personal creed, it was nothing more than a vulnerability that must be illuminated. It was an emotion that Kasir had long abandoned. For the first time in countless years, it resurfaced. “While deception and trickery thrive in the nature of the Sith, I have no reason to lie to you, Veradun.”

His head tilted slightly, gesturing towards the city behind him. “Let us turn our attention to exploring this new city. A distraction, yes, but one that may bring unexpected opportunities.”

Last edited:

sith-divider-blue.png

He stared at the back of Kasir’s head, waiting to hear an answer to his questions, his confusion still clear and evident, as the other man turned around to face him directly and caught his gaze. Veradun didn’t like the expression he was receiving, as it told him that something had happened without his knowledge.

And as Kasir took a step forward and began to explain, a coldness draped over the boy’s shoulders and trickled down his spine. And the more he heard, the more the icy coldness wrapped around his heart and constricted it tightly.

So Formos City had been attacked, and possibly even the Dresuoti? It couldn’t be possible.

He blinked at Kasir, still silent as he tried to wrap his mind around what he had just heard. It was as if his mouth had gone dry and his vocal cords refused to work at the moment. His brain ran with wild thoughts and worries and fear, even though he did pick up on the fact that Kasir didn’t even know if the settlement had been attacked or not. Maybe…maybe it had been passed over? Maybe the attack forced the High Priest to move the citizens to keep them safe…and thus his parents and his little brother and sister were safe and sound.

That was his biggest fear at that moment: that something had happened to them. But he trusted in his High Priest to keep his people safe and sound.

After a moment, he inhaled and held his breath, before exhaling sharply. The other man assured him, despite the deceptive nature and ways of the Sith, that he was being honest and upfront with the boy and all Veradun could do was nod as it was suggested they explore the city before them.

No…no one told me about what happened. Not even the High Priest - and I was just in his office speaking to him not that long ago. Maybe nothing was said to me because there is not much for me to worry about? Maybe my family is safe and sound afterall and they didn’t want to distract me from my studies…” He said, voicing his thoughts aloud. “Maybe my family is here on Faldos?” His eyes brightened suddenly as he started walking again, staying next to Kasir and looking at him as he walked.

Hey! You could help me find them, if High Priest moved the folks here! I’d love to see Mother and Father and tell them everything that’s happened so far. I miss them. Sister too…but I haven’t heard anything from her either for a while. Do you think she knows what happened too? I assume she does.

Observing his body language, he felt a surge of relief wash over him. It appeared that his words had possibly earned the boy's trust, though he couldn't be certain. If his mood had soured this early on in their journey, it would present challenges not only for Veradun, but for both of them as they traveled this foreign planet together.

Upon hearing that he had recently encountered the High Priest, yet remained uninformed, Kasir couldn't help but wonder why. He was wary of overstepping any boundaries, striving to keep on the good side of the Sith Lord. As he learned more about his family, it managed to trigger a flood of memories. For the first time in years, he was reminded of his own, something he had purposefully buried deep within his mind. Despite leaving the Sith Academy well over a decade ago, Kasir had never once ventured back to his home on Dromund Kaas. Even now, guilt and regret were absent in Kasir's heart; he was detached from his roots.

"Let us explore this possibility," the Sith responded at last, his voice a murmur. His brow furrowed due to the weight everything he was contemplating. "I have every reason to believe your sister is aware of what happened," he continued, looking over to Veradun as they were walking towards their destination. "But I must admit, I haven't felt her presence aboard the Bailiff Station."

His dark robe trailed behind him as they began navigating through the tangled backwaters. His boots stepped over gnarled roots covered in mud, though it was difficult to even see them as there was fog that clung to the ground. On several occasions he heard the splash of unseen creatures, which seemed to not be far away. Trees appeared to be covered in moss. The landscape was a stark contrast to the one found on Formos.

As they drew closer to the city, the atmosphere began to feel more tense. From a distance, it appeared to pulse with energy and life just like any other he visited. However, upon closer inspection, he also couldn't help but notice the abundance of armed guards positioned at the numerous checkpoints. He then glanced sideways at Veradun. Mischief danced in his amber orbs. "What shall we do if the guards decide to deny us entry?" he asked. His voice was low and carried a hint of amusement.

For as long as he could remember, Kasir always thought himself not to be bound by the same rules of others. A curl on his lip revealed the eagerness for confrontation. Unfortunately, this planet would not prove to be a practical choice, as it fell under the rule of their High Priest.

“You know,” Kasir started, now feeling the weight of several guards' eyes upon them. “This might even prove to be a chance to test your..persuasion skills.” His demeanor was relaxed at that moment. In unity, they did carry an immense amount of power that could surely handle just about any situation with ease. "What's the worst thing that could happen? If they put a hand on you," he continued, his voice firm now, "then I suppose I'll have to put mine on them." It was simply his way of trying to reassure the acolyte in a way that truly reflected his personality.

A guard suddenly appeared in their path, blocking their way as he looked to them from underneath his helmet. "State your purpose for entering.”

Kasir purposely took a single step back, trying to shift the attention to Veradun, who was now in the spotlight of the guard’s gaze.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom